• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

ohlawd

If you got it for $46 cancel it. If you got it for $39.99 keep it and buy them both seperate. It's what i plan on doing.
fuck it I'll order it from Amazon when they put it up and hopefully eligible for 15% off

I'll just buy the game instore full price at launch and return it later

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
My wallet...

- The Last of Us
- Batman Arkham Knight
- Destiny
- MGSV
- BloodBorne
- Assassin's Creed Unity
- Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
- Smash Bros Wii U
- Bayonetta 2
- Xenoblade Chronicles X

That's like $541.72 man.

RE_Player

I rearranged my orders so one is games that are for sure coming out in 2014 and the other is all games that would be coming out after my credit card expires so I can just change the card easily. I've heard how much of a hassle it is changing cards mid order.

Sora_N

I got Neptunia Rebirth from Best Buy also, damage is getting higher so I might cancel a few games (no time to play games for $50).

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
fuck it I'll order it from Amazon when they put it up and hopefully eligible for 15% off

I'll just buy the game instore full price at launch and return it later

What Vita games?

My wallet...

- The Last of Us
- Batman Arkham Knight
- Destiny
- MGSV
- BloodBorne
- Assassin's Creed Unity
- Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
- Smash Bros Wii U
- Bayonetta 2
- Xenoblade Chronicles X

That's like $541.72 man.

Lightweight.

I will post my list on the 13th.

Google

I just exploded:

Shipping Method: Express
Items: CDN$ 875.85
Shipping & Handling: CDN$ 0.00
Promotion Applied: -CDN$ 8.92
Promotion Applied: -CDN$ 136.91
------
Total before tax: CDN$ 730.02
Estimated GST/HST: CDN$ 36.49
Estimated PST/RST/QST: CDN$ 51.07
------
Order Total: CDN$ 817.58

Delivery estimate: Sept. 9 2014
1 "Destiny - PlayStation 4"
Video Game; CDN$ 59.49
Available for Pre-order
Sold by: Amazon.com.ca, Inc.

Delivery estimate: Jan. 7 2015 - Jan. 8 2015
1 "PS4 The Order: 1886"
Video Game; CDN$ 59.49
Available for Pre-order
1 "FIFA 15 Ultimate Team Edition - PlayStation 4"
Video Game; CDN$ 59.49
Available for Pre-order
1 "Grand Theft Auto V - PlayStation 4"
Video Game; CDN$ 59.99
Available for Pre-order
1 "Sunset Overdrive - Xbox One"
Video Game; CDN$ 55.24
Available for Pre-order
1 "Bayonetta 2 - Wii U"
Video Game; CDN$ 55.24
Available for Pre-order

Delivery estimate: Oct. 7 2014
1 "Dragon Age Inquisition Deluxe - PlayStation 4"
Video Game; CDN$ 76.49
Available for Pre-order

Delivery estimate: Oct. 7 2014 - Oct. 8 2014
1 "Forza Horizon 2 Day One Edition - Xbox One"
Video Game; CDN$ 59.49
Available for Pre-order

Delivery estimate: Jan. 2 2015
1 "Assassin's Creed Unity - PlayStation 4"
Video Game; CDN$ 59.49
Available for Pre-order
1 "PS4 The Last of Us Remastered"
Video Game; CDN$ 59.49
Available for Pre-order

Delivery estimate: Feb. 24 2015
1 "Witcher 3 Wild Hunt"
DVD-ROM; CDN$ 42.49
Available for Pre-order

Delivery estimate: Oct. 15 2014 - Oct. 16 2014
1 "Alien Isolation - PlayStation 4"
Video Game; CDN$ 55.24
Available for Pre-order

Delivery estimate: Aug. 26 2014 - Aug. 27 2014
1 "Diablo 3 Ultimate Edition Eng Only PS4"
Video Game; CDN$ 55.24
Available for Pre-order

Delivery estimate: Nov. 18 2014 - Nov. 19 2014
1 "Halo: The Master Chief Collection - Xbox One"
Video Game; CDN$ 59.49
Available for Pre-order

Delivery estimate: Nov. 25 2014 - Nov. 26 2014
1 "Far Cry 4 Limited Edition - PlayStation 4"
Video Game; CDN$ 59.49
Available for Pre-order

Nice prices on Amazon and I feel way more comfortable buying from them than BB/FS just because of their return/cancellation policy in the event I dont want/need any of these.

