• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

espher

Those are all cheaper with Amazon's discount (41.81 instead of 46.42) so after tax the saving is significant.

When I added Bayonetta 2 to my cart w/ Amazon it didn't apply an additional discount... same with a couple of others (Hyrule Warriors and one other one I looked at). I must go take another look...

Edit: I have a cart with Bayo 2, Hyrule Warriors, and X. $55, $55, $50 respectively, no additional discount in cart.

When I added Bayonetta 2 to my cart w/ Amazon it didn't apply an additional discount... same with a couple of others (Hyrule Warriors and one other one I looked at). I must go take another look...

Edit: I have a cart with Bayo 2, Hyrule Warriors, and X. $55, $55, $50 respectively, no additional discount in cart.

For some reason X isn't qualified for discount. Try adding another game. If you have at least 3 qualified items it should add 15% additional off to each qualified items

btw, Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus Limited Edition is up at ebgames for $55

Fularu

Banned

Xenoblade doesn't qualify. That's why

My haul:

Code:
Bestbuy:
Akiba's Trip: Undead & Undressed (PlayStation 3) $34.99
Rainbow Six: Patriots (PC) $34.99
Xenoblade Chronicles X (Nintendo Wii U) $45.49
Phantom Dust (Xbox One) $48.99	
Scalebound (Xbox One) $48.99

Amazon (~30% discount)
Dying Light $34.85
Hyrule Warriors $45.30
Splatoon $41.82
Mortal Kombat (XONE/FC) $48.78
Halo: The Master Chief Collection $48.78

Amazon (Game discount + 30% off)
Bayonetta 2 $38.67
Sunset Overdrive $38.67
Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth $29.74
Smash Bros. Wii U $38.67
Smash Bros. 3DS  $26.77
Dragon Age Inquisition Deluxe $55.99
Halo 5: Guardians $41.64
EA Nhl 15 for Xbox One  $41.64

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
My haul:

Code:
Bestbuy:
Akiba's Trip: Undead & Undressed (PlayStation 3) $34.99
Rainbow Six: Patriots (PC) $34.99
Xenoblade Chronicles X (Nintendo Wii U) $45.49
Phantom Dust (Xbox One) $48.99	
Scalebound (Xbox One) $48.99

Amazon (~30% discount)
Dying Light $34.85
Hyrule Warriors $45.30
Splatoon $41.82
Mortal Kombat (XONE/FC) $48.78
Halo: The Master Chief Collection $48.78

Amazon (Game discount + 30% off)
Bayonetta 2 $38.67
Sunset Overdrive $38.67
Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth $29.74
Smash Bros. Wii U $38.67
Smash Bros. 3DS  $26.77
Dragon Age Inquisition Deluxe $55.99
Halo 5: Guardians $41.64
EA Nhl 15 for Xbox One  $41.64

You lucky ass :(

Now that is all said and done, how do we calculate individually how much discount you got on each game over at Amazon? It doesn't tell you like FS/BB.

It just groups all your discounts, it isnt useful to tell or see which ones you havent gotten a discount on.

Kyolux

Now that is all said and done, how do we calculate individually how much discount you got on each game over at Amazon? It doesn't tell you like FS/BB.

It just groups all your discounts, it isnt useful to tell or see which ones you havent gotten a discount on.

Yeah, not sure how these will go when we get charged.

Lexxism

I guess 15/18/30% off for each game will be released?

btkadams

Perhaps we should make a list of what's been added to best buy this evening (even if the discount hasn't been activated yet). Just so it's easier for people who aren't able to check constantly.

Natural Doctrine (PS Vita)
Codename Steam (3DS)
Kingdom Hearts 2.5 HD Remix (PS3)

Lizardus

So before discount, Cpatain Toad is $59.99 on Amazon and $64.99 on BB. What happens if

1) Final price is $64.99

or

2) Final price is $ 44.99

I feel like I should have ordered Captain Toad from Amazon. Are there any other games which are cheaper on Amazon?

Lexxism

I feel like I should have ordered Captain Toad from Amazon. Are there any other games which are cheaper on Amazon?

