• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

ohlawd

yep, definitely doesn't have the preorder discount.

I added Persona 5, Zelda U and Story of Seasons then checked out. Nada.

The discount will probably get added shortly. They are probably just in the process of adding games.

I just canceled my 3rd Best Buy order of the week. It's like I'm adding the games BB just added now, and then Amazon fucks up and it's cheaper there for whatever reason because Math, then I cancel BB and re-order etc etc. This is my first year doing the E3 Deal thing but it's really good in the long run. Saves money.

Seik

Banned
Meh, I'll probably have to e-mail FS tomorrow because both X and Xenoblade are on their list and I already pre-ordered X.

Still getting only 15% off on Amazon. :(

Me too. I did get Uncharted 4 for $50 because Futureshop has a date of dec 31/2015 and thats 1 month after my current credit card expires so I can't use them.

I like futureshop better as they use canada post which ends up in my mailbox in my condo.

Meh, I'll probably have to e-mail FS tomorrow because both X and Xenoblade are on their list and I already pre-ordered X.

do you think they'll switch my order from X to xenoblade X and keep original price I ordered it at? I pre-ordered it way back when, and i was getting X for 39.99.

Heh, the Best Buy URL for Fantasy Life is literally bestbuy.ca/404. GOOD TIMES.

Need to find two more games to go along with Uncharted 4 on Amazon, but nothing pops out at me except maaaaaaybe LBP3 (but I suck at LBP so probably not).

krae_man

Heh, the Best Buy URL for Fantasy Life is literally bestbuy.ca/404. GOOD TIMES.

Need to find two more games to go along with Uncharted 4 on Amazon, but nothing pops out at me except maaaaaaybe LBP3 (but I suck at LBP so probably not).

Diablo 3 and Pokemon break even.

Edit: Destiny is $47 after discounts are applied even though it starts at a full $70 somehow. It has $10.50 + 12.60 taken off.

Vamphuntr

I give up on Amazon's deals. I put 3 eligible games in my cart and it refuses to give me any kind of discount. Fed up with it. Hopefully FS/BB activate the promo on the new items quickly.

Lexxism

I give up on Amazon's deals. I put 3 eligible games in my cart and it refuses to give me any kind of discount. Fed up with it. Hopefully FS/BB activate the promo on the new items quickly.

Looks like Amazon is limiting the games eligible for the promo. It must have this if it qualifies.
Limited Time Offer
Save up to 30% on qualifying video games when you pre-order at least three different titles. Savings applied at checkout. Restrictions apply. See more.

Apathy

30% off of games that are 59.99?

THe ones I tried were already 15% off before you put them in your basket and then when I went to the checkout, they had an 18% discount on top of that, so just a bit over a total of 30% (they were only doing 15% off at checkout yesterday and it was coming out to be only 27.75% discount instead of 30%).

For Amazon, would "Group my items into as few shipments as possible" still ship each game individually? Does Amazon also charge your credit card only when the game ships?

Diablo 3 and Pokemon break even.

Edit: Destiny is $47 after discounts are applied even though it starts at a full $70 somehow. It has $10.50 + 12.60 taken off.

I already own D3 and I'm not sure I care about Pokemon, seeing as how I haven't even finished X yet. Ah well. Dying Light is $42.49 on PC, though. Not sure it's worth it, since I also never finished (or even came close to finishing) Dead Island. If only they would get Persona Q and Fantasy Life (or Persona 5!) on Amazon, though Fantasy Life is currently a ridiculous $59.99.

Past

... WHAT THE FUCK? Persona 5 isn't even at E3...?

rTc4xnt.png

Half of the games in there aren't even at E3 lol. Basically every games that are up for pre-orders are part of the deal.

Jesus goddamn, and here I was feeling like I need to exercise some restraint for threatening to breach $400. How do you have time to play all these games? This isn't Steam!
One of the things I learned last year by missing out on E3 (and having to refill them at Gamescom) was that knowing how the return policy/cancel, it makes more sense to just hold orders for ANYTHING you have the slightest interest in, and just cancel/return it out afterwards. By the time the game hits and you really want it, it's unlikely you can find the price.

Apathy

One of the things I learned last year by missing out on E3 (and having to refill them at Gamescom) was that knowing how the return policy/cancel, it makes more sense to just hold orders for ANYTHING you have the slightest interest in, and just cancel/return it out afterwards. By the time the game hits and you really want it, it's unlikely you can find the price.

This is the best stategy since you don't get charged until the game is ready to ship

xCobalt

Any idea when the E3 preorder deal expires at Amazon? Not sure if I should wait until the eligible games are sorted out or preorder now.

Samyy

are you guys for real? I am having hard time choosing 3 game. Because that's all I can afford for now. Even that is too expensive. GOD DAMN 70$ games

Well it helps when most of the games are 2015 and 2016 , I only have 3 games preordered for 2014.

i-Jest

Oh shoot, bestbuy has Persona 5 for $49.99. Jumping on that.

What

Edit: Oh man. It's not part of the deal tab for PS3, but I found it via search. Games that aren't part of the list aren't part of the E3 deal, right? Either way, I'm in.

... WHAT THE FUCK? Persona 5 isn't even at E3...?

rTc4xnt.png

Has Persona 5 even been announced?

Last year at the same time as P4A2, Persona Q, and Persona 4 All Night Dancing, but all we got was a teaser image.

Half of the games in there aren't even at E3 lol. Basically every games that are up for pre-orders are part of the deal.

I think we can all agree it's just a place holder. I think Best Buy's still in the middle of adding games and adjusting prices. Just tried to add Persona Q and Freedom Wars again and keep getting an error. If these games become apart of the E3 sale then that completes all my orders.....unless something comes up.

Apathy

Does Amazon or Best Buy for that matter charge the full order if you have 1 game that is ready to ship but the rest are not released yet?

Well it helps when most of the games are 2015 and 2016 , I only have 3 games preordered for 2014.
Exactly. If you break it back out into year/unannounced, it drops dramatically.

Do I think I'd keep Evolve? Right now, I can't even get my core group of guys to move up to a PS4. So maybe not. Do I have it on preorder? Yes.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
Does Amazon or Best Buy for that matter charge the full order if you have 1 game that is ready to ship but the rest are not released yet?

No, you will be charged as each game ships and not together. Atleast for BestBuy and Futureshop. Not sure about Amazon, but I think it will be same

are you guys for real? I am having hard time choosing 3 game. Because that's all I can afford for now. Even that is too expensive. GOD DAMN 70$ games

Just remember that (at least at BB/FS) you'll only get charged when they ship, so you won't pay that huge chunk at once.

I have seven games in my cart right now:

Batman: Arkham Knight (the demo at the Sony conference completely sold me).
BloodBorne
Uncharted 4
Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
NHL 15
Tom Clancys The Division (against my better judgment, maybe).
Grand Theft Auto V (double-dip).

Top Bottom