• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

baconcow

Best Buy customer support is horrible, today. I had two old unshipped pre-orders that I asked to be cancelled (to allow me to re-order it at a far cheaper price). One order was cancelled without issue. The next, by another employee, was not cancelled. I was sent the whole "look at BestBuy.ca to see refund policy's...". Both orders were identical (except the game in question), but the response was inconsistent between employees. I responded to them and received a copy-past second response. Is Best Buy Canada CS always this poor and inconsistent?

J-Man

My final haul (All Games on PS4):

Amazon:
- Dragon Age Inquisition
- Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor
- NHL 15

Future Shop Order #1 - GAMES SHIPPING 2014:
- Assassin's Creed Unity [Not sure if I want this game, demo was super cool, but kinda burnt out on the AC formula]
- Far Cry 4
- Diablo III Ultimate Evil Edition
Might cancel this order before any games ship, may have my hands full with the three games in the amazon deal.

Future Shop Order #2 - GAMES SHIPPING 2015:
- Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
- Batman: Arkham Knight [Still haven't played a Batman game, but that quick demo looked awesome! I'll have to play whatever Batman game is in the PS+ Game collection]
- Bloodborne [still haven't played a Souls game, but the hype was infectious!]
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD [I wonder if this game is actually going to be a full price game]

Futureshop Orders from E3 2013:
- Final Fantasy XV
- Metal Gear Solid V
- The Witcher 3
- The Order: 1886
- Mad Max
- The Last Guardian (PS3)

Was unable to add Mass Effect 4 & Persona 5, seems like they were removed from Futureshop website.

Was considering adding Destiny, but I already have too much on this list. Now I hope I don't fall in love with the Alpha.

DVCY201

I swear to god I'm checking like every 10-15 minutes now on KH 2.5 and the shameless hope that Guilty Gear MIGHT get put up.

Ditto, lol. Their site traffic must be so high right now. And I know they're updating the pages! I've seen them add box-art for games. I don't care about the box-art! Give me Guilty Gear!!!

Swhalen

I went ahead with the order using Paypal. There are so many I missed which I would have loved to get, but here is what I pulled the trigger on.

Zelda - Wii U
Smash Bros - Wii U
Bayonetta 2 - Wii U
The Order 1886 - PS4
Destiny - PS4
The Witcher 3 -PS4
Bloodborne - PS4

i-Jest

Thank you kindly. I'll wait for a few to see if anybody knows before submitting.

I don't normally use paypal but if your just paying using that service they deduct directly whatever funds you put in your account. If your using a credit card with paypal, paypal will charge your card with the amount owing.

Someone with more paypal experience care to confirm?

zroid

Banned
Best Buy customer support is horrible, today. I had two old unshipped pre-orders that I asked to be cancelled (to allow me to re-order it at a far cheaper price). One order was cancelled without issue. The next, by another employee, was not cancelled. I was sent the whole "look at BestBuy.ca to see refund policy's...". Both orders were identical (except the game in question), but the response was inconsistent between employees. I responded to them and received a copy-past second response. Is Best Buy Canada CS always this poor and inconsistent?

I would cut them a little slack right now. They're all probably incredibly swamped while this promo is going on. You should just go ahead and make whatever pre-orders you want to, and then get them to cancel the old ones after a week or so.

Swhalen

I don't normally use paypal but if your just paying using that service they deduct directly whatever funds you put in youraccount but if your using a credit card with paypal paypal will charge your card with the ammont owing.

Someone with more paypal experience care confirm?

I decided to submit it to see for myself. It's sitting at Pending right now. I'm hoping it will deduct funds as they release.

Just thought I would mention that BB has NHL 15 Ultimate Edition PS4 for the same price as regular edition (which is the same price as the Amazon.ca copy).

Also, play Batman: Arkham Asylum and Arkham City .

Looks like it's sold out. :(

ohlawd

I would cut them a little slack right now. They're all probably incredibly swamped while this promo is going on. You should just go ahead and make whatever pre-orders you want to, and then get them to cancel the old ones after a week or so.
no, I'll give them some slack when they add MH4. How this has not been added yet is beyond me.

ok I'm being irrational :3

Returners

They said the deal ends 11:59pm PST right? So there's still time for them to change stuff around.

But still, I would like to have some sleep.

Ondore

11:59 PDT... christ, I'm going to be up until 4am in Nova Scotia, aren't I? Still holding out on them adding Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate and Persona Dancing All Night (I'd ask for Oreshika but that would take a bloody miracle at this point).

Edit: I kinda promised to order the MH4 games for my three-man hunting guild, and all the games are "Limit 2 per household". I'm screwed, right?

Jinto

I decided to grab Knack from BB today for $20 even though I said I wouldn't.

The first Theatrhythm game should be arriving tomorrow from Amazon, which I'm oddly excited about.

