• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

i-Jest

My haul.

BestBuy:

Kingdom Hearts 3 (PlayStation 4), $48.99, 12/31/2014
Final Fantasy XV (PlayStation 4), $48.99, 12/31/2014
Driveclub (PlayStation 4), $48.99, 10/07/2014
Super Smash Bros (Nintendo Wii U), $45.49, 12/31/2014
Hyrule Warriors (Nintendo Wii U), $45.49, 09/26/2014
Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem (Nintendo Wii U), $45.49, 12/31/2014
Bayonetta 2 (Nintendo Wii U), $45.49, 12/31/2014
X (Nintendo Wii U), $45.49, 12/31/2014
Super Smash Bros (Nintendo 3DS), $31.49, 10/03/2014
Pokemon Alpha Sapphire (Nintendo 3DS), $31.49, 11/30/2014
Pokemon Omega Ruby (Nintendo 3DS), $31.49, 11/30/2014
BloodBorne (PlayStation 4) (x2), $97.98, 12/31/2014
The Crew Limited Edition (PlayStation 4), $48.99, 09/30/2014
Persona 5 (PlayStation 3), $34.99, 01/31/2015
Xenoblade Chronicles X (Nintendo Wii U), $45.49, 12/31/2015
Zelda (Nintendo Wii U), $45.49, 12/31/2015
Kirby & The Rainbow Curse (Nintendo Wii U), $45.49, 12/31/2015
Freedom Wars (PlayStation Vita), $27.99, 12/31/2014
Yoshi's Woolly World (Nintendo Wii U), $45.49, 12/31/2014
Persona 4 Arena Ultimax (PlayStation 3), $41.99, 09/30/2014
Star Fox (Nintendo Wii U), $45.49, 12/31/2015
Persona Q Shadow Of The Labyrinth (Nintendo 3DS), $34.99, 11/25/2014

Amazon:

PlayStation 4 Destiny Bundle, $508.49 ($449.99 before taxes)

GAF..........what have I done?

Does Best Buy charge right away, lump sum type thing? or does it charge you for the individual game when the it comes out? This is my first year doing this. :p

xanavi

You buy same games on different systems? That too on launch day? Interesting lol

I pre-order the same game on different systems because I can't decide until launch day which one I'll end up playing it on.

While these once in a year deals are great, do you really need to have all these games day 1 ? Most of the times it takes like only ~3 months for a price drop.

I enjoy being a part of the zeitgeist around a game's launch too much.

Does Best Buy charge right away, lump sum type thing? or does it charge you for the individual game when the it comes out? This is my first year doing this. :p

No company should be charging right away, ever. Considering some of these games are so far away, and a lot of them might not even be retail releases in the end (like Splatoon), companies can't really charge you for something that doesn't exist.

mdubs

Banned
I enjoy being a part of the zeitgeist around a game's launch too much.

I've found that games (especially with the $69.99 price tag) don't go down in price for a while, definitely not to around $40 within 3 months, takes a little longer than that which makes this deal quite good.

zroid

Banned
Was Mass Effect 4 ever available to pre-order at BB? I could've sworn it was, but I don't see it anymore. Or is it still there and I'm just blind?

No company should be charging right away, ever. Considering some of these games are so far away, and a lot of them might not even be retail releases in the end (like Splatoon), companies can't really charge you for something that doesn't exist.
Ya nothing has been charged yet which I found very weird, that's why I was asking. But good to know. thanks :D

beta_fuse

Was Mass Effect 4 ever available to pre-order at BB? I could've sworn it was, but I don't see it anymore. Or is it still there and I'm just blind?

It was available for both PS4 and One but not any more. Last I heard the Xbox one was still available but they might have changed it since.

Lexxism

Yeah it's 49.99, $5 more than Amazon but on BB it's part of the E3 deal. With the 3 game discount it comes to 34.99. Better than paying $50 on Amazon I guess. I added that, Fantasy Life (Why the FUCK is it 50.99 on Amazon? Are they high? Did something invade their brains?), and Harvest Moon Story of Seasons to my cart for the deal

I guess I'll just buy this at PSN and wait for any sale. I was expecting around $28 or $31 but meh.

xanavi

I've found that games (especially with the $69.99 price tag) don't go down in price for a while, definitely not to around $40 within 3 months, takes a little longer than that which makes this deal quite good.

It definitely depends on the game and publisher. For example Ubisoft games tend to go down in price more quickly but I am not a patient man so none of that matters!

krae_man

It definitely depends on the game and publisher. For example Ubisoft games tend to go down in price more quickly but I am not a patient man so none of that matters!

Problem is that's been truer for current gen then next gen. The next gen stuff has been staying put.

