• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

trixx

Just going to order 6 titles
Xenoblade
Captain Toad
Splatoon
Zelda
Alpha Sapphire
Kirby Rainbow curse
Bayonetta

Was going to pre-order some ps4/Xbone games but i can't choose which console i want(not getting both). E3 didn't really sell me on either of them.

Decided not to get smash bros 3ds as it's releasing in October, which is way later then i expected. Didn't want to play smash bros on the 3ds anyways.

suikodan

Nice!

Mine is arriving tomorrow. I still can't get over how good that deal was.

Now I need to find some cheaper xbox one games. Too bad BB/FS are out of Ryse in the 3 for $100 otherwise I'd probably bite.

If you're lucky, you can still find Ryse for 20$ at Target (and subtract 5$ if you can find a Target receipt)
Really worth it at that price...

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
When UPS can't leave a package at my house, they bring it to the local UPS Store, but when they fuck up they leave the package at their warehouse in another city, and can't send it to the UPS Store so I can pick it up.

Their warehouse is only open 5-7, I can't make it tomorrow night, and I'm not sure I can send anybody else, so now I have to wait until Monday at the earliest before I can get my Xbox One.

All their driver has to do is type my address into Google Maps and he'll find my house. Not to mention I've had numerous packages delivered just fine from UPS(although this happened once before with my Nexus 5).

/rant

Achtius

I think I am done this year, I preordered:

Freedom Wars (Vita) x 2
Danganronpa 2 (Vita)
Uncharted 4 (PS4)
Mass Effect 4 (PS4)
LIttleBigPlanet 3 (PS4)
Akiba's Trip (Vita)
Civilization: Beyond Earth (PC)
Persona 5 (PS3)

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
I've cancelled all of my Amazon pre-orders except for Freedom Wars. The Wii U games I wanted are cheaper elsewhere. Like I said before - make sure to compare your Amazon carts to BB/FS. If there's no discount on the title (like Smash Bros Wii U) you'll only be getting 18% off. It's the listed discount price + 18%, to a maximum of 30. I think. Maybe. It doesn't make much sense.

amazon no love for wii u/3ds preorders, oh well
There are more eligible than those listed on the landing page. They have Smash Bros Wii U listed somewhere on the Wii page, for example.

Banned
I was really hoping for a PS3 price drop as I regret trading mine in for a PS4 since most of the games I want for it are coming in 2015. The 12GB is still $200 I was hoping for $150 so I can play Ico, SOTC and all the JRPG's I missed out on.

MH4 damn it

all I'm waiting for now is MH4 and S.T.E.A.M. to complete my E3 pre-order bonanza lol. Really hope they manage to squeeze these games in before the deadline tonight.

Or MH4U, or Persona 4 Dancing All Night.

MH4U peeps, if you can chime in and tweet https://twitter.com/BBYCanada
perhaps we can get their attention and they may add it before the end of the E3 deal.
(Ditto, with Codename S.T.E.A.M. beta_fuse)

flkraven

Destiny
Dragon Age
Far Cry 4
The Division
Battlefront

That's about it for me this year. Funny, since I don't own an XB1 yet. I'm still holding out for a special edition or white version to come out before Destiny's release.

Endy MacK

I searched the thread but couldn't find this specifically. Does setting your province to AB still work when you are using a credit card (i.e. if the billing address of your credit card is Ontario)? -- Thanks!

espher

crap so what if your credit card expires next year.

Apparently it won't accept my card

At least for Future Shop...

Split your order into 'stuff arriving before the card expires' and 'stuff arriving after the card expires', if possible.
Put a future date for any order with the future stuff.
After you get your new card, call and get them to change it on the order(s).
Hope they don't screw it up three times like they did for me, delaying delivery. :|

kitzkozan

So far I have 2 orders with most of what I want to play day one:

Amazon.ca

• The Last of Us remastered
  • Destiny
  • Metal Gear Solid V: The phantom pain

Best Buy

• Bayonetta 2
  • Grand Theft Auto V
  • Metro: Redux

I'm thinking of making a final one if KH 2.5 HD does show up which I could combine with Smash Bros. and perhaps another game, but we shall see. Let's not forget that we will eventually see deals on all of these game down the line which will allow us to buy them for much cheaper than a 30% discount.

