• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

Lexxism

Just called my local Target, Stockyards Toronto, and MK 8 wasn't on sale. Only Toys and cloths. Someone care to confirm or find a loophole?

A few posts above mentioned that MK8 is not part of the deal.

Was at Centerpoint at 8:05.

Windwaker - Yes. $25
NSMBU - Yes. $25
MK8 - NOPE
Pro Controller - OOS

In fact, it looks like all the labels from last week (actually less) were applied back. And of course the stock didn't get added back.

suikodan

Was at Centerpoint at 8:05.

Windwaker - Yes. $25
NSMBU - Yes. $25
MK8 - NOPE
Pro Controller - OOS

In fact, it looks like all the labels from last week (actually less) were applied back. And of course the stock didn't get added back.

Do you remember seeing any XBone stock on sale?

Just called my local Target, Stockyards Toronto, and MK 8 wasn't on sale. Only Toys and cloths. Someone care to confirm or find a loophole?

Hmm. Someone on Red Flag had a list of games on sale there.

Didn't mention Mario Kart though. They did have GT6 for $30. I might head there to grab that.

Lexxism

Hmm. Someone on Red Flag had a list of games on sale there.

YMMV

Ps3
bioshock 15
metal gear vegence 15
gt6 30
Castlevania collection 20
ffv reborn 20
far cry conplation 20
rc nexus 15

ac black flag 25
theif 32.50
Fc lightning returns 39
rayman legends 30

Ps4:
Ghosts 30
angry birds 25
tomb raider definitive ed 39

Xb1:
Dead rising 30
rayman legends 22.50
ghosts 30
forza 30
Ryse 20

3ds
Pokemon mystery 24.49 clearance
Micky power of illusion 15
Lego movie 20
hobbit 20
Castlevania might? 20.49 clearance
tales of abyss 20

Wiiu:
Wiiu party 25
wiiu fit 25
super Mario 3d 30
super Luigi 15

Ps3
bioshock 15
metal gear vegence 15
gt6 30
Castlevania collection 20
ffv reborn 20
far cry conplation 20
rc nexus 15

ac black flag 25
theif 32.50
Fc lightning returns 39
rayman legends 30

Ps4:
Ghosts 30
angry birds 25
tomb raider definitive ed 39

Xb1:
Dead rising 30
rayman legends 22.50
ghosts 30
forza 30
Ryse 20

3ds
Pokemon mystery 24.49 clearance
Micky power of illusion 15
Lego movie 20
hobbit 20
Castlevania might? 20.49 clearance

Wiiu:

Wiiu party 25
wiiu fit 25
super Mario 3d 30
super Luigi 15

nds
tales of abyss 20
Definitely a YMMV, both for stock and game that is discounted. I've never seen Tales of the Abyss at any of the 4 Targets here (Centerpoint, Hillcrest, Aurora, Newmarket) But yes, this is identical to the list that was last week.

Wii Remotes are $20, and Nunchuck and Pedometer are 10

The Wii U Party, if you do see it, is a steal, because it's the remote bundle with the game.

Kyolux

Well, it's all over now..

My wallet is crying.. good thing it's not all at once.

Lord of The Fallen - PlayStation 4 45.30
Middle Earth Shadow of Mordor (PC) 34.84
PS4 The Last of Us Remastered 48.79
Splatoon - Wii U 41.81
Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker - Wii U 41.81
One Piece Unlimited World Red Day One Edition for PlayStation 3 34.84
Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright Ace Attourney 3DS 31.36
Hyrule Warriors - Wii U 45.30
Batman: Arkham Knight - PlayStation 4 48.79
Little Big Planet 3 - PlayStation 4 41.81
Bloodborne - PlayStation 4 41.81
Uncharted 4 - PlayStation 4 41.81
Final Fantasy Type-0 HD (PlayStation 4) 48.99
Zelda (Nintendo Wii U) 45.49
Mario Party 10 (Nintendo Wii U) 45.49
Star Fox (Nintendo Wii U) 45.49
Pokemon Alpha Sapphire (Nintendo 3DS) 31.49
Starwars Battlefront (PlayStation 4) 48.99
Kingdom Hearts 2.5 HD Remix (PlayStation 3) 31.49
Total for this year: 795.70

Metal Gear Solid V 39.99
Xeneblade Chronicle X 39.99
Yoshi Woolly World 39.99
Final Fantasy XV 39.99
Bayonetta 2 39.99
Kingdom Hearts 3 39.99
Super Smash Bros 39.99
Total left for last year: 279.93

Final Total: 1075.63

Average at $41.37 per game.

suikodan

Ps3
Xb1:
Dead rising 30

Hopefully I can find it at a Target north shore of Montreal (anyone? ;) and use the extra 5$ coupon on it.

