• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

Vamphuntr

I had a live chat with amazon.ca customer service rep and he said to me not all games qualify for the preorder promo. If no discount is applied, it's because one of the item in you cart might be excluded from the promo. It should be written on the product description page if the game qualify or not.

ohlawd

naw man console versions of Type 0 is the greatest thing. I ain't mad at no Vita version :3

you can tell your friends to buy those versions or import the game and apply the patch.

i-Jest

naw man console versions of Type 0 is the greatest thing. I ain't mad at no Vita version :3

you can tell your friends to buy those versions or import the game and apply the patch.

I wonder if Sony and SE are gonna do a takedown of that patch?

Cudder

Putting together an order on Bestbuy.ca, and it says my credit card is expiring soon, even though it expires 11/15. What's the trick here, just put 2016 instead?

Also, I have a gift card of 54$, and input the card for my order, but it doesn't take off the amount on the gift card, what's up here?

TimeKillr

I had a live chat with amazon.ca customer service rep and he said to me not all games qualify for the preorder promo. If no discount is applied, it's because one of the item in you cart might be excluded from the promo. It should be written on the product description page if the game qualify or not.

It's still bullshit - you click on a link that says "up to 30% off pre-orders, including titles announced at E3" and all of a sudden there's a bunch of shit (mostly the stuff that's been added very recently) that doesn't have the discount. It's just BS, because if you order now you can get fucked in the future as it's a discount on the final price type of promo, not a discount on individual games...

I'm thinking of switching some stuff to FS just because. I'll wait a bit, and if it's still fucked tomorrow I'll talk to a CS rep and tell them I'll just switch everything to FS because of this bullshit that is never clear, see what happens.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
Where the fuck can I pre-order this in Canada for Xbox One?
This sucks, did Sony pay for exclusive pre-ordering as well? Because on Amazon.ca, BestBuy, Futureshop I can only find PS4 version.

I posted this on the other thread

*EDIT

Talking about GTA 5

Sealtest

Has anyone talked to a CSR and asked how discounts will be done on items that were given promo discounts and not actual discounts to each games?

kimsich

Neo Member
Has anyone talked to a CSR and asked how discounts will be done on items that were given promo discounts and not actual discounts to each games?

Amazon rep said it's flat discount so no need to worry about individual cancellation on the games. the discount will still apply correctly.

If you're doing Nintendo Wii U games Futureshop is actually slightly less expensive than Best Buy because the games start at $64.99 instead of $69.99.

Best Buy 30% = $45.50
Futureshop $20 = $44.99

Pavillion

Have everything I want to preorder except forza horizon 2. It gives me an error everytime I try. Also I may have gotten carried away preordering 15 games so far. It's just so hard to pass up a game priced at 48.99 when we usually have to pay 69.99.

FluxWaveZ

Real weird to me that BB/FS would have games like Prey 2 or Mass Effect 4 on their list, but lack so many other games coming out later this year. Requested some additions yesterday, but that didn't result in anything. Oh well.

I get the credit card expire soon thing at Bestbuy... even though it's still good for more than a year, uncharted has placeholder date of December 31 2015... They did not think about that kind of shit? They are so bad at online things! Oh well, they still have good prices!

Can I just edit my credit card to expiring in 2016 and change it back once the order went through?

EditL Nevermind it does not work.... Can I put a credit card I don't want to use and change back to the other credit card after? Or I will need to call them for every freaking order cause you are never able to update shit on their website? (Sorry for the tone, I am getting fed up with their archaic system! haha)

Dazzler

Real weird to me that BB/FS would have games like Prey 2 or Mass Effect 4 on their list, but lack so many other games coming out later this year. Requested some additions yesterday, but that didn't result in anything. Oh well.

Used to work on this exact process at FS

It has to go through about three/four different people before it makes it up on the site

if one of them has other shit to do, then it won't make it up promptly

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Used to work on this exact process at FS

It has to go through about three/four different people before it makes it up on the site

if one of them has other shit to do, then it won't make it up promptly
That sounds so tedious. Is it the same four people for both FS and BB? lol

Dazzler

That sounds so tedious. Is it the same four people for both FS and BB? lol

nope, two different teams

I used to write all their video game product descriptions

Remember Future Shop "leaked" the Yoshi game a while back? That was me who wrote that

Bizarre seeing something I'd wrote being quoted as news on gaming sites when I'd just wrote it intending it to be an unpublished placeholder. Someone further along the chain with no concept of games put it live

oh well

firehawk12

Subete no aware
nope, two different teams

I used to write all their video game product descriptions

Remember Future Shop "leaked" the Yoshi game a while back? That was me who wrote that

Bizarre seeing something I'd wrote being quoted as news on gaming sites when I'd just wrote it intending it to be an unpublished placeholder. Someone further along the chain with no concept of games put it live

oh well

Haha, that's kind of neat.

Also, even though BB and FS are basically the same company and ship product from the same warehouse, they have two different gaming website teams? Well, hopefully that means that we're twice as likely to see more games added before the promo is over.

Top Bottom