• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

You don't if you "bend the truth" and make up a reason to return it.

Exactly. This is more to my point. I don't want to have to be concerned about how many games I return as Amazon requires a reason as they pay for return postage. I can go to any Best Buy or Futureshop to return my unwanted E3 games with no questions asked.

Amazon is still a safe bet for returns I'm sure but, for the record, I have heard of them requiring postage in certain situations. Who knows if they'll decide that their E3 deals will fall into that category? Most likely not but, in the end, I'd rather deal with FS/BB as they've been completely reliable for years with their deal.

I just fucking hate having to deal with retail stores. Going to the store, standing in a line, having to explain myself to the 19 year old behind the desk for why I'm returning.

Amazon is so simple and when you throw Prime into the mix, videogames often arrive on the day of release.

Fair enough, it's such a rare occasion that I'll be returning stuff that I really don't care. But, to be fair, I've never had to explain why I'm returning something to anyone in regards to a packaged game at Futureshop. It's about as easy of a process that you can get.

Last year I had to be choosy about the preorders, but this year is hard. Lots I'm not 100% sure I'm going to play, Mass Effect I want whatever CE they come with, but mostly I'm looking at buying more on the PC than ever before. Probably will do Zelda WiiU, Uncharted 4 and one other title and call it.

At the same time I think its time to pick up a WiiU. I have been hording PC points and almost $300 in points at superstore, but I can always get Visa gift cards and purchase elsewhere. The mariokart bundle seems like the best deal with the extra controller and the extra game as a MK bonus. Anything I'm missing or should I just pull the trigger on the bundle?

I'd say wait, unless you really want to play MK8 right now. Nintendo may announce a price cut this fall to go with Smash. Your points won't expire.

Dazzler

I just fucking hate having to deal with retail stores. Going to the store, standing in a line, having to explain myself to the 19 year old behind the desk for why I'm returning.

Amazon is so simple and when you throw Prime into the mix, videogames often arrive on the day of release.

I don't have Prime and the year of Xbox Live I ordered yesterday afternoon is already sitting in my mailbox at home

unbelievable service

i-Jest

Curious - would Best Buy price match Amazon's deal? I'd much rather get all my stuff from one retailer.

Anyone having success ordering from Best Buy? Every time I add games (only 13) and try to check out I get an error. I've used multiple browsers which have not helped my issue.

I've been so busy with work and e3 that I haven't been able to check out the e3 preorder deal.

Still worth it this year? Should I just go future shop again? And I can preorder any game I want or do I have to follow a select list?

Any sweet ones I shouldn't miss?

Amazon's got a bigger selection of preorders to choose from, including special edition/collector edition bundles. Best Buy's good for return. You don't risk losing the discounts on your grouped preorders. That's not the case with Amazon, or so I vaguely remember reading. Price wise, not much difference I think, unless you got in on the Amazon deal early where people were getting orders cheaper than they should.

krae_man

So far:

LIttleBigPlanet 3
Rise Of The Tomb Raider
Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
BloodBorne
Wii Sports Club
Batman: Arkham Knight
Pokemon Omega Ruby
X
The Last Of Us Remastered
The Crew Limited Edition
Sacred 3
Diablo III

Already Preordered:

-FFXV
-Kingdom Hearts 3
-Mirros Edge
-Last Guardian
-Yoshi's epic Yarn
-Witcher 3

So is the final concensus Amazon or Best Buy?

Best Buy today, Amazon yesterday. Amazon ended up giving me 47% off on each game ($70 --> $37). Needless to say, I'm thrilled. I ordered 10 games at those prices. Since I also convinced them to upgrade me to Priority shipping for free, I should always receive the games within 1-2 days of release too.

Cudder

FWIW, Amazon.ca's email reply to trying to get the initial 30% deal they had:

Hello,

I'm writing a follow up on our chat conversation.

As per we've discussed, I took ownership of your issue and the technical department are still investigating with this issue regarding the promotion of 30% discount. I'll personally follow up with you and send you a reply once the issue is fixed. You can expect the e-mail within 1 to 2 business days.

I greatly appreciate your patience and understanding on this.

