• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

btkadams

Just picked up sin & punishment at Futureshop for $5! Sweet! It's used but in mint condition. I can't see any marks on the disc at all.

ohlawd

well, I'm pretty much Atlus' whore when it comes to their JRPGs so I'm willing to pay the Atlus tax. Their shit goes on sale so often you'd figure everyone is conditioned to just wait until then.

Just picked up sin & punishment at Futureshop for $5! Sweet! It's used but in mint condition. I can't see any marks on the disc at all.

Enjoy. Crazy game is crazy.

I'm totally cool with this. If this is the price they need to charge to get the games over to us and keep themselves in business, fine by me. I highly doubt that Atlus is making hand over fist so I have no problem supporting them.

same. not to mention, i usually end up spending more time playing a game like smt4 or this one than i will many more-expensive console titles...

XBP

Does anyone have any experience in dealing with ncix? I'm thinking of ordering a monitor from there so wondering if their shipping time to canada is decent?

Lizardus

Does anyone have any experience in dealing with ncix? I'm thinking of ordering a monitor from there so wondering if their shipping time to canada is decent?

Ordered PC parts beginning of the year, everything arrived great with lots of padding and neat packaging.

Seik

Banned

Bought tons of stuff with them. They're pretty fast with the deliveries and I never had any problems with them.

XBP

Ordered PC parts beginning of the year, everything arrived great with lots of padding and neat packaging.

NCIX is based in Canada, so its all very fast.

Bought tons of stuff with them. They're pretty fast with the deliveries and I never had any problems with them.

Thanks a lot for the replies guys. Their prices on quite a few things are much better than amazon's so i wasn't sure if their service would be good or not.

Thinking of getting their 3 years coverage as well. Seems rather cheap for only 28$.

Always do in store pickup but really like NCIX over Newegg.

Didn't realize that they had actual presence in Canada. They dont seem to have any offices in Alberta though so i'm kinda out of luck.

Someone I know is getting rid of his Tomb raider for PS4, $20-25.

It is cheap and I want to get it but I have this guilt. I know that once I beat it, I will never touch it again. What do you guys think?

I did pre-order it at $34.99. I wouldn't have otherwise.

Atlus doesn't have anywhere near enough of a pro-consumer history to be given the benefit of the doubt to the extent you are giving them. When they're pretty much the only company charging a $10 premium for games, I don't see why we should, until evidence actually presents itself.

I kind of agree, even though I will buy a lot of things if they have the Persona name on them. E3 deal made this more palatable but there's practically no reason for the $10 premium this time. Tarot cards? You've got to be kidding me. Meanwhile I have copies of Etrian Odyssey Untold and Etrian Odyssey IV that came with CDs and cost only $39.99, which to be fair is pretty generous for first-print goodies even if the CDs are just "musical selection" EPs.

i-Jest

It is cheap and I want to get it but I have this guilt. I know that once I beat it, I will never touch it again. What do you guys think?

Mind games are mind games. Tomb Raidar has plenty of replay value :p Is that the cheapest you've seen it for?

It's a good game and this is a very good price especially if you get it for $20 ;)

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
I played the Destiny beta right after the FS/BB/Amazon deal ended, and I'm hopelessly addicted. There's no way to get the game for less than $70 +tax now, is it...? :(

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
I played the Destiny beta right after the FS/BB/Amazon deal ended, and I'm hopelessly addicted. There's no way to get the game for less than $70 +tax now, is it...? :(

Unless you wait until the launch, and get it from Kijiji.

and you mean Alpha, beta is next month.

Where do you live?

I think I have couple of preorders, one from Amazon and other from futureShop last years E3. Not sure which one is cheaper but I think they both are $20 cheaper than retail.

I'm in Montreal by the way.

mdubs

Banned
I did pre-order it at $34.99. I wouldn't have otherwise.

Atlus doesn't have anywhere near enough of a pro-consumer history to be given the benefit of the doubt to the extent you are giving them. When they're pretty much the only company charging a $10 premium for games, I don't see why we should, until evidence actually presents itself.

I guess you are right, Atlus has violated your sacred, god-given right to buy their games at $39.99 at launch instead of $49.99. I don't understand why you think they are being greedy for the sake of being greedy, businesses price their products according to how much the market will bear in addition to what they need to make a profit. Atlus is guilty of the crime of doing the same thing here.

Walmart has Far Cry 4 and Assassin's Creed Unity on for $49.96, hopefully Amazon will be nice and drop their prices so our E3 orders will reflect this price.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Where do you live?

I think I have couple of preorders, one from Amazon and other from futureShop last years E3. Not sure which one is cheaper but I think they both are $20 cheaper than retail.

I'm in Montreal by the way.

I'm in Montreal too! But now that I think about it, I'll be swimming in games when this will release (Hyrule Warriors, Danganronpa 2, Bayonetta 2, Smash...).

Thanks for offering, but I think waiting for a price drop would be better for my wallet, even if playing this on release day is tempting...!

I'm in Montreal too! But now that I think about it, I'll be swimming in games when this will release (Hyrule Warriors, Danganronpa 2, Bayonetta 2, Smash...).

Thanks for offering, but I think waiting for a price drop would be better for my wallet, even if playing this on release day is tempting...!