With all the pre-orders, and the Target sale, it's been an expensive week. Could get more expensive if they add the last few games I want or if the Target sale tomorrow is any good.

Man, it's good to have this thread moving at such a rapid pace again even if I'm spending more than I should.

ohlawd

ima jump on the PC and just camp these sites. Anytime now, guys.

11:59 PDT... christ, I'm going to be up until 4am in Nova Scotia, aren't I? Still holding out on them adding Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate and Persona Dancing All Night (I'd ask for Oreshika but that would take a bloody miracle at this point).

Edit: I kinda promised to order the MH4 games for my three-man hunting guild, and all the games are "Limit 2 per household". I'm screwed, right?
not if you order MH from the other retailer too. 2 from BB and 2 from FS.

iphys

I could order one for you guys if it appears soon.

Toad.T

Banned
Question: Do you pay for each game as it ships, or is it all at once? (Using BestBuy.ca) Need to know for certain before I go, as it's my first time.

MarkusRJR

Still not sure if I want to do another order and get Persona 4 Arena Ultimax, Persona Q, and Bayonetta 2/Yoshi's Woolly World. That's so many games coming out in such a short amount of time, there's no way I'm going to be able to play all of them.

Plus, I already have 10 games preordered.

Haligonia-gaf represent!
The NBA Finals is keeping me up, but if MH4U doesn't come up soon or Codename Steam doesn't get the E3 deal, I don't know what my third game would be.

no, I'll give them some slack when they add MH4. How this has not been added yet is beyond me.

ok I'm being irrational :3

Nah you're not being crazy. I say this as someone who is starting to get ancy at the fact that GGXrd isn't up yet. T

That and GG Xrd really should have been added earlier. Hell, they were announced even before E3 I think. GGXrd I know for sure got put up for pre-orders like 2-3 weeks ago in the US

Okay, let's see how this year went. Deep breath

The Witcher 3
The Order: 1886
Destiny
The Crew
Middle earth: Shadows of Mordor
Evolve
Batman: Arkham Knight
Lords of the Fallen
Far Cry 4
Call of Duty Advanced Warfare
Hyrule Warriors
Bayonetta 2
Dying Light
Smash Bros Wii U
Smash Bros 3DS (x2)
Pokemon Ruby
Pokemon Sapphire
Alien Isolation
Metal Gear Solid V
Dragon Age Inquisition
Diablo 3
Battlefield Hardline
Assassin's Creed Unity
Mortal Kombat X
Phoenix Wright vs Prof. Layton
Cap'n Toad
Yoshi's Woolly World
Zelda
Xenoblade Chronicles
Mario Maker
Kirby's Rainbow Curse
Last of Us Remastered
GTA V
Bloodborne
Uncharted 4
Fantasy Life
The Division

Sweet lord

MarkusRJR

WTF? I was tweeted BB that the 360 version of P4AU isn't on their system since I wanted it with the E3 deal, then they responded saying to check back later today. Now it's in their system, but not included in the E3 deal. The PS3 version is included in the deal though...

What to do...

EDIT: Double WTF? Why is Persona Q's CE not included in the deal?

explodet

I restrained myself a lot this year.
And it STILL feels like I got too much.

PS4:
Bloodborne
Destiny
Dragon Age 3: Inquisition
Little Big Planet 3

PS3:
The Last Guardian

Wii U:
Bayonetta 2
Hyrule Warriors
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros Wii U
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Yoshi's Woolly World

3DS:
Pokemon Omega Ruby
Pokemon Alpha Sapphire
Layton vs Wright

ohlawd

Still not sure if I want to do another order and get Persona 4 Arena Ultimax, Persona Q, and Bayonetta 2/Yoshi's Woolly World. That's so many games coming out in such a short amount of time, there's no way I'm going to be able to play all of them.

Plus, I already have 10 games preordered.

get Bayonetta 2 like right now. Comes with 2 (DID YOU NOT SEE THAT SUPER HYPE BOSS FIGHT WITH THE LUMEN SAGE?) and the definitive version of the best action game last gen. This is like Halo MS Collection (which is already amazing) on super steroids.

Persona Q will be the first Persona game with actual good dungeons, combat and shit in a decade. YO.

Yoshi's Woolly World for dat music. Should be a nice game to play with the significant other.

We can beat up Yukiko in P4AU.

There, my sales pitch.

iphys

According to BB's faqs for the offer, it says it's valid on all non-limited/collectors edition pre-order games, and it doesn't say the "up to" for the percentages so they can't weasel out of providing discounts like Amazon. I think we should be in the right to just place the orders and ask their customer service to adjust the discounts later, because these new games should count according to their terms.

WTF? I was tweeted BB that the 360 version of P4AU isn't on their system since I wanted it with the E3 deal, then they responded saying to check back later today. Now it's in their system, but not included in the E3 deal. The PS3 version is included in the deal though...

