• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

Sealtest

Just ask them to change all of your games to Priority shipping.

I tryed that after placing a couple more orders they wouldn't give me priority (1-2) for free because that's only for prime. Maybe i just got a person in a bad mood or just very unlucky.

I would love to know what exactely you tell them to get it though so I can try.

As for the Amazon shipping, I do not know if they will ship to me as each item releases or if they wait till a bunch of them are released and then ship them to me.

Either way, can I change it to ship it when released?

I tryed that after placing a couple more orders they wouldn't give me priority (1-2) for free because that's only for prime. Maybe i just got a person in a bad mood or just very unlucky.

I would love to know what exactely you tell them to get it though so I can try.

This is what I said, and Priority shipping was then granted:
"I made a recent pre-order of PS4 games, and am requesting a free upgrade to Priority shipping. This is to compete with Futureshop and Best Buy which offer release day delivery for free, and because I am making such a substantial order. Thank-you."

If denied by one person, it might work to immediately open another chat window and try someone else.

As for the Amazon shipping, I do not know if they will ship to me as each item releases or if they wait till a bunch of them are released and then ship them to me.

Either way, can I change it to ship it when released?

They ship each item as it releases.

"I made a recent pre-order of PS4 games, and am requesting a free upgrade to Priority shipping. This is to compete with Futureshop and Best Buy which offer release day delivery for free, and because I am making such a substantial order. Thank-you."

If denied by one person, it might work to immediately open another chat window and try someone else.

I thought you have to specify that when you're ordering but in that case, I'm all good.

MarkusRJR

Just wondering, has anyone with Telus had problems with unlocked phones and MMS? I've tried 3 of my brother's phones (he develops phone apps and they were all unlocked and work fine with data and texts) and none work with MMS. I've changed SIM cards and all three didn't want to work.

Literally getting super angry over this. I've tried all apn settings and have basically given up. Getting so frustrated because I still have 2 years of contract and no matter what I do it doesn't work. The CS rep got so done with me by the end of trying all phones that he basically told me to buy a Telus phone outright or pay off my contract if I wanted MMS back, because he had no idea.

Getting so annoyed because me and friend used to picture message a lot via a chat app, but now we moved to texting and I don't get any.

kitzkozan

Yeah, I price matched online and got them for $67 from Best Buy. Gotta wait until my birthday next week to open them; I'm pretty stoked to test them out! My old Panasonic RP-HTX7 pair just broke the other day, so I plan to use them with my computer as well. Anyone have any thoughts on how they perform with a PC/Mac either wireless or wired? Sound quality, ease of use, etc. I plan to use them wireless with my PS4 to take advantage of the surround sound capabilities, and then wired with my computer so I don't burn up more of the battery's charge. Or, if people think the surround sound doesn't add much to games, I might just plug them into my DS4 controller like I did with my old headphones.

Just price matched the gold headphones myself at BB. :p The manager was soul crushed, but had no choice to respect their price matching policy (was the last in stock as well). It's the first time I buy wireless headphones or even something that's remotely decent, so time to try them out. :]

Cynar

Just wondering, has anyone with Telus had problems with unlocked phones and MMS? I've tried 3 of my brother's phones (he develops phone apps and they were all unlocked and work fine with data and texts) and none work with MMS. I've changed SIM cards and all three didn't want to work.

Literally getting super angry over this. I've tried all apn settings and have basically given up. Getting so frustrated because I still have 2 years of contract and no matter what I do it doesn't work. The CS rep got so done with me by the end of trying all phones that he basically told me to buy a Telus phone outright or pay off my contract if I wanted MMS back, because he had no idea.

Getting so annoyed because me and friend used to picture message a lot via a chat app, but now we moved to texting and I don't get any.

I've pm'd you asking a bit more about this. I might be able to help.

kitzkozan

MGS legacy for pre order on amazon for 50

http://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00KTZELMY/

This will be the perfect opportunity to finally get a copy in preparation of The phantom pain which look a lot better than I expected (featuring large areas should balance out the gameplay vs cutscene ratio even if Kojima goes overboard). :p I could buy the cheaper HD collection, but I'm a part-time collector and I'm too tempted by that art book and dlc code for Solid and VR missions.

MarkusRJR

I'm thinking of grabbing a Wii-U.

