• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

Yasumi

Banned
Damn. I preorder Freedom Wars (39.99) preorder with Persona 5 (49.99) at futureshop, but it's cheaper to get Freedom Wars (29.99) from Amazon. I don't want to cancel my futureshop preorder.

Anyone know if I can just refund the futureshop copy without affecting the rest of the order?

Same situation as you. Personally, it's only a few bucks difference, and I'd need to order two more games to get a solid discount. I'm just going to stick with what I have.

baconcow

Doesn't work for me, still 25,48 in the order summary page.

For reference, this is my invoice from about 30 minutes ago.

Disgaea 4: A Promise Revisited - PlayStation Vita
CDN$ 33.99

Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair - PlayStation Vita
CDN$ 33.99

Freedom Wars - PlayStation Vita
CDN$ 25.49

Yoshi's Woolly World - Wii U
CDN$ 50.99

Item(s) Subtotal: CDN$ 97.97
*Promotion Applied: -CDN$ 17.63

$17.63 is 18% of $97.97. Did you add 3+ games to your order. Also, the 18% off comes when in the checkout stage.

Vamphuntr

It won't apply directly to the price. You will only see a "Promotion applied". Which means you got an 18% off on it.

I see, Thanks. Still Freedom Wars is pretty much the same as BB once you take into account you need to pay for shipping for it since it doesn't qualify for free shipping.

Any chance they add Persona Q to the promo.

baconcow

I see, Thanks. Still Freedom Wars is pretty much the same as BB once you take into account you need to pay for shipping for it since it doesn't qualify for free shipping.

Any chance they add Persona Q to the promo.

If you want the 18% off, you need to add 3+ games, which means you will not be paying for shipping. By itself, you will not get 18% off. Therefore, if you want the 18% discount in the first place, you will end up getting free shipping and the $20.90 price, which beats BB by a longshot.

I see people having the discount reflected in their Amazon order details for each game, I have each game showing the normal price then promotion is deducted off the total!
Not sure how this works, this is how it looks for me!

F11NABS.jpg

mVpFR8h.jpg

This is all so confusing, so even though Last of Us is 59.99$ at Amazon, with the other rebate you get after it still end up costing more than Best Buy who have it at 69.99$?

DVCY201

Well at least they got some things right

Future Shop Gamer ‏@FS_Gamer 1h
Did you pre-order X before it was re-announced at #E32014 as Xenoblade Chronicles X? Don't worry. We'll update your pre-order for you!

Oh, well I already remade my orders anyways...so, yea...

Vamphuntr

Game says: Price: CDN$ 25.49 & FREE Shipping. Free shipping is on 25$ and more.

With the deals it ends up being 20 something and I'm charged 5.99$ shipping and handling when I choose to ship my items separately. And yes I added 3 games for the promo.

Also added Layton vs Wright and Dangan Ronpa 2.

With the deals it ends up being 20 something and I'm charged 5.99$ shipping and handling when I choose to ship my items separately. And yes I added 3 games for the promo.

It selects Standard-Shipping by default, you can change it to free, no? The game is still 25.99 on my order, the discount is applied to the whole order so I never see thew real price I pay for each game. Am I missing something?

baconcow

This is all so confusing, so even though Last of Us is 59.99$ at Amazon, with the other rebate you get after it still end up costing more than Best Buy who have it at 69.99$?

Amazon takes 18% off in the form of a promotion, in the checkout stage. It is not shown next to the game. Best Buy takes 30% off in-cart. Because Amazon.ca games are generally reduced 15% already, they are taking 18% of the already-reduced price to get ~30% (30.3%, actually, for games already reduced by 15%). People were upset when they were originally reducing games by only 15% in the checkout stage, as this would only be a total discount of 27.75% (not 30%, as advertised). They have reworded things now, to cover themselves, and changed the 15% to 18% to better compete with BB.

jzbluz

Just say that you want everything ship together; they will ship stuff as it becomes available.

khaaan

I want to put down a pre-order for Captain Toad and Splatoon but I hope/they probably wont be $65. I'll probably put them in a separate order that I don't care about loosing in case.

Vamphuntr

It selects Standard-Shipping by default, you can change it to free, no? The game is still 25.99 on my order, the discount is applied to the whole order so I never see thew real price I pay for each game. Am I missing something?

Just say that you want everything ship together; they will ship stuff as it becomes available.

I'll try to check these two options. Good lord this is messy haha.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Argh, I really want discounted Danganronpa 2 on Amazon, but I'm missing 1 game in my order and "forcing" myself to buy another game would be pretty dumb...! Are there "fake" games I could use to pad my order?

For example, on BestBuy's website, you can add Trine 2 WiiU to your order if you want 2 games but still want the full discount...!

Anth0ny

Is Mario Maker, Splatoon, Star Fox and Captain Toad all really $65 games?

