• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

Returners

I'm still trying to find a third game, but both games are still discounted in my cart. The promo should be good for another 1/2 hr.

Edit:

Hm, I didn't checkout yet. Hopefully, that's not the case.

Do this. Keep refreshing at the checkout screen until you see KH apply for the promo. Then immediately checkout.

Also, the filler games can be Below (downloadable game) or Let it Die (F2P game).

Added KH2.5HD to cart anyway, discount applied. OHOHOHOHO

L7Xb7hv.png

RIP GUILTY GEAR AMAZON PLS

Jinto

Do this. Keep refreshing at the checkout screen until you see KH apply for the promo. Then immediately checkout.

Also, the filler games can be Below (downloadable game) or Let it Die (F2P game).

Just finished checking out, and everything worked fine. Thanks for filler recommendations. :)

kitzkozan

KH 2.5 does work indeed, even if it's not clearly indicated that the E3 discount apply. Just going to add smash and another game FTW. Lol added Ultra Street Fighter IV (PS3 version). It's cheap with the discount and I will be able to bring it back to the store if I don't care to keep it since I already have the 360 version (but want that PS3/4 arcade stick so we will see).

Lizardus

Put in an order for STEAM, Devil's third and pokemon Ruby from BB. Can't believe they don't have MH4U yet. I'll cancel and order all from Amazon if they manage to put MH4U up.

Quick

Banned
Stupid question: I set my Amazon orders to ship as they're available. That means I get charged separately, yes? I'd like to not have just dropped $400+ just now.

Also, e-mailed Amazon about Destiny and NBA 2k15 not discounting. Here's hoping for a quick fix.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Got Kingdom Hearts and STEAM. Although now I have a copy of MKX coming because I couldn't think of any other game to add before time ran out.

For people who ordered from Amazon, is there a way to see how they applied the extra discount to each game? It's not clear based on what I'm seeing if they are taking money off each game or just off the entire order.

big_z

my e3 preorder haul:

xbox and ps4: (won an xbone but im not sure if I should sell it and buy a ps4 or not so I preordered dual lists)

Ass:Unity
Far cry 4
Dragon Age
Witcher 3
Tomb Raider
Mortal Kombats
also have mgs5, destiny, ff15 ordered from last year for both consoles.

the exclusive list:
Uncharted 4
Bloodborne
The Order 1886

Forza Horizon 2
Sunset Overdrive
Halo 5: Guardians
Quantum Break

Zelda u
starfox u
Kirby u
smash u
xenoblade u
toad u

oh and I bought Mario 3d world for $30 from target because I also managed to price match a Wii U Mario & Luigi Deluxe bundle for $134 at future shop. Not sure if we can post receipts on gaf but check the RFD thread if you live in Edmonton and want to try your luck with my receipt.

Cushen

Neo Member
Probably a silly question, but can I add games to the $150 towards PS4 with 360/PS3 trade-in promotion at EB? I've never traded hardware so I'm unfamiliar with the process.

ex. 250gb 360 + Titanfall + Watch_Dogs + 2 controllers to get ~$215 towards the PS4? Or can I only trade the 360 for $150?

I was initially going to stick with my X1 for the summer and get the white PS4 in Sept but I'm not really interested in keeping the 360 after the GTA V announcement.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
I wasn't sure whether to preorder PC games since there's so many alternatives and sales. Just ended up preordering a modest 4 games:

Witcher 3
Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire
Theatrhythm Curtain Call

Even with the discount, the increased prices prevented me from going all out.

Lexxism

I just don't get it. Why add a game right when the promotion is ending?

For suspense and thrill

So I've been going through a bunch of my Amazon.ca pre-orders to cancel some of the doubles I have as a result of re-ordering when prices dropped and whatnot. And lo and behold: THE PRE-ORDER PRICE GUARANTEE IS IN FULL EFFECT. So a bunch of my orders are now even cheaper. In addition, when Amazon updated the total-order discount from 15% to 18%, IT ALSO TOUCHED ALL THE ORIGINAL E3 ORDERS. So now I have 33% off in addition to the per-item 15% discount on some games.

