• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

ohlawd

Best Buy is updating again!

They have Freedom Wars now, however it's for 39.99. But with their E3 deal it is like $2-3 cheaper than Amazon's after taxes (BB at $28). Wolf Among Us and Walking Dead S2 are up there as well.

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product...spx?path=bca337a292977239c4a68e8e5edb3bf8en02

BB is also adding Fantasy Life, Professor Layton vs Ace Attorney (!!!) and Story of Seasons. FL is $39.99 but the rest are $44.99.

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product...spx?path=3b94818055fbd1e714bd7463c00e0529en02
old news

jk

I got a reply from amazon about my 30% not being applied correctly. No price update, guy will write back to me soon.

"We have already escalated this issue to our Marketing and Promotion Team. As this is a very huge issue we are facing with this Promotion right now."

Um...

FluxWaveZ

Got:

Super Smash Bros (Nintendo 3DS)
Persona Q Shadow Of The Labyrinth (Nintendo 3DS)
Persona 5 (PlayStation 3)
Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright (Nintendo 3DS)
Super Smash Bros (Nintendo Wii U)

From Future Shop for a total of $209.37. Not too into pre-ordering games that are far off and have no clear release date, so I avoided those.

Just need P4AU, DR2 and GG Xrd to be added. Could go with Amazon for the former two, but I want those day 1.

waiting for akiba's trip: undead & undressed

I don't think they know vita means life. :(

They really don't. I'm almost wondering if they'll even carry Danganronpa 2, but I'm sure they will.

Only missing Guilty Gear Xrd, Final Fantasy Type-0 (that isn't 69.99), and Tales of Hearts R.

My GETS so far are

Amazon:

Order 1 (each game is 30% off):

Disgaea 4 R
MGSV Phantom Pain
Smash Bros 3DS & Wii U
The Order 1886
Bayonetta 2
Persona 4 Arena Ultimax
Hyperdimension Neptunia Rebirth

Order 2 (because it's 6-7 dollars cheaper and I'm gonna ask for the actual 30% instead of 18% =/):

Uncharted 4
Bloodborne
LittleBigPlanet 3

Seperate Orders:

Freedom Wars
Akiba's Trip 2
Persona Q Premium Edition

Best Buy:

Final Fantasy XV
Kingdom Hearts 3
Persona 5
Hyrule Warriors
Xenoblade Chronicles X (they still have 'X' up for some reason)
Zelda U
SMT x Fire Emblem (RIP)
Star Fox U
Devil's Third
Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright
Theatrhytm Final Fantasy Curtain Call

Amazon are more than welcome to trip and give me cheaper deals than BB though =)

Alright, so I removed the games from my Amazon order that weren't adding the 30% promo. Now I have 3 orders across Amazon, Best Buy and FS.

Amazon:

Drive Club - PlayStation 4
Bayonetta 2 - Wii U
Sunset Overdrive - Xbox One
Metal Gear Solid V The Phantom Pain - PlayStation 4
Tom Clancy's The Division - PlayStation 4
Assassin's Creed Unity - PlayStation 4
Smash Bros. Wii U
The Last of Us Remastered
Uncharted 4: A Thief's End - PlayStation 4
CDN$ 50.99
The Order: 1886
UFC - PlayStation 4
Destiny - PlayStation 4
Witcher 3 Wild Hunt - PlayStation 4
Diablo 3 Ultimate Edition Eng Only PS4
Dragon Age Inquisition - PlayStation 4
Alien Isolation - PlayStation 4
Middle Earth Shadow of Mordor - PlayStation 4
Evolve - PlayStation 4
The Evil Within - PlayStation 4
CDN$ 50.99
Batman: Arkham Knight - PlayStation 4
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare - Playstation 4
Pokemon Omega Ruby - Nintendo 3DS
Far Cry 4 Limited Edition - PlayStation 4
Halo 5: Guardians - Xbox One
Bloodborne - PlayStation 4
CDN$ 50.99
Battlefield Hardline PS4
Halo: The Master Chief Collection - Xbox One

(Left the $50.99 listings in there as a stealth brag, some of you guys got better deals so I'm trying to make myself feel better, haha)

Best Buy:

Grand Theft Auto V (PlayStation 4)
Starwars Battlefront (PlayStation 4)
Metro: Redux (PlayStation 4)
Rise Of The Tomb Raider (PlayStation 4)