I'm glad the 15% got taken off after the checkout also

I think I'm set

Futureshop - NHL 15, Diablo 3, Last of Us
Amazon - Evolve, Arkham, Unity, Witcher, Mordor
Best Buy - Uncharted, Bloodborne, Tomb Raider, Rainbow 6, Mass Effect

Left from last year - MGS 5, FF 15, Destiny, The Order, Smash 3ds, UFC, Division, Battlefront

2014-2016 covered lol

khaaan

Save 30% on select Zelda, Mario and Yoshi titles on the Nintendo eShop
http://e3.nintendo.com/offers/

Wii U:

Super Mario Bros
Super Mario World
Sonic Lost World
Sonic All Star Racing Transformed
The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD
The LEgend of Zelda
The LEGO Movie
LEGO Hobbit
LEGO Batman 2
Yoshi's Island: Super Mario Advance

3DS

Mario Party: Island Tour
Super Mario Bros
Sonic Lost World
Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed
Sonic Generations
The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D
The Lego Movie
LEGO Hobbit
LEGO Legends of Chima
LEGO Lord of the Rings
Yoshi

Haines

Banned
I've been so busy with work and e3 that I haven't been able to check out the e3 preorder deal.

Still worth it this year? Should I just go future shop again? And I can preorder any game I want or do I have to follow a select list?

Any sweet ones I shouldn't miss?

djblue89

So with that amazon deal they adjusted my order from over 900$ to 580$ for 17 games... I have no idea what they did.... I wonder if they will honor it ? I will pre-order from BB just in case.

I mean in my order I have evolve from 24$, that would be insane if they ship it.

Nice prices on Amazon and I feel way more comfortable buying from them than BB/FS just because of their return/cancellation policy in the event I dont want/need any of these.

I'm glad the 15% got taken off after the checkout also

Huh? If anything BB/FS are the better choice as far as their return policies (ie not having to pay to send things back).

Yasumi

Banned
Got a response, they don't know if/when they'll be putting up SV, and to order from .com if I really wanted it. Seemed pretty stock answer.

So with that amazon deal they adjusted my order from over 900$ to 580$ for 17 games... I have no idea what they did.... I wonder if they will honor it ? I will pre-order from BB just in case.

I mean in my order I have evolve from 24$, that would be insane if they ship it.

OMG! How did that even happen? Overall how much % in discount did you end up getting?

I can pretty much guarantee that you won't get it on release day if you select free shipping on Amazon, no matter where you live in Canada.

I'm aware of that, but when I had the Amazon Prime trial it gave me the option to choose release day shipping, is there's an option for that if you don't have prime?

3N16MA

Banned
I still have The Witcher 3, MGSV, , The Order 1886, and The Division on order from last years E3 deal.

I don't even have a PS4.

astonish

Last year I had to be choosy about the preorders, but this year is hard. Lots I'm not 100% sure I'm going to play, Mass Effect I want whatever CE they come with, but mostly I'm looking at buying more on the PC than ever before. Probably will do Zelda WiiU, Uncharted 4 and one other title and call it.

At the same time I think its time to pick up a WiiU. I have been hording PC points and almost $300 in points at superstore, but I can always get Visa gift cards and purchase elsewhere. The mariokart bundle seems like the best deal with the extra controller and the extra game as a MK bonus. Anything I'm missing or should I just pull the trigger on the bundle?

I'm aware of that, but when I had the Amazon Prime trial it gave me the option to choose release day shipping, is there's an option for that if you don't have prime?

I think so, you just have to pay for it. I think you need to pay for two-day shipping at least (the same level of shipping you'd get for free with Prime).

FrsDvl

Well i put in my pre order... Sunset Overdrive, Halo Collection and Sims 4. May put in another order,yet, but i'm unsure. Not ordering any 2015 titles, in hopes the prices go back to 60$ and they don't come till after e3, for 40$ games.

3N16MA

Banned
I have only returned a couple of things to Amazon but I never had a problem. Printed the return label and was charged nothing for returning the product.

I think some people like the security of being able to walk into a FS/BB and returning a product without worrying about it getting lost in the mail not reaching the cutoff date.

I think so, you just have to pay for it. I think you need to pay for two-day shipping at least (the same level of shipping you'd get for free with Prime).

Oh ok, that works for me. Thanks

One last question hopefully someone can answer. I wasn't paying attention and chose the ship when all are ready option. Which is something I absolutely do not want since my earliest is Destiny in Sept and last is Uncharted 4 which could take forever.

I tried changing it, but I see no option to do so, I can just email them to try and change it, but does anyone know if they'll ship them separately since they're each spread apart by 2+ months?

Google

I think some people like the security of being able to walk into a FS/BB and returning a product without worrying about it getting lost in the mail not reaching the cutoff date.

I just fucking hate having to deal with retail stores. Going to the store, standing in a line, having to explain myself to the 19 year old behind the desk for why I'm returning.

Amazon is so simple and when you throw Prime into the mix, videogames often arrive on the day of release.

Top Bottom