• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

Sealtest

Final haul including games from last year
All prices below are tax inc

Futureshop
Far cry 4 kyrat $56.49
the division $56.49
Hyrule warriors $52.45
Xenoblade $52.45
tomb raider $56.49
zelda $52.45
uncharted $56.49
mortal kombat x $56.49
mass effect 4 $56.49
Kingdom hearts 3 $45.19
final fantasy $45.19
starwars battlefront $45.19
Bayonetta 2 $45.19
super smash bros U $45.19

Amazon
Fable legends PC $55.12
splatoon $47.25
yoshis wooly world $47.25
the order 1886 premium $19.20
Pokemon ruby $35.44
Pokemon sapphire free
super smash bros 3ds $35.44
Mordor $45.04
batman $45.04
Call of duty $45.04

Just a bit below $1100, And once amazon finally changes the prices on wii u gamecube adapter and controller i'll have a final total.

if it wasn't a MH4 shirt, that wouldve probably been me lol
I feel like I'm the only one playing a Vita whenever im on the subway/bus/downtown

Let's high five, cause I play my Vita whenever I get to sit down on the metro trains as well in Toronto. I usually just play some indie game though when I'm on the train.

zroid

Banned
if it wasn't a MH4 shirt, that wouldve probably been me lol
I feel like I'm the only one playing a Vita whenever im on the subway/bus/downtown

I did see someone playing a Vita in public one time last summer. I had to pinch myself to ensure I wasn't imagining it. Still the only such occasion, though. :(

I am part of the problem unfortunately because I can't be arsed to carry both a 3DS and Vita on the go simultaneously, and I need to take my 3DS everywhere due to StreetPass. Them's the breaks.

Shoe786

For people worried about Amazon shipping items late, I preordered UFC when the 30% deal was active and it shipped on wednesday. Right now UPS has the status as "out for delivery." The game is launching next tuesday.

Every game i have preordered from them has either been on time or arrived before the launch day. I'm a Prime member so i wonder if that has anything to do with it.

Sora_N

I did see someone playing a Vita in public one time last summer. I had to pinch myself to ensure I wasn't imagining it. Still the only such occasion, though. :(

I am part of the problem unfortunately because I can't be arsed to carry both a 3DS and Vita on the go simultaneously, and I need to take my 3DS everywhere due to StreetPass. Them's the breaks.

I've only seen one person play Vita in public...OTHER than me.

I've been leaving my Vita at home for the past few months though, I usually youtube or netflix in bed, love my Vita a lot. I finished Rocky 1-4 on my Vita lol, super handy.

Lately I started playing MH3U on my 3DS. I think I'm the only guy ever that brings the Circle Pad Pro with him everywhere hahaha. I don't even streetpass anymore.

DrEvil

not a medical professional
Need to know this too, MK8 with gamepad aint cutting it.

The only way to play MK8...
10375783_895942740422082_1461775084_n.jpg

Did this mod myself, plays exactly like SNES, so fucking good.

beta_fuse

I don't know if this has already been posted but Wal-Mart has $40 off 3DSXLs online. I think if you buy in store you get a $40 gift card. Not bad for those who decided to pre-order 3DS games from the E3 deals but have yet to buy a 3DS lol

Banned
Well, it's all over now..

My wallet is crying.. good thing it's not all at once.

Lord of The Fallen - PlayStation 4 45.30
Middle Earth Shadow of Mordor (PC) 34.84
PS4 The Last of Us Remastered 48.79
Splatoon - Wii U 41.81
Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker - Wii U 41.81
One Piece Unlimited World Red Day One Edition for PlayStation 3 34.84
Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright Ace Attourney 3DS 31.36
Hyrule Warriors - Wii U 45.30
Batman: Arkham Knight - PlayStation 4 48.79
Little Big Planet 3 - PlayStation 4 41.81
Bloodborne - PlayStation 4 41.81
Uncharted 4 - PlayStation 4 41.81
Final Fantasy Type-0 HD (PlayStation 4) 48.99
Zelda (Nintendo Wii U) 45.49
Mario Party 10 (Nintendo Wii U) 45.49
Star Fox (Nintendo Wii U) 45.49
Pokemon Alpha Sapphire (Nintendo 3DS) 31.49
Starwars Battlefront (PlayStation 4) 48.99
Kingdom Hearts 2.5 HD Remix (PlayStation 3) 31.49
Total for this year: 795.70

Metal Gear Solid V 39.99
Xeneblade Chronicle X 39.99
Yoshi Woolly World 39.99
Final Fantasy XV 39.99
Bayonetta 2 39.99
Kingdom Hearts 3 39.99
Super Smash Bros 39.99
Total left for last year: 279.93

Final Total: 1075.63

Average at $41.37 per game.
tumblr_mdn7wzBL2d1ri9yduo1_250.gif

That's quite the disposable income.

dream

For people worried about Amazon shipping items late, I preordered UFC when the 30% deal was active and it shipped on wednesday. Right now UPS has the status as "out for delivery." The game is launching next tuesday.

Every game i have preordered from them has either been on time or arrived before the launch day. I'm a Prime member so i wonder if that has anything to do with it.

