• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

daevv

I ordered a Minecraft Redstone touch light (LINK). It weights under 1 pound and with the cheapest shipping the whole total was only $22. Hopefully if I do get dinged with extra charges it won't be too much. Extra charges or not it should still be cheaper than the eBay alternative.

I got this in the mail this morning with no additional UPS fees. The box they sent it in was huge. It could hold almost 6 of the boxes the ore cube came it. the whole thing weighed nothing though. NO brokerage fees, so I'm happy!

Edit: Got it from Think Geek.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
$2700 post tax.

I need help.

Ordered by release date, then by platform:
Yeah, two years ago a 59.99 baseline price coupled with the same 20$ off promos we used to get would've saved you over 400$.

I just going to wait until the non-Nintendo games have sales.

Chatin

Depends on who, and how they do it. Last year's Halo on Best Buy did get switched over to Halo 5, but Rainbow Six Patriots still exist in parallel to Siege.
Also, the old Zelda U SKU got combined with Wind Waker HD, then they removed duplicate orders. I would imagine someone will clean up the X vs XCX soon.

zroid

Banned
I'd give it a week or so, after all the E3 hoopla has died down. If X still doesn't get merged with Xenoblade, then just send 'em an email and they should fix it.

Cudder

Wondering if it's even worth keeping holiday 2015 titles in my order such as Uncharted or Persona 5, when they're messing with my credit card expiry date. Might just add them to my order next year. MSRP of games might be down to 60$ around that time too.

zroid

Banned
Wondering if it's even worth keeping holiday 2015 titles in my order such as Uncharted or Persona 5, when they're messing with my credit card expiry date. Might just add them to my order next year. MSRP of games might be down to 60$ around that time too.

Well IDK about Uncharted but Persona is currently listed for $50... I expect that to only go up, if anything :lol

Do LEs not apply to the FS/BB deal? I don't get the discount when I add Persona Q to my cart, even though it's listed in the pre-order page.

ohlawd

You ordered the first DR CE from the NIS store too, right? Did you get hit with any hidden shipping fees?

That's what I plan on doing with my PQ Premium edition and other DR2 LE. Opening it up for that case is tempting, but I never take my 3ds anywhere. The glasses, on the other hand, I'm totally sporting those.
yep also ordered the first CE from NIS' store. No customs. Just the 9 dollar international shipping at checkout. Took 2 weeks to get here like everything else I've ordered from them.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
What if the $CAD gets worse? Just saying.

are amazon.ca pre-orders like Splatoon and Devil's Third going to be eligible for 30% off? It says nothing about them on the product page

http://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00KWL2CIU/

Anything that doesn't mention the "Save up to 30% on pre-orders" deal under Special Offers is not currently eligible for the Amazon deal. Your only option is to keep an eye on those games and hope they get added. I think Amazon has added games to the deal over the last two days (were Uncharted 4 and Bloodborne even on Amazon.ca two days ago?) so you might still have a shot.

I STOP BUYING GAMES.

kitzkozan

Persona 5 should easily go up in price by the time it does ship. You might lose out on some and win on others such as Final Fantasy type 0 which should be much cheaper than it's $70 price tag (if there's a physical release to begin with). :p The game is expected to ship by 01/31/2015 so january and not december. I'll wait for next year E3 to pre-order games that should come out in the fall of 2015 since it's past the expiration date of my credit card.

As far as the price fluctuation of the canadian dollar and the effect on the price of games, it's more or less a lottery lol.

dream

God, I ended up ordering a ton of stuff that I don't even want, but snatched up anyway solely because they were cheap.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Hmmm, the "changing expiry date of my credit card" to preorder december 2015 games doesn't seem to be working as I get an error message that my card is not valid... Anything else I could try...?

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.

Dude PLEASE. Don't even say that, looking at the $69.99 price tag hurts my eyes already. I hope by the time some game release it gets back to $59.99.

That's still possible right? Please tell me it is lol

Hmmm, the "changing expiry date of my credit card" to preorder december 2015 games doesn't seem to be working as I get an error message that my card is not valid... Anything else I could try...?

