• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

DVCY201

I shuffled some of my orders around so that the content in my Amazon order is the same as the one I have with BB. That way, if Amazon does cancel or change the price I'll still have a back-up.

Jinto

I preordered so many games last night from BB, they sent me an email this morning to verify my order. First time that's happened. Still waiting for them to put up all the Persona games tho.

EB Games sent me a coupon for my birthday. Buy 1 used game, get the 2nd for %40 off. Yay! :/

Playstation 4 Destiny Bundle 449? Shouldn't it be more expensive?

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00KFS3NXI/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I've barely touched my PS4 since launch, but I want this.

if you pre-order games for the E3 deal on amazon.ca, does each ship as it becomes available with free shipping? or do you get charged extra for each separate item as it ships?

Jinto

I've only caught up to this thread just now, so I may be missing something, but isn't the BB deal better than the Amazon one as of right now?

I don't understand the Amazon deal right now, I just put three new games that were 55.99 (including smash bros and bayonetta 2) each into my cart and went through the checkout, but it only took off 30 bucks total discount. That seems way off 30%. Am I missing something?

I don't understand the Amazon deal right now, I just put three new games that were 55.99 (including smash bros and bayonetta 2) each into my cart and went through the checkout, but it only took off 30 bucks total discount. That seems way off 30%. Am I missing something?

Yes, read the last few pages for an explanation, it's a loooong story

Looking back on it now, I may have swindled Amazon to give me an extra 15% off when the deal first started. Don't feel bad about it either.

jzbluz

I got an email from Amazon and they actually gave me the extra 15%. I'm surprised because in the past when a csr forwarded my inquiry to the promotion team it usually meant I wasn't getting the promotion.

Lexxism

Wow. I missed that order 1886 deluxe. Lucky for those who pre-ordered :/ Looks like Sony didn't increase the price of the white PS4. I guess they know that PS4 isn't moving that much since the increase.

edit: EBgames has it for $500 :lol

Vamphuntr

The amazon deal is annoying. It's not clear what's included in the deal and what isn't. Persona Q and Dangan Ronpa 2 doesn't seem to qualify and FS/BB don't have them up ugh.

Lexxism

^ Just wait after Nintendo do their E3 later. I'm pretty sure FS/BB will add those Nintendo games later. Speaking of Persona Q, wait what? 49.99?

Trying to do the Amazon deal for
FIFA 15
The Order
Uncharted
The Division

but the last two dont have the additional 15% save promotion??? maybe they will update the site throughout the day? anyone know when this promotion ends? June 12 like FS/BB?

krae_man

Bestbuy doesn't have Bloodborne or The Ratchet and Clank Remake up for preorder yet.

Nothing really for PS3 was announced/shown either. Hopefully their is some cool stuff on the show floor and BB will add it.

zroid

Banned
Speaking of Persona Q, wait what? 49.99?

ATLUS up to their old tricks again...

edit: looks like this is legit MSRP. it's the same situation as SMT4, they are including some bonus junk in the first printing of the game to make up for the $10 increase.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I was charged for my xbone order, still haven't received a shipping notification yet, but it's still due tomorrow.

Lexxism

ATLUS up to their old tricks again...

edit: looks like this is legit MSRP. it's the same situation as SMT4, they are including some bonus junk in the first printing of the game to make up for the $10 increase.

Wow lol Atlus. Good thing I don't plan buying this game. 1st person view sucks :p

edit: I read via RFD that the guy who was sent to promo team was successfully got his orders adjusted.

Hello from Amazon.ca,

When you place an order for an eligible item for this promotion, you'll get a promotional discount for 15%.

However you'll get an additional 15% off only when you buy 3 or more qualifying titles.

I've checked your order #, but the full 30% discount was not applied though it is eligible for this promotion.

I've applied the 30% promotion by reducing one of the item price from your order #.The new order total is CDN$ 166.57.

