• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

So.. what happens if i place a pre-order on splatoon and others that look like eshop titles and futureshop cancels the order?

Splatoon is not an eShop game. Just because they have shown just 1 mode and 1 map, that doesn't make it an eShop game. If it does well, it could be like Mario Kart and Smash where it is 1 entry per console.

Hey has anyone ordered from the Namco Bandai store online?

I made an order near the end of May, Dark Souls T-shirts were on sale for 5 bux! I ordered a shirt and then some other stuff to go along with it (a pac man plushie and mousepad). Order went through, I was billed and the payment went through on my credit card.

Trouble starts soon after, the store goes offline for several days to be rebooted June 2nd.
June 3rd a new store is up, no longer selling T-shirts or Pac Man plushies, only games.

The confirmation email i got included an order number, and a "click here" to track your order... but if I click on it I get a "The page you have requested is missing." page on the new website.

Tried contacting support but never heard back. The support page is on a different NB website and is rather opaque.

Anyone else deal with NB's store before? http://www.bandainamcogamesstore.com/store/namcous/DisplayHelpPage

zroid

Banned
IMO Splatoon will be a $40 retail title

unless they add a single player campaign and such, which is certainly possible

Mayyhem

How is everyones experience with BestBuy delivering?

I've only ever tried Futureshop. They are alright, sometimes comes on launch day, other times its late a day or more. I actually had one order from last years e3 get "lost" lol which sucked. Tends to come with Canada Post

I don't know if this is news, but I was in EBgames today and was told that the individual sku for the glacier white PS4 controller, would be available the same day as the console (9/9/14).

firehawk12

Subete no aware

I made an order near the end of May, Dark Souls T-shirts were on sale for 5 bux! I ordered a shirt and then some other stuff to go along with it (a pac man plushie and mousepad). Order went through, I was billed and the payment went through on my credit card.

Trouble starts soon after, the store goes offline for several days to be rebooted June 2nd.
June 3rd a new store is up, no longer selling T-shirts or Pac Man plushies, only games.

The confirmation email i got included an order number, and a "click here" to track your order... but if I click on it I get a "The page you have requested is missing." page on the new website.

Tried contacting support but never heard back. The support page is on a different NB website and is rather opaque.

Anyone else deal with NB's store before? http://www.bandainamcogamesstore.com...isplayHelpPage

I get the impression that Digital River handles everything after the fact anyway. They don't have a phone number though?

frequency

How is everyones experience with BestBuy delivering?

I've only ever tried Futureshop. They are alright, sometimes comes on launch day, other times its late a day or more. I actually had one order from last years e3 get "lost" lol which sucked. Tends to come with Canada Post

My experience with Best Buy is exactly the same as my experience with Future Shop. I think they ship from literally the same warehouses.

Mayyhem

Thanks for the quick replies.

As a somewhat related side, wasnt Best Buy planning on shutting down all stores in Canada or something like that? Would this effect this deal in any way?

I get the impression that Digital River handles everything after the fact anyway. They don't have a phone number though?

The store i ordered on was definitely Digital River, that's where my payment went. The new site doesn't have DR branding anywhere and seems to be through Amazon Prime. Good idea to call DR all the same, I will take a look!

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Just got a similar response to my request for Persona 4 Arena Ultimax, Persona 4 Dancing, Guilty Gear Xrd and Danganronpa 2:

"Confirmed NA release dates", huh.

I'm in the same boat as you. What is this shit?

At this point, pre-ordering should really be Amazon vs. Best Buy.

-Want CE/LE's? Amazon.
-Want easy returns? Best Buy.
-Want faster shipping? Best Buy.
-Otherwise, go with the retailer with the game you want and/or the cheaper price.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.

As a somewhat related side, wasnt Best Buy planning on shutting down all stores in Canada or something like that? Would this effect this deal in any way?

What? where did you hear that. Btw BestBuy owns Futureshop.

Given the amount of pre-orders that I have I hope not but I could maybe see Futureshop picking up their pre-orders and folding it into theirs. Since they are, in effect, the same company.

Mayyhem

What? where did you hear that. Btw BestBuy owns Futureshop.

I've just heard random friends/acquaintances talking about how Best Buy is planning on closing all stores and operating only online as well as select mobile stores.

edit: which would suck, cause I like being able to receive the shipped copy and then return it to my local best buy/FS if I feel like I don't want it anymore

I've just heard random friends/acquaintances talking about how Best Buy is planning on closing all stores and operating only online as well as select mobile stores.

Well, in that case, they would just send them anyhow I imagine. I can't see how it would effect anything.

Returners

At this point, pre-ordering should really be Amazon vs. Best Buy.

-Want CE/LE's? Amazon.
-Want easy returns? Best Buy.
-Want faster shipping? Best Buy.
-Otherwise, go with the retailer with the game you want and/or the cheaper price.

Even then, some LE's don't qualify. Looking at you Far Cry 4.