Leaning towards yes for Star Fox and Splatoon, and no for Captain Toad and Mario Maker... they make this really difficult lol

J-Man

Mass Effect 4 is disappearing every time I try and add it to a Futureshop order, which is very annoying.

Doesn't seem to be working on Best Buys website either.

baconcow

Argh, I really want discounted Danganronpa 2 on Amazon, but I'm missing 1 game in my order and "forcing" myself to buy another game would be pretty dumb...! Are there "fake" games I could use to pad my order?

For example, on BestBuy's website, you can add Trine 2 WiiU to your order if you want 2 games but still want the full discount...!

Put one that will ship much later (i.e. Uncharted 4) and then cancel the order after DaganRonpa ships. I'm pretty sure you can cancel unfullfilled portions of an order.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Put one that will ship much later (i.e. Uncharted 4) and then cancel the order after DaganRonpa ships. I'm pretty sure you can cancel unfullfilled portions of an order.

I could do that, but I also have Yoshi in that order, and let's say Uncharted 4 (or any other "late" game I'd use) ends up releasing before Yoshi, I'd have to either return that game or cancel the order and lose the discount on Yoshi also.

Those preorder deals are great, but waaaay too complicated...!

Sealtest

I want to put down a pre-order for Captain Toad and Splatoon but I hope/they probably wont be $65. I'll probably put them in a separate order that I don't care about loosing in case.
Both of these are $50.00 before the 18% discount on amazon.

Faenix1

Wish Dragon Age Inquisition Deluxe wasnt $89.99 at amazon.ca.

Do we know if there is anything really worth the extra $10 in the Deluxe edition?

Lexxism

Am I correct that there is STILL no zelda Wii U at amazon.ca?

What are they waiting for!

also, X is still not 30% off on Amazon... http://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00KWL2D8Y/ any indication if this will change?

also, isn't that a picture of Zelda?

I'm also waiting for X to be part of the promo. It might happen since games like Mario Party 10, Splatoon, Yoshi Yarn are now eligible for the 18% off. Hopefully tomorrow (last day) they will add X and Zelda.

Vibranium

Banned
I think I'm grabbing the Wii U guys, I feel kind of bad rolling with a PS4, Wii U and PC, but whatever.

Gonna preorder Smash Wii U, Zelda, Bayonetta and perhaps Captain Toad (if at $40).

Sora_N

Come on Best Buy, no MH4...wtf.

The Bulletstorm I ordered was shipped yesterday however from BB and I got it today, don't even have time to play but for $3.33 I can afford to let it sit around fo rnow.

Ha, so Ultimax is eligible for the Amazon promotion but not for Best Buy, and Persona Q is eligible at Best Buy but not at Amazon. This is hilarious. I'm waiting for either one to add the missing game, who wants my money first?

... So I came back and I ordered Persona 5 from BB when it was still $49.99 and the discount was at $34.99. They increased the price and they increased the price of my order as well. Seriously?

FluxWaveZ

... So I came back and I ordered Persona 5 from BB when it was still $49.99 and the discount was at $34.99. They increased the price and they increased the price of my order as well. Seriously?

Really? No change from Future Shop for me. Wasn't really expecting them to change it for those who pre-ordered it when the price was at $49.99.

ohlawd

MH4 is on the Treehouse stream. Retailers, what choo doing?

mine still says 35 from FS.

Really? No change from Future Shop for me. Wasn't really expecting them to change it for those who pre-ordered it when the price was at $49.99.

Yeah I ordered at at 1PM EST and it was still $49.99, and the discount was at $34.99. Now the game is $69.99 and the discount price is $48.99. Do they not have price guarantees at Best Buy or did they specifically choose to spite me?

suikodan

Yeah I ordered at at 1PM EST and it was still $49.99, and the discount was at $34.99. Now the game is $69.99 and the discount price is $48.99. Do they not have price guarantees at Best Buy or did they specifically choose to spite me?

No price change for me either on my BB pre-order.

If your confirmation email says this
Persona 5 (PlayStation 3) 1 34,99 $

and the price changed suddenly, you should indeed call and complain.

Those JERKS. Now I have a $29.99 pre-order of Freedom Wars at Amazon.ca that I'm thinking of cancelling and re-placing with two other games, but goddamn I can barely even think of two other games to get now that wouldn't be automatic wastes of time (like, am I really going to play Disgaea 4 when I already own it unopened for PS3 AND haven't even finished Disgaea 3 on either PS3 OR Vita?).

Also, it occurs to me: a bunch of games have changed price on Amazon.ca since I ordered them. They all have the pre-order price guarantee. So shouldn't I see the new prices reflected on my orders? Because if so: hello DanganRonpa 2 for $33.99 + 30% and Freedom Wars for $25.49.

Top Bottom