• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

SaitoH

All done with my Futureshop order:

Persona 5 (PS3)
Batman Arkham Knight
Uncharted 4
Lords of the Fallen
Rise of the tomb raider
Mortal Kombat X
Dying light
Mirror's edge 2
Metal Gear Solid V
The Division
Final Fantasy XV
BloodBorne
Witcher 3
The order 1886
LittleBigPlanet 3
Far Cry 4
Assaassin's creed unity
The Evil Within
Alien isolation
Shadow of Mordor
Driveclub
Dragon age inquisition
The Crew
Destiny
Diablo 3

October is going to be ridiculous.

I figure the PC version would be 35 bucks though. I don't mind playing on PC if it saves me 13ish bucks. lol

Makes sense, savings are always good. If getting on the PC, there are always deals, so no rush I guess. The way fall is cramped, may be it is worth to wait while you play the rest and clear the backlog.

Is GTA V up on amazon yet? I can't seem to find it.

BS. 49.99?

Yeah it's 49.99, $5 more than Amazon but on BB it's part of the E3 deal. With the 3 game discount it comes to 34.99. Better than paying $50 on Amazon I guess. I added that, Fantasy Life (Why the FUCK is it 50.99 on Amazon? Are they high? Did something invade their brains?), and Harvest Moon Story of Seasons to my cart for the deal

Omzz

I ended up saving more when i ordered from best buy. Just cancelled everything from FS and whatever previous games i had ordered and did it over again

Just finished, having a Wii U and 3DS is more than enough for now. Can't spend money on a new console and another plethora of games

Ugh I boxed up my PS3 (since I have my Xbone and Wii U, so no inputs left), but I love Persona games. Not sure if I should wait for the inevitable Vita version or pre-order Persona 5.

Both! When I got SMT Persona 4 on PS2 I loved it. When I got Golden last year I loved it more! What can go wrong with both?

Oh I see. Many still seem to be 60$ instead of 70$, so I'll order those from there.

Best bet would be to check out at both BB and Amazon just to what the final prices are then place the order with the one that satisfies you the most.

btkadams

Barring any additions to Best Buy later today. Here's my preorder list at the moment. As I've said before, I order anything I have interest in and then cancel what I don't end up wanting as the release nears. I ended up doing that with a lot of games this past year from the previous e3 deals. I hate paying full price for games.

Assassin's Creed Unity
Batman: Arkham Knight
Battlefield Hardline
Bayonetta 2
Below
Bloodborne
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare
Captain Toad Treasure Tracker
Crackdown
D4
Destiny
Diablo
Dragon Age 3: Inquisition
Evolve
Fable Legends
Fantasia: Music Evolved
Fantasy Life
Far Cry 4
Final Fantasy XV
Forza Horizon 2
GTA V
Halo 5: Guardians
Halo: Master Chief Collection
Hyrule Warriors
Just Dance 2015 PS4
Just Dance 2015 XBO
Kingdom Hearts 3
Kirby & the Rainbow Curse
LittleBigPlanet 3
Mad Max
Mario Party 10
Mass Effect 4
Metal Gear Solid V
Metro: Redux
Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor
Mirror's Edge 2
NHL 15 Ultimate Edition
Persona 4 Arena Ultimax
Persona 5
Persona Q: Tales of the Labyrinth
Phantom Dust
PlayStation TV
Pokemon Alpha Sapphire
Pokemon Omega Ruby
Quantum Break
Rainbow Six: Siege
Rise of the Tomb Riader
Scalebound
Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem
Splatoon
Star Fox
Star Wars Battlefront
Sunset Overdrive
Super Smash Bros 3DS
Super Smash Bros Wii U
The Crew
The Division
The Last Guardian
The Last of Us Remastered
The Legend of Zelda
The Order: 1886
The Sims 4 Limited Edition
The Witcher 3
Uncharted 4
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Yoshi's Wooly World

Thanks. Man what's with the 69.99 PC games... ridiculous

No problem. Few days ago Amazon had PC games for $42 each and another 30% discount on top of that, would have been great deals.