I think it might be. Here's my order for the same game:

Not yet shipped
Delivery Estimate:
Thursday, June 26, 2014 - Monday, June 30, 2014
Order Placed:
9-Jun-14

I paid for standard shopping too.

Hey guys - seen a few posts regarding Best Buy reward zone deal...what are the details? I'm a member already but must have missed his info. Thanks!

The games on that list are spread out over three years. I have a bigger list and it's manageable.

Yeah, that's my thoughts as well. Plus, I'm not a collector. So I'll be taking the "circle of life" approach of getting games, beating them, trading them into best buy, then applying the credit to future orders.

Kieli

$1000 for games isn't all that bad. This is spread out over the span of 2 years (2014 and 2015).

Honestly, you could easily spend that much eating out or playing golf or whatnot.

Yeah, that's my thoughts as well. Plus, I'm not a collector. So I'll be taking the "circle of life" approach of getting games, beating them, trading them into best buy, then applying the credit to future orders.

FS/BB need to bring back the 2 for $60 deal. I miss it so. Yeah, I'll be doing the same thing. The expense is heavy up front but after trades and the credit I will be getting from Reward Zone I should end up with a few free games by the end of it.

How many points do we get per game? I'm still not entirely clear.

My list is bigger, and I'm not worried as it's over the course of a few years as well as always being able to return what you don't end up wanting. Securing the cheaper price is the smart thing to do, in my opinion. Why leave a game off the list and then regret that you could have snagged it for much cheaper than $70 when it launches?

bryt

Anyone know if the Target sale only shows up after you ring the game up at the cashier? I headed to the Metrotown Target during my lunch break, but the games were all still at their original prices. I didn't have time to ask a clerk since I was running late and had to get back to work.

kitzkozan

My final haul for the year is solid and within reason.

July:
The Last of Us remastered

August:
Metro: Redux?
Ultra SFIV (PS3)

September:
Destiny

October:
Bayonetta 2

November:
Grand Theft auto V (PS4)?

December:
Kingdom Heart 2.5 HD ReMIX
Super Smash bros. Wii U?

2015:
Metal Gear Solid V: The phantom pain

suikodan

Anyone know if the Target sale only shows up after you ring the game up at the cashier? I headed to the Metrotown Target during my lunch break, but the games were all still at their original prices. I didn't have time to ask a clerk since I was running late and had to get back to work.

The Target rebates are very YMMV. I visited 3 Target stores and each of them had different prices on different products and had paper stating that each store MAY have different prices and WON'T match.

My list is bigger, and I'm not worried as it's over the course of a few years as well as always being able to return what you don't end up wanting. Securing the cheaper price is the smart thing to do, in my opinion. Why leave a game off the list and then regret that you could have snagged it for much cheaper than $70 when it launches?

Exactly! Last year I got anxious cuz I ordered so many, so I cancelled a couple orders. And then of course I ended up getting a couple of the games anyway, at full price. A complete waste. Worst case scenario, if you truly regret a purchase, you can return it. No harm in at least securing it at $45

Kyolux

Pretty much this.

I don't trade-in games usually though. And over the last year, didn't return anything I received. But there's at least 4-5 in this list (maybe more, I didn't really count) that I might just return instead of opening up or try to sell for a bit of profit on Kijiji.

Lexxism

What's more, we don't know if the dollar will rise or fall in the next few years or so. Maybe in the next 2 year the games are in the 80-90% now.

Shoe786

I think it might be. Here's my order for the same game:

Not yet shipped
Delivery Estimate:
Thursday, June 26, 2014 - Monday, June 30, 2014
Order Placed:
9-Jun-14

I paid for standard shopping too.

Hmm, my order was for the PS4, was yours on PS4 as well? I'm just curious if Prime really is the reason mine shipped already.

Luigi87

So 2.5HD went up at like 2:30AM EDT?
... I am so freaking annoyed right now -_-

Oh well, at least I got my other orders in.

ohlawd

as usual, nothing at my Target at Central City.

iirc, LRFF, FFX/X-2 and a buncha Lego games were on sale. About 10-20 bucks off. The Lego stuff come with a $10 gift card.

It does. Having Prime gets you expedited shipping on all your orders.

just noticed your avatar

that's nice

Oneself

There still is a videogame clearance sale at Staples/Bureau en Gros. Most XBone games are 39.99$ (mostly Forza, Dead Rising, Plants vs Zombies, Ryse, COD). PS4 games are a bit overpriced (KZ & Knack @ 49.99$ each) but it's worth digging for older games. I got MG Revengeance for 17$ (PS3).

There still is a videogame clearance sale at Staples/Bureau en Gros. Most XBone games are 39.99$ (mostly Forza, Dead Rising, Plants vs Zombies, Ryse, COD). PS4 games are a bit overpriced (KZ & Knack @ 49.99$ each) but it's worth digging for older games. I got MG Revengeance for 17$ (PS3).

