• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

Jinto

lol, I just noticed that Atlus split the bonus Tarot cards between Persona Q and Persona 4 Arena Ultimax. Wtf? What, the extra $10 they're forcing on us isn't enough?

Do the Tarot cards come with the regular edition of P4AU? I just preordered it from Amazon. No mention of them.

:eek: the price went up 10 bucks

Same with Uncharted

And Rainbow Six

They were 50 bucks an hour ago when I pre-ordered them lol

Not even an hour ago. I literally just finished putting my order in 10 minutes ago. Uncharted 4, Bloodborne. and LBP 3 were all $50.99.

Ventara

Why is Persona Q $50 anyway? Just because?

Because 11 cards and a flimsy outer box. Honestly, I don't know why. Maybe something to do with faster localizations? I recall it being brought up when SMT4 was $50, but at least that came with a nifty strategy guide that made up for the extra $10 (though it sucked for those who didn't want it).

Anyways, I think I'll cancel PQ tomorrow morning. The extra $10 doesn't sit well with me, especially since I'm not all too excited for the game. Might still get the LE, though it's unlikely since I don't have a 3DS XL, and it doesn't seem to be limited like P4G Solid Gold was.

Do the Tarot cards come with the regular edition of P4AU? I just preordered it from Amazon. No mention of them.

I got the info from another poster. Let me check.

Edit: Looks like it's all first-print copies.

Not even an hour ago. I literally just finished putting my order in 10 minutes ago. Uncharted 4, Bloodborne. and LBP 3 were all $50.99.

Crazy that prices have gone up and down on various titles, it's like a game

FluxWaveZ

They do, yeah.

Glad it seems that a lot of games I want are in the process of being added to the deal. Need Guilty Gear Xrd and Danganronpa 2 and I'm golden. Interesting they decided to add Persona 5 at $49.99 when everything else is "overpriced."

i-Jest

X and Xenoblade Chronicles X are two seperate sku on BB. Welp if worse comes to worse I'll just return one if not to lazy cancel X.

anyone know how amazon is gonna charge? I ordered 4 items at once, came out to $186...so will I get charged the full $186 when the first game ships, or will I get charged on a per game($46.50/game) basis ?

Madouu

anyone know how amazon is gonna charge? I ordered 4 items at once, came out to $186...so will I get charged the full $186 when the first game ships, or will I get charged on a per game($46.50/game) basis ?

Per game shipped. Same for BB/FS if anybody is wondering about those.

ohlawd

woo I think that's everything. E3's still going so hoping for more shit.

and hurry the fuck up, FS/BB, with MH4. Shit was announced ages ago.

Jinto

Ok, after 3 orders from 2 different sites, and 50 games totaling around $2,250, I think I'm done. Maybe. I also ordered the first Theatrhythm game from Amazon just cause.

i-Jest

woo I think that's everything. E3's still going so hoping for more shit.

and hurry the fuck up, FS/BB, with MH4. Shit was announced ages ago.

I'm waiting for Persona 4 Arean Ultimax and Guilty Gear Xrd to be listed on BB myself. Second last day of E3, I want to get those preorders in.

ohlawd

Ok, after 3 orders from 2 different sites, and 50 games totaling around $2,250, I think I'm done. Maybe. I also ordered the first Theatrhythm game from Amazon just cause.

You must have ordered everything :)

Wanna buy me a second PQ premium? I'm keeping mine unopened but I want the case.

I'm waiting for Persona 4 Arean Ultimax and Guilty Gear Xrd to be listed on BB myself. Second last day of E3, I want to get those preorders in.
gimme ur tarot cards thx

Jinto

Pretty much. Well, except for Hyperdimension Neptunia for the Vita. The reviews for the PS3 version are horrible.

Wanna buy me a second PQ premium? I'm keeping mine unopened but I want the case.

Nah, I already ordered both the regular edition and the premium version. I ordered 2 Limited editions for DanganRonpa 2. Wanna buy the game once I'm done? lol

ohlawd

naw man

I got DR2 CE too. Just one tho there is a very good chance I'll hate the game like I did the first but what can I do? I'm a total sucker.

I'm buying PQ digital day one while keeping the CE unopened. I think I'll just get a second box alongside unannounced E3 shit.

Maximus.

Ugh so lame that we can't properly preorder Uncharted or any game that comes out 12/31/2015 :/ Also sucks that Kingdom Hearts 2.5 isn't available for preorder.

Jinto

naw man

I got DR2 CE too. Just one tho there is a very good chance I'll hate the game like I did the first but what can I do? I'm a total sucker.

I'm buying PQ digital day one while keeping the CE unopened. I think I'll just get a second box alongside unannounced E3 shit.

You ordered the first DR CE from the NIS store too, right? Did you get hit with any hidden shipping fees?

That's what I plan on doing with my PQ Premium edition and other DR2 LE. Opening it up for that case is tempting, but I never take my 3ds anywhere. The glasses, on the other hand, I'm totally sporting those.

chrono01

Well I did a large number of my pre-orders for the year.

