• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

can someone tell me why people are ordering from futureshop, best buy, and amazon?
doesn't amazon have the best deal? what am i missing here?
I've said it before but I personally stick with futureshop because they always deliver games on day one for me.

-Deimos

Just a reminder.

txG41yq.png

Probably the same for BB. I have no idea about Amazon. DO NOT wait until the end to place orders.

Dammit, I'm still waiting for them to add half the games on my list to the site.

Did you two pay extra for shipping? Mine's still stuck at Preparing for Shipment. I'm convinced now that Amazon.ca is holding orders back on purpose to convince people to pay for Prime.

I am out of town so I picked the slowest shipping speed, even though I have prime. Wanted to be there for delivery. Yours should ship out tomorrow. Mine only shipped late today and is still only 24 hours to delivery.

Apathy

these types of deals where we are all coming on here and posting our wins and deals and rooting for each other really brings the Canadian GAF community together

Hyunkel6

I might finally jump on the E3 deals tomorrow. Probably answered a million times, but the best deals in terms of prices are at which retailers?

zroid

Banned
these types of deals where we are all coming on here and posting our wins and deals and rooting for each other really brings the Canadian GAF community together

almost as much as shipping-GAF!

I might finally jump on the E3 deals tomorrow. Probably answered a million times, but the best deals in terms of prices are at which retailers?

Best Buy and Amazon are about equivalent. FS is slightly more expensive.

Keep in mind a few games are priced differently at BB vs. Amazon so they might be explicitly better to order from one or the other.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Depends on the starting price of the games and whether or not the game is eligible for both of Amazon's promos (15% off then another 18% off for 3 or more).

CE/LE: Amazon.ca because they're not eligible at BB
Same starting price: Amazon because the total is 30.3% off compared to BB's 30% off

Shipping will probably take longer from Amazon unless you have Prime.

RE_Player

My haul this year.

Best Buy:
Diablo III (PlayStation 4)
The Evil Within (PlayStation 4)
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (PlayStation 4)
Far Cry 4 (PlayStation 4)
LIttleBigPlanet 3 (PlayStation 4)
Grand Theft Auto V (PlayStation 4)
The Last Of Us Remastered (PlayStation 4)
The Order 1886 (PlayStation 4)
Pokemon Alpha Sapphire (Nintendo 3DS)
Super Smash Bros (Nintendo 3DS)
Metro: Redux (PlayStation 4)
Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call (Nintendo 3DS)
Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare (PlayStation 4)
Dragon Age Inquisition (PlayStation 4)
Alien Isolation (PlayStation 4)
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (PlayStation 4)
Borderlands The Pre-Sequel (PlayStation 3)
Ultra Street Fighter 4 (PlayStation 3)

Amazon:
Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair (Vita)
The Wolf Among Us (Vita)
Freedom Wars (Vita)

Vamphuntr

Hopefully Bestbuy updates soon. Gotta be ready for those pricing errors.

Yeah, waiting for this too.

I hope they put up Dangan Ronpa 2 or that Amazon puts Persona Q in the promo because there's only 4 games I want and one is missing form each retailer.

Hyunkel6

almost as much as shipping-GAF!

Best Buy and Amazon are about equivalent. FS is slightly more expensive.

Keep in mind a few games are priced differently at BB vs. Amazon so they might be explicitly better to order from one or the other.

From what I can see, amazon is only the best for LE/CEs.

Else it's pretty even.

Depends on the starting price of the games and whether or not the game is eligible for both of Amazon's promos (15% off then another 18% off for 3 or more).

CE/LE: Amazon.ca because they're not eligible at BB
Same starting price: Amazon because the total is 30.3% off compared to BB's 30% off

Shipping will probably take longer from Amazon unless you have Prime.
Thank you all. I'll check out BB and Amazon then.

Pavillion

I put mine all in the same order so when I have to change my expired credit card I just have to call them about one order instead of 5. And if you don't like a game you preordered you can just go return it once it gets to you.

