• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

Wow, even console prices are going up? This isn't good. I think there will be plenty of people waiting for price drops to happen, even if it is next year.

Nothing worth saying here but this is freaking annoying! Like I was holding off getting Xbone now but with price hikes coming I might pull the plug and get the Titanfall bundle!

Futureshop and Bestbuy still have the consoles at regular price on their website so maybe it's a source only thing (for the time being at least).

Shadous

Neo Member
Until prices drop back to $60 and below (or I find some that haven't risen), I will be holding off on buying any new games. This month was going to be great, too.

tkalamba

It seems to me some retailers are jumping the gun on pricing. I remember seeing Thief being more expensive at EB games than what MS was charging on the marketplace for it, and FS and BB kept it at the standard 59.99.

If FS and BB start increasing prices, thats when I'll start to get worried.

Zing

Banned
Any place I could reserve and lock in the $400 price for a PS4? I checked the major retailers, but they aren't taking orders.

I wonder how long it will take for them to adjust the prices back if/when the dollar gets back closer to parity. I recall it taking a while last time they did this.

Roto13

I always tell myself I'll wait for a price drop to buy a new console because by that time any hardware kinks will have been worked out. I wasn't going to do that with PS4, but hey, looks like I am now. Thanks, Sony.

ohlawd

if that PS4 hike is widspread then shit it'll be even longer when I get one.

still thinking about that TF bundle. it's hard, man.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Glad I already have my next-gen console of choice.

Edit: Wait... the Vita 2000 is still coming up. Dangit. :-(

xanavi

The price going in the other direction for the PS4 is really not something I would have expected. I'm glad I've got mine already now too, even though I've only been using it to watch twitch streams.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Thank god I got a PS4 at launch. Also bought 2 extra controllers for cheap early on (trading in a copy of Ghosts I got from that FS/BB trade in deal, and the second extra one I got from an Amazon sale).

If the dollar rebounds, I wonder how long it'll take them to drop the price again :/

Dunlop

This console news means i will be with just a PS4 for the forseeable future : (

Was hoping for some kind of EB console trade in promo to dump my PS3/WiiU. With a new $50 premium it wouldn't be wort it for me even if they did now

I wonder how long it will take for them to adjust the prices back if/when the dollar gets back closer to parity. I recall it taking a while last time they did this.

They will gladly raise prices by themselves when they can, but they won't lower them until they're called out on it. Pretty sure it'll be the same deal if it happens again.

Has anyone else noticed that the Ouya has been in the Top 5 best selling video game items on Amazon.ca for like the past two weeks. I don't want to sound like a negative nancy or anything, but doesn't this strike anyone else as complete bullshit?

Has anyone else noticed that the Ouya has been in the Top 5 best selling video game items on Amazon.ca for like the past two weeks. I don't want to sound like a negative nancy or anything, but doesn't this strike anyone else as complete bullshit?

Top 5 video game items with "OUYA" in the name.

Didn't amazon put the older version on sale recently?

Dazzler

Def picking an XBone up today, a price increase would put me right off

In other news: Became a permanent Canadian resident today..

Feels good mang

ElNino

Feels good mang
Welcome to the club!

Now that I've been living here for 35+ years, I should really start the process of citizenship.

farisr

So after a lot of thinking I have cancelled my preorder for Ground Zeroes. I do not want to support the higher canadian prices nor the next-gen tax that konami is putting on the game. I can wait.

So after a lot of thinking I have cancelled my preorder for Ground Zeroes. I do not want to support the higher canadian prices nor the next-gen tax that konami is putting on the game. I can wait.

Konami is not adding a premium for new gen anymore, it's the same price for both generations afaik!

Edit: wanted to add that http://www.greatcanadianrebates.ca/ offer 7% cash back on Shop.ca purchases, just in case someone is considering Titanfall bundle.

iLLmAtlc

I'm with you man. I played the hell out of every MGS and spent a lot of time doing speed runs in MGS 3 and 4 but I'm out for Ground Zeroes until a price drop. $35 and even $30 on amazon is pretty ridiculous.

Apathy

Feels good mang

Congratulations, have some poutine and clog those arteries, it's ok, you got healthcare now.

farisr

Konami is not adding a premium for new gen anymore, it's the same price for both generations afaik!

PS4 digital version = $30.
PS3 digital version = $20.

The physical version of the games are evenly priced at $35 for both generations, yes. Before I was considering whether I should get the digital version as part of the spend $60 get $10 back sale. As it would've caused a $19 difference in total (if I consider that $10 to be gotten entirely from the GZ purchase), but I like my physical games as well. Was torn between physical and digital. Preordered physical anyways, and decided if I changed my mind on release date, when GZ goes up on PSN, I will just return the physical copy. Now I'm not doing either, cancelled the preordered copy, and will not be getting the digital version at release. Will be waiting on a lower price.

Hence, I am not supporting the price hike ($35 instead of $30) nor am I supported konami's next-gen tax ($30 ps4 digital version vs $20 digital ps3 version).

For everyone wondering what the new EPN.TV would be. Here's the email I just received:

Hey everybody!

Victor Lucas here. I want to start by thanking you for your friendship over the years, it means so much to us and we truly appreciate each and every one of you.
Now, we are excited to bring you our very own “Next Gen” launch.

EPN.tv
At EPN.tv you will find everything you have loved, and a ton more!
New exciting content, a new site with live streaming shows and interviews, extras, podcasts, archived content, behind the scenes fun, and something we are very proud of...

Arcademy
Arcademy is something new that we’re rolling out: it’s a gaming community built around YOU! Your Arcademy account will level up over time, with daily and weekly challenges, special events, and prize-packed tournaments. Join the forum to have your say, contribute and enjoy user-created content, and take your place on our leaderboards. It’s a brand new idea and we think you’ll love it.

Cheers,
Victor Lucas and the EP Media Team

Edit: There's also a video:

http://epn.tv/all/exclusive/thank-you/

Enter the following password to get in:
epnishere

krae_man

For everyone wondering what the new EPN.TV would be. Here's the email I just received:

Hey everybody!

Victor Lucas here. I want to start by thanking you for your friendship over the years, it means so much to us and we truly appreciate each and every one of you.

EPN.tv

New exciting content, a new site with live streaming shows and interviews, extras, podcasts, archived content, behind the scenes fun, and something we are very proud of...

Arcademy
Arcademy is something new that we’re rolling out: it’s a gaming community built around YOU! Your Arcademy account will level up over time, with daily and weekly challenges, special events, and prize-packed tournaments. Join the forum to have your say, contribute and enjoy user-created content, and take your place on our leaderboards. It’s a brand new idea and we think you’ll love it.

Cheers,

New Thread time!

Hey everybody!

EPN.tv

Arcademy

Cheers,

Tsilon deux?

Top Bottom