NUTS.

EDIT: Actually, it wasn't EVERY E3 order, just the ones where the prices of individual items were adjusted, it looks like. My Destiny/Order 1886/Xillia 2 order still has two 15% discounts instead of a 15% and an 18%.

I agree on this. This was my mistake when I first ordered from Amazon. I didn't order a lot because "they still have the increase $5/$10 on games" and I totally forgot their price guarantee policy!

Looks like Amazon stopped running the promotion too. So much for that extension.

SURPRISE.

A little sad I didn't stay up for Codename STEAM but honestly I've spent, what, $810? $720 once I kill the duplicates. That's twenty games but wallet am cry. Also, it looks like about half of that will come due in the next six months. At least July will be clear! No pre-orders for that month. Which is good because OH GOD STEAM SALE.

It was fun doing this, Canada-GAF. Between this and the Ontario election, I'm so pooped. And it's already the next morning, even!

So did Code Name: S.T.E.A.M. and Fossil Fighters: Frontier get fixed? I fell asleep waiting for them so I wasn't able to get them :( Hopefully S.T.E.A.M. comes out after next E3.

People who are checking the Target deal this morning, please keep me in touch about Wii U games deals. Like Windwaker, NSMBU, MK8 and pro controller(not a game but who knows!)

Thanks!

People who are checking the Target deal this morning, please keep me in touch about Wii U games deals. Like Windwaker, NSMBU, MK8 and pro controller(not a game but who knows!)

Thanks!

I'm curious if they have Gran Turismo 6 on sale for $29.99 like they did last week. Also looking for a Wolfenstein sale but the chances are slim. Definitely won't be 50% off.

Thanks!
Was at Centerpoint at 8:05.

Windwaker - Yes. $25
NSMBU - Yes. $25
MK8 - NOPE
Pro Controller - OOS

In fact, it looks like all the labels from last week (actually less) were applied back. And of course the stock didn't get added back.

Ondore

...you have got to be f**king me. They added the promo to KH2/Steam at 11:30 Pacific?

I... I... WHO BOOKED THIS CRAP?

I'm not even sure I can even call them to complain, I'm so gobsmacked. Just sent them an email to get the adjustment, let's see how they fix it.

iphys

Yay, BB customer service said they'd credit me the proper discount for my order I placed before STEAM was discounting properly, so the orders I'll keep are:

BB:
Zelda U $45.49
Star Fox U $45.49
Code Name STEAM $27.99

Amazon:
Splatoon $41.81
Captain Toad $41.81
Just Dance 2015 WiiU $27.87

And I still have $20 Smash Bros 3DS from FS from 2 years ago.

zroid

Banned
And I still have $20 Smash Bros 3DS from FS from 2 years ago.

I still feel really stupid for not jumping on that even though I had every opportunity and there wouldn't have been any risk. I just couldn't imagine, at the time, why I would want to get the 3DS version when a Wii U version exists.

...somehow it didn't occur to me that they could have entirely different content...

i-Jest

Just called my local Target, Stockyards Toronto, and MK 8 wasn't on sale. Only Toys and cloths. Someone care to confirm or find a loophole?

krae_man

...you have got to be f**king me. They added the promo to KH2/Steam at 11:30 Pacific?

I... I... WHO BOOKED THIS CRAP?

I'm not even sure I can even call them to complain, I'm so gobsmacked. Just sent them an email to get the adjustment, let's see how they fix it.

I placed an order of just the game and emailed asking for the 30% discount. Fingers crossed.

Decided to stick with 2014 releases for now. Preordered:

NHL 15 (Xbox One)
GTAV (PC)
The Last of Us Remastered (PS4)
Halo Master Chief Collection (Xbox One)

Quadratic

It was kind of a mess that they (BB, FS) didn't get some of the titles up until 30 mins until the promo ended.

Kind of disappointed on that front but it did kind of reign in my spending in retrospect.

Top Bottom