• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

DJ_Lae

Amazon always honors price, right? That's their preorder guarantee.

Nope. If there's a price error you'll get an e-mail saying they made a mistake and your order will be canceled. I've had a few before ($20 white PSP years back, $120 Bosch driver/impact combo, something else I'm forgetting) and it's always the same.

It seems like FS is the most stable deal set, right? First time using this promotion.

For games that are more than $64.99, Best Buy is the better place because the 30% discount brings in more savings. This I'm comparing with FS.

If you talking about Amazon.ca, thing is a clusterfuck right now and is completely hit or miss, depending on the rep you deal with for the additional discount.

Lizardus

ztjhso.PNG

What am I doing wrong guys? It seems only 15% discount is being applied.

DJ_Lae

That's right - the games are already 15% off prior to adding them to your cart, then a 15% discount is applied to those prices.

Ultimately you don't quite get a full 30% off but it's working correctly there.

Toad.T

Banned
For games that are more than $64.99, Best Buy is the better place because the 30% discount brings in more savings. This I'm comparing with FS.

If you talking about Amazon.ca, thing is a clusterfuck right now and is completely hit or miss, depending on the rep you deal with for the additional discount.

Yeah, it was the latter. I knew that FS and BB were of the same parent company, but I only thought that BB did the "Gamerscore" or whatever crap.

good thing i did my orders earlier before amazon seemingly changed how it works.

Got 4 games at $47 a pop, and that includes a deluxe edition of DAI which was originally $79.99

Lizardus

No, you're fine. I believe the games are already 15% discounted. Here's how the promo goes:

All preorders are 15% discounted.
3 or more will be additional 15% discounted (total is 30%).

That's right - the games are already 15% off prior to adding them to your cart, then a 15% discount is applied to those prices.

The other 15% is already applied to the base price before adding to cart, apparently.

So it's pretty much the same as BB deal then. Was there some sort of error before because I was browsing old pages and someone got same games for cheaper.

Returners

If you're looking to get collector editions, only Amazon does any reduction in price. CEs on FS and BB's site don't qualify for the 30%/$20 off.

baconcow

It seems like FS is the most stable deal set, right? First time using this promotion.

Comparing BB and FS, BB has the better deal for all price ranges. FS only gives up to $20. Someone has a comparison table, some pages back. Best thing to do is add the games to your cart on each store and compare the final total yourself.

ahdurian

was doing a comparison with my friend to see where we should preorder from

for 69.99 games (Farcry 4, The Order, The Last of Us)
Future Shop subtotal = 149.47
Best Buy subtotal = 146.97

For 44.99 games (Pokemon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire, SSB)
Future Shop subtotal = 96.39
Best Buy subtotal = 94.47

Probably ordering from BB since it does save a buck or two, but it doesn't seem like too big of a difference to really matter

Cudder

I'm gonna put together an Amazon order tomorrow (hopefully they have all the games up). If I can't get the 30% off the 60$ games, I'll just replicate the order at Best Buy to get faster shipping and peace of mind I can return the game easily if I need to.

Not to mention if the odd chance I don't get a game day 1, I can buy another copy at the store and return the one I ordered online.

is there a way to get amazon to send you another email with your order details? I ordered 5 games at once then cancelled one but didn't get a new invoice in my email inbox.

trixx

Comparing BB and FS, BB has the better deal for all price ranges. FS only gives up to $20. Someone has a comparison table, some pages back. Best thing to do is add the games to your cart on each store and compare the final total yourself.

Only time you save more at best buy is if you are buying games for 69.99(ps4/xbone games) and you're saving $21, i think.

Personally, i think i'm just goinng to go with FS, since i don't think ill be getting a ps4/xbone this year anyways

Well the Sony presser answered your question.

haha yeah, almost the only thing that made me clap today :D Edit: and LBP3 announcement.

Still WTH is so special about those freakin two weeks during which everybody and their neighbours are releasing their games? End of October to mid November 15 games will be released!

Mayyhem

You guys placing orders on 3 games at a time? Or just doing one huge cart of games and then ordering?

Trying to think of the smartest way of doing it, cause from what I recall if I had an order of 3 games last time and wanted to cancel the first one before it came out I'd have to cancel all 3 (or however many were in that particular order)

Returners

Only time you save more at best buy is if you are buying games for 69.99(ps4/xbone games) and you're saving $21, i think.

