• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

zroid

Banned
I don't pre-order multiple things from Amazon usually, do you guys know for sure they will split up the shipments into individual games even with free shipping? It's worded kind of ambiguously.

I don't pre-order multiple things from Amazon usually, do you guys know for sure they will split up the shipments into individual games even with Free Shipping? It's worded kind of ambiguously.
yeah when one is ready to ship it will ship unless you specified otherwise

Oh double goddammit.

X1NahZ3.png

Plus 18% off all that. Freedom Wars for $20. Atelier Rorona Plus for $38. And finally they dropped Dragon Age Inquisition to a reasonable price. Fuck.

krae_man

... So I came back and I ordered Persona 5 from BB when it was still $49.99 and the discount was at $34.99. They increased the price and they increased the price of my order as well. Seriously?

Was their a long period of time between when you added it to your cart and when you completed the order? It probably changed before you finalized your order and you didn't notice before you clicked pay.

UberTag

So did Amazon screw up pricing on a bunch of new games? I'm guessing that's why this thread is all abuzz again, right?
Why are they so incompetent when adding new listings/promos?

No price change for me either on my BB pre-order.

If your confirmation email says this
Persona 5 (PlayStation 3) 1 34,99 $

and the price changed suddenly, you should indeed call and complain.

So I called them. And apparently it's a mistake with the discount. She said that even though it says 48.99 (with tax 55), she said that whenever the game releases that the other $21 will be subtracted whenever the game releases, bringing it back down to $34.99.

So basically, their discount thing decided to bug out on me, but I'm still getting the game for $34.99, since that's what it says on their end.

So did Amazon screw up pricing on a bunch of new games? I'm guessing that's why this thread is all abuzz again, right?
Why are they so incompetent when adding new listings/promos?

Not even, a lot of the games were already posted but for some reason their prices have changed. It's like yesterday's Uncharted 4/LBP3/Bloodborne @ $50.99 flash price change.

I actually wonder if Amazon has some war chest of funds they use to create marketing promotions that happen to look like price errors, just for all the buzz it creates. But then I'm like, nah, there's no way they could predict the outcome of that. Or could they...

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
Mass Effect 4 is disappearing every time I try and add it to a Futureshop order, which is very annoying.

Doesn't seem to be working on Best Buys website either.

That game is atleast 2 years away from now. Why even bother with that now?

Leeness

Just an FYI for West Coast people, seems like the Rogers network is down.

So...if anyone is West Coast + Rogers and wondering why calls aren't working... That's why.

day 3 waiting for a response on my amazon order. since placed, both vita games i ordered at $40've been reduced to $33 (which is, indeed, 15% off), while the ps3 game that was $60 is now $59.50 (1% off?). all 3 of these were/are listed as eligible for a 30% total discount. me, i got a flat 15%...

c'mon, amazon. smh...

baconcow

Those JERKS. Now I have a $29.99 pre-order of Freedom Wars at Amazon.ca that I'm thinking of cancelling and re-placing with two other games, but goddamn I can barely even think of two other games to get now that wouldn't be automatic wastes of time (like, am I really going to play Disgaea 4 when I already own it unopened for PS3 AND haven't even finished Disgaea 3 on either PS3 OR Vita?).

Also, it occurs to me: a bunch of games have changed price on Amazon.ca since I ordered them. They all have the pre-order price guarantee. So shouldn't I see the new prices reflected on my orders? Because if so: hello DanganRonpa 2 for $33.99 + 30% and Freedom Wars for $25.49.

The Amazon.ca price order gyarentee takes into defect when the game goes through the charging stage (they charge you when it goes to ship). you're better off remaking the order for a lower amount before the cheaper prices disappear. Leave your original order as a backup until you have the second order created, so that you don't get screwed over with prices magically going up.

If it helps, Disgaea 4 on Vita has the PS3 DLC. Another idea for another PS Vita game is Walking Dead Season 2 which is about $20.

I sent a tweet to best buy, they told me that more games are being added tonight.

Ah damn. Tomorrow then. I think I finalized most of my pre-orders but I'm still waiting for Guilty Gear, Final Fantasy Type-0, Tales of Hearts R and the new Project STEAM or whatever (fuck it it's basically Valkyria Chronicles for the 3DS)

Ventara

Danganronpa 2 for $28 on Amazon is tempting, but I can't think of any other 2 must have games I don't already have a preorder for. Maybe Disgaea 4 and Freedom Wars.

Xenoflare

Anyone know if you can preorder games in store for the 3DS in Best Buy? 'cause most of the time I only see the pre-order ads for home console games.