What games would you folks recommend?
Mario Kart 8, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Super Mario 3D World, New Super Mario Bros. U, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Wonderful 101, Rayman Legends, and Monster Hunter 3: Ultimate (if you're into the franchise, otherwise might be too off putting).

firehawk12

Subete no aware
As a Target employee, this has been super frustrating for us as well as everyone shopping. We got a master list sent to us from head office and we decided "fuck it, we honour it all". Note that WiiU consoles aren't on that list, though a bunch of games and accessories are.
So is there anything good on sale?

XBP

Grabbed BF4 and AC4 from target today at 25$ each. Seemed a decent enough deal. BF4 seems to be rather populated as well on PS3 although its still rather buggy.

Other games which were 50% off were

WWE 2k14
COD Ghosts
Lego Hobbit
Gran Turismo 6

Lexxism

Link or it didn't happen.

It seems like this is just for QC
alVP4JT.jpg

ClassicWinger

Neo Member
I don't know if it's been brought up already but Last of Us for PS4 is down to $54.99 on PSN, and I'm pretty sure there isn't taxes on PSN purchases! Sorry if old!

Socreges

Banned
As a Target employee, this has been super frustrating for us as well as everyone shopping. We got a master list sent to us from head office and we decided "fuck it, we honour it all". Note that WiiU consoles aren't on that list, though a bunch of games and accessories are.
DKCTF??

I tried the free shipping option and the rep mentioned to me that I will be moved back on the list of the people who ordered it already. I didn't know if that would make a difference and I asked him to leave it as is.

Any idea about this?

i-Jest

Someone on RFD posted what appears to be the list mentioned, no DKCTF: http://forums.redflagdeals.com/targ...nc-xb1-pnc-37-5-more-1491987/16/#post19039893

Of course, not every store's going to give a damn about said list anyway, but at least you can know what to look out for :)

Dragon's Crown and Wind Waker HD are the only possible games I see myself getting. Maybe Sonic Classics Collection. And these are 50% off? Damn Target, whats going on? It's like their having an unofficial liquidation sale before they leave the country. I'm not complaining though. Might head over to my target tomorrow.

Sealtest

Talked 2 someone and got free express shipping, But it's funny because i changed one of those free express shipping 2 Priority and it was still free, Did this for 3 orders and all orders I switched that had free xpress now have free priority.

Damn! Microplay in Qc has a big sale. Missed Wonderful 101 at 19.99$ new! :(

Now the 34.99 price at the source seems high and I don't feel like ordering it anymore. I hate that feeling!

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Damn! Microplay in Qc has a big sale. Missed Wonderful 101 at 19.99$ new! :(

Now the 34.99 price at the source seems high and I don't feel like ordering it anymore. I hate that feeling!

Stopped by earlier today and didn't see anything noteworthy...

Vamphuntr

Oh, it's in their gaming magazine.

"Des jeux neufs pour des pinottes" From June 20 to July 4th. Up to 40$ off. Selection varies depending on the store.

Perfect, hope it's on sale at the microplay I go to.

If yours has Wonderful 101 and mine has Tearaway, we could work something out! ;P (or maybe you said that about 101 and not Tearaway!)

Edit: Oh I hate posting twice in a row, thought someone would have said something since my last post! haha!

Vamphuntr

The sale at my Microplay was for stuff I didn't care about.

Lost Planet 3 is 10$
The 007 Wii U game is 15$
Beyond Two Souls is 20$
The 360 Earth Defense Force game is 20$
God of War Chronicle Origins is 10$
Knack, Thief and Killzone were also on sale but I didn't really check the price.

There's a ton of stuff but it's really clearance so YMMV. Deal is written on a pink sticker with the rebate manually written on it.

Um... MK8 is 64.99$ at Target and they give a 10$ gift card right now when you spend 50$. The Club Nintendo code can be sold for 20$. That brings the game down to 34.99$.

I wish that I bought all my things individually when they were printing the 5$ off video games on the receipt, that would be 29.99$ for MK8 brand new.... 34.99$ is still good! Just have trouble buying stuff when I know that if I would have planned better it would have been cheaper!

Edit: I know that like 2 weeks ago MK8 was 59.99$ or 54.99$ at some Target? Is it still going on at some of them?

Top Bottom