• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

Posted last page. You can price match at Future Shop or Best Buy for more savings, would probably come up to $66.99.

Yeah, I price matched online and got them for $67 from Best Buy. Gotta wait until my birthday next week to open them; I'm pretty stoked to test them out! My old Panasonic RP-HTX7 pair just broke the other day, so I plan to use them with my computer as well. Anyone have any thoughts on how they perform with a PC/Mac either wireless or wired? Sound quality, ease of use, etc. I plan to use them wireless with my PS4 to take advantage of the surround sound capabilities, and then wired with my computer so I don't burn up more of the battery's charge. Or, if people think the surround sound doesn't add much to games, I might just plug them into my DS4 controller like I did with my old headphones.

dream

Just grabbed one of those hundred dollar 3DS XLs. I hate these types of questions, but are there any cheap games I should grab?

iphys

whats the cheapest to get wii fit u? does buying the meter still give you the full game?

If you downloaded the game during the promo, you can still just get a Fit Meter for $20 and link it; otherwise, you have to buy the game. Just the game is $30 on the eShop, or you can get the game/Meter for $40 from Amazon. You should be able to find a used board for under $20 if you don't have one.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
I have a $20 PSN card I'd like to trade for a Nintendo eShop one. Is there a "safe" way to do that online...? And I guess I should only trade with canadians, as prepaid cards are locked to the country IIRC (?).

RyanBankz

Neo Member
I have a $20 PSN card I'd like to trade for a Nintendo eShop one. Is there a "safe" way to do that online...? And I guess I should only trade with canadians, as prepaid cards are locked to the country IIRC (?).

I bought 2 PSN cards in New York on Black Friday (I live in Toronto). Worked like a charm. So I'd say you're safe as long as its North America, not only Canada.

Yasumi

Banned
Just grabbed one of those hundred dollar 3DS XLs. I hate these types of questions, but are there any cheap games I should grab?
If you're fine with going digital on a Nintendo system, SMT IV is $24.99 on the eshop right now. It's pretty much the best RPG on the system.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.

Not cheap but Fire Emblem: Awakening is the best game on the system.

dream

Pushmo, SMT 4, and Fire Emblem--done! Thanks.

The sad thing is I bought this thing just so I could play Phoenix Wright 5...

wel I got Ryse for 20. Finally bought something from Target. I should install it while I head out again.

I really like that game. I enjoyed it thoroughly.

Oh snap... Just refreshed my PSN webstore page and I have 72$ in my PSN wallet!! Looks like Sony finally accepted to cancel my PS3 pre-order of Destiny so that I could re-order it on PS4.... Still haven't received a mail yet but woohoo!

I think I'll pre-order it directly on the console tonight just to be sure I can'T fuck it up again haha.

Awesome news man. Glad they did, now make sure you place the order for the right console this time.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Speaking of Amazon, do you know how we will be charged? Is the discount split evenly across all games? For one of my orders, I needed a 3rd game so I put Devil's Third as a "filler", but I plan to cancel it unless it ends up being surprisingly excellent. Cancelling it while keeping the discount on other games will be easy... right? :/

Megasoum

Banned
I'm re-pre-ordering Destiny directly on my PS4 right now. I've been going through the text on the store page like 10 times now to confirm that it's really the PS4 version lol.

Ok I think it has been asked already but repeats are frequent here! ;)

On my amazon order I see "Ship when entire order is ready". Is it normal and it will still ship as they come out? I think so but I want to make sure.

Second, can I see how much they will charge me for TLOU by exemple? They won't charge me 59.99$(I hope) because it does not include the extra rebate.

Thanks!

Ok I think it has been asked already but repeats are frequent here! ;)

On my amazon order I see "Ship when entire order is ready". Is it normal and it will still ship as they come out? I think so but I want to make sure.

Second, can I see how much they will charge me for TLOU by exemple? They won't charge me 59.99$(I hope) because it does not include the extra rebate.

Thanks!

Amazon ships as they release.

The way amazon shows their discounts is a bit silly, they show everything full price, and then show the amount discounted at the bottom. So the only way you can get an estimate of what you'll be charged is by taking a third of the discount (if you bought three games, for example), and knocking that off of the full price. it may not be exact, but you'll have a good idea.

LakeEarth

Target anniversary sale is tomorrow to the 26th. Still has a 50% off select video games sticker. Image covers Batman, Mario Wii U and Fifa Xbox One...

So nothing then, right?

On top of this, my local Target said the Mario WiiU was a mistake. Wind Waker is still on sale though.

-Deimos

They're having some anniversary sale, just go to the website and check the flyer. Lot's of stuff for $0.94.

The pillows are generic, though. No fancy space pillows or anything.

UberTag

They're having some anniversary sale, just go to the website and check the flyer. Lot's of stuff for $0.94.

The pillows are generic, though. No fancy space pillows or anything.
If they can give us crap pillows for 94 cents, they can surely give us awesome pillows for $9.40.
Do they expect me to duct tape 10 of these crap pillows together into some form of uber pillow?

Joeku

On top of this, my local Target said the Mario WiiU was a mistake. Wind Waker is still on sale though.

As a Target employee, this has been super frustrating for us as well as everyone shopping. We got a master list sent to us from head office and we decided "fuck it, we honour it all". Note that WiiU consoles aren't on that list, though a bunch of games and accessories are.

Yeah, that's what happened to my 30%(2 15% off) discount when I asked them to change my shipping to express for free. Got a 33% discount now instead of just 30% after asking to change my shipping.

You messed up, bro ;) Should've gotten them to change it to Priority shipping like I did.

I bought a US 20$ psn code to someone on the Buy/Sell thread and I could not redeem it. However, I think Nintendo card are NA. Better to deal with a Canadian to be safe!

Was at Guelph Walmart and decided to try to price-match the $44.99 FS/BB deal on Wolfenstein.

Would've been nice for the store to have stock of anything more than PS4 launch games...

Lexxism

You messed up, bro ;) Should've gotten them to change it to Priority shipping like I did.

Nah, that's okay. It's not like I'm expecting them to change it anyway.

edit: It seems like TLOU remaster is $50 at US. If that's the MSRP, I'm hoping amazon will put the price to 50 or maybe even $55

Sealtest

I also got lucky with my shipping, Got free 2 day on mordor/cod/batman and free standard on multiple orders because once placed in ship items at each release they can't change it 2 free.

LakeEarth

As a Target employee, this has been super frustrating for us as well as everyone shopping. We got a master list sent to us from head office and we decided "fuck it, we honour it all". Note that WiiU consoles aren't on that list, though a bunch of games and accessories are.

The Target employee I talked to was visibly frustrated as well.

I wish I could see this master list. Target keeps having these nice WiiU sales, but I never know what is going to be on sale until I go. The ad says "100 games and accessories", show a picture of 3 of them, and they couldn't even get that right!

joedick

Any idea if Pro Controllers are included?

Nah, that's okay. It's not like I'm expecting them to change it anyway.

Why wouldn't they change it? If you ask them in online chat to change shipping to Priority in order to match what FS/BB offer, they do so right away. That's what they did for my 3 E3 orders.

I also got lucky with my shipping, Got free 2 day on mordor/cod/batman and free standard on multiple orders because once placed in ship items at each release they can't change it 2 free.

Just ask them to change all of your games to Priority shipping.

Top Bottom