• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

hey yo sign me up
image.php

so......how do I get in on this?
Yeah, but they charge $69.99, not $35. I'm guessing Mike is talking about PC gaming?
I bought my brother a PS4 and we game-share. Not a solution for everyone, but it's nice.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Yeah, I was just going to ask if you were game sharing. lol

I wonder if BB/FS will come through with some last minute updates, but I kind of doubt it.

Kyolux

60 * .82 = 49.2$ each

I actually got those 3 for 41.81$ each.

That's after having Customer service partially fix my order, and me having to fix a few things on it.

Hmmm since Arkham Knight is part of that order (but in a different order #), it'd actually be those 4 for 43.56 each.

i-Jest

Question. I just remembered, Paypal sent me a message saying I have $25 to spend towards Shop.ca. It expires on the 30th. I'm thinking of using it, along with my in-store credit, to purchase DK Tropical Freeze. To apply the Paypal credit, do I need to log into my Paypal account when I'm at checkout?

jzbluz

Question. I just remembered, Paypal sent me a message saying I have $25 to spend towards Shop.ca. It expires on the 30th. I'm thinking of using it, along with my in-store credit, to purchase DK Tropical Freeze. To apply the Paypal credit, do I need to log into my Paypal account when I'm at checkout?

You have to pay through PayPal.

Yasumi

Banned
Optimal final order would be Project Diva f 2nd, Persona 4 Dancing, Shinovi Versus, and KH2.5. Doubt that's going to happen though.

Ah damn I can't find KH 2.5 on BB yet. I'll check back around 9-10PM EST then I guess.

Optimal final order would be Project Diva f 2nd, Persona 4 Dancing, Shinovi Versus, and KH2.5. Doubt that's going to happen though.

Outside of like maybe Akiba's Trip on BB, and Disgaea 4R, Neptunia and Freedom Wars we're missing a lot of other Vita games here. I was counting on Persona Dancing All Night, Senran Kagura and PDF2nd as well and so far nothing. At this point those last 3 aren't even gonna be up

Vibranium

Banned
Arrrgh, I keep going back and forth on the Wii U when people would pull the trigger. I don't think I will have enough time to justify the purchase. Gonna adjust my order and maybe my cousin will loan me his console when Zelda U releases.

I will play Smash on the 3DS and the Wii U version at his house.

Okay, so I caved and pre-ordered a few games just because it makes sense to save some money on the games I'm most likely going to buy. Last year I had a mountain, this year it's only...

Dragon Age Inquisition
Tropico 5
Final Fantasy Type-0
Assassin's Creed Unity

Not going to bother pre-ordering 2015 games on the off chance by next E3 the dollar gets back in shape - if they get any more expensive I just won't buy them so it's a no risk thing for me. Luckily, I still have a bunch of 2015 games pre-ordered from last year too like Final Fantasy XV.

Canucked

I'm comparing prices on sales between Amazon and Best Buy, and noticed that amazon's shipping looks odd. I'm prime with free two day shipping but they all say they will be delivered the week after release.

Does Best Buy have release day shipping? Is it at least faster than a week later?

Kyolux

I'm comparing prices on sales between Amazon and Best Buy, and noticed that amazon's shipping looks odd. I'm prime with free two day shipping but they all say they will be delivered the week after release.

Does Best Buy have release day shipping? Is it at least faster than a week later?

I wouldn't worry about that too much. Amazon shipping estimates are always weird.

Proc

Thanks for clearing it up. My logic is that if the dollar rises and the prices drop for next sale then we can always cancel our current order and re-buy in. The vicious cycle continues. Only games I'm avoiding are ones that I am skeptical on their sale success. Those types of games usually plumet in value considerably.

Socreges

Banned
What are your guys' experiences with refurbished WiiUs? Any reason to believe they'll break down in a few years? I've got one experience with a refurbished unit (PS2) and it was a bad one so I'm reluctant to save not-an-awful-lot-of-money for that risk.