In for

- Destiny
- Dragon Age
- Assassins Creed Unity
- The Order 1886
- Bloodborne
- Uncharted 4
- Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

would have definitely liked to get more: TLoU: R, GTAV PS4, Evolve, Diablo 3: UEE, etc...but i don't have that much moneys lol.

Happy with the sale :)

My haul, all amazon:

PS4:

Assassin's Creed: Unity
Batman: Arkham Kinight
Battlefield Hardline
Bloodborne
Destiny
Dragon Age Inquisition
Dying Light
Farcry 3
Grand Theft Auto V
Lords of the Fallen
MGSV: The Phantom Pain
Middle Earth: SoM
Mortal Kombat X
The Last of Us Remastered
The Witcher 3

PS3:

Persona 4 Arena Ultimate

Xbox One:

Evolve
Forza Horizon 2
Halo Anniversary Collection
Sunset Overdrive

Wii U:

Bayonetta 2
Super Smash Bros Wii U

3DS:

Persona Q
Pokemon Omega Ruby
Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright
Super Smash Bros 3DS

Vita:

Danganronpa 2

....Coming in at about $1100 after taxes. Holy fuck that's a lot of games, but a lot of savings too. Undoubtedly some of this stuff is going to get canceled because A) I don't have time to play all this and B) Some of this can wait for Christmas gifts and stuff. I tried to avoid ordering things that I knew wouldn't be out by next E3 anyway too. The only games I'm interested in but werent able to preorder were Persona 4 Dancing and Guilty Gear Xrd.

Also might have to end up canceling Destiny for the XBO version, one of my best friends might be getting an Xbox One over a PS4 after comparing both Sony and MS' exclusives at E3 this week which...I can't blame him for, really.

List so far....
The Order 1886
Assassin's Creed Unity
Hyrule Warriors
Alien Isolation
The Evil Within
Super Smash Bros
Watch Dogs Day 1 Edition
Bayonetta 2

Added....
Xenoblade X
Devils Third
Dying light
Professor Layton x Ace attorney
/ded

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
I've slowly been culling my list of things of things I'm not exceptionally interested in. This is what's left, but I may end up adding The Witcher 3 back. That one might just depend on reviews though, because I know I didn't like where the book went.

PS4:
Bloodborne
Alien: Isolation
Metal Gear Solid V

Wii U:
Bayonetta 2
Hyrule Warriors
Super Smash Bros.

Vita:
Freedom Wars
Freedom Wars
Danganronpa 2

chrono01

Zelda U [Wii U]
Star Fox U [Wii U]
Final Fantasy Type-0 HD [PS4]
Xenoblade Chronicles X [Wii U]
Yoshi's Woolly World [Wii U]

Mario Maker [Wii U]
Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker [Wii U]
Kirby & The Rainbow Curse [Wii U]
Akiba's Trip: Undead and Undressed [Vita]

Lexxism

For those guys who ordered with 30% discount, did anyone of you try adding another item to your current order? Did you get any 30% off?

For those guys who ordered with 30% discount, did anyone of you try adding another item to your current order? Did you get any 30% off?

I would try this for you but I don't want to jeopardize my current 30% off orders. Probably most people are in the same boat. Sorry!

chrono01

Here's my updated pre-order list:

Amazon.ca

Order #1:

Persona 4 Arena Ultimax [PS3]
One Piece Unlimited World Red - Day One Edition [PS3]
One Piece Unlimited World Red - Day One Edition [3DS]
Pokemon Omega Ruby [3DS]
Pokemon Alpha Sapphire [3DS]

Order #2:

Bloodborne [PS4]
Uncharted 4: A Thief's End [PS4]
The Evil Within [PS4]

BestBuy.ca

Order #1:

Hyrule Warriors [Wii U]
Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright [3DS]
Fantasy Life [3DS]Order # 2:

Order #2:

Zelda U [Wii U]
Star Fox U [Wii U]
Final Fantasy Type-0 HD [PS4]
Xenoblade Chronicles X [Wii U]
Yoshi's Woolly World [Wii U]

Order #3:

Mario Maker [Wii U]
Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker [Wii U]
Kirby & The Rainbow Curse [Wii U]
Akiba's Trip: Undead & Undressed [Vita]
Akiba's Trip: Undead & Undressed [PS3]

I pre-ordered Xenoblade Chronicles X and Yoshi's Woolly World, just in-case Futureshop doesn't update the pre-orders. I still have Super Smash bros. U/3DS pre-ordered from last E3.

I think I'm more-or-less done with now, but we'll see if there are any last-minute announcements...

Lexxism

I would try this for you but I don't want to jeopardize my current 30% off orders. Probably most people are in the same boat. Sorry!