$10 new at EB.

baconcow

Many over those games come out over the course of like 18 months, some more. Disposible income would be like someone purchasing all those at once and paying all at once, and even then, it is a relatively small purchase. Over 2 years, 1k is less than $50/month. Even someone with a minimum wage job could potentially afford that without needing to say $50 is disposible income. Saying this to somone only has the potential to make people feel insecure about their purchases. Whereas, people like myself are pre-ordering many games because they want to save some money on things they love; our hobby. What dobyou expect, this is NeoGAF!

When someone buys a $100,000 roofless car in Yellowknife... maybe disposible income would be a more appropriate thing to say.

So my final list of pre-orders:

Last year from Future Shop:
Super Smash Bros. for 3DS $30.13
Bayonetta 2 $45.19
Super Smash Bros. for Wii U $45.19
Yoshi's Woolly World $45.19
Xenoblade Chronicles X $45.19
Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem $45.19

This year from Best Buy:
Pokémon Alpha Sapphire $30.13
Fantasy Life $31.63
Story of Seasons $35.58
Hyrule Warriors $51.40
Captain Toad Treasure Tracker $51.40
Splatoon $51.40
Kirby & The Rainbow Curse $51.40
The Legend of Zelda: U $45.19
Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare $31.63
Destiny $55.36
Bloodborne $55.36
Star Wars Battlefront $55.36
Kingdom Hearts III $55.36
Final Fantasy XV $55.36

So around $900 in pre-orders for the next 2-3 years. I was going to pre-order Code Name S.T.E.A.M., Fossil Fighters: Frontier, and Mario Maker as a third order, but I was asleep by the time Code Name S.T.E.A.M. and Fossil Fighters were given the discount.

dream

Hmm, my order was for the PS4, was yours on PS4 as well? I'm just curious if Prime really is the reason mine shipped already.

Yup. Mine's for PS4 too.

Now that I think about it though...

DELIVERY ESTIMATE: Thursday, June 26, 2014 - Monday, June 30, 2014 by 8:00pm
EA Sports UFC - PlayStation 4 EA Sports UFC - PlayStation 4
Sold by Amazon.com.ca, Inc.
RELEASE DATE
Tuesday, June 17, 2014

If I'm paying for standard shipping, how is a minimum of 9 days for shipping even remotely cool?

Banned
The games on that list are spread out over three years. I have a bigger list and it's manageable.

Many over those games come out over the course of like 18 months, some more. Disposible income would be like someone purchasing all those at once and paying all at once, and even then, it is a relatively small purchase. Over 2 years, 1k is less than $50/month. Even someone with a minimum wage job could potentially afford that without needing to say $50 is disposible income. Saying this to somone only has the potential to make people feel insecure about their purchases. Whereas, people like myself are pre-ordering many games because they want to save some money on things they love; our hobby. What dobyou expect, this is NeoGAF!

When someone buys a $100,000 roofless car in Yellowknife... maybe disposible income would be a more appropriate thing to say.

I didn't know Amazon charged by each game shipped. I thought it was all at once, at least that was the impression I got when I had the games in my cart and was about to checkout.

Totally agree!
As usual every year I'm having trouble viewing my biggest order on BB website, other smaller orders are ok though!

Seik

Banned
Made up two orders during E3.

$682,97 total, even more than last year. ;_;

One chance the payments are only done when each games are shipped. :D

baconcow

I didn't know Amazon charged by each game shipped. I thought it was all at once, at least that was the impression I got when I had the games in my cart and was about to checkout.

It is because they charge on shipping (Amazon, BB, FS) that allows people to do this. If people didn't do this, yet bought in launch, they would pay much more. For example, spending $1,500 on games at 30% off shows savings of over $700 after tax is factored in (15%, in my province; $1,750 vs. $2,464).

Zing

Banned
Off topic but how is Tek Savvy DSL? Might switch from their cable service. Like that 10mb upload.
It's just Bell resale.

I switched from Teksavvy DSL four years ago and would never change back. Either having a land line or a dry loop is a frustrating extra cost, plus you get less bandwidth than you think, since PPPOE has about 15% overhead.

MarkusRJR

So apparently my browser fucked up and it added 2 copies of Halo 5 to my cart during the E3 sale. I didn't realise and accidentally preordered them.

Is it possible to go into the order and cancel one of the copies? Will it remove any savings or fuck up the order in any way (there's like 7 games in the order)?

What's the plan for the weekend Canada GAF?

It's been pouring here in Montreal for the last couple of days.

So apparently my browser fucked up and it added 2 copies of Halo 5 to my cart during the E3 sale. I didn't realise and accidentally preordered them.

Is it possible to go into the order and cancel one of the copies? Will it remove any savings or fuck up the order in any way (there's like 7 games in the order)?

If FS/BB, you will have to call them in. Nothing to worry, it can be sorted out. I think you can do it online for Amazon but I'm not sure if you can edit the quantities. I know you can cancel an item individually. Either way, customer service can help you.

You will have to contact the customer service either by email or phone and they will do it for you, don't even try doing it online!
Edit: I was talking about BB/FS!
What's the plan for the weekend Canada GAF?

It's been pouring here in Montreal for the last couple of days.

Means it's a good time and excuse to play some video games!

Top Bottom