• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
For the first time, I have a Blu-ray capable machine. Is there anywhere I should keep an eye out for good deals on Blu-rays?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Yeah pretty much anywhere but HMV has tons of cheap blurays all the time.

GOD HMV sucks so much now.
Well, they're pretty much dying now. They're going all in on the new vinyl craze.

----

Oh yeah, I asked before, but is there a way to see how Amazon splits up the discount for the E3 orders? I only see the initial 15% applied, but I don't see how they split the other 15% among my other orders.

krae_man

Well, they're pretty much dying now. They're going all in on the new vinyl craze.

Still doesn't explain why they have racks and racks and racks of discount DVD's but only one tiny shelf of cheap blurays. Hell their regular bluray area is tiny.

And don't get me started on when they had the bright idea to mix blurays with DVD's on the shelves.

Has anyone seen any good deals on the X1? Does anyone know what ebgames will give me for my xbox 360S 250 gb?

Well they currently have a trade in promotion for the PS4 where $150 is the maximum trade in amount they will give so Max that if you want a PS4. Less if you dont.

zroid

Banned
I wish standalone DVDs would just get phased out. It's such a waste of retail space. And I know many people still buy DVDs but if studios stopped selling them and released only combo packs for new movies it would encourage everyone to upgrade, without being forced to.

Jinto

My first E3 game just shipped. BB just sent me a notice for EA's UFC game. I doubt I'll get it tomorrow, but 1 day late isn't bad.

-Deimos

Wow fucking awesome

Can't tell, are they ALL tempered glass or do I have to choose the $39.99 'Spartan etc' one that actually says tempered glass?

Awesome they restocked Galaxy S5 tempered glass one!

Pretty sure only the ones that say "Spartan" are tempered glass.

Taking this one from reddit. Looks like 16GB Vita memory cards are $20. Gonna try and price match at FS nearby

http://www.reddit.com/r/vita/comments/28bea8/16gb_for_20_at_target_canada/

EDIT: Well they didn't even have any 16GB's left at the FS near me. Plus I don't think they would have PM'd me to begin with. I'll try BB and FS in downtown Toronto tomorrow since I've pricematched pictures of Target prices before at the BB (did it last week actually with Mario Kart 8).

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not quite sure if anyone is interested but xtremeguard.com has 90% off discount on screen protectors (tempered glass?) for orders 2 or more. Ex: You can get Nexus 5 and PSV-1000 for $1.40 thanks to the promo code: Huge90off2

No idea when it will last but this is a good deal if you are looking for one.

Ordered 3 for my WiiU gamepad and 1 for my Vita, but now I see they need to be soaked on water to be applied... Putting water on my consoles seems like a very bad idea...

Anybody has experience with those...?

i-Jest

I'm not quite sure if anyone is interested but xtremeguard.com has 90% off discount on screen protectors (tempered glass?) for orders 2 or more. Ex: You can get Nexus 5 and PSV-1000 for $1.40 thanks to the promo code: Huge90off2

No idea when it will last but this is a good deal if you are looking for one.

Excellent. Thanks. I may just as well have gotten away with murder with the price I just payed.

Sora_N

Ordered 3 for my WiiU gamepad and 1 for my Vita, but now I see they need to be soaked on water to be applied... Putting water on my consoles seems like a very bad idea...

Anybody has experience with those...?

They're fine. You don't soak your device in water. I've done it for 3ds Vita and 2 cell phones no problem.

iphys

I wish standalone DVDs would just get phased out. It's such a waste of retail space. And I know many people still buy DVDs but if studios stopped selling them and released only combo packs for new movies it would encourage everyone to upgrade, without being forced to.

I have a 4K monitor, and I've got to say, sometimes DVDs look almost as good upscaled to 4K as blu-rays do, especially any DVD that comes in a combo pack where they used the same source for the DVD transfer as the blu-ray. There are definitely some poor DVD transfers out there that make blu-rays look stunning in comparison, but otherwise I don't feel like blu-rays are really leaps and bounds better than DVDs. I don't even usually bother buying blu-rays unless they're only marginally more expensive than the DVD, since the slight improvement in quality isn't worth more than $2-$3 in my mind.

suikodan

Yeah should be $280+tax.

Indeed it was. I received mine the day after I ordered it. I considered selling it but I'm having too much fun with it. Went all in and bought Ryse (20$ - 5$), Dead Rising 3 (30$ - 5$) and an extra controller (37$) thanks to Target's fire rebates.

1- Anyone in Montreal ordered an extra Destiny for PS4? I'm having some remorse of not ordering it during E3.

