• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

Madouu

I'm kind of hesitant on Splatoon, Starfox preorders & Hyrule Warriors, I don't think the first two will be $65 MSRP games and concerning the latter, the treehouse presentation almost convinced me of picking it up, almost. Also, somehow I didn't preorder Yoshi last year, I feel stupid now.

Only got Pokémon x2 and smash 3ds preordered this year + smash wii u / Xenoblade X / SMT x FE and Bayonetta 2 from last year.

I'm definitely adding persona q, fantasy life, yoshi and the witcher 3 to the list. Still waiting on tomorrow's 3ds reveal.

djblue89

OMG! How did that even happen? Overall how much % in discount did you end up getting?

Here is a breakdown of the order:
WXyQMyh.png

haF3Cwn.png

kebWbxE.png

nviDMQu.png

xhmGi5m.png

I mean will they really honor the deal ? I made backup pre-orders on BB just in case.

I don't care which one it is now, whoever gets the god damn Witcher 3 Collectors Edition up gets my next order.

Jeez... been 5 days and every other country has this up except Canada...

zroid

Banned
Captain Toad is being listed at $64.99... i'd be really surprised if that ends up being more than $39.99. which means the E3 discount would make it more expensive than MSRP. :(

Captain Toad is being listed at $64.99... i'd be really surprised if that ends up being more than $39.99. which means the E3 discount would make it more expensive than MSRP. :(

They will change the price if that happens.

For example, I had Deep Down on pre-order from Futureshop last year. When Capcom announced it was free to play FF just cancelled it off my list.

terrible

Banned
Here is a breakdown of the order:

I mean will they really honor the deal ? I made backup pre-orders on BB just in case.

I only pre-ordered 3 games myself but at your prices I probably would have gone nuts too. ~$48 (what I'm paying) isn't cheap enough for me to go full out.

djblue89

I only pre-ordered 3 games myself but at your prices I probably would have gone nuts too. ~$48 (what I'm paying) isn't cheap enough for me to go full out.

The only question is will they ship them out, I mean they should since they shipped out those 280$ Xbox Ones

zroid

Banned
They will change the price if that happens.

For example, I had Deep Down on pre-order from Futureshop last year. When Capcom announced it was free to play FF just cancelled it off my list.

Sure, they'll drop the price down to the MSRP... but what's the point of pre-ordering it at E3 then. It's pretty annoying. >_<

I also have about 4-5 games from last year.... Right now I'm looking at 26 games total... Getting kinda pricey :S

I got 5 yesterday morning when Amazon was doing the 15% + 30% thing and there's 4-6 more I might want.

Only thing I really want to pre-order is the Witcher 3 Collectors Edition and for some reason no CDN retailer has it up yet. *grumble*

So if I preorder Captain Toad from Future Shop, and the price gets dropped (which it will, no way it is going to retail for $64.99), would I get 30% off the new price?

djblue89

I don't understand. How did you get so many of those games for significantly less than $40?

I don't know, I pre-ordered them and saw that there was no 30%, so I went into a chat session last night at around 8PM EST and told the rep that the promotion was not fully applied and she replied, okay I applied the additional 30%, so I think they did -15% then a -30% on the total, but the one thing that I don't get is that the prices for the games are all different, like why is the Crew the most expensive game on the list? Again, I am hoping they honor it for my sake, but I made backup orders because I don't want to be left out of the BB deal.

Yasumi

Banned
Man, my total order feels super conservative compared to some of you guys.

Dangan Ronpa 2
Persona 4 Arena Ultimax
XBlaze
The Order 1886 Premium edition (for $20)
Freedom Wars
Persona 5

In total, $224.71.
If I don't have a PS4 by the time The Order comes out, I'll probably sell it at a little less than regular price, reduce the sting of $200 a smidge.

Anth0ny

fucking hell why is e3 pre-ordering so god damn confusing this year

I should be pre-ordering from Amazon.ca if I want to save money, right?

terrible

Banned
I find i'll go "all out" at sub $40 for console disc games.

Last year I ordered 14 @ E3 sale. Still have 7 of those coming.

That's kind of how I feel about it too. If these games were $39.99 I probably would have ordered 10 or so. At $48+tax or whatever it is I can just wait a few months after release and get most of those games for cheaper.

The only question is will they ship them out, I mean they should since they shipped out those 280$ Xbox Ones

Hopefully they do ship them because those prices are pretty nice lol.