Thanks, thats a good idea. If it turns out I don't really want the game i'll just return it.

Canon

Banned
Since my credit card is expiring before most of these games, I had to put everything on PayPal. I don't have the balance but it still let me pre-order, and I have a credit card on file.

Can I change the method of payment later, and will PayPal not charge me until things ship?

This will probably be the final haul unless some other games suddenly show up on either BB or Amazon (hi Codename STEAM and Persona 4: Dancing All Night!):

Amazon
Destiny (PS4) $34.97
Tales of Xillia 2 (PS3) $41.64
The Order: 1886 (PS4) $41.64
Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth (PC) $29.74
DanganRonpa 2: Goodbye Despair (Vita) $27.99
Persona 4 Arena Ultimax (PS3) $42.00
Theatrhythm: Curtain Call (3DS) $31.83
Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney (3DS) $31.49
Uncharted 4: A Thief's End (PS4) $50.99 (still need to cancel this)
Freedom Wars (Vita) $29.99 (this too)
Uncharted 4: A Thief's End (PS4) $41.81
LittleBigPlanet 3 (PS4) $41.81
Halo Master Chief Collection (XB1) $48.78 (and the winner of worst discount of the sale goes to...)
Freedom Wars (Vita) $20.90
Atelier Rorona Plus: The Alchemist of Arland (PS3) $38.33
Dragon Age: Inquisition (PC) $48.78

Best Buy
Persona Q (3DS) $34.99
Persona 5 (PS3) $34.99
Fantasy Life (3DS) $27.99

All told, that's just over $700, which ends up being 35.5% off inflated MSRP (or 28% off MSRP before CAD inflation, which makes me cry a little inside).

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
Seems Splatoon, Captain Toad and Yoshi are up on Amazon.ca. 5$ cheaper than Best Buy for those interested.

Ordered 20 games from Best Buy.

about $1000... hold me

I'm at 25 games for $1078, counting stuff from last year and the year before that as well. Luckily stuff is spread out over the next 18 months if not longer, so it's not like you're spending it all at once.

Might make one last order tomorrow. If Kingdom Hearts 2.5 shows up I definitely will, otherwise it's maybe. 25 games is a hell of a lot to get through, but there are a couple things I'm still interested in playing. We'll see I guess.

Just ordered all this from BB...
The Order 1886
Assassin's Creed Unity
Hyrule Warriors
Alien Isolation
The Evil Within
Super Smash Bros
Watch Dogs Day 1 Edition(I think I'm the only one who bought this LOL)
Bayonetta 2

So many games I did not preorder that I still want to get, but so much money already spent. ;-;

Since my credit card is expiring before most of these games, I had to put everything on PayPal. I don't have the balance but it still let me pre-order, and I have a credit card on file.

Can I change the method of payment later, and will PayPal not charge me until things ship?

None of the major retailers charge you unless about to be shipped. I've changed my credit cards and shipping addresses on all three sites last year. So, yes.

This will probably be the final haul unless some other games suddenly show up on either BB or Amazon (hi Codename STEAM and Persona 4: Dancing All Night!):

Amazon
Destiny (PS4) $34.97
Tales of Xillia 2 (PS3) $41.64
The Order: 1886 (PS4) $41.64
Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth (PC) $29.74
DanganRonpa 2: Goodbye Despair (Vita) $27.99
Persona 4 Arena Ultimax (PS3) $42.00
Theatrhythm: Curtain Call (3DS) $31.83
Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney (3DS) $31.49
Uncharted 4: A Thief's End (PS4) $50.99 (still need to cancel this)
Freedom Wars (Vita) $29.99 (this too)
Uncharted 4: A Thief's End (PS4) $41.81
LittleBigPlanet 3 (PS4) $41.81
Halo Master Chief Collection (XB1) $48.78 (and the winner of worst discount of the sale goes to...)
Freedom Wars (Vita) $20.90
Atelier Rorona Plus: The Alchemist of Arland (PS3) $38.33
Dragon Age: Inquisition (PC) $48.78

Best Buy
Persona Q (3DS) $34.99
Persona 5 (PS3) $34.99
Fantasy Life (3DS) $27.99

All told, that's just over $700, which ends up being 35.5% off inflated MSRP (or 20% off MSRP before CAD inflation, which makes me cry a little inside).