Personally, i think i'm just goinng to go with FS, since i don't think ill be getting a ps4/xbone this year anyways

You know that it's actually lesser than $20 off at FS for titles less than 69.99 right?

Bestbuy is better.

Also, how hard is it for Bestbuy to add Garden Warfare for PS4 already.

Apathy

You guys placing orders on 3 games at a time? Or just doing one huge cart of games and then ordering?

Trying to think of the smartest way of doing it, cause from what I recall if I had an order of 3 games last time and wanted to cancel the first one before it came out I'd have to cancel all 3 (or however many were in that particular order)

check what you want to get, if its a lot, 6 or more, you could do multiple orders as long as you keep 3 not ordered till the last day in case you want to scoop up any stragglers that come out later in the week and want to keep the extra savings

I usually just place a one big order.

For Future Shop/Best Buy, I did happened to change the credit card and the addresses on the same order multiple times since I've moved to the West coast and back to the East.

Amazon, never ordered games before but I've placed an order for 18 games, hopefully they ship when they are out instead of waiting for the rest of them being released.

The reason why I do this is because if I do happened to cancel a game, like I did with Forza 5 last year, the rep wouldn't complain about the minimum 3 game limit for the promotion to be applied.

I usually just place a one big order.

For Future Shop/Best Buy, I did happened to change the credit card and the addresses on the same order multiple times since I've moved to the West coast and back to the East.

Amazon, never ordered games before but I've placed an order for 18 games, hopefully they ship when they are out instead of waiting for the rest of them being released.

The reason why I do this is because if I do happened to cancel a game, like I did with Forza 5 last year, the rep wouldn't complain about the minimum 3 game limit for the promotion to be applied.

I actually ended up doing two last year... Only because my first order also contained my launch PS4 and I was scared to death I'd lose the order on re-doing the whole order so I made a 2nd order of 3 games. Still have 7 games from last year's E3 lol... Order 1886, Star Wars: Battlefront, MGS5, Kingdom Hearts 3, Final Fantasy 15, Destiny, The Division.

ahdurian

man..BB is lagging bad now...
oh well, not all the games I want to order are up yet
Little Big Planet 3
Bloodborne
Destiny
Farcry 4
The Last of Us Remastered
Uncharted 4
Mortal Kombat X
Dead Island 2
The Order 1886
PS Vita TV

probably missing some that I Can preorder, and aren't indies/digital only...but damn

UberTag

Did anyone actually go to one of the Sony conference screenings? I'm curious what they gave out. lol
According to other threads, they gave out beta codes for Battlefield: Hardline and Destiny, $5 in PSN credit and a 30-Day PlayStation Music subscription.

Lizardus

Fuck it, I am gonna chat with Amazon.ca tomorrow about how they are misleading. The maximum discount you would get right now is only 27.75% instead of the advertised 30%. Worth a shot, no?

man..BB is lagging bad now...
oh well, not all the games I want to order are up yet
Little Big Planet 3
Bloodborne
Destiny
Farcry 4
The Last of Us Remastered
Uncharted 4
Mortal Kombat X
Dead Island 2
The Order 1886
PS Vita TV

probably missing some that I Can preorder, and aren't indies/digital only...but damn

I'm waiting for LBP3, Bloodborne, Uncharted 4 and MKX right now myself on BB. I think I'm gonna check again tomorrow night to see if Nintendo's stuff is up there... Which I strongly doubt.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
Fuck it, I am gonna chat with Amazon.ca tomorrow about how they are misleading. The maximum discount you would get right now is only 27.75% instead of the advertised 30%. Worth a shot, no?

You go get dat 2.25% ;)

ahdurian

According to other threads, they gave out beta codes for Battlefield: Hardline and Destiny, $5 in PSN credit and a 30-Day PlayStation Music subscription.

I went to the Toronto one
that is indeed true
EDIT: we also got a I <3 PS t-shirt (if you were lucky enough to get one), a 4-game poster (Destiny, Batman: Arkham Knight, The Order, Battlefield), and one of those rubberwrist bands that says "Greatness Awaits"

Battlefield Hardline beta code and Destiny alpha code come in on the day those start
I'm not sure about the PSN credit or 30-day Music sub, but assuming those are coming on those days too

Top Bottom