• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

I worked with a Princess once.....

Ordered PS4 headset Sunday at 4am, got to my house this afternoon from shop.ca supplied by myaxs.........pretty good turnaround

I remember getting my ipod touch from myaxs when they did TD Rewards stuff

i-Jest

Yeah, it's free. Gravity is a movie starring Sandra Bullock and George Clooney. I'm not sure if the digital code is 3D or not. It came with the blu-ray of the 3D version of the movie. It's yours if you want it.

You can have it if I-Jest doesn't want it, since he responded first. :)

I'll pass on it.

EDIT:

VGP has a special going on. Up to 60% off on select titles. https://www.videogamesplus.ca/specials.php

Deus X Human Revolution ( Wii U) is looking mighty tempting at $19.99

Lexxism

The 1yr PS+ kept on dropping at amazon. It's now 41.32

Amazon.ca dropped LoU Remastered to 54.99.

The price on my order doesn't seem to have changed. Wondering if I should bother speaking to CSR about this. I did get it in when they had that 15% extra error.

EDIT: Bestbuy has as well.

Just wait. They have the pre-order price guarantee.

Rbk_3

Thank you for contacting Best Buy Canada regarding Order # xxxxx.

As we strive to provide our customers with the lowest prices we adjust all pre-orders to the lowest advertised price, between the time your order was placed and the release date, automatically when the order leaves our shipping facilities.

Should you find a lower advertised price within 30 days of the date the item ships please contact us back with a copy of the advertised price and we would be happy to adjust the price in accordance with our Lowest Price Guarantee.

Thank you for choosing Best Buy Canada.

Sincerely,

Princess
Agent ID: 79316
Best Buy Canada.

I think that means if you preordered it at 69.99. I don't see them adjusting our E3 preorders as they are already cheaper than the MSRP.

Lexxism

I think that means if you preordered it at 69.99. I don't see them adjusting our E3 preorders as they are already cheaper than the MSRP.

Yeah. That's why amazon has the best offer among the three. Of course if you were able to get the 30% or 33%. $36 for TLOU is sweet.

I think I'll just need to bite the bullet for Last of Us, I don't really want to work for like an extra $8 savings. I'l still getting it at less than retail, and I made some sweeeet scores during E3. Can't get greedy.

The 1yr PS+ kept on dropping at amazon. It's now 41.32

Just wait. They have the pre-order price guarantee.

My guess for the Amazon.ca stuff is it will work like the BB/FS pre-orders, sort of. Check your order, and if the current Amazon.ca price is lower than what's listed for that specific item in your order, then you should eventually get the lower price reflected in your order.

Two things to note: yes, this means that if the "30%" you got on a game was 15% on the individual item and 15%/18% on the whole order, then you'll only get a reduced price if the current Amazon.ca price drops below the 15%-discounted price on the individual item. But also, you should get to keep the 15%/18% on the whole order (or 30% if you got in early!), so it's not like BB/FS in that you have to wait for the price to drop below what you would've gotten with the E3 discount to see any benefit.

Hopefully that all makes sense, it's a little convoluted.

krae_man

I got that as well. I'm going to email back "cut and paste price guarantee policy" is not an appropriate response even if they are refusing to adjust the price.

bryt

Anyone order Xblaze from BestBuy for the E3 deal and have it shipped? Mine hasn't shipped and it's out of stock on the site now.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Those of you who received their first Amazon pre-orders: how were you charged? Price of the game minus 30%, price of the whole order, something else...? I know BB/FS will charge the discounted price of each game individually, but I have no idea what to expect from Amazon...

dream

Those of you who received their first Amazon pre-orders: how were you charged? Price of the game minus 30%, price of the whole order, something else...? I know BB/FS will charge the discounted price of each game individually, but I have no idea what to expect from Amazon...

This is what I was charged for the first item that shipped (with another 3 items pending):

Item(s) Subtotal: CDN$ 59.49
Shipping & Handling: CDN$ 0.00
Promotion applied: -CDN$ 8.92
*Promotion Applied: -CDN$ 10.70
-----
Total before tax: CDN$ 39.87
Estimated GST/HST: CDN$ 1.99
Estimated PST/RST/QST: CDN$ 0.00
-----
Total for this Shipment: CDN$ 41.86
-----

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
I'd love the Gravity code if it hasnt been claimed yet. Been beening to watch the movie for a while now.

To avoid sounding like a complete bum, I'll give away a movie code for Now You See Me if anyone is interested.

Mine is "Out for Delivery" as we speak!

Meanwhile, the clock has already started on Amazon.ca's delivery of Shin Rorona Tens--er, I mean, Atelier Rorona Plus. It's been a day since release and no sign of it even being at the warehouse. Amazon lists the expected arrival date as sometime around the fourth of July weekend and the product page says "ships in 1 to 2 MONTHS."

Never change, Amazon.ca, never fucking change.

(to be clear: I knew this would happen when I placed the pre-order, I don't need to play this game immediately. It's more like, goddamn Amazon, how are you so awful at this and apparently getting worse every year?)

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
This is what I was charged for the first item that shipped (with another 3 items pending):

Item(s) Subtotal: CDN$ 59.49
Shipping & Handling: CDN$ 0.00
Promotion applied: -CDN$ 8.92
*Promotion Applied: -CDN$ 10.70
-----
Total before tax: CDN$ 39.87
Estimated GST/HST: CDN$ 1.99
Estimated PST/RST/QST: CDN$ 0.00
-----
Total for this Shipment: CDN$ 41.86
-----

Great, that's what I hoped for. Thanks for the confirmation!

