• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

Just a question for people who play BF4, I just started playing it regularly even though I had it since PS4 release, well is BF Premium worth it? Did they fix Naval Strike?

Anyone know where I can get some of the more recent 3DS games for a decent price, used or new? Just got an XL :) namely bravely default, Zelda, and fire emblem awakening. GTA or online.

khaaan

Just go an email from BestBuy with a couple deals. Not sure if they're new, haven't seen anything over the last couple pages but:

PS4 + Fifa - $449
Any 2 3DS games > $34.99 - Save $10
ZombiU - $15 (cheaper than the e-Shop sale)
Thief 4 (PS4/XboxOne) - $39.99

There are a couple others but nothing seemed particularly exciting to me. Some Vita stuff was on clearance so I grabbed the official screen protector for $4...

I believe FS is also mimicking these offers.

Well, I fucking scored big time. I've been looking for the Metroid Prime Trilogy forever, and it's a major pain in the ass to find here in Canada (the reprint wasn't released to EB Games over here). I eventually caved and got a copy of the reprint off eBay for $54. I wanted the CE, but I wasn't about to pay in the range of $150-200, so I figured just having the game was something as I've been really jonesing to play it.

Anywho, it finally shipped today, and lo and behold, it's the fucking Collector's Edition! Damn near mint condition, the plastic sleeve outside the metal case just has a tiny bit of wear and tear. The boxart and description on the listing made it sound like the reprint, which is why I got it for so cheap. It's insane how much more it would have went for if it was lsited as the CE. I got very, very lucky. I also owe thanks to i-Jest for pointing me towards some of the eBay listings.

I'm a very, very lucky boy.

Well, I fucking scored big time. I've been looking for the Metroid Prime Trilogy forever, and it's a major pain in the ass to find here in Canada (the reprint wasn't released to EB Games over here). I eventually caved and got a copy of the reprint off eBay for $54. I wanted the CE, but I wasn't about to pay in the range of $150-200, so I figured just having the game was something as I've been really jonesing to play it.

Anywho, it finally shipped today, and lo and behold, it's the fucking Collector's Edition! Damn near mint condition, the plastic sleeve outside the metal case just has a tiny bit of wear and tear. The boxart and description on the listing made it sound like the reprint, which is why I got it for so cheap. It's insane how much more it would have went for if it was lsited as the CE. I got very, very lucky. I also owe thanks to i-Jest for pointing me towards some of the eBay listings.

Love stories like that! Congratulation on lucking out! =)

Haines

Banned

Nice. and to think I passed on that game because it didnt have the special gun animations...i can be nitpicky to a fault

Canon

Banned
Bought a 2DS for $69.99 (new) at Staples.

They also had the original 3DS for $79.99. I already have a 3DS XL so I figured I'd try the 2DS for that price... and it's alright.

So TLOU Remastered is now 54.99$ on the Canadian PSN. We should expect EB Games to match this price pretty soon right? I only have 30$ put down on the preorder, hoping I dont have to pay another 50$.

So TLOU Remastered is now 54.99$ on the Canadian PSN. We should expect EB Games to match this price pretty soon right? I only have 30$ put down on the preorder, hoping I dont have to pay another 50$.

Why are you willing to pay $70 plus tax while everyone had it preordered for $40-50 a week ago?

Cos i traded in infamous second son towards preorder of tlou and got 31.65 for it.

Could have probably sold Second Son 40-50$ easy on Kijiji and get TLOU for under 50$ with the E3 promo, making it an almost free to free TLOU.

Just saying by the way, not criticizing. Putting up with Kijiji might be annoying to some and ordering online might be to others. Oh and I wonder how much BB and FS were giving for Second Son, assuming you have one of them close to you. Might have worth it more even if they pay less since you would have saved a lot on TLOU.

zedge

How does it work? Is it snappy, or does is it laggy?

If I youtube a video of the xbox one guide, is it representative of the quality I would get with shaw?
Seems to work well. Just make sure you choose the correct channel lineup. Haven't seen any videos but the guide is pretty good, has detail on the channels and what is currently on. I mostly just use the voice though. Xbox watch CBC or AMC etc. works we'll for this.

Seems to work well. Just make sure you choose the correct channel lineup. Haven't seen any videos but the guide is pretty good, has detail on the channels and what is currently on. I mostly just use the voice though. Xbox watch CBC or AMC etc. works we'll for this.

I really appreciate this man, I am thinking about picking up the console. Just can't justify it since I just got a PS4 (well in December).

Omlagus

Has anybody got their Destiny beta code from a BB or FS pre-order yet? I haven't seen anything from my BB pre-order and the alpha got it's hook in me pretty good, so I just want to make sure I don't somehow miss it.

stolin

Has anybody got their Destiny beta code from a BB or FS pre-order yet? I haven't seen anything from my BB pre-order and the alpha got it's hook in me pretty good, so I just want to make sure I don't somehow miss it.

I got mine from Amazon.ca less than an hour after placing the pre-order. But that was just to get access to http://bungie.net/beta to "reserve your spot in the Destiny Beta. At a later date, but prior to the Destiny Beta live date in 2014, you will be contacted via your email address, allowed to select your preferred console platform, and given a Destiny Beta download code."

zroid

Banned

Awesome! :D

Cynar

What are you talking about? E3 preorder sales have been going on for 3-4 years now.

There aren't any discount on digital preorders this year, like on PSN or Xbox Live.

If you can find one at Target, yes. But they are probably all cleared out now.
How much are they at Target?

vulva

Looks like EB heard that the dollar is doing well in the past few days and thinking of overcharging anything they can.

It's 150 in the US, this increase due to the hike is pretty much in line with everything else they've done. What the hell are you talking about?

Top Bottom