• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

Okamid3n

I went to staples today totally by chance, place Dupuis in montreal, came out with super mario 3d world for 29$ - 25%. Wow. I took the last box too!

That's like a 5 minutes walk for me! Darn, I convinced myself that Staples wouldn't have anything in stock, so I didn't bother...

Do you know if they have Tropical Freeze? Is that even on sale?

People price match photos of receipts?

They price matched a photo of the sale sticker/shelf card that was sitting on an empty shelf. I had it zoomed in so the SKU etc was visible and it had staples store info on the card. If staples is sold out of of something you want and they still have the tag, walmart will likely match it if you have a convincing photo(ie, the sales tag has dates/prices/SKU on it).

Buggy Loop

Gold Member
That's like a 5 minutes walk for me! Darn, I convinced myself that Staples wouldn't have anything in stock, so I didn't bother...

Do you know if they have Tropical Freeze? Is that even on sale?

No tropical freeze. By memory they had CoD blops, Scribblenauts, Lego (almost took this one too), and the rest was mostly crap. There was Luigi's mansion for 3DS too, very tempting but 1 game was enough.

Socreges

Banned
Is Gran Turismo even all that fun without a good wheel? I've never really gotten into racing games beyond a stint of GT3 with a Logitech PS2 wheel.

Speaking of which - would that work with GT6?

Had a preview of the new target flyer at work for this coming week, pretty much nothing in the electronics department, i dont see the 50% of ... games sign anymore so im guessing by friday its officially done.. Hope yall got your deals lol

krae_man

Skylanders WiiU is $200 again at BB/FS. Watch Dogs uber whatever the hell it's called edition is $99.99.

Nothing much else in the way of deals.

Terrible Canada day sale is terrible.

Achtius

stupid question. Do you need to pay tax when buying games on Origin? Didn't preorder sims 4 during the e3 deals, so thinking about just getting it on Origin if there is no tax.

Apathy

Question for the Amazon E3 preorder folks. Current my games are on super saver shipment. Anyone experience a long delay with the delivery of your preordered games with super saver? Should I just suck it up and up the shipment speed?

Vamphuntr

Question for the Amazon E3 preorder folks. Current my games are on super saver shipment. Anyone experience a long delay with the delivery of your preordered games with super saver? Should I just suck it up and up the shipment speed?

Amazon usually have trouble stocking up new releases so it might ship 1-2+ days after the game is released depending on the game. If the game is niche you will wait a bit. With the arrival of Prime in Canada they also seems to take longer to ship stuff to non prime members too.

Sealtest

Amazon usually have trouble stocking up new releases so it might ship 1-2+ days after the game is released depending on the game. If the game is niche you will wait a bit. With the arrival of Prime in Canada they also seems to take longer to ship stuff to non prime members too.

I've actually been told by a CS person over the phone if you don't have prime or chose the fastest shipping your priority for an item is terrible. Friend ordered Ghosts at launch and since he chose free shipping his shipped 3 days late.

I've actually been told by a CS person over the phone if you don't have prime or chose the fastest shipping your priority for an item is terrible. Friend ordered Ghosts at launch and since he chose free shipping his shipped 3 days late.

I would kind of expect that though, no? That's why it's the free shipping method, and that's why they offer more expensive options. They say right when you buy it that it usually ships in 3-5 (or something) days.

I always find it hilarious when people who choose the free shipping option get angry that they don't get it on release day.

Sealtest

I never expect release, but for items recently with free shipping they haven't shipped it out till a few days past launch, Or even at all. I lost a tales of Xillia CE because of that.

lupinko

Just a reminder for CanadaGAF, I can get Japanese itunes, PSN and eshop. And in return you can give me the Canadian equivalent in itunes and eshop, not really Psn right now since I'm mostly gaming on 3ds nowadays.

I've helped a gaffer here before, and this would be a straight swap and no exorbitant fees attached!

And happy Canada Day since it's already July 1st here in Japan.

iLLmAtlc

Jinto

I have Prime. Just got my shipping notice today for Atelier Rorona Plus. The game came out last week. Not really impressed, but I guess they have problems receiving stock on time for some Japanese games. We'll see what happens with the rest of my pre-orders.

khaaan

Oh yeah, Canada day. Not working/being at home all day makes time one big blur. Happy Canada day GAF! I wonder if FS/BB have any good gaming deals.

Tapejara

Happy Canada Day!

I have Prime. Just got my shipping notice today for Atelier Rorona Plus. The game came out last week. Not really impressed, but I guess they have problems receiving stock on time for some Japanese games. We'll see what happens with the rest of my pre-orders.

Yeah, Amazon can be pretty hit or miss with new releases. I've had instances where games came like a week after launch - even with Prime. My copy of Sniper Elite 3 arrived on time though, so maybe it's getting better for certain areas. Still kind of wary about having most of my pre-orders with Amazon, but considering most of their prices were $10-$20 cheaper than EB/BB/FS a few weeks ago I don't really mind waiting.

Luigi87

Happy Canada Day GAF.
And while I too do not take part in it, I do know a few people who do, so a happy Ramadan to those whom are.

ohlawd

Happy Canada day, everybody.

I'm here to tell you that Rorona Plus is awesome. Really like the small changes from the original game.

Top Bottom