Which site? I'm sure you can call them and change that at anytime. I've done this for Amazon, FS and BB in the past.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Which site? I'm sure you can call them and change that at anytime. I've done this for Amazon, FS and BB in the past.

BestBuy. And yeah, my plan was to put a random date and call later to change it, but the order just won't go through as my card is rejected if I don't put the right expiry date. And it won't go through if I put the right one either because I get an error saying some games will release after that date...

Dude PLEASE. Don't even say that, looking at the $69.99 price tag hurts my eyes already. I hope by the time some game release it gets back to $59.99.

That's still possible right? Please tell me it is lol
Don't count on it. I assume we're seeing these prices for at least another year, if not longer (or higher)

suikodan

I got an error on BestBuy's site when I tried ordering with my CC that expires early 2015. I ordered via Paypal (using the same card) and it went thru.

N° 2048

I got an error on BestBuy's site when I tried ordering with my CC that expires early 2015. I ordered via Paypal (using the same card) and it went thru.

Same issue...tried to use a card that expired late 2015...had to use one that expires in 2017 lol

Takuan

Trying to make my final order on BB, where the flip is Guilty Gear Xrd? Also, Persona Q LE isn't part of the E3 promo (understandable, but sucks all the same).

Faenix1

Wish amazon.ca had Metro:Redux - or maybe I should take this as a sign I don't need it?

Went a little nuts lazy year and preordered like 15 things. This year I only got those I deemed "must haves". I still got Dying Light and Witcher 3 preordered from last year.. (almost tempted to get that cancelled and reorder)

Amazon.ca:
Dragon Age: Inquistion Deluxe
Far Cry 4 LE
Batman: Arkham Knight
The Order: 1886
Uncharted 4

May have to do a BestBuy order of:
Metro: Redux
Rise of the Tomb Raider
[some random game that interests me]

shopping.jpg

Well, I’m done. I think I’ve definitely ticked everything off my list for the next couple of years. I placed a couple of double orders on X and Halo 5 Guardians as I’m not sure if they’ll be updated from when they were using placeholder titles. Seriously though, I can't understand how anyone would buy games any other way these days. No risk and you get the best price possible at launch.

The Last Of Us Remastered (PlayStation 4)
X (Nintendo Wii U)
Batman: Arkham Knight (PlayStation 4)
Far Cry 4 (PlayStation 4)
Evolve (PlayStation 4)
Assassin's Creed Unity (PlayStation 4)
Alien Isolation (PlayStation 4)
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (PlayStation 4)
Dying Light (PlayStation 4)
Battlefield: Hardline (PlayStation 4)
The Evil Within (PlayStation 4)
The Crew Limited Edition (PlayStation 4)
Below (Xbox One)
Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain (PlayStation 4)
Crackdown (Xbox One)
Scalebound (Xbox One)
Metro: Redux (PlayStation 4)
Mass Effect 4 (PlayStation 4)
Uncharted 4: A Thief's End (PlayStation 4)
Forza Horizon 2 (Xbox One)
Shape Up (Xbox One)
Grand Theft Auto V (PlayStation 4)
Rise Of The Tomb Raider (PlayStation 4)
Halo Master Chief Collection (Xbox One)
Mad Max (PlayStation 4)
Dragon Age Inquisition (PlayStation 4)
Splatoon (Nintendo Wii U)
Xenoblade Chronicles X (Nintendo Wii U)
Zelda (Nintendo Wii U)
Mario Maker (Nintendo Wii U)
Devil's Third (Nintendo Wii U)
Halo 5: Guardians
BloodBorne (PlayStation 4)
EA Sports PGA Tour (PlayStation 4)
Rainbow Six: Seige (PlayStation 4)
Homefront: The Revolution (PlayStation 4)

Also, still have these coming from last year’s E3 via futureshop – had to contact a rep earlier this week to update my credit card expiry date on all of them. It’s more than worth it to keep the 40 dollar price tag:

Halo (Xbox One) - not sure what they'll send for this one - either Guardians or the Master Chief collection
D4 (Xbox One)
Sunset Overdrive (Xbox One)
Bayonetta 2 (Nintendo Wii U)
Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem (Nintendo Wii U)
Quantum Break (Xbox One)
Tom Clancys The Division (PlayStation 4)
The Order 1886 (PlayStation 4)
Starwars Battlefront (PlayStation 4)
Driveclub (PlayStation 4)
Final Fantasy XV (PlayStation 4)

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member

It worked, thanks!