I bought Ryse at 20$ earlier this week and DR3 is the next one I want. I know BB had a 3 for 99$ sale but I didn't care about a 3rd game.

big_z

Question: I want to order a screen protector from best buy but avoid shipping. If I add something like Trine 2 Directors Cut (Wii U) to my order can I cancel it once I receive the screen protector or will they bill me for the shipping if I try to do so?

The Wii U Party, if you do see it, is a steal, because it's the remote bundle with the game.

check staples for the wii u party. they can be found for $10 with wii mote.

Yup and just wait for those items to be shipped from Bestbuy, Futureshop and of course Amazon. I think I might not visit the thread during those dates lol

FS/BB probably everyone orderer from them in the past and they know what to expect. However, Amazon is a whole new story. Some people have no idea how late they can ship, lol.

NeoZylom

Hi guys. I preordered 9 games from Best Buy and saw that awesome deal with the Reward Zone. I didn't have a reward zone membership going, so I registered afterward. Will I still get the points if I registered for Reward Zone after I preordered all the games?

Also, how does the Reward Zone work? Do I have to link my BestBuy account to my Reward Zone account? I'm not sure I fully understand lol.

Hi guys. I preordered 9 games from Best Buy and saw that awesome deal with the Reward Zone. I didn't have a reward zone membership going, so I registered afterward. Will I still get the points if I registered for Reward Zone after I preordered all the games?

Also, how does the Reward Zone work? Do I have to link my BestBuy account to my Reward Zone account? I'm not sure I fully understand lol.

Is your rewards zone membership ID listed on your preorders?

I think you need to have had it ahead of time.

iphys

You might be able to edit your number into your orders. Also, did you remember to sign up for Gamers Club to get double points on games?

NeoZylom

Is your rewards zone membership ID listed on your preorders?

I think you need to have had it ahead of time.

No :( Do you think I could write to BestBuy CS? It's 180$ after all.

You might be able to edit your number into your orders. Also, did you remember to sign up for Gamers Club to get double points on games?

Hmmm. How can I edit my orders? And yes I signed up for Gamers Club!

zroid

Banned
Geez, I just did the tally for games releasing in 2014 alone, and I preordered about $400 worth. That's way more than I was expecting. This is gonna be rough. And the crazy part is they are almost entirely Wii U and 3DS games... the only exception is Freedom Wars...

I can't even imagine how bad it'd be if I were getting XB1 and/or PS4 stuff too.

Code:
August: Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright ($31.49)
September: Hyrule Warriors ($45.49), Theatrhythm Curtain Call ($31.49)
October: Smash Bros 3DS ($26.77), Fantasy Life ($27.99), Bayonetta 2 ($38.67)
November: Pokemon Alpha Sapphire ($26.77)
Fall 2014: Persona Q ($34.99)
Holiday 2014: Captain Toad (temp $41.81), Smash Bros Wii U ($38.67)
TBA 2014: Freedom Wars ($20.90), Story of Seasons ($31.49)

Yes, but you should be able to register your orders after the fact on the Reward Zone site in the worst case (you need your invoice number, which you should have on the order status page or in emails). But since Best Buy doesn't even record RZ points until they ship out, you might be able to edit the orders (or your account) with an RZ account number anyways.

Keep the Reward Zone site in mind, though, since even people who attached their account properly have had problems with points awarding properly. You might have to use it regardless!

Anony

i thought someone here said that amazon was going to extend the e3 promo
i was literally waiting for 3ds and wii u games to be added, so i left the games in my cart :(

Lexxism

i thought someone here said that amazon was going to extend the e3 promo
i was literally waiting for 3ds and wii u games to be added, so i left the games in my cart :(

You should had just ordered the games that you want and use their live chat if you have any games that you want to add. Thats what I did with my amazon order but too bad they can't add (or they just dont want to) any items to my 30% off order.

explodet

Well, it's all over now..

My wallet is crying.. good thing it's not all at once.

Final Total: 1075.63
Average at $41.37 per game.
Decided to crunch some numbers too.
If I had bought all my E3 games at regular price I would have spent almost exactly $1000 ($999.90) including tax. Instead I'm spending $665.65, which is a savings of 334.25 (33.4%). Average game is $42.08.

Not too shabby!

iphys

Login to check your order status, click on the order number, and look to the lower right and see if it gives you the option to enter a reward zone number for the order.

If that doesn't work, you probably could just e-mail their customer service with your reward zone number and order numbers to ask if they can add it for you.

Vinc

I've been looking for the following games, anyone could tell me if they're part of the Target deal? Bonus points if in the Montreal area.

They are:

Fire Emblem Awakening
Kirby Triple Deluxe
Mario Tennis Open

Kyolux

You can add in your purchases once you have the receipt (so when they ship) in the RewardZone site. I imagine that works for pre-orders too.

