• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

Dazzler

Went into Staples on Burrard St in Vancouver this morning to scope out any potential game deals, nothing but PC games left :(

Last time I was in there in April they had a full games section

nordique

Anyone know the best place to find a Mario Kart Wii U Hardware bundle? I've checked a few places in Calgary, but I haven't had much luck yet.

They're mostly sold out from what I've noticed. Have you tried any of the toys r us locations?

Toys r us tends to have older bundles. Though try calling first. I'm relatively certain I saw one at the toys r us in market mall a few days ago.

Also try looking online EB games to see if any of the locations in the city have some stock. They're decent with letting you know.

johnnycanuck4

Neo Member
Anyone know the best place to find a Mario Kart Wii U Hardware bundle? I've checked a few places in Calgary, but I haven't had much luck yet.

Sold out everywhere here in Vancouver except the odd walmart. I suggest cheking their stock online before heading out. Amazon has them in stock as well

nordique

Where can I find War for Cybertron brand-new sealed? Gotta start growing my PS3 collection for when I get a bracket for my 500GB HDD.

For certainty, Amazon or ebay would be a good bets (resellers)

Otherwise u can try and chance the larger stores.

If u can't find one, I'm assuming the reason you want brand new is so u have mint condition cases etc

If u find a relatively good used copy, one thing I did was grab a bunch of cheap ps3 games at walmart (5$ ones if u can happen across them like eye Petz and all that) and then I swapped the covers and discs for the brand new ones.

I then took the older case crappy games and traded them in. U don't get much for the trades (we're talking a dollar or so) but my focus was getting new official cases

It works great for games u get a fair bit cheaper than retail but still want a new case to go along with it. Might not be everyone's thing but it's decent and can make games much more appealing for resell as well

Sorry to hear about your knee injury!
Competitive multiplayer might also kill much of your time if you're into it, recently started playing BF4 and the game is pretty much fixed!

Thanks for the recommendation. I've actually been playing BF4 since release and yeah its pretty good now, though it took them far to long to get it too this point. I double dipped on PC and XB1 to play with friends, oops. I picked up CoD Ghosts during an amazon sale to play with friends a few weeks ago, but I find I just can't get into CoD anymore.

Oh man, good luck with that. I had a few knew injuries in the past, mostly from sports and including a surgery few years ago. I can tell you it isn't fun at all but I guess you could get tons if gaming done :p

Sorry to hear about your past injuries too. I broke it into 3 pieces inline skating by hitting a metal divider that stuck out between two pieces of sidewalk concrete, which stopped me dead and threw me onto my knee. Pretty annoying cause its a fairly new section of flat sidewalk, oh well.. Recovery is taking quite a while and I can only start physio in about 3 weeks, but yeah I'm getting some good gaming time in between just getting Deus Ex: HR on Wii U, Tomb Raider and Wolfenstein on XB1 and a few more games on the Steam summer sales. Also have some backlog to pick from as well.

Oneself

I'm trying to get my E3 pre-order prices ajusted at Futureshop (minus 15$ on TLOU and 5$ on Metro Redux). Two emails so far, just sent a third one... Anyone here succeeded?

I'm trying to get my E3 pre-order prices ajusted at Futureshop (minus 15$ on TLOU and 5$ on Metro Redux). Two emails so far, just sent a third one... Anyone here succeeded?

I'm not even gonna try. I'm still getting them below retail, and as far as I'm concerned it's the gamble you make when you preorder a ton of games. I saved like $450 with all my orders, I'm not gonna harp over another 10.

Hyunkel6

So, about this Staple's clearance sale. Does this only apply to games or are consoles also included?
Consoles too. Went to mine (downtown Montreal) after work today, and saw Wii U Deluxe for $233, PS3 and 360 for $99, Vita for $130 (sold out though) and 2DS for $70.

Would have loved a Vita at that price.