What happens if I cancel my third pre-order from Best Buy months down, or even after I receive the first game ?

Does the 30% still stand ?

You mean the last game in a 3 game order?

It should, they already charged you for each game individually. But you have to call them.

bryt

Question about ordering through Paypal from Bestbuy. My Paypal has no money in it. It has just my credit card linked to it, which I'm using as the funding source. What happens when my credit card expires at the end of the year? Will I be able to just change my credit card on Paypal and they will automatically use my new credit card for the preorders?

kitzkozan

Since Best Buy will be adding titles tonight, I'll wait to complete my order since Kingdom Heart 2.5 HD ReMIX should be one of them (confirmed NA release date). Hopefully the price is correct, which would be $44.99.

Anyone else deal with NB's store before? http://www.bandainamcogamesstore.com/store/namcous/DisplayHelpPage

Bandai Namco just switched over to using Amazon from Digital River (thank god). You might want to try NB's Twitter/Facebook, I'd be surprised if your order was the only one in limbo. I'd say your order's probably safe, but you know, Digital River.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
He's saying that if 2/3 have shipped and they've charged you for them, what are they going to do if you cancel the last game?
Nothing. Once the order is placed the prices are locked in. That means you can make a 3 game order and cancel/return the first 2 and the last game will still have the discount.

Stage On

Well at least they got some things right

Future Shop Gamer ‏@FS_Gamer 1h
Did you pre-order X before it was re-announced at #E32014 as Xenoblade Chronicles X? Don't worry. We'll update your pre-order for you!

chrono01

Did you pre-order X before it was re-announced at #E32014 as Xenoblade Chronicles X? Don't worry. We'll update your pre-order for you!
Nice!

I assume they'll do the same thing for Yoshi's Wooly World?

Sealtest

Damn i already re-made my order. Well i guess canceling a 2 day order won't do me any harm come release.

Mayyhem

Nothing. Once the order is placed the prices are locked in. That means you can make a 3 game order and cancel/return the first 2 and the last game will still have the discount.

But you can't cancel the first 2 individually right? You'd have to cancel that whole batch of 3 if you wanted to cancel the first game for example...right? Or is there another way of cancelling

baconcow

I saved my sale spreadsheet for anyone wanting last-minute price comparisons. The prices were accurate as of maybe 30 minutes ago (I made a note for Persona 5, that has gone up in price since I bought it). I noted any significant price differences with orange. Most of the Amazon.ca prices are about 21 cents lower then Best Buy. Of course, with Best Buy, you can easily return the games that you don't want, to a store (if near one). These prices are post 18% (Amazon.ca) or 30% (Best Buy), but pre-tax.

T2NDxnh.png

Achtius

Damn. I preorder Freedom Wars (39.99) preorder with Persona 5 (49.99) at futureshop, but it's cheaper to get Freedom Wars (29.99) from Amazon. I don't want to cancel my futureshop preorder.

Anyone know if I can just refund the futureshop copy without affecting the rest of the order?

baconcow

Damn. I preorder Freedom Wars (39.99) preorder with Persona 5 (49.99) and another game at futureshop, but it's cheaper to get Freedom Wars (29.99) at Amazon. I don't want to cancel my futureshop preorder.

Anyone know if I can just refund the futureshop copy without affecting the rest of the order?

Read the post above yours. Freedom Wars is $20.90 at Amazon.ca, and Best Buy and FutureShop allow you to return any game to store. Also, if you have multiple games in an order, and you have already received the ones you want, you can cancel the rest of the order via customer service (phone). Don't cancel your FS order if you want to keep Persona at that price. I am in exactly the same situation as you. I have Freedom Wars ($40 - 30%) at BB and I plan on returning it when I receive it since I don't want to lose Persona 5 for $35.

What other games are considerably cheaper on Amazon right now? Trying to get 3 games, already got Xillia 2, Last of Us and DanganRonpa 2.

See my list. Disgaea 4 is $27.87 post-discount. Best thing you can do is just remake that order and add Freedom Wars to it (making your order Xillia 2, Last of Us, DanganRonpa 2, and Freedom Wars). Then, once you make the new order, cancel the old one.

Achtius

Read the post above yours. Freedom Wars is $20.90 at Amazon.ca, and Best Buy and FutureShop allow you to return any game to store. Also, if you have multiple games in an order, and you have already received the ones you want, you can cancel the rest of the order via customer service (phone). Don't cancel your FS order if you want to keep Persona at that price. I am in exactly the same situation as you. I have Freedom Wars ($40 - 30%) at BB and I plan on returning it when I receive it since I don't want to lose Persona 5 for $35.

thanks, my bad for not reading :S

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
But you can't cancel the first 2 individually right? You'd have to cancel that whole batch of 3 if you wanted to cancel the first game for example...right? Or is there another way of cancelling
That's why I wrote cancel/return.

Top Bottom