Does the $200 offer have an expiry? I'd probably jump on it if there was a risk they'd pull it.

I think earlier someone was asking if they could add orders to their old amazon e3 deal when it was really good. I just did it and it turned out fine. I still have my 33% discount even after adding Smash Bros Wii U, Atelier Rorona Plus and Hyrule Warriors to my order. Didn't try games that aren't part of the promo though.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
What are your guys' experiences with refurbished WiiUs? Any reason to believe they'll break down in a few years? I've got one experience with a refurbished unit (PS2) and it was a bad one so I'm reluctant to save not-an-awful-lot-of-money for that risk.

Does the $200 offer have an expiry? I'd probably jump on it if there was a risk they'd pull it.

I don't think there's an expiry, they've been up for a while now. No idea about quality, but I know one gaffer has had a bad experience trying to get his shipped to him.

mdubs

Banned

I ordered one today. According to other gaffers they are likely brand new unsold stock from the original launch deluxe sets being unloaded as refurbished.

Yasumi

Banned
What the duce? I was to late. DAMNIT!!!! I already have a Wii U but for that price, I'd cop a 2nd one. Would BB even honor that?
Highly, highly doubtful. It's still there, but clicking it goes to a 404. I'm opening a new tab every few minutes, just in case.

What the duce? I was to late. DAMNIT!!!! I already have a Wii U but for that price, I'd cop a 2nd one. Would BB even honor that?

The product listing still shows up in search, but I can't even get the product page to show up--not even after messing about with the URL, which was how I got Fantasy Life to show up before the search results had the proper URL.

Canucked

Six games for 300. 50 dollars a game for the rest of the year....

Okay. I'll do it. Hopefully Amazon doesn't go with these delivery dates they have listed.

i-Jest

Highly, highly doubtful. It's still there, but clicking it goes to a 404. I'm opening a new tab every few minutes, just in case.

The product listing still shows up in search, but I can't even get the product page to show up--not even after messing about with the URL, which was how I got Fantasy Life to show up before the search results had the proper URL.

My fellow Canuck GAF, if we are impossibly successful in ordering free Wii U's then that's just wild. I don't even know what to say after that.

Ended up pre-ordering:
Amazon:
Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1
Yoshi's Woolly World
Captain Toad
Freedom Wars -
Bayonetta 2

FS:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Zelda
Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright
Pokemon Alpha Sapphire
Hyrule Warriors
Persona Q

Total (with tax): $467.2
wallet am cry ;_;

amrod

From Last year still

Code:
Smash Brothers (Nintendo 3DS)		1		$26.66

Yoshi's Land (Nintendo Wii U)		1		$39.99
Super Smash Bros (Nintendo Wii U)		1		$39.99

Quantum Break (Xbox One)		1		$39.99
Sunset Overdrive (Xbox One)		1		$39.99
Destiny (Xbox One)		1		$39.99
Halo (Xbox One)		1		$39.99

Kingdom Hearts 3 (PlayStation 4)		1		$39.99
Mirros Edge 2 (PlayStation 4)		1		$39.99
The Crew (PlayStation 4)		1		$39.99
Tom Clancys The Division (PlayStation 4)		1		$39.99
Destiny (PlayStation 4)		1		$39.99
Driveclub (PlayStation 4)		1		$39.99
NEW This Year...

Code:
Battlefield: Hardline (PlayStation 4)		 		$49.99
BloodBorne (PlayStation 4)		 			$49.99
The Last Of Us Remastered (PlayStation 4)			 $49.99
The Order 1886 (PlayStation 4) 		$49.99
LIttleBigPlanet 3 (PlayStation 4)				 $49.99
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (PlayStation 4) - English	$49.99
Let It Die (PlayStation 4)	 $49.99
Final Fantasy Type-0 HD (PlayStation 4)		$49.99
Uncharted 4: A Thief's End (PlayStation 4)	 $49.99