I just need to remember to update my credit card infos everywhere when I'll get a new one: Futureshop, Best Buy, Paypal...!

ahdurian

Just finished all my preorders

The Last Of Us Remastered (PlayStation 4) $48.99
Uncharted 4: A Thief's End (PlayStation 4) $48.99
Far Cry 4 (PlayStation 4) $48.99
LIttleBigPlanet 3 (PlayStation 4) $48.99
BloodBorne (PlayStation 4) $48.99
Pokemon Omega Ruby (Nintendo 3DS) $31.49
Final Fantasy XV (PlayStation 4) $48.99
Kingdom Hearts 3 (PlayStation 4) $48.99
Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem (Nintendo Wii U) $45.49
Super Smash Bros (Nintendo Wii U) $45.49
The Last Guardian (PlayStation 3) $41.99
Super Smash Bros (Nintendo 3DS) $31.49
Persona 5 (Playstation 3) $34.99
Zelda (Nintendo Wii U) $45.49
Star Fox (Nintendo Wii U) $45.49
Kirby and the Rainbow Curse (Nintendo Wii U) $45.49
Final Fantasy Type-0 (Playstation 4) $48.99
Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth (Nintendo 3DS) $34.99
Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright (Nintendo 3DS) $34.99

Total before taxes, but after discounts: $829.31

gosh danggit I hate myself

btkadams

I feel like I am one of the the only ones that preorders anything I have a remote interest in, knowing I can just cancel or return anything that ships that I don't want. My list of preorders is insane right now

Faenix1

I feel like I am one of the the only ones that preorders anything I have a remote interest in, knowing I can just cancel or return anything that ships that I don't want. My list of preorders is insane right now

Did that last year. Ended up keeping it all.

Wasn't good for the wallet. x.x

jet1911

Far Cry 4 (PlayStation 4)
Assassin's Creed Unity (PlayStation 4)
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (PlayStation 4) - French
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (PlayStation 4)
Halo 5: Guardians
Grand Theft Auto V (PlayStation 4)
Quantum Break (Xbox One)
Halo Master Chief Collection (Xbox One)
Sunset Overdrive (Xbox One)
Hyrule Warriors (Nintendo Wii U)
Forza Horizon 2 (Xbox One)
Bayonetta 2 (Nintendo Wii U)

I did not order games that I think will be released after next year E3.

ElNino

Halo (Xbox One) - not sure what they'll send for this one - either Guardians or the Master Chief collection
My Halo (Xbox One) order from FS last year links to Guardians, so I think that is what you will get. I had to add a new order for the Master Chief collection.

xCobalt

How is Best Buy's shipping times compared to Futureshop? When I preorder games from FS, I usually get it on release date or the day after.

My Halo (Xbox One) order from FS last year links to Guardians, so I think that is what you will get. I had to add a new order for the Master Chief collection.

Ahh - well I guess I'll be returning the BB Guardians then - thanks. Not going to mess around with cancelling and reordering a big order.

Best Buy is updating again!

They have Freedom Wars now, however it's for 39.99. But with their E3 deal it is like $2-3 cheaper than Amazon's after taxes (BB at $28). Wolf Among Us and Walking Dead S2 are up there as well.

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product...spx?path=bca337a292977239c4a68e8e5edb3bf8en02

BB is also adding Fantasy Life, Professor Layton vs Ace Attorney (!!!) and Story of Seasons. FL is $39.99 but the rest are $44.99.

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product...spx?path=3b94818055fbd1e714bd7463c00e0529en02

Top Bottom