Once again, thanks for giving us time to look in to this for you.

So, it might be "fixed"? Who knows. I'm going to put in the exact same order at Best Buy, and if Amazon doesn't add the additional 15%, I'll cancel with them.

Best Buy today, Amazon yesterday. Amazon ended up giving me 48% off on each game (from current standard Canadian prices of $69.99). Needless to say, I'm thrilled. I ordered 10 games at those prices. Since I also convinced them to upgrade me to Priority shipping for free, I should always receive the games within 1-2 days of release too.

I wish I could have pre-ordered something yesterday. But before the reveals, the only games I for sure wanted were Pokemon Omega Ruby and Hyrule Warriors. Oh well, I am still getting a discount.

Now I have to wait for Best Buy to put up:
Harvest Moon: The Lost Valley
Story of Seasons
The Legend of Zelda U
Splatoon
Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
Fantasy Life
Mario Maker
Mario Party 10
Kirby and the Rainbow Curse
and anything I may have missed.

Haines

Banned
Best buy will put up all the games right? I don't even see the new Zelda. Also is there limited amounts? I remember last year some games running out?

Apathy

FWIW, Amazon.ca's email reply to trying to get the initial 30% deal they had:

So, it might be "fixed"? Who knows. I'm going to put in the exact same order at Best Buy, and if Amazon doesn't add the additional 15%, I'll cancel with them.

Yeah, I just finished chatting with a rep and got the same thing. My order I placed today did not get the extra % off unlike the order I placed yesterday.

So does amazon take the amount off the games when they ship them? When I look at them in my order they are all listed at the price they are on amazon even though the total for the order is the amount with all the discounts off?

Vamphuntr

FS and BB have yet to add 3DS and Vita games. Disappointing. On the Amazon front, it seems Persona Q is out of the promo. Irritating.

so.... when are the newly announced Wii U games going to be on Futureshop's website? are they on BB or Amazon yet?

My guess would be late tonight or early tomorrow morning

FS and BB have yet to add 3DS and Vita games. Disappointing. On the Amazon front, it seems Persona Q is out of the promo. Irritating.

I didn't realize vita had any games coming or that 3ds had more than smash and pokemons.

SOLIDDDD

Banned
After talking with the Amazon rep it's cheaper than Best Buy by about $10 for me. Getting Halo: Master Chief Collection, Lego Batman 3, Halo 5, Arkham Knight, and Sunset Overdrive.

Was preordering civ, AC and witcher 3 all for PC but they grouped shipping of AC with witcher 3 next year? Any way to make amazon ship games when they're available?

Lexxism

Was preordering civ, AC and witcher 3 all for PC but they grouped shipping of AC with witcher 3 next year? Any way to make amazon ship games when they're available?

They will ship the item when it becomes available. The reason it was being grouped together is because they all have the same placeholder date Dec 31 2014.

btkadams

Okay, what's the deal with the amazon preorders now that the dust has settled? I have 3 games in my cart and I don't see any discount being applied at the end of the checkout.

amrod

Last E3 I pre-ordered "Halo (Xbox One)" ... Which version is that valid on Halo 5: Guardians or Halo Collection?

I asked FS twitter and got no reply, anyone know?

Pavillion

anyone with experience getting games with bestbuy... What day does the game usually arrive with standard shipping? day of? few days late? just wondering thanks.

ohlawd

I loved the salty tears in that thread lol

hey man it was Vita only then the news came that it's also PS4 and Xbone then SE fucked up and say it's a mistake so it's PS4 and Xbone only then people started crying and saying fuck Sony but other people are going around telling people it's SE fault but people aren't listening because salty people are salty and the thread is funnier that way

I loved the salty tears in that thread lol

hey man it was Vita only then the news came that it's also PS4 and Xbone then SE fucked up and say it's a mistake so it's PS4 and Xbone only then people started crying and saying fuck Sony but other people are going around telling people it's SE fault but people aren't listening because salty people are salty and the thread is funnier that way

Though I have a Vita and not that interested, there are other owners including few friends of mine looking forward to that game for quite a while now. Hoping for it.

Then again it is square, :lol.

Top Bottom