Why are you canceling Uncharted at $51?

zroid

Banned
I'd order the bolded on Amazon, cheaper by 3.75$ each.

Hmm are you sure? Unless my math is wrong, those three should come out to $45.30 at Amazon ($45.50 at BB).

I managed to get Smash and Bayo2 back when Amazon's deal was glitched though. which made them significantly cheaper

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
Destiny
Forza Horizon
Halo Collection
Sunset Overdrive
Quantum Break
Uncharted 4

I am done for a while now.

If he can get a group of 3 in the amazon deal he can get it at 48?

Even better--$41! That's also why I'm cancelling the lone Freedom Wars order in favour of the one I put in with three games. I just don't bother cancelling anything until all the sales are over, just in case.

nordique

Yeah, that's exactly how it works. It's right before you make the thing official. Kinda backwards.

Oh that's interesting lol

thanks. I was wondering how everyone is getting these prices on amazon...I was just a little hesitant to submit the order.

A few games don't seem to have a 30% discount applied such as GTA5 and Xenoblade X. Any one else find this to be the case? (For Amazon?)

No big deal as I can just preorder via best buy instead

Dorygrant

What to do What to do...

Should I preorder or wait for the chance of possible sales at stores and mom and pop places down the line.

I pretty much just want 3ds and Wii U games. Maybe Persona 5...

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
Hmm are you sure? Unless my math is wrong, those three should come out to $45.30 at Amazon ($45.50 at BB).

I managed to get Smash and Bayo2 back when Amazon's deal was glitched though. which made them significantly cheaper

You're right, I think I might be wrong.

Same. I got Hyrule Warriors, Super Smash and Bayonetta 2 for 111.03$. How cool is that? 37.01$ each!

Is it just me or is Smash Wii U unavailable now. D:
I cancelled my previous order to add more games and when I tried to add Smash it was greyed out.

N° 2048

I think I'm done unless someone wants to suggest more.

Multi platform games I'm grabbing on PS4. Smash Bros and Mario Kart 8 I can go to my brother's place and play. Also on the fence about Drive Club so will probably settle for the PS+ version.

Bayonetta 2
Hyrule Warriors
Arkham Knight
Forza Horizon 2
Witcher 3
Alien
Rise of the Tomb Raider
GTA V
Bloodborn
Destiny
Last of Us
Far Cry 4
EA UFC
AC: Unity
Evolve
Sunset Overdrive
Evil Within
The Order
Halo MC Collection
Halo 5

ive got 13 games pre-ordered at amazon. other then the odd wii u game that i will grab over the next 2 - 3 years, im all set :)

witcher 3
shadow of mordor
evolve
drive club
alien isolation
batman arkham night
the order
uncharted 4
bloodborne
the evil within
TLOU remastered
mgs5
destiny

all for ps4

So this in the eastern time zone would be what, 2:00 am? I really don't know. Gotta look this up.

Should be 3 in the morning on Friday. But don't wait that long man, place the order of what you want first and if you want to make any changes, place another order and then cancel the previous order.

Oh that's interesting lol

thanks. I was wondering how everyone is getting these prices on amazon...I was just a little hesitant to submit the order.

A few games don't seem to have a 30% discount applied such as GTA5 and Xenoblade X. Any one else find this to be the case? (For Amazon?)

No big deal as I can just preorder via best buy instead

As I just said, deal that with the customer service, really don't know when the Amazon discount ends, so place the order. In the end, you will end up getting 30% off on the retail price which is $69.99 for most games anyway.

What to do What to do...

Should I preorder or wait for the chance of possible sales at stores and mom and pop places down the line.

I pretty much just want 3ds and Wii U games. Maybe Persona 5...