Capt. Toad is 50.99 at Amazon together with Bayonetta 2,Splatoon, Yoshi, Mario Party and Devil's Third. Applying the 18% off, you will get each game for $41.81

espher

Well, what I did initially when pricing things out is pick three titles I knew were eligible, get a total, and then start adding individual items to see the net price difference.

Then I just said 'boy it looks to be the same ratio' and built a spreadsheet to take the item cost, divide it into the pre-promo discount subtotal, and then take that % and multiply it by the total discount to estimate the discount. Based on that, I picked which games to order through which retailer, and then confirmed my numbers on Amazon before hitting submit.

I might leave Codename Steam and KH2 in my FS cart and call them up about the discount% issue to see if they'll do anything. Worst case scenario I can always rip them out of the order later.

i-Jest

Nah man, it's over. Really unfortunate that a PS3/PS4 2014 game isn't part of their list. Even Amazon doesn't have it on their website.

*sighs and kicks dirt*

Well at the end of the day I still win. Got Persona 5 for $34.99. WWWWIIINNNIIIINNGGG!!!!!

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
My list:
Persona q
Persona ultimax
Fantasy life

FF Theatrhythm
Freedom Force
Danganrompa2

Mostly handheld games.

I do still need a new ps3. Hoping for a sale on one of those soon

i-Jest

I'm sitting here with like a $400 cart. I really want to do this but...

You'll only get charged as they chip. You can also return them as long as they're sealed and have a receipt. You can cancel your orders anytime after ordering and before shipping.

The hell is going on with amazon.ca lately and games? Everything is being shown as shipping out a week after its release date with the exception of a few heavy hitters like destiny.

A couple bucks off Persona 4 Ultimax is nice, but not if it shows up 9 days after release date even with prime.

btkadams

The hell is going on with amazon.ca lately and games? Everything is being shown as shipping out a week after its release date with the exception of a few heavy hitters like destiny.

A couple bucks off Persona 4 Ultimax is nice, but not if it shows up 9 days after release date even with prime.
The shipping times have always shown incorrectly like that for me. I wouldn't worry about it.

farisr

I'm sitting here with like a $400 cart. I really want to do this but...

Go through with it. Don't regret it like I did last year. Half the games in my order list this year, I could've gotten for nearly $11.30 cheaper if I had gone through with ordering them last year. Added them to my cart, got nervous looking at the total, and removed some of the ones that were a while off. Bad decision.

btkadams

Good idea , thanks! I will still be charged individually on release dates right?
I actually have never used paypal with FS/BB so I'm not sure. Hopefully someone else can chime in. I don't see why it would work differently than using a CC though. I just know it's a workaround for the expiration date issue.

The shipping times have always shown incorrectly like that for me. I wouldn't worry about it.

This was true for me as well until very recently. Mario & Luigi: Dream Team was on sale two weeks ago, and when it shipped it had a delivery date six days later, which sounded crazy since I'm in downtown Toronto. Sure enough: six days.

That said, the order shipped from Vancouver, so chances are the pre-orders will still be faster. But yeah.

Swhalen

I actually have never used paypal with FS/BB so I'm not sure. Hopefully someone else can chime in. I don't see why it would work differently than using a CC though. I just know it's a workaround for the expiration date issue.

Thank you kindly. I'll wait for a few to see if anybody knows before submitting.

Yasumi

Banned
Meh, I'm giving up on waiting for KH2.5 to be added to the promotion. Made one final order of Akiba's Trip 2, Theatrhythm, and Neptunia Re;Birth. Going to bed now so I can head out to Target early tomorrow morning.

Kyolux

Damn it BB.. almost 11pm ET, I'm tired and want to go to bed, but you won't let me save on KH 2.5 :(

I'm calling in sick tomorrow!
not

DVCY201

Best Buy trolling everyone, adding games but not adding them to the promotion. I bet they'll wait until 11:50pm and then add them.

iphys

Maybe we should just place an order with the affected games included and contact customer support to get the discount added to our orders, so we can go to bed now and they can figure it out later? Worst case we can just ask them to remove those games from our orders if they refuse to add the discount, right?

Top Bottom