• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

Uh, it looks like I'm only getting 18% off on some of my Amazon orders even though there are 3 games in the order or something and all the games are eligible. I guess I need to ask customer service tomorrow.

nordique

As I just said, deal that with the customer service, really don't know when the Amazon discount ends, so place the order. In the end, you will end up getting 30% off on the retail price which is $69.99 for most games anyway.

yeah good call, cheers man thanks

zroid

Banned
Uh, it looks like I'm only getting 18% off on some of my Amazon orders even though there are 3 games in the order or something and all the games are eligible. I guess I need to ask customer service tomorrow.

I might be misunderstanding you, but I believe the eligible games are discounted by 15% already, so they take the additional 18% and it becomes approx 30% off (85% x 82% = 70%)

I might be misunderstanding you, but I believe the eligible games are discounted by 15% already, so they take the additional 18% and it becomes approx 30% off (85% x 82% = 70%)

Well it looks the games are already 15% off regardless of pre-ordering 3 games. For example Mortal Kombat X is 59.49, Freedom Wars is 25.49, and Fantasy Life is 50.99. In the "Promotion Applied" section it seriously is just the 15% discounts for all those 3 combined. There wasn't any added discount from choosing 3 for some reason. It's like this for about 2 of my orders I ordered after June 10th. Like if I pre-ordered any of those games alone, like Freedom Wars for example, it'd still be 25.49. Unless I am just fucking losing it and I'm missing something here.

Is this what it's like to be one of those insane RFD people? Because it feels wrong for some reason

ohlawd

wat

Amazon still has Fantasy Life at that high of a price? When they put it up yesterday, they had it at 59.99. Now they add a discount but still keep it that high?

Are the people running the site high?

wat

Amazon still has Fantasy Life at that high of a price? When they put it up yesterday, they had it at 59.99. Now they add a discount but still keep it that high?

Are the people running the site high?

There's no way it'll stay that way. Right... Right? Fucking Best Buy have it for 39.99!

IndustryX

Made all my orders at best buy

NHL 15
Uncharted 4
Batman Arkham knight
Destiny
Far Cry 4
Assassins creed unity
Division
Rainbow Six siege
Order 1886
TLOU HD
GTA V HD
Witcher 3
Blood borne
LBP 3
Civ beyond earth
Sims 4

Damn im gonna be broke.. All on ps4 other then the Last two

XBP

So having missed the entire last gen and most of the games released during the last 7 years i'm thinking of getting myself a PS3. I know it'd be better to get a PS4 but there are no games on it currently that interest me so i'll just wait for those titles to release and then get one.

Anyway, where should i get a PS3 from? Amazon, futureshop, ebgames or bestbuy? I'm eying the 500GB TOLU bundle so price is the same on every retailer.

N° 2048

So having missed the entire last gen and most of the games released during the last 7 years i'm thinking of getting myself a PS3. I know it'd be better to get a PS4 but there are no games on it currently that interest me so i'll just wait for those titles to release.

Anyway, where should i get my PS3 from? Amazon, futureshop, ebgames or bestbuy? I'm eying the 500GB TOLU bundle so price is the same on every retailer.

This sort of happened to me. I missed a lot of games last gen but ended up grabbing a PS3 because of PS+ and that has helped me catch up on a few.

The way I see it is like this, I have this summer drought to catch up because there's a huge wave of next gen games coming in the Fall/Holiday. So I'm picking a few games from last gen to catch up on but making sure I don't miss this new generation of consoles. I'd get a PS4 as well eventually.

I got my PS3 refurbed from http://mtcclearance.com (Officially supported by Sony)

Akiba's Trip added on Best Buy, PS3 and Vita.

Danganronpa 2 as well.

Persona 4 U too.

Getting page not found at the moment though for Danganronpa and Akiba, should take a bit. This pretty much seals the deal for me this year.

Faenix1

Hmm.. just realized in my amazon order - which I only made to get Dragon Age Inquisition Deluxe cheaper - Order 1886 and Uncharted 4 are in "Shipment 1". If Uncharted releases in the usual Oct-Dec window, does that mean Order 1886 will get delayed 8 months?

Why do I continue to preorder stuff half asleep? I potentially didn't think this through. (Think I'm only saving like $15 on the Deluxe Edition and I'm not even sure it's worth it.)

N° 2048

Hmm.. just realized in my amazon order - which I only made to get Dragon Age Inquisition Deluxe cheaper - Order 1886 and Uncharted 4 are in "Shipment 1". If Uncharted releases in the usual Oct-Dec window, does that mean Order 1886 will get delayed 8 months?

Why do I continue to preorder stuff half asleep? I potentially didn't think this through. (Think I'm only saving like $15 on the Deluxe Edition and I'm not even sure it's worth it.)

edit: jzbluz's post

Ventara

Akiba's Trip added on Best Buy, PS3 and Vita.

Danganronpa 2 as well.

Persona 4 U too.

Getting page not found at the moment though for Danganronpa and Akiba, should take a bit. This pretty much seals the deal for me this year.

Nice, and D2 is only $40, too, so the price matches Amazon. Akiba's Trip is on the flip side, though. $50? What's up with that?

jzbluz

AFAIK if you grouped shipping they will ship when all games are released.

This is why I chose to pay a little extra for separate shipping (still saved tons due to E3 deals)

Nope, they ship as the games become available even if you select free shipping. If you go to the orders page you'll notice that they give you different delivery estimates.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Nice, and D2 is only $40, too, so the price matches Amazon. Akiba's Trip is on the flip side, though. $50? What's up with that?
At least it's covered by the sale, which it isn't on Amazon for some reason.

I had no idea it was dual platform though... guess I'll grab the PS3 version.

N° 2048

Nope, they ship as the games become available even if you select free shipping. If you go to the orders page you'll notice that they give you different delivery estimates.

If your order is $25 or more, you may qualify for FREE Super Saver Shipping. With free shipping, your order will be delivered 5-8 business days after all of your items are available to ship, including pre-order items

I'm confused. Anyone else chime in?

Ventara

I'm confused. Anyone else chime in?

I don't preorder from Amazon often anymore, but most people here seem to have their items ship as they become available even with free shipping. Amazon probably does this to save space. When one of your items becomes available, they put it in a box on a shelf until the rest of your order is ready, but that could be a while, so shipping it immediately is probably better for them. Or maybe it's because the game is above the $25 free shipping limit by itself. I don't really know, lol.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
I click on BB's page for P4AU and it takes me to a page not found bs. What the fuck?

EDIT: It got fixed. Btw, will Grim Fandango ever get added? Or is it digital only?

QaaQer

another glitch on bb's site:
Untitled-2_zpsbd8ed1ca.jpg

...just not sure if I want FC4.

edit: beat by gd.

baconcow

Not sure if mentioned, but BB has NHL 15 Ultimate Edition (PS4) for the same price ($69.99) as the regular edition. Has the 30% off, too.

QaaQer

So, with the Amazon deal, can you pre-order in groups larger than 3 at a time?

yup. And I believe you can cancel individual items without losing the discount afterwards. Or, to be more specific, I have canceled an item in a 3 product order and not lost the discount on the other two. ymmv.

Top Bottom