• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

Apathy

i just did an order at Amazon and the order summary stil lists games at $59.49 is the discount supposed to show on that page?

I think amazon kinda does a whacking thing when it comes to pricing, although it says 59.49, check the sidebar when you order there should be an extra spot for promotions that does not change the price of the item in the middle, so it confuses people

Cactus

Banned
Can someone confirm that the Amazon deal is now:

• 15% off select pre-order titles (discount already reflected on the product page)
  • An additional 15% off if you pre-order 3 or more qualifying titles (discount takes place at checkout)
With an asterisk for both as some titles are not discounted at all, despite appearing on the pre-order page.

Not every game includes the first promotion (15% off select pre-order titles (discount already reflected on the product page)). Two of the three games in my order (Disgaea 4 and Danganronpa 2 do not, for example). I had a long talk with a customer service rep just now, and she confirmed that there are many ineligible games.

On a related note, I'm worried that FS and BB aren't planning to add the two aforementioned games to their databases. I'm itching to cancel this bloody Amazon order.

Tagg9

Not every game includes the first promotion (15% off select pre-order titles (discount already reflected on the product page)). Two of the three games in my order (Disgaea 4 and Danganronpa 2 do not, for example). I had a long talk with a customer service rep just now, and she confirmed that there are many ineligible games.

On a related note, I'm worried that FS and BB aren't planning to add the two aforementioned games to their databases. I'm itching to cancel this bloody Amazon order.

Yeah, I talked with a CSR for almost two hours earlier arguing that some games should be included in the deal that currently aren't (PvZ PS4), but she refused to relent.

I wish one damn Canadian retailer would add the Witcher 3 Collectors Edition... been really bugging me over the last week...

Can someone confirm that the Amazon deal is now:

• 15% off select pre-order titles (discount already reflected on the product page)
  • An additional 15% off if you pre-order 3 or more qualifying titles (discount takes place at checkout)
With an asterisk for both as some titles are not discounted at all, despite appearing on the pre-order page.

It's actually 15% + 18% now.

$70 games are -15% = $59.49, then -18% on checkout ($10.71) = $48.78 = 30.3% off... BUT Amazon has shipping charges of about $2 /game...

So its officially a month since I placed an order with Nintendo and the console is still in shipping limbo, both Nintendo and Canada Post have no idea whats going on- they act like they've never shipped an item before its fucking ridiculous!

Anyone know of any local deals where I can pick it up around 250? That way I can just tell both Nintendo of Canada and Canada Post to fuck off?

Apathy

So its officially a month since I placed an order with Nintendo and the console is still in shipping limbo, both Nintendo and Canada Post have no idea whats going on- they act like they've never shipped an item before its fucking ridiculous!

Anyone know of any local deals where I can pick it up around 250? That way I can just tell both Nintendo of Canada and Canada Post to fuck off?

I'd wait till after the Nintendo Direct today to look, just in case they do a price cut.

npanciroli

Neo Member
muuuuhhhhhhhhh

Saving money is haaaaaaaard

This gave me a really good laugh.

Got my original 6 in at Amazon which I won't return. Think I'll order 6 more at Best Buy that I'm not completely sold on.

Farcry 4, Batman, Dead Island 2, X and 2 more.

Then when my wife finds out I'm screwed.

Brandson

Best Buy wouldn't let me order Uncharted 4 since it has a projected release date after my credit card's expiry date so went to Amazon.ca for that one, and preordered everything else at Best Buy.

Apathy

Best Buy wouldn't let me order Uncharted 4 since it has a projected release date after my credit card's expiry date so went to Amazon.ca for that one, and preordered everything else at Best Buy.

That kinda sucks that you wont get full discount for that one game, dont want to add 2 more to the amazon order to get the full 30%?

i-Jest

Guys, is DK Tropical Freeze for $55 a good deal or can it be found cheaper?

That's the regular price. I know it was $40 somewhere recently, but not sure if there are any sales currently.

This was with taxes applied though.

Eh, that Persona Q Limited Edition really doesn't seem worth it. An extra $30 for an art book, a case, and a 4 track sampler CD? Got the regular PQ + Freedom Wars and it's the same price as just the PQ LE. Now just waiting on Senran Kagura to be added.

Did you preorder freedom Wars on Amazon or Best Buy? I can't seem to find it. I must have missed something.

Excited for nintendo's E3 conference. 9 MINUTES TO GO!

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
I got an email from Amazon and they actually gave me the extra 15%. I'm surprised because in the past when a csr forwarded my inquiry to the promotion team it usually meant I wasn't getting the promotion.

I got this email too this morning. Went to order some more, but a bunch of the E3 games are ineligible. Guess I'll be getting those from BB.

Brandson

That kinda sucks that you wont get full discount for that one game, dont want to add 2 more to the amazon order to get the full 30%?

Uncharted 4 was already $50 on Amazon.ca bringing it more or less in line with the Best Buy -30% price. Do they really discount that by another 15% in this deal?

Put in a fake expiry date that extends beyond BB's release date. When you get your new card, change the expiry date on the card to the real one (make sure you do this before the game ships, of course). Done.

You may have to also do this expiry date runaround for other games in your order if they ship before Uncharted does, I don't remember.

DJ_Lae

Well, that's not what I expected. At least I can cancel I guess.

I'm in for one $175 order for a few games (including Skylanders), a $100 order of three, and a $450 white PS4.

More than I expected to preorder, but the PS4 I'll likely cancel. I do want a white one, though.

Cudder

Talked to a couple Amazon reps, they both insisted that they can't add an additional 15% anymore, and that they have to forward it to their marketing department.

I see people here saying that they actually got an extra discount from their marketing team?

kitzkozan

Best Buy added a lot of game, such as Metro: Redux, Bloodborne, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Dead Island 2, etc.

I think I'm waiting for Nintendo E3 presentation to be over before making my final order.

BadHand

I pre-ordered:

(Amazon)
Assassin's Creed Unity
Batman Arkham Knight
The Last Of Us: Remastered
The Order 1886

(Best Buy)
Rise of the Tomb Raider
Uncharted 4
Mass Effect 4

And I already have these pre-ordered:

(Futureshop)
Destiny
Metal Gear Solid 5
Mirror's Edge 2
Final Fantasy XV

...and I feel kinda crappy about having this horde or AAA third person action shoot em's. But when I think about it, there isn't one game that I could bring myself to let go of. I might just preorder LittleBigPlanet 3 to make myself feel better.

Meelapo

Neo Member
Anyone having success ordering from Best Buy? Every time I add games (only 13) and try to check out I get an error. I've used multiple browsers which have not helped my issue.

suikodan

Do I seriously have to worry about my card expire date for these games?

I'd say yes because mine expires soon and BB wouldn't let me pre-order games. I went thru Paypal for those. Amazon didn't bother although I'll make sure to update my CC information asap.

Cancelled my old Best Buy order this morning. Best Buy are probably gonna update their listings later today. I'm on that Hyrule Warriors hype train

Sealtest

Well now that the gamecube adaptor ($19.99) and the new Gamecube controller (29.99)
have been announced I wonder if they'll go up by $5 in Canada. I hope not.

Top Bottom