It's your call but I don't see Destiny dropping less than $40 anytime this year but who knows. Only if it bombs and I don't think it will.

Any of you guys ever received random answers from one of your kijiji ad? This guy just wrote to me to tell me that he found my game NEW(he used caps on that word) at Walmart last week for 10$ less.

Good for you? Mine is also new, different edition and his price seems to have been a temporary sale. People sometimes... Anyway, I was just wondering if it was common practice! Haha

XBP

Damn, getting a console can be expensive. So as i previously mentioned, i had missed out on the entire last console generation due to various reasons and because the current gen doesn't really interest me at all (most games are coming in 2015 anyway), i went ahead and bought a PS3. Got myself the following

- PS3 TLOU bundle
- PS+ sub
- Fifa 14

Total for this was 380, which isn't that bad i guess. Plus i've ordered GTA5 from amazon so that should be here soon. Its a shame uncharted 3 isn't on ps plus anymore, would've been great to get that for free. Now just waiting for that monitor from ncix.

I guess with these three games and some of the free PS+ games i should be fine for a while. Does anyone know if this list of current PS+ instant game collection titles is accurate?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Instant_Game_Collection_games_(North_America)

i-Jest

For a PS4 copy, yes. I don't usually buy used games, kinda why I'm debating. Last used game I bought was almost two years ago.

Well if there's no harm in it then go for it. Is this copy in acceptable condition?

Damn, getting a console can be expensive. So as i previously mentioned, i had missed out on the entire last console generation due to various reasons and because the current gen doesn't really interest me at all (most games are coming in 2015 anyway), i went ahead and bought a PS3. Got myself the following

- PS3 TLOU bundle
- PS+ sub
- Fifa 14

Total for this was 380, which isn't that bad i guess. Plus i've ordered GTA5 from amazon so that should be here soon. Its a shame uncharted 3 isn't on ps plus anymore, would've been great to get that for free. Now just waiting for that monitor from ncix.

I guess with these three games and some of the free PS+ games i should be fine for a while. Does anyone know if this list of current PS+ instant game collection titles is accurate?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Instant_Game_Collection_games_(North_America)

I'd check playstation blog for an updated list of the instant games collection but here's the June line up. Scroll down.

http://us.playstation.com/playstation-plus/

nath999

Any of you guys ever received random answers from one of your kijiji ad? This guy just wrote to me to tell me that he found my game NEW(he used caps on that word) at Walmart last week for 10$ less.

Good for you? Mine is also new, different edition and his price seems to have been a temporary sale. People sometimes... Anyway, I was just wondering if it was common practice! Haha

Kijiji/Craigslist can be so Random at times, I put my iPhone 4s up for sale and this one guy kept emailing me about different trades for various brands of cigarettes.

I have done that before. People try to sell their games used for more than it is available new, even though they aren't rare.

BadWolf

Yup, exact same thing happened to me when I put a game up for sale.

Jinto

Went to Target earlier. They had some Wii U Pro controllers, but I guess they aren't on sale anymore. :(

I did grab Tales of the Abyss for $15 even though I already have the PS2 version.

khaaan

The Wal-Mart near me has a huuuuugggggeeee stack of them but they insist on charging $70, same with Other M. Great deal on your part though, it's a fun game.

Takao

Banned
I didn't notice that they removed the year long games... did they even announce new ones to replace them?

No more yearly games. The Instant Game Collection will consist of 6 games per month, split so you get 2 titles for PS3/PSV/PS4. Beginning next month, they'll all be available on a single day, rather than spread throughout the month.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
No more yearly games. The Instant Game Collection will consist of 6 games per month, split so you get 2 titles for PS3/PSV/PS4. Beginning next month, they'll all be available on a single day, rather than spread throughout the month.
Ahh, makes sense.

flkraven

YMMV

I scored myself a Turtle Beach Ear Force XC1 Xbox 360 headset for $12.50 from target.

http://www.turtlebeach.com/product-...force-xc1/52?gclid=CLHW_s7P_r4CFc9j7AodSCQAxA

I'm sure it's not incredible or anything, but $12.50 for turtle beach is a win. They had another turtle beach headset under $20, but can't remember which one. I also remember seeing the Offical Microsoft headset + chatpad combo on sale for like $13 as well. It was a sale, and not clearance or anything.

Lexxism

I'm not quite sure if anyone is interested but xtremeguard.com has 90% off discount on screen protectors (tempered glass?) for orders 2 or more. Ex: You can get Nexus 5 and PSV-1000 for $1.40 thanks to the promo code: Huge90off2

No idea when it will last but this is a good deal if you are looking for one.

I'm not quite sure if anyone is interested but xtremeguard.com has 90% off discount on screen protectors (tempered glass?) for orders 2 or more. Ex: You can get Nexus 5 and PSV-1000 for $1.40 thanks to the promo code: Huge90off2

Thanks, just got two for my Vita (might use the second one when and if I get a Vita-2000) and got one for my HTC One.

Sora_N

Wow fucking awesome

Can't tell, are they ALL tempered glass or do I have to choose the $39.99 'Spartan etc' one that actually says tempered glass?

Awesome they restocked Galaxy S5 tempered glass one!

Top Bottom