• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

khaaan

Best Buy:

Pokemon Omega Ruby
The Order 1886
Super Smash Bros 3DS
Fantasy Life
Devils Third
Uncharted 4

Amazon:

Tales of Xillia 2
Bayonetta 2
Super Smash Bros Wii U

I might cancel and re-order for Best Buy to include Captain Toad, Type-0, Splatoon as well as STEAM if it makes it in.

WEGGLES

I want to pre-order from FS, but I'm moving before games come out and last time I changed my address it didn't work out and they sent stuff to the wrong place.

Oh well.. not a big deal, I can only think of 2 things to pre-order anyhow.

Mayyhem

wait wait wait, you can't change your credit card once you place these orders?

cause I placed a bunch of orders with FS last year and I just took that credit card off my FS account and added a new one. Did I fuck up?

ohlawd

Lol, you know, the one time I had a semi-legit reason and actually said it, the conversation ended up being a whole lot more awkward than when I give my stock response of "just changed my mind"
I've been lucky and never get the same rep in succession. Makes it easier for me to rotate my reasons.

Toad.T

Banned
Did Bayo2, AlphaRuby and that Toad game first off at Best Buy. Gonna see if I can hit up multiple FS/BB's to add on to the preorder madness.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Just a reminder.

txG41yq.png

Probably the same for BB. I have no idea about Amazon. DO NOT wait until the end to place orders.

lupin23rd

wait wait wait, you can't change your credit card once you place these orders?

cause I placed a bunch of orders with FS last year and I just took that credit card off my FS account and added a new one. Did I fuck up?

You can probably give customer service a call and let them know, I don't remember what I had to change but I think I had to change the address for an order because I was in Japan for six months when Bioshock Infinite came out and wasn't able to do that online.

I'm annoyed my card expires Nov 2015 and I can't preorder some stuff like Uncharted or Zelda that's "slated" for 12/31/2015, but I doubt that those will be out before this promotion rolls around next E3 so it's probably alright...

-GW-

Neo Member
If a game is pricedropped before release, will we still get the equivalent discount on it? Like if Captain Toad turns out to be a <$65 game.

Fuzzy

I'm waiting on them to get their shit together :(
Place an order for what you want right now. If/when they add more games then make another order. How will you feel when their websites crash tomorrow and you haven't made your order?

krae_man

If a game is pricedropped before release, will we still get the equivalent discount on it? Like if Captain Toad turns out to be a <$65 game.

Two years ago I preordered Sly 4 with a $60 list price and got it for $45. When it MSRP was changed to $40 before launch I emailed and they adjusted the price to $25 for me.

Last year I preordered Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze for $40 with a $60 MSRP. Then when MSRP dropped to $50 I emailed them and they said "You're still getting it for less then MSRP, we're not lowering it".

Others have had the same and different results. Could go either way.

HoJu

can someone tell me why people are ordering from futureshop, best buy, and amazon?
doesn't amazon have the best deal? what am i missing here?

ohlawd

Place an order for what you want right now. If/when they add more games then make another order. How will you feel when their websites crash tomorrow and you haven't made your order?
call me when they add Code Name STEAM and MH4.

I have everything else preordered.

The credit card I am using is expiring next month, so I changed the expiry date. I changed the year to 2016, so every game is able to be ordered. I have to call to change to the new expiry before any new games come out, right?

krae_man

Amazon used to have cheaper prices for some stuff. Now not so much
Amazon's deals are valid for collectors editions, Bestbuy/FS are not

Bestbuy currently has the best deals

Futureshop seems top be only used by people who prefer it for personal reasons.

HoJu

but games like Last of Us and Assassins Unity are 60 at amazon and 70 at best buy, and both sales are for 30% off...

Faenix1

can someone tell me why people are ordering from futureshop, best buy, and amazon?

FutureShop has screwed up too many of my orders from last E3 so I don't want to deal with them right now,
BestBuy has Metro: Redux,
amazon.ca has Dragon Age Inquisition Deluxe cheaper.

Pretty much why I preordered/ didnt preorder at places. Though I shortened my list to ones that are before next years E3 which oddly settled upon six.

Fuzzy

but games like Last of Us and Assassins Unity are 60 at amazon and 70 at best buy, and both sales are for 30% off...
No they're not. They're both $69.99 regular price at Amazon.ca, they're just showing the first 15% off already. When you order 3 or more games they'll take an additional 18% off bringing the price down to $48.78 before tax. Those same games at BB are $48.99 each when you order 3 or more. Amazon only saves you $0.21 per $70 game before tax.

Max total savings:
Amazon: 30.3% off
BB: 30% off

zroid

Banned
There are a handful of games which are legit cheaper at Amazon, like Freedom Wars, Yoshi's Woolly World, Captain Toad, and Splatoon. Exception rather than the rule, though.