2- Even though I thought the opposite, I can't buy BestBuy gift card with the BBZR coupons. Anyone has experience of buying something with BBZR coupons then returning the item? Do they give gift cards when returning? That's stupid IMHO but I want gift cards with my BBZR points... :p

Lexxism

2- Even though I thought the opposite, I can't buy BestBuy gift card with the BBZR coupons. Anyone has experience of buying something with BBZR coupons then returning the item? Do they give gift cards when returning? That's stupid IMHO but I want gift cards with my BBZR points... :p

I read from someone here that you can get a gift card if you return an item with BBZR applied.

Magnus

This isn't new, but it seems like a great deal - RE6 used at EB for $5. I bit. Even if it's a turd, I owe it to a series I love. And it has a great mercs mode, yeah?

Indeed it was. I received mine the day after I ordered it. I considered selling it but I'm having too much fun with it. Went all in and bought Ryse (20$ - 5$), Dead Rising 3 (30$ - 5$) and an extra controller (37$) thanks to Target's fire rebates.

1- Anyone in Montreal ordered an extra Destiny for PS4? I'm having some remorse of not ordering it during E3.

I have and will keep you posted. I have an order from Amazon and other from FS/BB. I also have another order of the White PS4 Destiny bundle, I went all in, haha.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
You can't buy BB gift cards with them but you can use them to buy other kinds of cards (PSN, Xbox, iTunes, etc). It's why I set my threshold to $20 so that if there wasn't anything I wanted to buy right away I could always pick up a $20 PSN card for free. I haven't done it in a long while though because almost all of my games were from FS from E3 2013.

Riptwo

Did anyone who preordered UFC at Amazon get a Bruce Lee code? I thought it would be packaged with the game, but it doesn't look like that's the case.

Megasoum

Banned
God dammit... Just noticed that Destiny is 70$ on PSN... Arghhh I wanted it digital.I wish we could buy digital codes online, that way I could buy them from somebody in the states.

God dammit... Just noticed that Destiny is 70$ on PSN... Arghhh I wanted it digital.I wish we could buy digital codes online, that way I could buy them from somebody in the states.

My plan if I ever gonna go digital is maybe sell my E3 copy of the game for a bit of profit and that will probably make up for the price hike on PSN, so basically my last year's copy of Destiny is $42 tax in, I can probably sell it for $60 on release making the digital copy $52 which is not bad :D

Can't you technically buy them off Amazon.com? They have a PSN game code storefront now. Dunno if those codes actually work on Canadian PSN, though, or if you'd have to create a US account to use them.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
For the first time, I have a Blu-ray capable machine. Is there anywhere I should keep an eye out for good deals on Blu-rays?

Kijiji, I always buy it from there. Most of them you will get it for 8$, may be cheaper if you buy it from someone and in bundle. I have never bought any from a store. Its super rip-off. We Canadians don't get good deals like you see in states.

Also if you want to buy collections, also check Amazon.co.uk. They have great prices too. I have bought Jurassic Park, Toy Story, Bourn Identity collections and also some BBC documentaries from there for under 25$ after shipping. (of course you need to look for the once that says region-free)

BeforeU

Hmm, BestBuy.ca shipped out my copy of EA Sports UFC late and yet I still got it on time. Impressive.

Yeah I have order many games from them and I have received every game on launch day. So I trust BB and Futureshop both when it comes to shipping on time. (Talking about Toronto).

ovii

Yeah I have order many games from them and I have received every game on launch day. So I trust BB and Futureshop both when it comes to shipping on time. (Talking about Toronto).

In Calgary, it's hit or miss. I have received a few games the day before launch. However, I can think of two games that came a week late.

BeforeU

In Calgary, it's hit or miss. I have received a few games the day before launch. However, I can think of two games that came a week late.

not a day but a week late? HOLLYSHIT man. btw you guys have to pay less tax :( so you get no sympathy lol

Can't you technically buy them off Amazon.com? They have a PSN game code storefront now. Dunno if those codes actually work on Canadian PSN, though, or if you'd have to create a US account to use them.

Indeed you can buy them off Amazon.com and even use them on your Canadian PSN account but you'll be paying $60 USD which will come to around $70 CAD so you won't be saving much if any!

Calgary here and if say the norm out of tens of games is release date plus or minus a day, other than that are rare accidents. All in all they are very reliable when it comes to release day delivery and of course Canada Post is the best here in Calagary compared to UPS and Purolator.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
They're usually always on time for me, I just wasn't expecting it to arrive on time due to Canada Post not scanning the package until 12:34 AM.

Jinto

Hmm, BestBuy.ca shipped out my copy of EA Sports UFC late and yet I still got it on time. Impressive.

I won't be getting mine until tomorrow. I've pre-ordered games from them 2 times prior and both times they were late. One day isn't bad. I'm still not sure I wanna keep it yet though.

Top Bottom