Was tempted to buy AC4 PS4 for $30 and Lightning Returns 360 for $20, but they will probably hit that price or lower by the end of summer.

i-Jest

Consoles too. Went to mine (downtown Montreal) after work today, and saw Wii U Deluxe for $233, PS3 and 360 for $99, Vita for $130 (sold out though) and 2DS for $70.

Would have loved a Vita at that price.

Was tempted to buy AC4 PS4 for $30 and Lightning Returns 360 for $20, but they will probably hit that price or lower by the end of summer.

Interesting. Does anyone have the details on this clearance? Tried searching Staple's site to no avail. Maybe my navigation skills suck right now.

lupinko

Anyone know where is the cheapest a brand new Wii mini can be bought? I have to buy one for my friend here who collects game consoles.

And cheapest sold in Greater Vancouver to make it clear so I can get a friend or family to pick it up for me.

Anyone know where is the cheapest a brand new Wii mini can be bought? I have to buy one for my friend here who collects game consoles.

And cheapest sold in Greater Vancouver to make it clear so I can get a friend or family to pick it up for me.

If you need help with that let me know and I can help with the purchase and shipping if you want.

Vamphuntr

Went to my staples and they had a lot of very good deals. I guess it has its advantage to live in the middle of nowhere.

It's too bad I don't have a Xbox One or PS4 yet because they had all games at 30$ and under and they take off 25% on top of it at the register. Dead Rising 3, Ryse, Killzone Shadow Fall, Knack Thief, Ass Creed 4 and more were all 29.97$. So at checkout with the 25% off it should be 22.50$ each.

The Metal Gear V prologue were 19.97$

They had a lot of 360/PS3 games too. Got Lightning Returns for 14.98 after the 25% off and I think it's a good price for it.

Saw Resident Evil Revelaitons 360/PS3 for 19.97$

3DS section had a poor selection. The Pokemon Mysterious Dungeon game for 19.97$ and the Mario Party game for 30$.

The Hot Shot Golf for Vita is 14,97$ and Kill Zone Mercenary is 29,97$

Didn't check Wii U much but I saw the Lego City Undercover for 39.97$ (so I guess 30$ after the 25% off).

3DS XL were 103.54$ or something. Apparently they are 99.99$ according to the clearance sticker on it but there is some eco fee added to it. With the 25%off they should be close to 78$.

There was also a bunch of PC games and console peripherals like that Call of Duty Ghosts headset on clearance.

They are really giving up on video games lol

krae_man

Wait there was 25% off the clearance prices? I got Revelations and DKCR for $19.97 each and didn't get a discount at the register.

krae_man

I also saw Wii Party U for $20. If I hadn't got it free with Mario Kart I would have snaged it. But I don't really need another wiimote.

Vamphuntr

Here how it appears on the receipt. As long as it has a yellow clearance sticker you should get the 25% off, it's advertised in the store as they had other products on clearance also.

rRIf8R8.jpg

RcNDwkt.jpg

Went into my local EB, they had lowered the price of TLOU Remaster to match Sony at 54.99, but didn't even know it. The employees are great, I feel like they get docked by EBgames as much as we do.

Haines

Banned
If I went to my local staples, what would the chances of me finding Tomb Raider PS4 for at least 30 bucks be? I suppose I could call huh.

I know someone else has pointed this out, but you just have the weirdest requests for this thread most of the time.

Who else pointed this out?

Why do you think I commonly call them "unique"? ;)

I could try used. I just don't like buying used copies unless they are DIRT cheap.

And I mentioned my HDD is because I'm a PS+ user so I have a shit ton of digital games already claimed. Also WFC isn't available digitally (FOC is but it's $60, da hell?).

Parapraxis

That's how you know Kijij's gotten to popular for its own good.

Yeah, it's getting there, but I found that ad kinda funny.
No way I'd actually do a deal like that though.

On an aside, Another guy locally is trying to sell a used Wii U, knock off brand wiimote/nunchuck, and 3 terrible games...his asking price started at something like $500!
Some people really are nuts.
He's since lowered it to $240. haha.

kennah

Thee is a guy selling a purple 3ds for $340 because 'it's not available anymore' but mentions in the ad that they got it for free.