That's what I'm thinking too but I hesitated and just ask to change my shipping options. I just chat with them and they were able to change my shipping to "Express" for free. At least I won't need to wait that long to get my order.

LOL - thought I was done yesterday but grabbed a couple more this morning. All from BB:

The Last Of Us Remastered (PlayStation 4)
X (Nintendo Wii U)
Batman: Arkham Knight (PlayStation 4)
Far Cry 4 (PlayStation 4)
Evolve (PlayStation 4)
Assassin's Creed Unity (PlayStation 4)
Alien Isolation (PlayStation 4)
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (PlayStation 4)
Dying Light (PlayStation 4)
Battlefield: Hardline (PlayStation 4)
The Evil Within (PlayStation 4)
The Crew Limited Edition (PlayStation 4)
Below (Xbox One)
Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain (PlayStation 4)
Crackdown (Xbox One)
Scalebound (Xbox One)
Metro: Redux (PlayStation 4)
Mass Effect 4 (PlayStation 4)
Uncharted 4: A Thief's End (PlayStation 4)
Forza Horizon 2 (Xbox One)
Shape Up (Xbox One)
Grand Theft Auto V (PlayStation 4)
Rise Of The Tomb Raider (PlayStation 4)
Halo Master Chief Collection (Xbox One)
Mad Max (PlayStation 4)
Dragon Age Inquisition (PlayStation 4)
Splatoon (Nintendo Wii U)
Xenoblade Chronicles X (Nintendo Wii U)
Zelda (Nintendo Wii U)
Mario Maker (Nintendo Wii U)
Devil's Third (Nintendo Wii U)
Halo 5: Guardians
BloodBorne (PlayStation 4)
EA Sports PGA Tour (PlayStation 4)
Rainbow Six: Seige (PlayStation 4)
Homefront: The Revolution (PlayStation 4)
Far Cry 4 Kyrat Edition (PlayStation 4)
Star Fox (Nintendo Wii U)
Captain Toad Treasure Tracker (Nintendo Wii U)

Futureshop 2013 remaining:

Halo (Xbox One)
D4 (Xbox One)
Sunset Overdrive (Xbox One)
Bayonetta 2 (Nintendo Wii U)
Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem (Nintendo Wii U)
Quantum Break (Xbox One)
Tom Clancys The Division (PlayStation 4)
The Order 1886 (PlayStation 4)
Starwars Battlefront (PlayStation 4)
Driveclub (PlayStation 4)
Final Fantasy XV (PlayStation 4)

Takuan

I've slowly been culling my list of things of things I'm not exceptionally interested in.

I just culled all FPS games - with the exception of Destiny - from my carts. Figure I'll play them on PC if I really want to, where they'll be significantly cheaper.

kitzkozan

Problem is that's been truer for current gen then next gen. The next gen stuff has been staying put.

It's normal, since there's far fewer copies in circulation. The userbase is still low, so retailers won't order a vast amount of copies and there's no rush to clear the PS4/Xbone inventory.

The fairly high price of current gen games (sorry, but PS360 is old gen now :p) is a good reason to take advantage of these E3 pre-order deals.

Okay so I went to the EBgames today to trade in my PS3 towards PS4 Destiny bundle to get the 150$ promotion. Turns out its UP to 150$ so I had a 80GB model and got 104$ for the trade after the promotion. That's okay. But the guy told me I can only trade my old PS3 with the HDMI cable. I was like WTF? Are you serious. This is so ridicules, did you guys knew about this? You have to give them HDMI cable even though Sony doesn't ship one with the console lol

HDMI Cable cost 2$ at Dollarama...or 3-4$ everywhere on internet...

you are seriously pissed for 3-4$

jred2k

I have had periods in my life where I have the time to play $1500 worth of games, and I have had periods where I had the money to spend on $1500 worth of games, but I don't think those periods have ever coalesced for me. This should just be called the "Add to your Backlog Event".

khaaan

Awright, think I'm done.

Old Futureshop Orders:

X (Futureshop is going to adjust this to Xenoblade Chronicles, right?)
Zelda U
Final Fantasy XV
Kingdom Hearts 3

New Futureshop Orders:

Captain Toad Treasure Tracker
Splatoon
Final Fantasy Type-0 HD

Best Buy:

Pokemon Omega Ruby
The Order 1886
Super Smash Bros for 3DS
Fantasy Life
Devils Third
Uncharted 4

Amazon:
Smash Bros U
Bayonetta 2
Tales of Xillia

I was going to get Vita stuff but digital is where the party is at.

krae_man

BFyFPhj.jpg

Boo!

Yah!

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I just got home from work, Kingdom Hearts 2.5 wasn't added anywhere? :(

EDIT: Good to see it'll be added soon but they've been saying soon since yesterday.

Top Bottom