Decided to crunch some numbers too.
If I had bought all my E3 games at regular price I would have spent almost exactly $1000 ($999.90) including tax. Instead I'm spending $665.65, which is a savings of 334.25 (33.4%). Average game is $42.08.

Not too shabby!

Yeah, seems like I'm saving over 600 calculating things with tax. (based on MSRP)

Geez, I just did the tally for games releasing in 2014 alone, and I preordered about $400 worth. That's way more than I was expecting. This is gonna be rough. And the crazy part is they are almost entirely Wii U and 3DS games... the only exception is Freedom Wars...

I can't even imagine how bad it'd be if I were getting XB1 and/or PS4 stuff too.

Code:
August: Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright ($31.49)
September: Hyrule Warriors ($45.49), Theatrhythm Curtain Call ($31.49)
October: Smash Bros 3DS ($26.77), Fantasy Life ($27.99), Bayonetta 2 ($38.67)
November: Pokemon Alpha Sapphire ($26.77)
Fall 2014: Persona Q ($34.99)
Holiday 2014: Captain Toad (temp $41.81), Smash Bros Wii U ($38.67)
TBA 2014: Freedom Wars ($20.90), Story of Seasons ($31.49)

I was curious about that too now that you bring it up...

One Piece Unlimited World Red Day One Edition - July 8, 2014 34.84
The Last of Us Remastered - July 29, 2014 48.79
Prof Layton VS. Phoenix Wright - August 29, 2014 31.36
Lord of the Fallen - September 23, 2014 45.30
Hyrule Warriors - September 26, 2014 45.30
Shadow of Mordor - October 7, 2014 34.84
Bayonetta 2 - October, 2014 39.99
Little Big Planet 3 - November 18, 2014 41.81
Kingdom Hearts 2.5 HD Remix - December 2, 2014 31.49
Captain Toad - Holiday 2014 41.81
Super Smash Bros - Holiday 2014 39.99

So 435.52 for the rest of the year. Moneywise, for me it's fine. Time-wise.. it's only going to help my backlog.

Oh forgot Pokemon, but that's for my wife..

Huh, so right now this is what my release schedule looks like:

August:
Disgaea 4R
Hyper Dimension Neptunia Rebirth
Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright

September:
Super Danganronpa 2
Hyrule Warriors
Theatrhythm Final Fantasy Curtain Call
Natural Doctrine
Persona 4 Arena Ultimax

October:
Drive Club
Bayonetta 2
Smash Bros 3DS

November:
LittleBigPlanet 3

TBA Most Likely 2014 Games:
Persona Q Premium Edition
Akiba's Trip
Kingdom Hearts 2.5HD
Fantasy Life

2015:
Mortal Kombat X
Uncharted 4
Bloodborne
Metal Gear Solid 5 Phantom Pain
The Order 1866
Devil's Third
Star Fox U
Zelda U
Persona 5 (Muh 34.99)
Codename: STEAM
Final Fantasy Type-0
Smash Bros 4 Wii U

Never Coming Out:
Final Fantasy XV
Kingdom Hearts 3
SMT x Fire Emblem

RIP Games That Didn't Make It:
Guilty Gear Xrd
Persona Dancing All Night

I wouldn't be buying 3/4 of these games if they weren't at a discount. The rest of the stuff I want is on PC, like Call of Duty Advanced Warfare and Battlefield Hardline

khaaan

I was taking the subway in Toronto recently and I saw a guy with a Monster Hunter 4 shirt playing a Vita, it was like seeing a unicorn.

I emailed Amazon about applying additional discount to the order I placed before the "fixed" everything but they wont do it. I was looking at my order and I had a question, how will they price/charge the items when each of them individually ship? Before the promotions are applied each game is pretty expensive.

6 games from Amazon:

Witcher 3
Pokemon OR
Pokemon AS
Dragon Age
Smash Wii U
Smash 3DS ($51 for some reason)

Was going to get Zelda and Starfox from BB but ran into the expiry date thing and I figure I could just pre-order them next year.

ahdurian

I was taking the subway in Toronto recently and I saw a guy with a Monster Hunter 4 shirt playing a Vita, it was like seeing a unicorn.

I emailed Amazon about applying additional discount to the order I placed before the "fixed" everything but they wont do it. I was looking at my order and I had a question, how will they price/charge the items when each of them individually ship? Before the promotions are applied each game is pretty expensive.

if it wasn't a MH4 shirt, that wouldve probably been me lol
I feel like I'm the only one playing a Vita whenever im on the subway/bus/downtown

Lizardus

Best Buy

Xenoblade Chronicles $45.49
Zelda WiiU $45.49
Star Fox WiiU $45.49
Kirby & The Rainbow Curse $45.49
Splatoon $45.49
Super Smash Bros. (3DS) $31.49
Super Smash Bros. (WiiU) $45.49
Bayonetta 2 $45.49
Fantasy Life $27.99
Yoshi's Woolly World $45.49