Is there any online evidence of the sale on the Staples website? I couldn't find any. I ask because I've had walmart pricematch clearance game hardware from staples before. A few months ago the 3DS XLs were marked down by $20 or so at Staples but were sold out and the shelf was empty...I took a photo of the sale sticker on my phone and brought it to walmart and they gave me the discounted price. Having some online proof of the sale would be a good way to get stuff on discount at walmart when it's sold out at Staples.

oneils

Was checking out walmart's webiste today and saw that Gran Turismo 6 is 20 bucks with fee shipping.

http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/gran-turismo-6-ps3/6000109165275

Decided to grab it. I've never really played a GT before. I think I had some sort of demo for a ps2 version and I sucked really bad at it. 20 bucks seems like a decent price to give it a shot.

Not sure if this is already known or what. Seems like it is 30 bucks everywhere else.

edit: ooops, beaten by NoStyle
Until Jul 3: Gran Turismo 6 is $19.94 (50% off) @ Walmart - http://owl.li/ywlHV

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Thee is a guy selling a purple 3ds for $340 because 'it's not available anymore' but mentions in the ad that they got it for free.

Try offering him some chicken nuggets and mountain dew for it instead.

Haines

Banned
Hey guys. I have a neat question for yall.

I have the Mario Kart 8 free game promo, right? I have all of the games.

The games are New Super Mario Bros. U, Pikmin 3, The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD, or Wii Party U.

So, I offered the free game to anyone on here for 20 bucks, but no takers, as Im probably late to the party on that..

So I figure, I can probably just trade in one of the disc versions and download the digital *free version.

Im trying to figure which game I can get the most value for.

I know of this site http://www.tivs.ca/Nintendo-Wii-U/ , but some reason a lot of stores dont have values filled in, even on a game like Zelda.

Can I call best buy and ask trade in values?

ohlawd

aww I really did miss out on the Staples shit

All they had left was a crap ton of Wii and DS games in a single bin. I saw ME3 Wii U for 20 but nah, I can get that later and maybe cheaper than that.

iphys

Pikmin 3 and NSMBU give you the most CN coins and digital deluxe points, and I'm pretty sure Pikmin 3 will still be easier to get more value for, given all the sales there have been for NSMBU, so just go with Pikmin 3.

i-Jest

Is there any online evidence of the sale on the Staples website? I couldn't find any. I ask because I've had walmart pricematch clearance game hardware from staples before. A few months ago the 3DS XLs were marked down by $20 or so at Staples but were sold out and the shelf was empty...I took a photo of the sale sticker on my phone and brought it to walmart and they gave me the discounted price. Having some online proof of the sale would be a good way to get stuff on discount at walmart when it's sold out at Staples.

I'd check RFD threads on the sales. People are posting receipts. http://forums.redflagdeals.com/staples-getting-out-video-game-business-clearance-deals-ymmv-1473744/27/

Hey guys. I have a neat question for yall.

I have the Mario Kart 8 free game promo, right? I have all of the games.

The games are New Super Mario Bros. U, Pikmin 3, The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD, or Wii Party U.

So, I offered the free game to anyone on here for 20 bucks, but no takers, as Im probably late to the party on that..

So I figure, I can probably just trade in one of the disc versions and download the digital *free version.

Im trying to figure which game I can get the most value for.

I know of this site http://www.tivs.ca/Nintendo-Wii-U/ , but some reason a lot of stores dont have values filled in, even on a game like Zelda.

Can I call best buy and ask trade in values?

It's worth a shot. The worst case is they deny you that info for whatever bullshit reason.

Sajjaja

People price match photos of receipts?

Buggy Loop

Gold Member
I went to staples today totally by chance, place Dupuis in montreal, came out with super mario 3d world for 29$ - 25%. Wow. I took the last box too!

ohlawd

my local Staples was horrible in the games department anyway. Not too miffed but nice job to all of you who got sick deals.

Top Bottom