Sealtest

There are a handful of games which are legit cheaper at Amazon, like Freedom Wars, Yoshi's Woolly World, Captain Toad, and Splatoon. Exception rather than the rule, though.

And if your lucky you can still get the extra discount like we could few days ago, Pre-ordered splatoon/yoshi and wii u sports club and after talking about how i couldn't change my shipping i got free priority shipping on all 3 and an extra discount.

i-Jest

At this point, pre-ordering should really be Amazon vs. Best Buy.

-Want CE/LE's? Amazon.
-Want easy returns? Best Buy.
-Want faster shipping? Best Buy.
-Otherwise, go with the retailer with the game you want and/or the cheaper price.

In addition, Amazon has raised the price on some titles while not having certain ones already available by the other 2. Thay also have certain ones cheaper than the other 2. They have Persona 4 Arena Ultimax, so I preordered from them......unless BB gets its shit together.

Cudder

Okay, my final order from Best Buy is:

Persona 5
Driveclub
The Evil Within
Alien Isolation
Call of Duty Advanced Warfare
MGSV

I had a gift card for 54$ so that definitely helps.

N° 2048

Just noticed how cheap I got Evolve and Destiny for. [PS4]

Item(s) Subtotal: CDN$ 49.96
Shipping & Handling: CDN$ 0.00
Promotion applied: -CDN$ 7.49
-----
Total before tax: CDN$ 42.47
Estimated GST/HST: CDN$ 5.52
Estimated PST/RST/QST: CDN$ 0.00
-----
Grand Total: CDN$ 47.99

$47.99 each. Sweet. Was it supposed to be that cheap?

Did anyone else get on Amazon's E3 Deals like, as soon as they went up and they screwed up and we went through the "Fucking Amazon changing everything" cycle? Is that deal, like, the very first one when Amazon went up, still the best one so far? Cause I'm looking at some of the titles I pre-ordered, and it looks like they reduced the base price for some of them.

Just noticed how cheap I got Evolve and Destiny for. [PS4]

Item(s) Subtotal: CDN$ 49.96
Shipping & Handling: CDN$ 0.00
Promotion applied: -CDN$ 7.49
-----
Total before tax: CDN$ 42.47
Estimated GST/HST: CDN$ 5.52
Estimated PST/RST/QST: CDN$ 0.00
-----
Grand Total: CDN$ 47.99

$47.99 each. Sweet. Was it supposed to be that cheap?

Nope but like few others here, you got lucky.

Pavillion

I have 13 games I would like to pre order from bestbuy.. what do you guys recommend, just putting it all in one order or separate orders?

Cudder

I have 13 games I would like to pre order from bestbuy.. what do you guys recommend, just putting it all in one order or separate orders?

One order. What's the point of multiple orders? You can take back every single game you don't actually want to a store.

Lizardus

No they're not. They're both $69.99 regular price at Amazon.ca, they're just showing the first 15% off already. When you order 3 or more games they'll take an additional 18% off bringing the price down to $48.78 before tax. Those same games at BB are $48.99 each when you order 3 or more. Amazon only saves you $0.21 per $70 game before tax.

Max total savings:
Amazon: 30.3% off
BB: 30% off

Also, doesn't Amazon charge extra to have your games ship as they are released?

bryt

I put mine all in the same order so when I have to change my expired credit card I just have to call them about one order instead of 5. And if you don't like a game you preordered you can just go return it once it gets to you.

One order. What's the point of multiple orders? You can take back every single game you don't actually want to a store.

Um... Send a quick e-mail to cancel an order or ride/take the bus to the store, talk to the rep, return the item, ride/bus back home. Difficult choice! ;)

However, I started to do a new thing that make me want to no longer cancel orders. Let's say I get a game I no longer want, I put it up on Kijiji for a week and return it if no sale. Sold Watch Dog PS4 for 60$ when I paid 45$ for it. That works well!

baconcow

One order. What's the point of. multiple orders? You can take back every single game you don't actually want to a store.

Once a single game ships, you. Have to call or email to cancel the remaining portion of an order. Multiple orders gives some more flexibility to cancelling, I find. Also, some might be paranoid of an order screwed up and cancellation, which would kill an entire order. One way or another you will be left in a similar situation if wanting to return an unwanted game. You'll get many more emails for multiple orders, though. You can cancel an order if you don't want the third game, if it ships last, saving you from having to drive and return the game manually.

got my xbox one 280$ one today!

Quite happy about 2 days delivery

Nice!

Mine is arriving tomorrow. I still can't get over how good that deal was.

Now I need to find some cheaper xbox one games. Too bad BB/FS are out of Ryse in the 3 for $100 otherwise I'd probably bite.

Did you two pay extra for shipping? Mine's still stuck at Preparing for Shipment. I'm convinced now that Amazon.ca is holding orders back on purpose to convince people to pay for Prime.

Top Bottom