A detailed summary of your adjusted order, including the new order total, can be found here:

Ondore

OK, so I did Smash 3DS / Smash WiiU / Bayo2 on Amazon and ended up with an order total of $119.71. But the games are still showing at $55 and $38 each... how are they going to charge this when stuff ships? Last one out the door is $10 or something?

Lexxism

OK, so I did Smash 3DS / Smash WiiU / Bayo2 on Amazon and ended up with an order total of $119.71. But the games are still showing at $55 and $38 each... how are they going to charge this when stuff ships? Last one out the door is $10 or something?

I assume they will divide those promotion applied to each item when they ship it to avoid people to cancel everything.

weird, I had an order on amazon from yesterday that I had to update my billing address on because it used the US address i have associated to my account instead of my regular Canadian one and after updating it, the promotion values were adjusted. before they were 15% and 15% and now they are 15% and 18%.

Yasumi

Banned
Eh, that Persona Q Limited Edition really doesn't seem worth it. An extra $30 for an art book, a case, and a 4 track sampler CD? Got the regular PQ + Freedom Wars and it's the same price as just the PQ LE. Now just waiting on Senran Kagura to be added.

ohlawd

lol I'll get the Persona Q premium from Amazon and buy the game digitally day one.

and when the standard release gets cheaper I'll get that too.

Anyone that ordered the 30% off Xbox One yesterday have it ship out yet? Mine hasn't but I think that's because I went for a slower shipping speed.

farisr

Though Best Buy saves me about $1 over futureshop per game, I'm still going with FS for the preorders. I'm preordering a ton of them, some I'm inevitably going to return because they aren't looking so hot near or at release, and have a FS just minutes away from me so returns are going to be easy.

The closest best buys I have are 15-20 minute drive away, so returns are a hassle, plus gas. In the end, I'd probably end up spending more with best buy than with futureshop.

suikodan

Anyone that ordered the 30% off Xbox One yesterday have it ship out yet? Mine hasn't but I think that's because I went for a slower shipping speed.

Mine's out for delivery later today. Hopefully I'll be able to find Ryse @ 20$ (with a 5$ extra rebate) at a Target near me so I can have something to play.

Mine's out for delivery later today. Hopefully I'll be able to find Ryse @ 20$ (with a 5$ extra rebate) at a Target near me so I can have something to play.

Ok great to hear. I just wanted to make sure they are honoring the price. Mine should ship out today, for a Friday delivery.

Seik

Banned
Pre-ordered Batman, GTAV, MKX and Bloodborne so far, in addition to my other order.

This is a harsh year for my wallet. D:

suikodan

Pre-ordered Batman, GTAV, MKX and Bloodborne so far, in addition to my other order.

This is a harsh year for my wallet. D:

Nah, as a whole, it look like your wallet will get a big hole but when you look at the fact that each game's release date have quite a gap between them gives me the time to pile up those BBZR points and apply them (as gift cards) to my orders from BB.

Nah, as a whole, it look like your wallet will get a big hole but when you look at the fact that each game's release date have quite a gap between them gives me the time to pile up those BBZR points and apply them (as gift cards) to my orders from BB.

That's a good point.

Savings are greater in the long run.

No_Style

Wait. How? Can you actually buy BB Gift Cards with RZ Certificates? I thought it wasn't possible to buy Gift Cards with them.

Takuan

Can someone confirm that the Amazon deal is now:

• 15% off select pre-order titles (discount already reflected on the product page)
  • An additional 15% off if you pre-order 3 or more qualifying titles (discount takes place at checkout)
With an asterisk for both as some titles are not discounted at all, despite appearing on the pre-order page.

i-Jest

Eh, that Persona Q Limited Edition really doesn't seem worth it. An extra $30 for an art book, a case, and a 4 track sampler CD? Got the regular PQ + Freedom Wars and it's the same price as just the PQ LE. Now just waiting on Senran Kagura to be added.

Freedom wars is up for preorder? I'ma check this out.

Top Bottom