Don't want to pay $10 extra for the CE for Persona Q, I really don't know what EB games is thinking by charging more for the same game.

zroid

Banned
If they add Codename STEAM and MH4 tonight I'll be a happy boy

Anyone know if you can preorder games in store for the 3DS in Best Buy? 'cause most of the time I only see the pre-order ads for home console games.

Usually only for really major stuff like Pokémon

FluxWaveZ

Is it possible to, say, buy a game new from a local FS to get it day 1, and a few days later return a new Amazon ordered copy of that game to that same FS using the same FS receipt all in order to play the game day 1? Is that an awful thing to do?

I can't wait when Amazon ship those games. It's going to be fun here.

I know. Especially how late they ship, people are going to be screaming in here. I imagine not a lot of people orderer from Amazon before.

What a freakin chaos in here!!!
It's like everybody is screaming and nobody can hear anyone else!

It absolutely is. However, the best way is Amazon reflecting the final discounted prices at thr confirm.page rather than grouping all discounts together.

So That way, everyone gets to know what they are being charged and can find a different place or switch here if they aren't satisfied.

ohlawd

If they add Codename STEAM and MH4 tonight I'll be a happy boy

yaaaaas. SLAY.

Is it possible to, say, buy a game new from a local FS to get it day 1, and a few days later return a new Amazon ordered copy of that game to that same FS using the same FS receipt all in order to play the game day 1? Is that an awful thing to do?
we do this like every time

where you been?

Daigr

Crap ended up with 12 pre-ordered games. Said I wouldn't order so much this year but still did.

Bloodbourne, Uncharted 4, Bayonetta 2, Yoshi, Freedom Wars and Witcher 3 from Amazon

Xenoblade X, Zelda, Fantasy Life, FF Curtain Call, Last of us, Persona 5 from Futureshop.

A little confusing trying to match orders up to see where's the better deal; especially with prices changing all the time. Managed to get uncharted and bloodbourne for 50.99 but unsure if that even mattered since you got less off.

Definitly missed the early amazon price errors. Also missed out on Persona 5 initial price.

But nice to see the deals again at E3. So we can all avoid the 70 dollar price tag.

Skipped FF type 0 can't see it being 69.99 at release. Also ME4 , smtXfe as these titles are way off.

J-Man

That game is atleast 2 years away from now. Why even bother with that now?

What he said:

They might increase the prices on games by $5-$10 by this time next's year :(

Or Futureshop may stop doing this deal next year. Probably not but you never know. I still have 6 games from last year I'll get for $40 instead of $50, which is awesome.

I figure since I'm not charged until the game ships, it can't hurt to pre-order anything I have an interest in playing. If there is a better deal next year, well, I can still cancel this order.

I'll just have to remember to update my credit card before stuff is set to be charged and ship.

ohlawd

Heh, I suppose I'm relatively new to it. Thanks.
I feel bad making up the reason for returning

"school gives me busy"
"someone sent me the game as a gift and I'm returning the copy I bought before"
"impulse buy, what was I thinking?"
"lol you think I filled up your coffers? I'M TAKING IT BACK"

I don't even know what's going on anymore.

For amazon, do I get additional 15% off when I order 3 games together? (assuming I will need to chat with rep to adjust the price manually?) Currently each game already has 15% off for their listed price.

zroid

Banned
I feel bad making up the reason for returning

"school gives me busy"
"someone sent me the game as a gift and I'm returning the copy I bought before"
"impulse buy, what was I thinking?"
"lol you think I filled up your coffers? I'M TAKING IT BACK"

Lol, you know, the one time I had a semi-legit reason and actually said it, the conversation ended up being a whole lot more awkward than when I give my stock response of "just changed my mind"

Faenix1

For amazon, do I get additional 15% off when I order 3 games together? (assuming I will need to chat with rep to adjust the price manually?) Currently each game already has 15% off for their listed price.

Seems you get a discount at checkout. I saved an additional $20-ish at checkout.

Too bad it wasnt like BB and told you the price of each game up front, hate having to do math when you just want to figure out which is cheaper.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!

Additional 18% off the already discounted 15% games when you order 3 or more. It's equivalent to 30.3% off the full price for the games that qualify for both promos.

I am going with Best Buy because it is only ~$2.50 more per game than Amazon. But I know I will get the games around release date. I just hope they add the announced games soon. There are still like 4 3DS games they need to add.

It absolutely is. However, the best way is Amazon reflecting the final discounted prices at thr confirm.page rather than grouping all discounts together.

So That way, everyone gets to know what they are being charged and can find a different place or switch here if they aren't satisfied.

I know but my order doesn't show individual prices after the discount that's why I'm making another order at BB so that if it doesn't turn out well with Amazon I'll probably cancel it altogether!

The white DS4 is up for preorder at BB, someone was asking about it earlier!

Top Bottom