What to do...

Could you buy the PS3 version and take it to a store when you get it and exchange it for a 360 version? Would they even let you do that?

I get that Amazon fucked up for a few hours there on Tuesday, but they turned real skeezy real fast with their sale. The wording on the site seemed to change at least once a day, and the rules kept changing too.

Canceled all my previous pre-orders and re-ordered everything and got the 30% discount. Pretty great savings! Only game I wasn't able to pre-order was Rise of the Tomb Raider cause the PS4 edition wasn't up.

MarkusRJR

get Bayonetta 2 like right now. Comes with 2 (DID YOU NOT SEE THAT SUPER HYPE BOSS FIGHT WITH THE LUMEN SAGE?) and the definitive version of the best action game last gen. This is like Halo MS Collection (which is already amazing) on super steroids.

Persona Q will be the first Persona game with actual good dungeons, combat and shit in a decade. YO.

Yoshi's Woolly World for dat music. Should be a nice game to play with the significant other.

We can beat up Yukiko in P4AU.

There, my sales pitch.
I've decided to order P4AU and PQ Premium Edition over on FS. I still get some form of discount with one game, I guess. Now I need to buy a cheap 360 compatible fighting stick or fighting game pad. I can't play fighters for shit but I'm even worse with a 360 or PS3 game pad. Any recommendations?

I'll probably end up buying Bayonetta 2 and Yoshi's Woolly World later down the line (former as a gift probably, lots of my friends loved Bayonetta and know I like it too).

bryt

Well, I don't think Kingdom Hearts 2.5 HD will get the discount so this is my final order.

Let's see...

Wii U
Captain Toad Treasure Tracker
Zelda
Kirby & The Rainbow Curse
Hyrule Warriors
SSB Wii U
Bayonetta 2
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Yoshi's Wooly World
SMT x FE

3DS
Layton x PW
Persona 4 Q

Vita
Xblaze
HDN: Re;birth
Danganronpa 2

PS3
Persona 5
Fairy Fencer F
Far Cry 4 Kyrat Edition
Persona 4 Arena Ultimax
The Last Guardian

PS4
Final Fantasy XV
Kingdom Hearts 3
Metal Gear Solid 5
Final Fantasy Type-0
Uncharted 4
Little Big Planet 3
Bloodborne

Total: $1267.86

My god that's a lot.

So I've been going through a bunch of my Amazon.ca pre-orders to cancel some of the doubles I have as a result of re-ordering when prices dropped and whatnot. And lo and behold: THE PRE-ORDER PRICE GUARANTEE IS IN FULL EFFECT. So a bunch of my orders are now even cheaper. In addition, when Amazon updated the total-order discount from 15% to 18%, IT ALSO TOUCHED ALL THE ORIGINAL E3 ORDERS. So now I have 33% off in addition to the per-item 15% discount on some games.

NUTS.

EDIT: Actually, it wasn't EVERY E3 order, just the ones where the prices of individual items were adjusted, it looks like. My Destiny/Order 1886/Xillia 2 order still has two 15% discounts instead of a 15% and an 18%.

So I've been going through a bunch of my Amazon.ca pre-orders to cancel some of the doubles I have as a result of re-ordering when prices dropped and whatnot. And lo and behold: THE PRE-ORDER PRICE GUARANTEE IS IN FULL EFFECT. So a bunch of my orders are now even cheaper. In addition, when Amazon updated the total-order discount from 15% to 18%, IT ALSO TOUCHED ALL THE ORIGINAL E3 ORDERS. So now I have 33% off in addition to the per-item 15% discount on some games.

NUTS.

Yeah I posted about that a few pages back. I checked like, last night and earlier today and I somehow ended up with a 33% discount and it followed with me just having this evil snicker like I just cheated Amazon or something, but I feel really good about it.

The only thing I canceled from that original E3 order was Destiny, and that's cause I'm gonna get that White Destiny PS4.

bryt

NUTS.

OMG You're right I just checked. My orders have become even cheaper! That's awesome

Jinto

NUTS.

EDIT: Actually, it wasn't EVERY E3 order, just the ones where the prices of individual items were adjusted, it looks like. My Destiny/Order 1886/Xillia 2 order still has two 15% discounts instead of a 15% and an 18%.

Yeah, just checked my order. I saved another $8.00. I regret not ordering more games from Amazon, but I'm too lazy to change all my orders.

zroid

Banned
That is the nice thing about Amazon compared to BB. For games like Captain Toad which may well have lower MSRPs than are being listed right now, we'll get the pre-order price protection when the price drops, in addition to the existing promotional discount (18% of whatever the price is now).

NUTS.

Sweet lord, you're right. all of my orders are like 15-25 cheaper now. I'm paying easily an average of less than $40 a game before tax at amazon.

Top Bottom