Tagg9

I'm thinking of making a final one if KH 2.5 HD does show up which I could combine with Smash Bros. and perhaps another game, but we shall see. Let's not forget that we will eventually see deals on all of these game down the line which will allow us to buy them for much cheaper than a 30% discount.

Yes, we will eventually see deals a few months after release. Although this isn't necessarily guaranteed with Nintendo's first party games.

Kyolux

Yup.. Still waiting on one of the 3 to add KH 2.5.

Otherwise I pre-ordered 10 games.

Zelda U
Mario Party 10
FF Type-0 HD
Star Fox
LBP3
Bloodborne
Hyrule Warriors
Uncharted 4
Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright Ace Attourney
Arkham Knight

Also from last year, I'm still waiting on:
Bayonetta 2
Super Smash Bros Wii U
Kingdom Hearts 3
MGSV Phantom Pain
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Yoshi Wooly World
FFXV

I'm thinking of adding Captain Toad and Splatoon, but I find those a bit expensive for what they are. Though I'll probably take those two with KH 2.5 if they finally add it.

FF Explorers seems to be missing too from BB/FS/Amazon.ca

deeTyrant

So am I correct in assuming that they charge you when the order ships? And you can cancel at any time?

About to preorder a bunch of games and just wanted confirmation on the above before I take the plunge.

Kyolux

Try to order using a paypal account. Some were able to bypass it

That's what I did, it worked. They won't charge you either if that's a worry.

So am I correct in assuming that they charge you when the order ships? And you can cancel at any time?

About to preorder a bunch of games and just wanted confirmation on the above before I take the plunge.

Yup, like you said.

At least for Future Shop...

Split your order into 'stuff arriving before the card expires' and 'stuff arriving after the card expires', if possible.
Put a future date for any order with the future stuff.
After you get your new card, call and get them to change it on the order(s).
Hope they don't screw it up three times like they did for me, delaying delivery. :|

With FS, what I usually do when there's delays with shipping or I just don't want to wait for the delivery (especially since up to recently, they weren't leaving it at my door and had to wait t'il next Monday on Nintendo releases), is go in store, buy a copy, make sure to keep the receipt, and once I receive the pre-ordered copy, I get that one reimbursed with the non-pre-ordered receipt.

Wouldn't work though if it's some limited edition or something and you can't find that in store.

crap so what if your credit card expires next year.

Apparently it won't accept my card

Use Paypal. It works that way.

Amazon.ca

• The Last of Us remastered
  • Destiny
  • Metal Gear Solid V: The phantom pain

Best Buy

• Bayonetta 2
  • Grand Theft Auto V
  • Metro: Redux

Just to let you know, unless you selected the priority shipping from Amazon, there is no way you'd get those pre-ordered games Day 1. That is how Amazon works.

Like the poster above me mentioned, you can always cancel or make changes to addresses or credit card. If it doesn't work online, give them a call and they will help you.

Amazon looks like it is going to extend the pre-order event to accommodate for the items they have yet to add like Zelda.... Transcript with amazon customer service rep:

Me:I would like to pre-order a couple of games as part of the up to 30% off E3 event ending today. Many new games have been added to the deal, but I would like to inquire if a couple that are missing. One of them is this game: http://www.amazon.ca/Xenoblade-Chronicl...(See full link)
and the other is Zelda for the Wii U which was also just announced. Can these be added to Amazon? Otherwise I will be pre-ordering them from best buy or future shop, which means I will be pre-ordering the other 4 games from FS/BB as well due to similar terms of their pre-order deal....

Hemalatha:Hello, my name is Hema. I'll be happy to help you.
Cole, thank you for your interest in this items.
Our promotion team is still working on adding more items and this will be updated in a few hours and I suggest you to check our website time to time and place the order.

Me:That's what I have been doing and I will continue to. Do you know when the latest I can order items as part of the event today so that I will know what Amazon has to best make my decision? I am in the Pacific time zone.

