• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

DaBoss

what systems are those for? I've never heard of any of them.
I assume all of them are for PS3.

Space Ace is that game made by the people who made Dragon's Lair and plays similarly.

Order Up is one of those restaurant sim like games where you make take people's orders and give them what they want.

Apathy

PS Now pricing is BS in my opinion!
Edit: my bad!

PSUhjwc.jpg

That is actually cheap. Guess a lot of you never had to rent games from Blockbuster

It's all based in world war era, I play Sniper Elite 2 on steam in co-op with a friend and that's basically why I like it, kinda slow paced game while chatting with a friend :)

Edit:
I got my Playstation Now Beta code two hours ago, looks like it's finally here in Canada :D

Weird and surprised I haven't got one yet. Was there a place you had to sign up for it?

Apathy

I know there is a thread in the gaming section about the pricing but I never cared to look for what they are.

4 hours - $2.99 is a huge :lol and

The 4 hour one is way off from what it should be, the 7 day one is cheaper than what it used to cost to rent a game back in the day.

ohlawd

That is actually cheap. Guess a lot of you never had to rent games from Blockbuster

yeah the 30 day one is good. the 7 day one is good too just for "woah, cheaper than Blockbuster and Rogers!" the 4 hour is one is awful and for the price the 90 day one is offering, I might as well just wait for a sale and own the game wholesale.

Apathy

yeah the 30 day one is good. the 7 day one is good too just for "woah, cheaper than Blockbuster and Rogers!" the 4 hour is one is awful and for the price the 90 day one is offering, I might as well just wait for a sale and own the game wholesale.

I would go with 0.99 cents for 4 hours, and the week and 30 day one are fine, 90 day, no matter the price, just seems dumb.

Remember this is also meant for people who didn't keep their PS3s or didn't have one to begin with! It'll offer them the chance to catch up on last gen goodness so buying the game is not really an option for them!

krae_man

$3 for 4 hours that will be 3 hours of cutscenes is :lol

THe option of paying a small fee so you can hop on multiplayer games with friends that you don't own is a good one though.

IllumiNate

Wtf are you guys going on about? $8 for a month long rental is a lot?? $2.99 for 4 hrs is to rent games like Ground Zeroes. The prices are fine. Who'd be dumb enough to rent a Final Fantasy for 4 hrs. The option is just there because.

Target anniversary sale is tomorrow to the 26th. Still has a 50% off select video games sticker. Image covers Batman, Mario Wii U and Fifa Xbox One...

So nothing then, right?

ohlawd

I'm enjoying 3D World! I do want to try and pick up NSMB U.

I have a feeling the sale is a YMMV

good to hear. fun game.

just waiting for this month is over so I can register MK8 and get NSMBU free.

I haven't bothered with a single target sale die to that stores YMMV nature.
exactly. my Target hasn't been around for long though. Think that's why they haven't had any sick deals like the others.

As someone who worked at Blockbuster for 9 years back in the day those prices are great.

Except for the 4 hour one. That must be a test run of some sort.

Roto13

Guys, someone sent me an Amazon giftcard. Bless his heart. But it's for 'Murrican Amazon. :p

The only thing I can think to do with it is buy PSN or Steam games and DLC (not PSN or Steam cards). Will that even work? I know there are restrictions on using gift cards to buy other gift certificates and I don't know if those count. Is there anything else? Maybe their customer service can help me out? Nope.

EDIT: All right. It wasn't too big of a deal for my friend to just exchange the code for a Canadian one. Tomodachi Life is on its way. :p

GOODBYE FOREVER GAF

iLLmAtlc

Guys, someone sent me an Amazon giftcard. Bless his heart. But it's for 'Murrican Amazon. :p

The only thing I can think to do with it is buy PSN or Steam games and DLC (not PSN or Steam cards). Will that even work? I know there are restrictions on using gift cards to buy other gift certificates and I don't know if those count. Is there anything else? Maybe their customer service can help me out? Nope.

I purchased ps+ with it last winter. Not sure if the amazon ps store is still running but you could use the cert to buy stuff on there too.

If you haven't redeemed it yet you could always try to sell it to an American for a small discount

Dorygrant

So wait Target is having more sales? I checked yesterday and the only wii u games NOT on sale were SM3dW and dkc:tf but if today they are I may need to head to Cloverdale again!

Megasoum

Banned
Oh snap... Just refreshed my PSN webstore page and I have 72$ in my PSN wallet!! Looks like Sony finally accepted to cancel my PS3 pre-order of Destiny so that I could re-order it on PS4.... Still haven't received a mail yet but woohoo!

I think I'll pre-order it directly on the console tonight just to be sure I can'T fuck it up again haha.

Top Bottom