• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

Anyone interested in a copy of sniper elite 3 for xbox one? Paid $40 for it through the amazon deal. Its going to cost me $6 to return it.

PM me - I'm looking to unload it at cost.

I have a somewhat odd request that I'm hoping someone can assist. Over the last month, I recall entering a The Source and seeing a clearance DSi point card at $10 (essentially) half price. I've almost retraced my steps and can't spot it. Anyone have any idea where?

In short: where can I find cheap wii/DSi points

I have Prime. Just got my shipping notice today for Atelier Rorona Plus. The game came out last week. Not really impressed, but I guess they have problems receiving stock on time for some Japanese games. We'll see what happens with the rest of my pre-orders.

Jesus. If that's what Prime gets you, fuck Amazon. That said, I still don't have a shipping notice for Rorona. Hilariously, I walked into Game Centre at Bloor/Yonge in Toronto looking for random old games and Rorona Plus is on the wall as a new release. If not for the E3 discount, it would've been the fourth time in a row I've cancelled an Atelier pre-order on Amazon.

Still: preferable to Best Buy/Future Shop making me walk to a post office.

I would kind of expect that though, no? That's why it's the free shipping method, and that's why they offer more expensive options. They say right when you buy it that it usually ships in 3-5 (or something) days.

I always find it hilarious when people who choose the free shipping option get angry that they don't get it on release day.

Except it used to be way, way, way better. Amazon.ca used to deliver for release date or the day after with free shipping in downtown Toronto. It's been getting steadily worse over the past year or two. Either Canada Post is shitting the bed (unlikely, since other stuff seems to be okay) or Amazon is purposely holding your stuff back just to get you to pay for Prime. Why should I support that bullshit with my money?

Except it used to be way, way, way better. Amazon.ca used to deliver for release date or the day after with free shipping in downtown Toronto. It's been getting steadily worse over the past year or two. Either Canada Post is shitting the bed (unlikely, since other stuff seems to be okay) or Amazon is purposely holding your stuff back just to get you to pay for Prime. Why should I support that bullshit with my money?

You mean since they introduced Prime? ;)

I live in downtown Vancouver, and I always get my deliveries in pretty decent time. It isn't always release day (though sometimes it is), but certainly never long enough to warrant any dissatisfaction considering the shipping is free. There are certain cases, such as in the thick of the Holiday season, or on like a massive game release (like aCall of Duty), that I assume there are thousands of the same thing being shipped out, so I just figure it isn't realistic to expect it in one or two days.

Seik

Banned
More like Happy Moving Day/Bonne Fête du Déménagement haha.

Happy Canada Day GAF

Hahaha, yeah, there's trucks/pick-ups everywhere and the containers are full of furniture everywhere already.

Happy Canada Day to all my fellow Canadian GAFers!

xCobalt

Has there been any deals recently for a wired xbox 360 controller? If there hasn't, any substitutable gamepads that work on both xbox and pc?

mdubs

Banned
Happy Canada Day GAF!

Heads up, Amazon now has AC Unity and Far Cry 4 for $49.97, meaning preorder guarantee is in effect if you preordered during E3.

Looks like I'm getting Destiny, AC Unity and Far Cry 4 for $34.99 each :)

therapist

These PC poutine flavoured potato chips are pretty good :lol

I saw those at maxi the other day and was skeptical...will have to try them then.

Happy Canada Day!

Edit ; mdubs how does that work ? Do we need to contact them or its automatic? I did pre-order FC4 from amazon as well

Re-edit , talked with amazon live chat - its automatic but they adjustede it for me to see right away anyways

jholmes

Wow I had no idea do many great games were Canadian. I thought Guacamole was Mexican

Not only is Guacamelee Canadian, but I walked right by Drinkbox Studios once and had no idea. Their studio is in a crummy sorta building a little west of downtown Toronto.

sikkinixx

Happy Canada day everyone. First one in at least a decade where I'm down south instead of at home to see fireworks. A balmy 43 degrees here in SoCal today... I miss Vancouver.

Sealtest

Anyone know a good place 2 get a PSP 4 cheap? I got my hands on a copy of Digimon World: Re: Digitize but nothing 2 play it with.

Anyone know a good place 2 get a PSP 4 cheap? I got my hands on a copy of Digimon World: Re: Digitize but nothing 2 play it with.

Dunno how much luck you'll have at retail these days. That said, I was in a couple of used game stores in Toronto over the weekend and they've got plenty of used PSPs available, so maybe try that route if you're in a large-ish city?

Jinto

I'm here to tell you that Rorona Plus is awesome. Really like the small changes from the original game.

Well, shit. You disliked DR, so you better not be wrong about this game too. ;P Really, I'm just jealous you have your copy already.

Seriously though, this is gonna be my first Atelier game. So excited. Anything wrong with playing this before the others?

It's sitting at the local UPS facility right now, but not scheduled for delivery until Thursday for some reason. I better get game my game today.

flkraven

Does anyone know where I can get a cheap wireless router that doesn't consistently drop connection? I have a D-Link DIR-615, and the piece of shit drops connection on every device consistently (phone, laptop, pc). I don't care about wireless gaming performance, since all of my gaming devices are wired in. I just want something that I will stay connected to when I am 3 feet away from the god damn device, and N is prefered but G will work fine too if there is a big price difference.

Well, shit. You disliked DR, so you better not be wrong about this game too. ;P Really, I'm just jealous you have your copy already.

Seriously though, this is gonna be my first Atelier game. So excited. Anything wrong with playing this before the others?

It's sitting at the local UPS facility right now, but not scheduled for delivery until Thursday for some reason. I better get game my game today.

Nope! Rorona is the first chronologically in the Arland trilogy, so play with confidence!

Jinto

Nope! Rorona is the first chronologically in the Arland trilogy, so play with confidence!

Cool! My tracking has been updated to "Destination Scan" and the arrival date has been changed to today. Yours ship yet?

Edit: Just read again that it hasn't yet. That sucks, dude. The only reason I got prime is because I made a large order, and it was cheaper than paying for shipping. I share with my friends and family, so it's been worth it in that regard. I wish they had the same sharing feature that Amazon.com has. And getting my game a week late is dumb.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Does anyone know where I can get a cheap wireless router that doesn't consistently drop connection? I have a D-Link DIR-615, and the piece of shit drops connection on every device consistently (phone, laptop, pc). I don't care about wireless gaming performance, since all of my gaming devices are wired in. I just want something that I will stay connected to when I am 3 feet away from the god damn device, and N is prefered but G will work fine too if there is a big price difference.

Have this one and it dropped connections constantly, but it's WAY better now that I installed the DD-WRT custom firmware. It's really not that hard, you should give it a try...!

Top Bottom