• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

bobeth

Alright, here we go:

Destiny PS4
The Order
TLOU Remastered
Middle Earth Shadow of Mordor PC
Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth
Halo 5: Guardians - Xbox One
Halo: The Master Chief Collection - Xbox One
Batman: Arkham Knight PC
Assassin's Creed Unity PC
Dragon Age Inquisition Deluxe PC

It's a good thing a lot of titles were pushed back honestly, I'll barely have time for these games..

khaaan

Damn, I want KH but I've already put down an order for everything. I can always create an order of Kingdom Hearts 2.5, The Last Guardian and Final Fantasy XV. Not like the latter two are coming out any time soon.

Eternia

HDMI Cable cost 2$ at Dollarama...or 3-4$ everywhere on internet...

you are seriously pissed for 3-4$
The idea that every new PS3 they have in stock isn't valid for trade-in is a hilarious thought. I wouldn't blame anyone for lashing out at having to add something the manufacturer never included themselves. Unless there was some ridiculous change in policy, it was probably just be an uninformed employee.

I remember when I traded in a 360 a few years back with an HDMI cable only, the CSR questioned whether or not I could trade it in before the manager just waved it through. Heck, one time I asked if I could swap my component cables for the composite ones in the new box to trade in and they allowed it.

bryt

If one game ships in an order can we still cancel it online or do we have to call in to cancel? I'm trying to use 2 x The Last Guardian as filler to get the discount.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
If one game ships in an order can we still cancel it online or do we have to call in to cancel? I'm trying to use 2 x The Last Guardian as filler to get the discount.
BB/FS? You have to call. I still have old orders with TLG and Agent that I haven't cancelled just in case they offer me a coupon when they cancel them. :p

Ah Damn so I guess Guilty Gear Xrd is a lost cause? I hope Amazon puts it up or at least Kingdom Hearts 2.5. I need a 3rd game to go with Mortal Kombat X and Freedom Wars

Update from Bestbuy rep. (Still hoping for MH4U)

Hey everyone!

A few updates to share but first I'd like to thank everyone for being patient with us while our teams scramble to get all these awesome titles up and available for you to take advantage of! While it's been straight hectic, I hope the amazing deals you are getting will smooth some of those frowns away. If not now, at least when you get those shiny manilla envelopes in hand!

Here is some news you have been waiting for:

- The majority of the titles we will be carrying are up but you can expect a few more to get sprinkled in throughout the day. They will all definitely be up/with the deal attached hours before the promotion ends. If I get a specific time, I will update on this thread later in the day.

-Speaking of the promotion ending, the cut off is at 11:59 PM PST today.

-All prices are set according to what the individual companies have advised us.

-Orders for Wii U X will be updated to Xenoblade Chronicles X if/ once that name is confirmed (if this hasn't been completed already)

-It looks like our gaming team was asked to take Mass Effect 4 offline, while the details of the game are being confirmed. Sorry for the confusion here folks!

-Rainbow 6: Seige has been given the green light and Patriots is out. If you have already ordered Patriots, you will be hearing from Customer service soon enough. To ensure you have the deal on Siege, add it to your order now.

-We are not aware of / do not have any information to share on a Reward Zone promotion at this time, Reward Zone members will get the regular amount of points due for their purchase.

-The technical glitch that was not allowing items to be added to cart is fixed now. For carts that could not be accessed, check again now to see if you can proceed. If this is still an issue, you will need to call customer service and they will be escalating to IT but cannot confirm it will be fixed prior to the deal ending. If your cart cannot be used, the only other option we can recommend is placing the order using Guest check out.

I will be posting a few more updates today before 5 PM PST but please keep in mind that if you have any unanswered questions that are time sensitive, customer service is just a ring away!

Kyolux

Yup.. Still waiting on one of the 3 to add KH 2.5.

Otherwise I pre-ordered 10 games.

