• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

Did 8 games this year, up from 6 last time.

I went with:

Atelier Rorona ~Plus~ The Alchemist of Arland
Freedom Wars
XBLAZE Code: Embryo
Disgaea 4: A Promise Revisited

Akiba's Trip: Undead & Undressed
Fantasy Life
Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright
Theatrhythm: Curtain Call

I could of gone with way more, but I didn't want to go overboard.

Sealtest

Really happy I didn't go 2 bed 20 minutes ago, Was able 2 snag one. Also futureshop is also having that same price error on them.

big_z

another glitch on bb's site:
Untitled-2_zpsbd8ed1ca.jpg

...just not sure if I want FC4.

edit: beat by gd.

I split my game orders into groups of 3-4 but for this pricing error I made a duplicate order with the kyrat edition. Usually bestbuy cancels orders with pricing errors so I want to make sure I have the original as a backup.

I split my game orders into groups of 3-4. I made a duplicate order with kyrat edition, usually bestbuy cancels orders with pricing errors so I want to make sure I have the original as a backup.

They cancel them eh? Hmm, wonder if they would compensate at all.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
This sort of happened to me. I missed a lot of games last gen but ended up grabbing a PS3 because of PS+ and that has helped me catch up on a few.

The way I see it is like this, I have this summer drought to catch up because there's a huge wave of next gen games coming in the Fall/Holiday. So I'm picking a few games from last gen to catch up on but making sure I don't miss this new generation of consoles. I'd get a PS4 as well eventually.

I got my PS3 refurbed from http://mtcclearance.com (Officially supported by Sony)

How is this the first I've ever heard of this website? Amazing!

-Deimos

Really happy I didn't go 2 bed 20 minutes ago, Was able 2 snag one. Also futureshop is also having that same price error on them.

Ha ha you and me both.

I split my game orders into groups of 3-4 but for this pricing error I made a duplicate order with the kyrat edition. Usually bestbuy cancels orders with pricing errors so I want to make sure I have the original as a backup.

I just cancelled a previous order and made a new order including FC4, crap.

big_z

taking a closer look at the kyrat edition does it include any bonus content over the preorder limited edition??? I cant tell. it seems like collectable garbage might be the only difference.

Sealtest

So I threw in a few fillers 2 bring down the price on that far cry, After( if ) it ships do i call and just cancel the order? or can I do that online.

QaaQer

So I threw in a few fillers 2 bring down the price on that far cry, After( if ) it ships do i call and just cancel the order? or can I do that online.

You may have to talk to customer service after one ships if it works like future shop. It wasn't a big deal when I did it.

big_z

3 extra missions and a weapon, it looks like.

on ubisofts site it says:

"The free Limited Edition upgrade includes Hurk's Redemption, a series of three-action packed single-player missions. You'll embark on an epic quest to find a rare artifact while using "The Impaler" harpoon gun. "

so it seems like the kyrat edition doesn't add any additional content.

Oh Shit. NHL 15 Ultimate Edition? Far Cry 4 Kryat Edition. Worried these will be cancelled on my.

I will order them in a special package on their own. If they get shipped I will just return the regular edition.

Did you two pay extra for shipping? Mine's still stuck at Preparing for Shipment. I'm convinced now that Amazon.ca is holding orders back on purpose to convince people to pay for Prime.

I paid 1.99 for standard shipping by accident...

I got it via UPS in QC.

I have a big wii backlog so my xbone will be used to play gold games and maybe Ryse if I can find it for 20$

NHL-FIFA-DESTINY need to arrived!!!

Vamphuntr

Yay BB added Dangan Ronpa 2. Managed to get Layton vs Wright and Persona Q in the order too.

Was so worth it for persona Q. It brings the game back down to 35$. No Atlus tax anymore.

Omlagus

Ok, I think I'm done. In for:

Destiny
GTA V
Battlefield Hardline
The Order 1886
The Last Guardian (PS3)
Counterspy (Vita)
AC Unity
LBP 3
Uncharted 4
Mortal Kombat X
Bloodborne
Rise of the Tomb Raider
The Division
MGS V: TPP
Arkham Knight
The Evil Within

Plus I still have Diablo 3 and Battlefront from last year. I'm sure there will be plenty of returns, but with $70 regular pricing I can't possibly pass up this opportunity.

Not sure if mentioned, but BB has NHL 15 Ultimate Edition (PS4) for the same price ($69.99) as the regular edition. Has the 30% off, too.

Oh Shit. NHL 15 Ultimate Edition? Far Cry 4 Kryat Edition. Worried these will be cancelled on my.

I will order them in a special package on their own. If they get shipped I will just return the regular edition.

NHL Ultimate Edition seems to be $69 at regular price on amazon.com.

I think I'm done.

Smash Wii U
NHL 15
Call of Duty
Dragon Age
Bayonetta 2
Theatrythm Curtain Call
Forza Horizon 2
Ass Creed Unity
WWE 2k15
Sunset Overdrive
GTAV
Far Cry 4
Persona 4 Arena Ultimax

Star Wars Battlefront
Persona 5
The Division
Uncharted 4
The Order: 1886
Mortal Kombat X
Batman: Arkham Knight
Mirror's Edge 2
Phantom Dust
Mass Effect 4
Scalebound
Quantum Break
Crackdown 3
Rainbow Six: Siege
Rise of the Tomb Raider
BloodBorne
Zelda Wii U
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Star Fox
Final Fantasy Type 0

Plus
FFXV and Phantom Pain from last year.

Halos I'm going to get digitally. Same with Smash 3DS.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Anyone who ordered through Amazon should double check to see if they wouldn't be getting a better price elsewhere. They've changed the promotion to current sale price and 15% off.

They must've really been caught with their pants down this year, because I've never seen them so disorganized.

Hyrule Warriors, Smash Bros and Bayonetta are 136.47 @ Bestbuy. 143.89 at Amazon.

Anyone who ordered through Amazon should double check to see if they wouldn't be getting a better price elsewhere. They've changed the promotion to current sale price and 15% off.

They must've really been caught with their pants down this year, because I've never seen them so disorganized.

It's their first year trying to do it while Futureshop and Best Buy have done it for a few years.

beta_fuse

After ordering close to 30 titles in total from BB/FF/Amazon, all I'm waiting for now is MH4 and S.T.E.A.M. to complete my E3 pre-order bonanza lol. Really hope they manage to squeeze these games in before the deadline tonight.

Top Bottom