Amazon.ca

Order #1:

Persona 4 Arena Ultimax [PS3]
One Piece Unlimited World Red - Day One Edition [PS3]
One Piece Unlimited World Red - Day One Edition [3DS]
Pokemon Omega Ruby [3DS]
Pokemon Alpha Sapphire [3DS]

Order #2:

Bloodborne [PS4]
Uncharted 4: A Thief's End [PS4]
The Evil Within [PS4]

Order #3:

Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth: The Wild Cards Premium Edition [3DS]

[I know, not technically an E3 pre-order, but still...]

BestBuy.ca

Order #1:

Hyrule Warriors [Wii U]
Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright [3DS]
Fantasy Life [3DS]

I still have Xenoblade Chronicles X and Yoshi's Land pre-ordered from last year's E3 [Futureshop], although I'm not sure if they'll honor them now with the name-change. I hope they do, given the cheaper price they're pre-ordered at. I might pre-order those two, along with Persona Q [to keep my Premium Edition sealed], at BestBuy just for safety reasons, and cancel them later if Futureshop confirms that they'll be honoring them.

I also want to pre-order Akiba's Trip - Undead and Undressed [haven't decided whether I'll go with Vita or PS3 yet] but Amazon.ca isn't showing the promotion and BestBuy/Futureshop don't have it listed. Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker, Kirby and the Rainbow Curse, and Mario Maker I'd like to add to my "ordered list", but I don't trust the higher prices that are listed for them now and I don't want the hassle of having to email/contact them to have the price(s) adjusted. I might just wait and see if the prices change first.

As for Zelda U, I'm definitely grabbing this one, but I don't want to pre-order the standard edition since I have a feeling a very nice "Limited Edition" will be made available, and I'd likely want that one instead. I'm not sure, though, Nintendo doesn't exactly do many Limited Editions...

Sorry I missed the whole Amazon thing but just placed an order because Xillia 2 and Last of us PS4 are cheaper than BB and Danganronpa 2 because they ghave it. Does not look like I got 30% off at all. Am I missing something? It's a 160$ order and the promo removed 28$.

Lexxism

Sorry I missed the whole Amazon thing but just placed an order because Xillia 2 and Last of us PS4 are cheaper than BB and Danganronpa 2 because they ghave it. Does not look like I got 30% off at all. Am I missing something? It's a 160$ order and the promo removed 28$.

You need to contact their customer service for the extra 15% off. It's usually hit or miss.

X and Xenoblade Chronicles X are two seperate sku on BB. Welp if worse comes to worse I'll just return one if not to lazy cancel X.

I cancelled X and ordered Xenoblade Chronicles X.

Not sure what's going on there.

Also, half the new stuff under Wii U might end up being download only/budget titles. I'm not sure what's what.

frequency

Is it okay if the name of a game changes on the site?

Like I had Yoshi preordered when it was "Yoshi's Land".
But they renamed it to the proper "Yoshi's Woolly World" now. It's still listed as Yoshi's Land on my order. Is that okay?

What happens if one of these games turns out to not be a retail title. Best Buy is offering that Captain Toad game, but I was going under the assumption that would be an eShop game. If that turns out to be the case, then what?

Yasumi

Banned
Yay, Bestbuy updated the discount eligable stuff. Freedom Wars ($27.99) + Persona Q ($34.99) + Persona 5 ($34.99). Not bad.

Returners

What happens if one of these games turns out to not be a retail title. Best Buy is offering that Captain Toad game, but I was going under the assumption that would be an eShop game. If that turns out to be the case, then what?

Futureshop gave out 5 dollar coupon last year.

So what's the best place to order from now? Best buy, Amazon or future shop?

I just want to order pokemon, Kingdom hearts and persona games

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
So Amazon bumped the list price of Bloodborne up to 69.99.

I don't know about you guys, but none of these deals are really enticing anymore. I'm still in a "games are 60$" mindset so 10$ off isn't enough to make me jump on a bunch of titles.

Did a full runthrough of my E3 orders over the past four years. If you start with the inflated MSRP, 2014 has been slightly better than the baseline discount of 33%. If you start with non-inflated MSRPs, though, that drops to 20%--well below all previous years. Stupid exchange rate.

(just in case you need a reason to cancel/scale back your pre-orders because your wallet is in tears)

Takuan

Amazon's handling of this promo has been quite awful. Day to day price fluctuations like a politically unstable country, what the shit.

$2700 post tax.

I need help.

Ordered by release date, then by platform:
Code:
Jun-14	360	Grid Autosport Black Edition (XBOX 360) 	$38.49
Aug-14	PS3	Tales Of Xillia 2 (PlayStation 3) 	$48.99
Sep-14	3DS	Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call (Nintendo 3DS) 	$31.49
Sep-14	PS4	NHL 15 (PlayStation 4) 	$48.99
Sep-14	PS4	Destiny (PlayStation 4) 	$48.99
Sep-14	Wii U	Hyrule Warriors (Nintendo Wii U) 	$45.49
Sep-14	XBOne	Forza Horizon 2 (Xbox One) 	$48.99
Oct-14	360	Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel (XBOX 360) 	$41.99