Zelda U
Mario Party 10
FF Type-0 HD
Star Fox
LBP3
Bloodborne
Hyrule Warriors
Uncharted 4
Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright Ace Attourney
Arkham Knight

Also from last year, I'm still waiting on:
Bayonetta 2
Super Smash Bros Wii U
Kingdom Hearts 3
MGSV Phantom Pain
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Yoshi Wooly World
FFXV

Just added:

- Lords of the Fallen (hopefully that's really Dark Souls-ish, otherwise, it's out)
- Last of Us Remastered (I'm not all that interested in this game, but since 95% of everyone says it's so good, I'll give it a shot I guess)
- Shadow of Mordor (PC version since it's much cheaper, but I'm still not convinced of this game.)
- Splatoon
- Capt. Toad
- One Piece Unlimited World Red

Will probably take one or two off this one for KH 2.5 once it gets added wherever and make one last order.

MarkusRJR

I'm still waiting for the Xbox 360 SKU of Persona 4 Arena Ultimax. They added the PS3 version last night but totally forgot about the 360 version. :(

in b4 all Persona fans use Playstations.

i-Jest

Yup.. Still waiting on one of the 3 to add KH 2.5.

Otherwise I pre-ordered 10 games.

Zelda U
Mario Party 10
FF Type-0 HD
Star Fox
LBP3
Bloodborne
Hyrule Warriors
Uncharted 4
Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright Ace Attourney
Arkham Knight

Also from last year, I'm still waiting on:
Bayonetta 2
Super Smash Bros Wii U
Kingdom Hearts 3
MGSV Phantom Pain
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Yoshi Wooly World
FFXV

I'm thinking of adding Captain Toad and Splatoon, but I find those a bit expensive for what they are. Though I'll probably take those two with KH 2.5 if they finally add it.

FF Explorers seems to be missing too from BB/FS/Amazon.ca

Type-0's up? Well, time to revise

Since within half a day I was away from the thread 10 new pages have been added, I hope someone will save me the time and tell me if anything worth noting happened since yesterday early evening, pls :D

Since within half a day I was away from the thread 10 new pages have been added, I hope someone will save me the time and tell me if anything worth noting happened since yesterday early evening, pls :D

First, I hope you have 100 posts a page.

Second, nothing interesting except for BB and FS making a price error on the Far Cry 4 limited edition amd ended up selling it at $69.99 + 30% off.

KarmaCow

A $30 mark up for a branded controller, even if it is wireless seems ridiculous. I was hoping it was be a Smash + Controller bundle or something.

Sora_N

Yeah...if MH4 goes up please PM me someone I got work from 4-12pm pst lol

Gritesh

Still in the market for ps4 headset, pulse elite is on sale for same price as the gold. Not sure which one to get or if I should get something else any advice?

Naite

My preorder list:
  • MGS5 and FF15 (these are from last year's E3 promo)
  • BBCP Vita version
  • Xblaze
  • P4AU
  • USF4
  • Arkham Knight
  • Mortal Kombat X
  • Uncharted IV
  • Assassin Creed Unity
  • Destiny

I was considering adding PS4 versions of Last of Us and GTA5 but I can wait for them to drop in price.

Still waiting for any of the sites to add Guilty Gear Xrd...

-Deimos

I pay $35 without tax for all new releases, so...

image.php

so......how do I get in on this?

Oh man I am a silly groose, I misunderstood how they did the Amazon discounts. Well either way, I think I just got Uncharted 4, LBP3 and Bloodborne for 35.99 lol.

First, I hope you have 100 posts a page.

Second, nothing interesting except for BB and FS making a price error on the Far Cry 4 limited edition amd ended up selling it at $69.99 + 30% off.

Thanks man :)
I got into a fight with an ignorant Amazon rep and will probably cancel all my orders with them and stick to BB, much easier for returns anyway.

Yeah...if MH4 goes up please PM me someone I got work from 4-12pm pst lol

PM me your phone no. and I'll let you know lol

Still in the market for ps4 headset, pulse elite is on sale for same price as the gold. Not sure which one to get or if I should get something else any advice?

Go with the Gold man, I have both and I can't stand the Elite anymore, the gold is much lighter and more comfy for long usage even though it's a bit cheaper in quality.

Fularu

Banned
Oh man I am a silly groose, I misunderstood how they did the Amazon discounts. Well either way, I think I just got Uncharted 4, LBP3 and Bloodborne for 35.99 lol.

By just you mean now or when the games were 50.99?

I can't see a way for you to get them that cheap with the current promotion

Top Bottom