FutureShop

Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem (Nintendo Wii U)
Wii U X (Nintendo Wii U)
Zelda (Nintendo Wii U)
Star Fox (Nintendo Wii U)
Splatoon (Nintendo Wii U)

I probably won't be keeping them all, but these are the games I ordered and the ones I felt I had to order using this promo. Will have to spend my money wisely for the next while, that's for sure.

btkadams

Just a reminder to everyone, if you're waiting on a game to be put on best buy's website, tweet @BBYCanada. They responded to me pretty quickly when I suggested Final Fantasy Explorers (3DS). Unfortunately, it hasn't been officially announced for the west, so they won't put it up. I suggested Persona 4 Dancing All Night (Vita) as well:

lfc11

Neo Member
Just a reminder to everyone, if you're waiting on a game to be put on best buy's website, tweet @BBYCanada. They responded to me pretty quickly when I suggested Final Fantasy Explorers (3DS). Unfortunately, it hasn't been officially announced for the west, so they won't put it up. I suggested Persona 4 Dancing All Night (Vita) as well:
Someone with twitter please ask for MH4U :)

krae_man

In the end it's only a game or two a month. It really isn't that much all things considered.

Final Fantasy Type-0 HD
Captain Toad Treasure Tracker
Kirby & The Rainbow Curse
Zelda
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Star Fox
Persona 5
Persona Q Shadow Of The Labyrinth
Pokemon Omega Ruby
Wii Sports Club
Rise Of The Tomb Raider
The Crew Limited Edition
Batman: Arkham Knight
The Last Of Us Remastered
Diablo III
Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
Little Big Planet 3
Sacred 3
Bloodborne

Plus I already have Kingdom Hearts 3, FFXV, Mirrors Edge, The Order, Yoshi Epic Yarn, and Witcher 3 preordered.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Time to get on P4AU and GGXrd.

Returners

I asked for Diablo 3 Ultimate Evil Edition for PS3 and Garden Warfare PS4. Garden Warfare is up but D3 isn't.

EDIT: is today the last day for the promo?

Lizardus

Can anyone link the new Zelda game on Amazon.ca?

This "metagame" is more frustrating than real games. Why hasn't someone made a game about this, trying to get the best prices from different outlets with prices and discounts that change every hour?

Apathy

Can anyone link the new Zelda game on Amazon.ca?

This "metagame" is more frustrating than real games. Why hasn't someone made a game about this, trying to get the best prices from different outlets with prices and discounts that change every hour?

Price of Duty: Advance Mathfare

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
Soooooo, do I preorder a Playstation TV, or buy a Playstation Vita?

Also, Playstation TV needs a memory card to store games, yes?

Noahd41

Neo Member
I've got Destiny, Division and MGS5 from last year with the FS deal. This year I added Witcher 3, Shadow of Mordor, Alien: Isolation, Mass Effect 4, Uncharted 4, AC Unity, The Order, Mirror's Edge 2, SW: Battlefront, Rise of the Tomb Raider and Last Guardian (just in case).

kitzkozan

Could you ask them to put up Kingdom Heart 2.5 HD ReMIX which has an announced shipping date of 12/02/2014 in north america. :] I don't have a twitter account and don't really care to make one either. :p

Joeku

So Futureshop is really bad with visa debit cards; the remaining orders I have had with them since last E3 are going to be a pain in the ass cause every time I have to go buy a gift card for the exact amount and call them to have them apply it.

Do Best Buy and/or Amazon work better with them to anyone's knowledge?

Cancelled my pre order with BB just to re order the same 3 games + Persona 5.

Witcher 3, Dragon Age I, Tales of Xillia 2 for $48.99 each
Persona 5 for $34.99

Not bad. I am going to wait till next years deal to get Uncharted 4 plus others. Maybe our dollar will get better or another early round of price errors.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
So Futureshop is really bad with visa debit cards; the remaining orders I have had with them since last E3 are going to be a pain in the ass cause every time I have to go buy a gift card for the exact amount and call them to have them apply it.

Do Best Buy and/or Amazon work better with them to anyone's knowledge?

I've never been able to use a Visa Debit Card with BestBuy.ca, but I've had zero problems using them with Amazon.ca

Top Bottom