• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

Anything excited for Vita or 3DS that should be added to the pre-order page?

Vita
Persona 4: Dancing All Night
Freedom Wars
Grim Fandango (though this will probably be digital)
Oreshika 2 (lols won't make it)
Akiba's Trip

3DS
Story of Seasons
Harvest Moon: whatever its subtitle is
Persona Q
Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney (assuming it gets a physical, but Amazon lets you pre-order!)
Fantasy Life

That's off the top of my head, I'm sure I'm missing a few.
NOTE FOR ANYONE SKIMMING THE THREAD: THESE ARE NOT LIVE ON FS/BB YET, DON'T GET YOUR HOPES UP.

mackaveli

So should I order my E3 games at Amazon, Futureshop or bestbuy?

reading the thread it seemed like there was a mistake on Amazon yesterday that is fixed today?

And Bestbuy has the best prices now?

Edit - Also none of the websites charge your credit card until the game ships right?

Thanks

Yasumi

Banned
Really an amazing deal. XB1 + Destiny + Halo = $400 after tax (Ontario). I was about to buy one but restrict myself for doing so.
This was probably the craziest deal. I still can't believe they haven't cancelled it on me.
k2e8UeY.jpg

Anything excited for Vita or 3DS that should be added to the pre-order page?
For Amazon, 3DS is mostly updated, but it would be nice to have an actual discount on Persona Q and not have Fantasy Life be $60. On Vita, Senran Kagura, P4Dancing, Tales of Hearts R, Project Diva f 2nd, and Oreshika are missing. On FS and BB, they pretty much need any kind of update period.

So should I order my E3 games at Amazon, Futureshop or bestbuy?

reading the thread it seemed like there was a mistake on Amazon yesterday that is fixed today?

And Bestbuy has the best prices now?

I still can't get amazon to give me the proper discount. It's missing about $25 on a 4 game order. Which is lame.

-Deimos

$70 for The Division, HA!

Hmm what happens if I preorder Rainbow Six: Patriots? Would they cancel the entire order once they remove it?

indivisible

Neo Member
I think Best Buy is the better deal $21 off per $70 game, free shipping. Amazon holds orders on purpose unless you have prime. I've haven't gotten a game early from Amazon since 2012, but received The Show and Stick of Truth from Best Buy a day early.

mackaveli

I still can't get amazon to give me the proper discount. It's missing about $25 on a 4 game order. Which is lame.

How so? I put an order for six games and got it to $48.17 a game. (Live in Alberta GST 5%).

If I do the same order it works out to $50.66 a game on Bestbuy.

Or am I missing something and can save more?

Dazzler

Haha, that's kind of neat.

Also, even though BB and FS are basically the same company and ship product from the same warehouse, they have two different gaming website teams? Well, hopefully that means that we're twice as likely to see more games added before the promo is over.

yep, two different teams for everything

it's supposed to foster competitiveness

So one site could well have games the other doesn't have

mackaveli

None of the companies charge you until the game ships right?

I haven't ordered or pre-ordered games in years and just want to make sure.

Thanks,

Going to grab a PS4 tomorrow.

Is the best deal the Killzone bundle for $449.99?

iLLmAtlc

None of the companies charge you until the game ships right?

I haven't ordered or pre-ordered games in years and just want to make sure.

Thanks,

Going to grab a PS4 tomorrow.

Is the best deal the Killzone bundle for $449.99?

Not sure if amazon has changed but in the past they wouldn't ship to me until everything was ready for free shipping

The damage has been done. My Best Buy orders this year:

NHL 15
Battlefield Hardline
Far Cry 4
Pokemon Omega Ruby (for the girlfriend)
Dragon Age Inquisition
Bloodborne
Rise of the Tomb Raider
Batman Arkham Knight
Witcher 3 Wild Hunt

Geez, and I still have Kingdom Hearts, The Division, The Order, Star Wars Battlefront, Mad Max and Destiny from last year.

Xenoflare

WTF why ToX2 is $70 ;.;

Effing bullshit

I just saw SMT IV bumped to $55 at EB, I'm not even sure what's gonna happen with Persona Q, as there are indications that it will be at $50 for the U.S, same as SMT IV.

$59.99 for handheld games mhmm?

whogottricked

Neo Member
Putting together an order on Bestbuy.ca, and it says my credit card is expiring soon, even though it expires 11/15. What's the trick here, just put 2016 instead?

I think it's because some games with no definite release dates (like Uncharted, for example) have a placeholder date of 12/31/15. I guess it won't let you buy it because it's past your credit card expiration.