Jinto

Anyone order Xblaze from BestBuy for the E3 deal and have it shipped? Mine hasn't shipped and it's out of stock on the site now.

Yeah, I'm in the same boat as you. Same thing happened to me awhile back when they had that %15 off pre-orders deal. I eventually got my game 2 weeks later. Hopefully it's quicker this time.

Meanwhile, the clock has already started on Amazon.ca's delivery of Shin Rorona Tens--er, I mean, Atelier Rorona Plus. It's been a day since release and no sign of it even being at the warehouse. Amazon lists the expected arrival date as sometime around the fourth of July weekend and the product page says "ships in 1 to 2 MONTHS."

Never change, Amazon.ca, never fucking change.

(to be clear: I knew this would happen when I placed the pre-order, I don't need to play this game immediately. It's more like, goddamn Amazon, how are you so awful at this and apparently getting worse every year?)

I regretted not pre-ordering more games from them, but if this is the norm, it's pretty ridiculous. EB is the only place where I've pretty much gotten all my pre-orders on time. Too bad they suck now for most other things.

I regretted not pre-ordering more games from them, but if this is the norm, it's pretty ridiculous. EB is the only place where I've pretty much gotten all my pre-orders on time. Too bad they suck now for most other things.

I'm not ready to say it's the norm, as Amazon.ca has ALWAYS had problems getting Atelier games in anywhere near the release date. The last THREE times I've pre-ordered an Atelier game from them, I ended up cancelling before they shipped because I decided to get the game in-store somewhere instead. Another time I had Hometown Story on pre-order, and cancelled several days after the release date after seeing the dismal reviews. But all of these are fairly niche titles from niche publishers, which may or may not be reflective of, say, The Order 1886 or Halo Master Chief Collection.

That said, it does still feel like Amazon.ca's steadily getting worse. I'll settle for cheap and "actually delivers to my mailbox unlike Best Buy and Future Shop, those assholes," though.

Jinto

I'm not ready to say it's the norm, as Amazon.ca has ALWAYS had problems getting Atelier games in anywhere near the release date. The last THREE times I've pre-ordered an Atelier game from them, I ended up cancelling before they shipped because I decided to get the game in-store somewhere instead. Another time I had Hometown Story on pre-order, and cancelled several days after the release date after seeing the dismal reviews. But all of these are fairly niche titles from niche publishers, which may or may not be reflective of, say, The Order 1886 or Halo Master Chief Collection.

That said, it does still feel like Amazon.ca's steadily getting worse. I'll settle for cheap and "actually delivers to my mailbox unlike Best Buy and Future Shop, those assholes," though.

This E3 is the first time I've pre-ordered anything from Amazon. They're usually good with everything else though. I guess I can't really complain, since the estimated time of delivery was always for July. We'll see how it goes with the other games.

I really wish they had this deal in-store as well. I've only pre-ordered 3 games online previously. All from BB, and not once did I receive them on release day.

AlfaTrion

Haven't posted here in years but I just wanted to big up No_Style for the @GameDealsCanada Twitter feed up keep. Been following that since the beginning which helped when my life kept me away from GAF (on top of other stuff I love) for so long.

i-Jest

Haven't posted here in years but I just wanted to big up No_Style for the @GameDealsCanada Twitter feed up keep. Been following that since the beginning which helped when my life kept me away from GAF (on top of other stuff I love) for so long.

Welcome back old Junior GAF. Also, why the fuck didn`t I realize that GamesDealCanada had a twitter accountÉ Gonna remedy that right now.

Lexxism

Yeah for those whose price was $55, how do we know if the full 30% has been applied?

I think you have no other choice but to manually compute it. I only have 3 games ordered on my 33% promotion. So it's a lot easier on my part.

edit: OR subtotal * 30% to see if you will get the full discount.

DaBoss

Self-powered means it has its own power cord and does not receive power through the USB port.

If it only comes with a USB cable, then it is USB powered.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I'd like to get a self powered one for Wii U because the USB ports are underpowered on it and they keep failing on me.

DaBoss

I'd like to get a self powered one for Wii U because the USB ports are underpowered on it and they keep failing on me.
Some alternatives:
a) Get a Y-cable that can connect the HDD to two USB ports
b) Get a self-powered USB hub (Note: You would have to disconnect your HDD or turn off the hub if you want to shut off the HDD with this option)

I think you have no other choice but to manually compute it. I only have 3 games ordered on my 33% promotion. So it's a lot easier on my part.

edit: OR subtotal * 30% to see if you will get the full discount.

Yeah got tons of games on mine and I can't add 30% to the subtotal because some of the games have discount given already in the price.

Amazon, :LOL

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Some alternatives:
a) Get a Y-cable that can connect the HDD to two USB ports
b) Get a self-powered USB hub (Note: You would have to disconnect your HDD or turn off the hub if you want to shut off the HDD with this option)

I have a Y cable and it still messes up.

I've never seen USB hubs before.

MarkusRJR

I'm also interested in a good 500gb or less self powered hard drive. Any recommendations? Everything seems USB powered and I'm annoyed.

Canon

Banned
Staples has some coupons being sent to emails. If anyone has a $25 off $75 one, I can trade it for a $30 off any hard drive.

ovii

anybody order xblaze for vita on amazon? Still hasn't shipped. I'm beginning to think that maybe I should have just preordered everything on BB.

Top Bottom