Halo 5: Guardians		 $49.99
Halo Master Chief Collection (Xbox One)			 $49.99
Forza Horizon 2 (Xbox One)			 $49.99
Fable Legends (Xbox One)	 $49.99
Crackdown (Xbox One)	$49.99
Scalebound (Xbox One)	$49.99
Phantom Dust (Xbox One) 	 $49.99

Akiba's Trip: Undead & Undressed (PlayStation Vita)	$35.71
Counterspy (PlayStation Vita)		 $28.56
Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair (PlayStation Vita)	 $28.56

Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call (Nintendo 3DS) 	 $32.13
Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright (Nintendo 3DS)	$32.13

Hyrule Warriors (Nintendo Wii U)	 $46.42
Wii U X (Nintendo Wii U)	$46.42
Captain Toad Treasure Tracker (Nintendo Wii U)	$46.42
Xenoblade Chronicles X (Nintendo Wii U)		 $46.42
Bayonetta 2 (Nintendo Wii U) $46.42
Zelda (Nintendo Wii U)	 $46.42
Kirby & The Rainbow Curse (Nintendo Wii U)	 $46.42
Splatoon (Nintendo Wii U)	 $46.42
Mario vs Donkey Kong (Nintendo Wii U)	 $46.42
Mario Maker (Nintendo Wii U)	$46.42
Project Giant Robot (Nintendo Wii U)	$46.42
Project Guard (Nintendo Wii U)	 $46.42
Star Fox (Nintendo Wii U)	 $46.42
Devil's Third (Nintendo Wii U)		$46.42
Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem (Nintendo Wii U)	 $46.42

Will buy others via greenmangaming / steam I guess

Give them time to apply the discounts. Here I am still waiting for GG Xrd like a sucker ;(

We can hold hands and pray together for it to be added. I'm sitting here, ready to cancel my other throwaway BB order so I can add more stuff to it. Ugh, I'll give it another hour or two.

espher

Assuming FS gets their shit together with KH2.5 + STEAM, my lists are looking like:

Future Shop: Bayo 2 ($46.42), Codename S.T.E.A.M. ($27.99), Fantasy Life ($28.56), Kingdom Hearts 2.5 ($32.13), Kirby & the Rainbow Curse ($46.42), Pokemon Alpha Sapphire ($32.13), Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright ($32.13), Project Giant Robot ($46.42), Project Guard ($46.42), Star Fox ($46.42), Story of Seasons ($32.13), Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call ($32.13)

Best Buy: Fantasia ($41.99), Hyrule Warriors ($45.49), Xenoblade Chronicles X ($45.49, replacing a previous pre-order I had for $50)

Amazon.ca: Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker ($41.81), Splatoon ($41.81), Wii Sports Club ($31.36)

The games that I knew I would not risk cancelling/returning went to BB/Amazon if they had the best prices, and the rest all went to Future Shop (paying the $0.80 'return risk' premium), since there's no BB near me at all. I stuck primarily with Nintendo stuff since it rarely drops in price (and I have no PS4/XB1/Vita -- yet). I expect a number of things to be cancelled once they're revealed to be eShop titles or w/e, but hey, I'd rather lock in the $47 if they turn out to be a) Retail and b) Good.

Fularu

Banned
NEW This Year...

Code:
Captain Toad Treasure Tracker (Nintendo Wii U)	$46.42
Bayonetta 2 (Nintendo Wii U) $46.42
Splatoon (Nintendo Wii U)	 $46.42
Devil's Third (Nintendo Wii U)		$46.42

Will buy others via greenmangaming / steam I guess

Those are all cheaper with Amazon's discount (41.81 instead of 46.42) so after tax the saving is significant.

i-Jest

We can hold hands and pray together for it to be added. I'm sitting here, ready to cancel my other throwaway BB order so I can add more stuff to it. Ugh, I'll give it another hour or two.

Solidarity my brother, solidarity.

BB UPDATE:

Naturral Doctorine was added to the Vita section.

Top Bottom