Just pre-order. You can always cancel a specific game or return it if not opened, in case you find it cheaper elsewhere but I doubt you'd get discounts better than these, if you want them in the release week.

It bothers me how insanely scattered and disjointed my orders are right now

Amazon:

Order 1 (From the morning of June 9th when Amazon slipepd up):

Disgea 4R
Metal Gear Solid 5 Phantom Pain
Smash Bros 3DS
Smash Bros Wii U
The Order 1866
Bayonetta 2
Persona 4 Arena Ultimax
Neptunia Rebirth
Drive Club

Order 2 (when the games were at 50.99 on June 10th):

LittleBigPlanet 3
BloodBorne
Uncharted 4

Order 3:

Mortal Kombat X
Fantasy Life
Freedom Wars

Seperate Orders:

Akiba's Trip 2
Persona Q Limited Edition

Best Buy:

Final Fantasy XV
Kingdom Hearts 3
Theatrhythm Final Fantasy Curtain Call
Devil's Third
SMT x Fire Emblem
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Star Fox U
Zelda U
Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright
Hyrule Warriors
Persona 5 (34.99)

God damn I'm not even done yet. Still waiting for Persona Dancing All Night, Guilty Gear Xrd and Harvest Moon Story of Seasons (on Amazon)

EDIT: With the first Amazon Order I think they gave me an even bigger discount because the total discount should be 140... But it's 150. I... Okay sure. 32% discount is fine with me

ohlawd

Everything I've preordered so far, couple of these are outside E3 deals

Sunset Overdrive (Xbox One)
Crackdown (Xbox One)
Phantom Dust (Xbox One)
Scalebound (Xbox One)
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (Xbox One)
Halo Master Chief Collection (Xbox One)
Batman: Arkham Knight (Xbox One)
Star Wars Battlefront (Xbox One)
Mirror's Edge 2 (Xbox One)
D4 (Xbox One)
Far Cry 4 (Xbox One)
Quantum Break (Xbox One)
Halo 5: Guardians

Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem (Nintendo Wii U)
Splatoon (Nintendo Wii U)
Kirby & The Rainbow Curse (Nintendo Wii U)
Captain Toad Treasure Tracker (Nintendo Wii U)
Zelda (Nintendo Wii U)
Yoshi's Woolly World - Nintendo Wii U
Super Smash Bros (Nintendo Wii U)
Bayonetta 2 (Nintendo Wii U)
Xenoblade Chronicles X (Nintendo Wii U)
Wii U X (Nintendo Wii U) - I'll cancel this one whenever I feel like it
Hyrule Warriors (Nintendo Wii U)
Watch Dogs Day 1 Edition (Nintendo Wii U) - meitantei, not the only one lol

Tales Of Xillia 2 (PlayStation 3)
Persona 5 (PlayStation 3)
Atelier Rorona Plus: The Alchemist of Arland (PlayStation 3)

Persona Q Shadow Of The Labyrinth Premium Edition (Nintendo 3DS)
Fantasy Life (Nintendo 3DS)
Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright (Nintendo 3DS)
Story Of Seasons (Nintendo 3DS)
Pokemon Omega Ruby (Nintendo 3DS)
Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call (Nintendo 3DS)
Super Smash Bros (Nintendo 3DS)
Senran Kagura 2 -Shinku- Nyuu Nyuu DX Pack (Nintendo 3DS)

Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair Limited Edition (PlayStation Vita)

----

Almost $2000 after taxes.

I still have to preorder Devil's Third but that'll have to wait until Monster Hunter 4, Code Name: STEAM, Tales of Zestiria... etc go up. Also need someone to put up Shinovi Versus limited edition without shipping fees;_;

will buy Persona Q (dat double dip) and Pokemon Alpha Sapphire day one on the eShop. Same goes with some indies coming out later in the year. Most of these games are lol2015 anyway soooooooo it doesn't feel like I'm spending a lot.

Swhalen

How does it work with FS if you order three games with with different release dates? Do they all shio separately on release?

Top Bottom