Hemalatha:Our team is planning to extend the promotion date, we're not sure of this, so they'll check into this and will get back to you with the details soon.

Kyolux

Was this actually at E3? I thought it was just the Famitsu reveal.

No you're right. I forgot where this came from. Just the timing messing with me.

I don't think we have any hints of localization for now.

Amazon looks like it is going to extend the pre-order event to accommodate for the items they have yet to add like Zelda.... Transcript with amazon customer service rep:

That's good news. :)

Kyolux

I haven't pre-ordered a single Vita game yet. I'm too lazy to check the list.

Any suggestions on what I should be ordering guys?

Danganroppa 2 I guess if you liked the first one?

I haven't bothered with anything on Vita, just nothing appealed to me. I really love my Vita, but PSN games and Ys were the only worthwhile thing for me so far. Oh and Zero escape...

zroid

Banned
Freedom Wars for Vita looks pretty cool and it's a great deal at Amazon.

Overall Vita's E3 presence is pretty darn disappointing this year, though. Sony really seems to have completely thrown in the towel.

ohlawd

nah there's TGS and Gamescom.

I'm kidding on TGS (NA retailers promoting a Japanese event? wowza) but didn't we have some deal in parallel with the latter? Worse discounts than E3 though.

Thanks for the heads up on the Far Cry 4 Kyrat Edition. Cancelled my previous order and re-ordered. Hopefully they honor it. If not, I imagine they'll just downgrade it to the regular version.

Danganroppa 2 I guess if you liked the first one?

I haven't bothered with anything on Vita, just nothing appealed to me. I really love my Vita, but PSN games and Ys were the only worthwhile thing for me so far. Oh and Zero escape...

Freedom Wars for Vita looks pretty cool and it's a great deal at Amazon.

Overall Vita's E3 presence is pretty darn disappointing this year, though. Sony really seems to have completely thrown in the towel.

Amazon also has this Natural Doctrine game that I know nothing about. lol

So
Danganroppa 2
Freedom Wars
Natural Doctrine

Just these three?

Mupod

Hm, the new preorder for Xenoblade has a different title than the X preorder I have from last year. Wonder if that'll matter.

Hm, the new preorder for Xenoblade has a different title than the X preorder I have from last year. Wonder if that'll matter.

Chances are it will switch over at some point, if not just email them in a couple weeks and they will fix it for you.

As for the Vita, Freedom Wars does look decent but I find it hard to care when Sony obviously doesn't. It's too bad, it's such an amazing piece of hardware but at this point pretty much everyone has given up on it.

khaaan

Heads up to those who pre-ordered Zelda U last year on Futureshop. I'm currently on the phone with Futureshop and they are reducing the price to promotion price from last year of $39.99. When they changed my order to Wind Waker HD last year I called in to explain that it was the wrong game and they cancelled it and made a note on the cancellation to say I would call back once the actual Zelda U was back in stock.

Lizardus

Getting this on Best Buy.

grdzhs.PNG

I have ordered:

Smash Bros. (Both versions)
Hyrule Warriors
Bayonetta 2
Xenoblade Chronicles
Zelda WiiU
Captain Toad
Splatoon
Yoshi's Woolly World
Prof Layton vs AA
Kirby WiiU
Fantasy Life
Star Fox

zroid

Banned
Heads up to those who pre-ordered Zelda U last year on Futureshop. I'm currently on the phone with Futureshop and they are reducing the price to promotion price from last year of $39.99. When they changed my order to Wind Waker HD last year I called in to explain that it was the wrong game and they cancelled it and made a note on the cancellation to say I would call back once the actual Zelda U was back in stock.
Lucky. I guess I should have called them last year.

I'll live with the extra 5 bucks I suppose. A new Zelda game for me is a bargain at any price!

Lexxism

Getting this on Best Buy.

grdzhs.PNG

I have ordered:

Smash Bros. (Both versions)
Hyrule Warriors
Bayonetta 2
Xenoblade Chronicles
Zelda WiiU
Captain Toad
Splatoon
Yoshi's Woolly World