Samyy

My list:

Destiny
NHL 15
Dragon Age: Inquisition
The Order 1886
The Division
The Witcher 3
Bloodborne
Rise of the Tomb Raider
Uncharted 4
Mass Effect 4
FF15
KH3

Would like to preorder Type-0 but I refuse to believe its a $70 game...

zroid

Banned
So if I preorder Captain Toad from Future Shop, and the price gets dropped (which it will, no way it is going to retail for $64.99), would I get 30% off the new price?

99% chance no

the other 1% is if you complain after the price drops and get very lucky

zroid

Banned
They also have Devil's Third, but it's getting 404'd just like Fantasy Life

I'm still hoping for Monster Hunter 4 and Prof Layton vs Ace Attorney to show up

Not true. Uncharted 4, LBP3 and Bloodborne are $7 cheaper on Amazon.ca. Their could be others as well but those are the ones I've noticed.

Weird, Civ Beyond Earth went up in price, so did Evolve.....

Gonna order UC4, Bloodborne and Rainbow 6 at Amazon and lessen my BB order

Here's what I've got pre-ordered so far:

Amazon:
  • Uncharted 4
  • DriveClub
  • Diablo 3
  • Last of Us Remastered
  • The Order: 1886
  • Batman: Arkham Knight
  • Dragon Age: Inquisition
  • Destiny
  • Alien Isolation
  • Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
  • Assassin's Creed: Unity

I've still got to pre-order Rise of the Tomb Raider and Kingdom Hearts 3, but I'm waiting to see if anyone puts on Kingdom Hearts 2.5, otherwise maybe Smash Bros.

Not true. Uncharted 4, LBP3 and Bloodborne are $7 cheaper on Amazon.ca. Their could be others as well but those are the ones I've noticed.

Huh, you're right... amazon mis-labelled pricing for Uncharted 4, Bloodborne and Rainbow 6 Siege as $59.99 base from $69.99 base...

Works out to $41.81 each...

Right.... the ones on Amazon whose price is lower than 59.49 is better than BB right?

Looks like amazon screwed up, again, and posted some of the base prices as $59.99 instead of $69.99.

When they fixed it today they had $70 games with 15% off then 18% off at checkout.

Now a few games they just added are $60 with 15% off then 18% at checkout.

Save about $8 more on those: Bloodborne, Uncharted 4, LBP3, Rainbow 6: Siege... those are the ones I found.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
Final List from E3 Deals by platforms (combination of both last year and this year):

Xbox One:

- Halo: Master Chief Collection 47.65$
- Halo 5 40.50$

PS4:

Dragon Age Inquisition Deluxe 45.96$
The Order 1886 Premium 15$ (lol)
Final Fantasy XV 39.99$
Kingdom Hearts III 39.99$
Uncharted 4 40.05$
Metal Gear 5 40.05$
The Witcher 3 40.05$
The Last of Us 40.05$

3DS:

Pokemon Ruby & Sapphire 27.76$ each
Super Smash 27.76$

Wii U:

Bayonetta 2 40.67$
Hyrule Warriors 40.67$
Super Smash 40.67$
Xenoblade Chronicles X 39.99$
FE X SMT 39.99$

Total: 674.56$

Instead of 1249.82$ at retail price

Might cancel a few such as Witcher and Metal Gear; I've never played any games of those series before.

Still poor, why is gaming so expensive lol

Just changed up all my orders due to Uncharted, Rainbow 6, Bloodborne now working right on Amazon + Diablo 3 being 55 dollars somehow before promotion

Sealtest

Now that "WII U X" is now named Xenoblade chronicles X what happens to people who pre-ordered under the old name? Will FS/BB change the order?

big_z

The problem is that they "run out" of preorders, especially on Japanese games.

they didn't run out last year.
last E3 i cancelled my pre-order and re-did it all on the last day of the promo to make it easier to cancel portions if needed. nothing was oos.

BTW, is there a list of all the E3 games shown? When I preorder I want to make sure I don't miss anything I want.

Jagxyz

Here's what I ordered ...

AMAZON #1
• Uncharted 4 - $50.99
• LittleBigPlanet 3 - $50.99
• Bloodborne - $50.99
TOTAL = $141.76 (this includes tax) ~18% saved off list price, though they were 15% off to begin with.

AMAZON #2
• Diablo 3 - $55.24
• Evolve - $59.99
• Destiny - $69.99
TOTAL = $149.59 (incl. tax) ~29% saved off of list price.

Order #2 had two promotions applied on it (~18% and ~11%), while order #1 had just one.
Was cheaper than Best Buy by about 5 bucks, but Amazon shipping is more reliable from my experience. I don't really understand how they are doing their promotion, some games had part of it applied to the list price, while others had the entire promotion added at checkout. Kinda wanna ask CSR if I can get order #1's discount up to 30% but I think that may be a bit greedy, lol.

Top Bottom