Don't really know of a trick to go through it though...

iLLmAtlc

Can anyone clarify if setting your CC's expiry date a year later doesn't affect the order at Best Buy?

Is the game gonna be coming out before your current card expires?

If not this may be turn out to be more trouble than it's worth. On the FS side at least you can't update the card on open orders without calling in and it seems to be a hassle. I think I read someone on here saying FS said they're gonna cancel the order? Don't quote me on that though.

Vita
Persona 4: Dancing All Night
Freedom Wars
Grim Fandango (though this will probably be digital)
Oreshika 2 (lols won't make it)
Akiba's Trip

3DS
Story of Seasons
Harvest Moon: whatever its subtitle is
Persona Q
Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney (assuming it gets a physical, but Amazon lets you pre-order!)
Fantasy Life

That's off the top of my head, I'm sure I'm missing a few.
NOTE FOR ANYONE SKIMMING THE THREAD: THESE ARE NOT LIVE ON FS/BB YET, DON'T GET YOUR HOPES UP.

God I'm 90% sure those games aren't gonna be added... Until after E3. Hell, is Oreshika even on Sony's showfloor this year?

jholmes

This was probably the craziest deal. I still can't believe they haven't cancelled it on me.
k2e8UeY.jpg

Yeah, it's still up and legit on mine too. I'm going to have to find someone who wants the game when it comes out next year as I doubt I'll get a PS4, but man, what a deal.

Yaranaika

Still waiting for them to ship my Xbox One.
What's the hold up? It's in stock and available for 1 day shipping, yet mine just sits with a Tuesday, June 17 delivery estimate.

So about the FS deal while I wait for more games to go up I might as well plan the rest.

If I order 5 games in one order, and 1 of them ships, does that mean I can still cancel 2 of them? A little confused about that.

PS: I also have my premium edition of the order still going strong lol. dat 90% off.

So about the FS deal while I wait for more games to go up I might as well plan the rest.

If I order 5 games in one order, and 1 of them ships, does that mean I can still cancel 2 of them? A little confused about that.

PS: I also have my premium edition of the order still going strong lol. dat 90% off.

Online no, but people who have tried claim you can call Futureshop CS and they can cancel out one game. I have never tried.

Lexxism

It seems you need to call FS to cancel one of the orders

k2e8UeY.jpg

Yeah, I have the same order. That deal would be amazing even if it were just the game.
I still expect them to cancel the order at some point, though. It doesn't ship for months, so they have plenty of time.

Haha, the Amazon E3 deal is now limited to 5 games per person? Man, they must have really got bent over with their fuck up.

I can't wait to see what the rules change to tomorrow ;)

Yasumi

Banned
Haha, the Amazon E3 deal is now limited to 5 games per person? Man, they must have really got bent over with their fuck up.

I just noticed that too, wasn't sure if it was a recent thing. Those who ordered when the whole deal went live were so lucky.

ohlawd

I think it's been like that for over an hour

I fucking screwed up lol so much for waiting. I'll slot 5 games that FS/BB aren't picking up.

Yeah, it's still up and legit on mine too. I'm going to have to find someone who wants the game when it comes out next year as I doubt I'll get a PS4, but man, what a deal.

i'll buy it from you :p

or anyone else for that matter who got the deal and has an extra, or doesn't want it :)

You think it'll be okay if the year says 2016 even when they get ready to ship my first game? Will the year screw up the order or does it not matter much?

Maybe you might get an error when they try to charge for the first game since the year don't match? Or your card goes through with the year wrong anyway since it passed the check up they did when you placed the order. One thing that I am pretty sure of is if you change back the date on your card to the right one before the first order, it won't cancel the later ones. You should be able to play around with the year thing. I would not worry! =)

I just noticed that too, wasn't sure if it was a recent thing. Those who ordered when the whole deal went live were so lucky.

I woke up that morning being like "... This was a bad idea to wake up this early." Turns out it wasn't. Deals too stronk. I cancelled Destiny though since I'm getting the White PS4 Bundle. Fuck it I could use one more. Depending on if Persona Arena Ultimax gets an LE similar to Persona Q I MIGHT cancel that as well.

TWLJ9Nx.png

Apathy

The ol' bait and switch. It's some bullshit because they prominently display it on their site with no asterisk and change up rules after they already start a promo

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Well, I just spent 20 minutes with Amazon customer service hoping to get the rest of my discount applied to no avail. Guess I'll try again later in the week.

Top Bottom