What about Amazon?

Not anymore, you are getting the regular 30% off just like FS/BB. They had few errors the last few days and was worth it but not it seems to be all sorted out.

So I'd rather just go with FS/BB considering they ship faster, which Amazon is terribly slow at and they have easy returns.

Deadly

No problem. Few days ago Amazon had PC games for $42 each and another 30% discount on top of that, would have been great deals.
Oh man :(

Is there a way to cancel individual games? I only see 'cancel order' which seems to cancel everything. Not sure if I really want Destiny/The Division but I thought I might as well pre-order since it only charges when it ships.

I pre-ordered a couple of Vita and 3DS games at amazon last night, ended up with $10 cheaper than BB/FS

Edit: just double checked, I got Freedom War in my order which the original price is $10 cheaper than BB/FS ($30 vs $50), maybe that's the reason why the total is cheaper

All my Amazon.ca pre-orders have decreased in price by 10 bucks.

Nice. Will it stay this price permanently?

Edit: Rise of the Tomb Raider for PS4 isn't available. Weird.

Tiktaalik

Normally I skip over this deal because it seems like people are always getting their games late and it's a giant hassle (cancelling pre-orders even more of a hassle) but this year, with prices rising to $69.99, I'm considering it...

ElNino

Normally I skip over this deal because it seems like people are always getting their games late and it's a giant hassle (cancelling pre-orders even more of a hassle) but this year, with prices rising to $69.99, I'm considering it...
I think most of us have been getting our games on time, but maybe when something goes wrong we become more vocal about it I guess. Personally, I don't think I've ever waited more than a day for my E3 games to ship and sometimes they even ship early.

I already had a few games pre-ordered, and their prices dropped when I just checked my orders summary and added a few more games. These will stay this price, right? Or do I need to cancel them and order everything again in one massive order?

krae_man

I already had a few games pre-ordered, and their prices dropped when I just checked my orders summary and added a few more games. These will stay this price, right? Or do I need to cancel them and order everything again in one massive order?

You need to preorder 3 or more to get the maximum discount.

Bestbuy/Amazon will show discounted price in your cart once 3 or more games are in it

Amazon will not show full discount until you're at the last click before paying.

I've never received a game late in all my years of doing this; launch day every time. Canceling pre-orders is also not a hassle. You've apparently been missing out other years. I've been getting games for $40 on launch for about four years in a row now.

You need to preorder 3 or more to get the maximum discount.

Bestbuy/Amazon will show discounted price in your cart once 3 or more games are in it

Amazon will not show full discount until you're at the last click before paying.

I'm using Amazon Prime as it is, so I figured I'd pre-order off Amazon, but it appears the 30% discount isn't applying. And this Amazon customer service rep seems all but useless.

So I'll see the 30% discount on the last click... I only ordered four games, but maybe I'll cancel and re-order everything in one big order.

ahdurian

just finished the last of my preorders
three big orders from Monday, Tuesday and Thursday.
i'm gonna be so broke

The Last Of Us Remastered (PlayStation 4)
Uncharted 4: A Thief's End (PlayStation 4)
Far Cry 4 (PlayStation 4)
LIttleBigPlanet 3 (PlayStation 4)
BloodBorne (PlayStation 4)
Pokemon Omega Ruby (Nintendo 3DS)
Final Fantasy XV (PlayStation 4)
Kingdom Hearts 3 (PlayStation 4)
Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem (Nintendo Wii U)
Super Smash Bros (Nintendo Wii U)
The Last Guardian (PlayStation 3)
Super Smash Bros (Nintendo 3DS)
Persona 5 (Playstation 3)
Zelda (Nintendo Wii U)
Star Fox (Nintendo Wii U)
Kirby and the Rainbow Curse (Nintendo Wii U)
Final Fantasy Type-0 (Playstation 4)
Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth (Nintendo 3DS)
Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright (Nintendo 3DS)
Persona 4 Arena Ultimax (Playstation 3)
Destiny (Playstation 4)
Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel (Playstation 3)

Just over 1K with HST included

Tiktaalik

I've never received a game late in all my years of doing this; launch day every time. Canceling pre-orders is also not a hassle. You've apparently been missing out other years. I've been getting games for $40 on launch for about four years in a row now.

