• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

flkraven

Can anyone link the new Zelda game on Amazon.ca?

This "metagame" is more frustrating than real games. Why hasn't someone made a game about this, trying to get the best prices from different outlets with prices and discounts that change every hour?

Red Flag Football?

i-Jest

Holy shit, they upped it $20. Glad I grabbed it for $34.99

Also followed suit. I knew a price increase would come. $49.99 for a PS3 game post price hike? Must be an error. Locked in @ $34.99. Feel so nice right now.

Still waiting on Persona 4 Arena Ultimax Guilty Gear Xrd from BB. Common guys!

Takuan

Also followed suit. I knew a price increase would come. $49.99 for a PS3 game post price hike? Must be an error. Locked in @ $34.99. Feel so nice right now.

Still waiting on Persona 4 Arena Ultimax Guilty Gear Xrd from BB. Common guys!

If those are 69.99 as well they can go ahead and EAD

Jinto

I made a mistake on one of my orders from BB last night. Not even gonna bother cancelling, since I got Persona 5 for $34.99.

yep also ordered the first CE from NIS' store. No customs. Just the 9 dollar international shipping at checkout. Took 2 weeks to get here like everything else I've ordered from them.

Shit, 2 weeks is a long time. DR2 is one of the few games I need day one. I might hafta buy a third copy. :/

Joeku

I suppose using Paypal and Futureshop is a way around the visa debit thing. When you pre-order with paypal does it still wait to release to charge? My little bit of googling didn't turn anything up. Thanks for the answer, anyone who knows.

mdubs

Banned
Not even pissed at the Persona 5 price hike, $69.99 is cool for next year's game of the year.

Pretty much ordered everything I want, just waiting for Best Buy to get P4AU up there along with DanganRonpa.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Ugh, UPS screwed up and I may not get my xbone today.

"Incorrect address" my ass, the stupid driver read it wrong.

Kyolux

I suppose using Paypal and Futureshop is a way around the visa debit thing. When you pre-order with paypal does it still wait to release to charge? My little bit of googling didn't turn anything up. Thanks for the answer, anyone who knows.

It doesn't charge you. At least that's how it works with Paypal with BB. I emailed them yesterday and tried it today.

MarkusRJR

Ugh I boxed up my PS3 (since I have my Xbone and Wii U, so no inputs left), but I love Persona games. Not sure if I should wait for the inevitable Vita version or pre-order Persona 5.

Also, this E3 sale is going to kill my wallet. So many games I want. I mean technically it's only 0-2 games a month but it's still expensive.

ohlawd

Tree House is going to kill my wallet. Thank god for the E3 sales.

Amen for E3 sales.

Not sure whether to praise or curse Treehouse for selling me on everything they've shown thus far.

Ugh I boxed up my PS3 (since I have my Xbone and Wii U, so no inputs left), but I love Persona games. Not sure if I should wait for the inevitable Vita version or pre-order Persona 5.

Also, this E3 sale is going to kill my wallet. So many games I want. I mean technically it's only 0-2 games a month but it's still expensive.
you missed out on $35 P5 :(

btkadams

I asked when the best buy deal ends.

"11:59pm PT on the 12th. We'll be adding some new titles with confirmed NA release dates. Pls check BestBuy.ca for updates. Thx!"

FluxWaveZ

I asked when the best buy deal ends.

"11:59pm PT on the 12th. We'll be adding some new titles with confirmed NA release dates. Pls check BestBuy.ca for updates. Thx!"

Just got a similar response to my request for Persona 4 Arena Ultimax, Persona 4 Dancing, Guilty Gear Xrd and Danganronpa 2:

@FluxWaveZ We'll be adding some new titles with confirmed NA release dates to our site today & tonight. Pls check BestBuy.ca for updates!

"Confirmed NA release dates", huh.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I don't think I'm pre-ordering anything because I don't know what I'll actually own a few months from now or even in 2015 =[

I think this is the first E3 sale I've skipped out on in years.

bryt

I think I went too crazy this year... spent $1140 so far and there are still games I'm waiting to show up on the sites. Compared to last year where I spent only ~$250.

MarkusRJR

God damn. $550 even after picking out a bunch of games I might not like or games that might get a quick post-launch price drop.

Thank god it doesn't all charge at once.

Sealtest

So.. what happens if i place a pre-order on splatoon and others that look like eshop titles and futureshop cancels the order?

zroid

Banned
So.. what happens if i place a pre-order on splatoon and others that look like eshop titles and futureshop cancels the order?

one of three things:

1) they won't do anything and the order will stay in limbo forever

2) they will just cancel it

3) they will cancel it and give you a coupon

it's a lottery really :p

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
In the past they've given a coupon that you can use on anything online. My PS4 Batman Arkham Origins cancellation netted me a $5 off coupon to use online. IIRC there wasn't anything I wanted so I picked something for in-store pickup and then picked up a PSN card and said I didn't want the game I ordered and applied the $5 coupon to the PSN card. I did that with either the Batman coupon or another one.

Sealtest

one of three things:

1) they won't do anything and the order will stay in limbo forever

2) they will just cancel it

3) they will cancel it and give you a coupon

it's a lottery really :p

Better question, Do you get a coupon for each game cancelled or the entire order?

Top Bottom