Lucky you but 90% of this thread at any given time is people complaining about FS/BB shipments.

krae_man

I'm using Amazon Prime as it is, so I figured I'd pre-order off Amazon, but it appears the 30% discount isn't applying. And this Amazon customer service rep seems all but useless.

So I'll see the 30% discount on the last click... I only ordered four games, but maybe I'll cancel and re-order everything in one big order.

All the games are already 15% discounted(Eg Uncharted 4 is 59.49 discounted from 69.99), once you add 3 games to your and go all the way to the payment screen the other 15 % will be applied. it will be on it's own line "Promotional discount applied"

Barring any additions to Best Buy later today. Here's my preorder list at the moment. As I've said before, I order anything I have interest in and then cancel what I don't end up wanting as the release nears. I ended up doing that with a lot of games this past year from the previous e3 deals. I hate paying full price for games.

*clip every game coming out*

Smart. After missing the last two years of BB/FS pre-orders, I'm not missing out again. I just pre-ordered almost every PS4 game available at BB too. Lots of the single player stuff isn't terribly important, you can always buy it 3 months later for half price, but it'll be nice having the option of keeping any $48 game on release day.
I just wish there was a way to cancel individual games from one big order.

So i'll post my orders.

Pending from Futureshop 2013 E3 Sale:

- FF15
- Kingdom Hearts 3
- Metal Gear Solid 5
- The Division
- Destiny
- Starwars Battlefront
- The Order 1886

New orders.

Amazon:

- Civ: Beyond Earth
- Farcry 4
- The Evil Within
- NHL 15
- Batman: Arkham Knight
- Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor
- Splatoon
- Bloodborne
- Uncharted 4
- Rainbow Six: Siege

Bestbuy:

- Persona 5
- Zelda U
- Super Smash Bros

All the games are already 15% discounted(Eg Uncharted 4 is 59.49 discounted from 69.99), once you add 3 games to your and go all the way to the payment screen the other 15 % will be applied. it will be on it's own line "Promotional discount applied"

It's actual 15% then 18% @ checkout.

xanavi

JcsrtGi.png

Pls. Send help.

Ah okay so the extra 15% is supposed to be it's own separate "Promotional Discount" line. Okay guess I'll have to have a chat with Amazon then when I get home. I thought they just applied the 30% like when the order ships or something since two of my later orders don't have it even though they should.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
  1. XBlaze (PSV)
  2. Mortal Kombat X (PS3)
  3. P4AU (PS3)
  4. SSB4 (3DS)
  5. Theatrhythm Curtain Call (3DS)

For just under $200, not bad IMO.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
Okay so I went to the EBgames today to trade in my PS3 towards PS4 Destiny bundle to get the 150$ promotion. Turns out its UP to 150$ so I had a 80GB model and got 104$ for the trade after the promotion. That's okay. But the guy told me I can only trade my old PS3 with the HDMI cable. I was like WTF? Are you serious. This is so ridicules, did you guys knew about this? You have to give them HDMI cable even though Sony doesn't ship one with the console lol

mdubs

Banned
This year's haul. Some of them will probably be cancelled depending on how I feel (Destiny and Far Cry 4 are candidates for this)

Playstation Vita Akiba's Trip
Playstation 3 Tales of Xillia 2
Nintendo 3DS Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney
Playstation Vita DanganRonpa 2: Goodbye Despair
Xbox One NHL 15
Xbox One Destiny
Playstation Vita Natural Doctrine
Playstation 3 Persona 4 Arena: Ultimax
Xbox One Middle Earth: Shadows of Mordor
Xbox One Sunset Overdrive
Xbox One Assassin's Creed: Unity
Xbox One Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare