• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

Assassin's Creed Unity (PS4/Xbox One) are both $49.96 on amazon.ca

Xbox One

PS4

Guess it is also good news for us who did the E3 Pre-orders as we'll get our prices adjusted to $49.96 and get our 30% off too!

flkraven

Have this one and it dropped connections constantly, but it's WAY better now that I installed the DD-WRT custom firmware. It's really not that hard, you should give it a try...!

Haven't really done this before. Do I just download the firmware flash from them, and updated the firmware by pointing the router to the file? Do I need to make any changes after the flash?

krae_man

What's with people asking for new copies of 5 year old games all of a sudden?

You'll have to get lucky with a bargin bin at this point.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Haven't really done this before. Do I just download the firmware flash from them, and updated the firmware by pointing the router to the file? Do I need to make any changes after the flash?

Find the exact version of your router here, and you'll have specific instructions for your router. It's pretty straightforward. In short, yes, you just install the firmware from your router's interface. Some router models might need a few extra steps, but nothing major. If you follow the instruction and really make sure you have the right files and instructions for your router model, it will go smoothly.

Jinto

Probably because they're harder to find than new ones. I can usually track down older games, but I'm finding this particular one pretty difficult.

flkraven

Find the exact version of your router here, and you'll have specific instructions for your router. It's pretty straightforward. In short, yes, you just install the firmware from your router's interface. Some router models might need a few extra steps, but nothing major. If you follow the instruction and really make sure you have the right files and instructions for your router model, it will go smoothly.

Awesome. Thanks for the help. I'll give this a whirl tonight.

Returners

How can I find out if a game is coming out in Canada?

Saints Row 4 is getting a National Treasure Edition ala SR3: Full Package.

It's releasing soon in US and is showing up on Bestbuy.com and Gamestop.com, but nothing of yet on Ebgames.ca and Bestbuy.ca sites.

Just wanted to thank you fellow Canadians for helping me get some incredible deals! I'd be in debt if it weren't for all the money I'm saving because of the E3 deals.

Stage On

Still waiting for Amazon.ca to ship my copy of Atelier Rorona Plus :(

It's been marked as prepairing to ship since monday and they've charged my credit card too. I understand that it couldn't ship yesterday since that was a holiday and all but I don't know why it's taking them so long today to get it out the door.

ohlawd

Well, shit. You disliked DR, so you better not be wrong about this game too. ;P Really, I'm just jealous you have your copy already.

Seriously though, this is gonna be my first Atelier game. So excited. Anything wrong with playing this before the others?

Hey, that's not here or there :p

sorry, really tried hard to like it tho. Badly written cases, characters are full of shit, tedious nonsense gameplay. Can I have props for beating it at least? >_> Got nothing on either Ace Attorney or Zero Escape.

Chrom's already got you covered. I hope you like it so you can follow Totori, Meruru and then the Dusk series with Ayesha and Escha & Logy.

frequency

Still waiting for Amazon.ca to ship my copy of Atelier Rorona Plus :(

It's been marked as prepairing to ship since monday and they've charged my credit card too. I understand that it couldn't ship yesterday since that was a holiday and all but I don't know why it's taking them so long today to get it out the door.

Because Amazon Prime.

I'm in the same situation with that game. That's how it is for the majority of my orders with Amazon since Prime was introduced in Canada.

Amazon prior to Prime was good service (on par with any other online retailer). But then they introduced Prime. How do they make it better than the service they had previously? They couldn't. So the answer they chose was to make the Free Shipping option artificially take way longer than it should.

It's because Prime members get priority over you in packing your order. It doesn't matter if someone with Prime ordered later, they get to cut in front of you in line. And Amazon won't get to you until all the Prime orders are dealt with first.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!

Too bad Zellers is gone or else people wouldn't have a problem finding those games at full price.

EB PS4 deal: PS4 + Watch Dogs + 3-months of PS+ for $450

O3mBnIh.jpg

Because Amazon Prime.

I'm in the same situation with that game. That's how it is for the majority of my orders with Amazon since Prime was introduced in Canada.

Amazon prior to Prime was good service (on par with any other online retailer). But then they introduced Prime. How do they make it better than the service they had previously? They couldn't. So the answer they chose was to make the Free Shipping option artificially take way longer than it should.

It's because Prime members get priority over you in packing your order. It doesn't matter if someone with Prime ordered later, they get to cut in front of you in line. And Amazon won't get to you until all the Prime orders are dealt with first.

But it's also like somehow all the Amazon warehouse workers, when they move from the Prime packing shift to the non-Prime packing shift, also get handcuffed behind their back and have to pack all the orders using only their teeth. It's the only explanation for why there's a multiple-day lag.

Dazzler

Does anyone have the link for the website that gives trade in values?

I have a bunch of stuff I'm looking to unload

Bought MLB 14 for full price and decided it's not for me :facepalm:

Jinto

I've been looking for it as well and the only option I found lately was used at EB or importing from the US!
Still not decided what I'm gonna do.

Yeah, I called the stores in my area, including all the EB's and they don't have it. I'll keep an eye out for you, and if I find an extra copy, I'll let you know. :)

Hey, that's not here or there :p

sorry, really tried hard to like it tho. Badly written cases, characters are full of shit, tedious nonsense gameplay. Can I have props for beating it at least? >_> Got nothing on either Ace Attorney or Zero Escape.

Chrom's already got you covered. I hope you like it so you can follow Totori, Meruru and then the Dusk series with Ayesha and Escha & Logy.

Yep, mad props for completing it and your willingness to try the second one too. I could never finish a game I didn't like. Too many games I haven't played to do that.

That reminds me, I should really start the Ace Attorney and Zero Escape games along with Atelier. I tried 999 once, but stopped after
I found out I had to play the game a bunch of times to get multiple endings for the best experience.
I'll definitely go back to it tho.

Because Amazon Prime.

I only started ordering from Amazon last year when Prime was already introduced.

Like I said earlier, I have prime, and this was my first pre-order from them. Getting the game a week late sucks, but if you guys without Prime haven't even had your games shipped yet, then that is ridiculous. I usually prefer Amazon to sites like BB and FS, because in my experience, they have superior customer service.

Has anyone who went to the Smashfest at Bestbuy actually received their coin yet? The website said they would be shipped the following Monday, while others said it would be shipped in 2 weeks, yet over 3 weeks later and I've heard nothing of it.

Stage On

Like I said earlier, I have prime, and this was my first pre-order from them. Getting the game a week late sucks, but if you guys without Prime haven't even had your games shipped yet, then that is ridiculous. I usually prefer Amazon to sites like BB and FS, because in my experience, they have superior customer service.

Tell me about it, slowing stuff down just to sell Prime is really pissing me off. What is the point of paying for two day shipping when stuff always used to get to me at that speed for free?

Once an item ships I usually get it the next business day anyhow, all they are doing now is holding my stuff hostage to make it take longer.

DJ_Lae

Amazon can occasionally be slow to ship stuff out even with Prime (which I've had for about a year now).

I haven't really ordered games from them before, at least not on launch. Guess we'll see how all the E3 preorder stuff works out.

Movies are good, though. The last couple I ordered (Lego Movie, Frozen) all came the night before actual release.

Future Shop and Best Buy are a similar crapshoot, although I have found I get games sooner here in Edmonton than I did when I was living in Victoria (which makes less sense given they're still coming out of Vancouver most of the time).

edit - I will probably pay for Prime again simply because I can order dumb shit far under the minimum for free shipping and have it in one or two days. 99 cent items eligible for Prime are the best.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
CONGRATULATIONS!

As a thank you for your interest in PlayStation™Now, we would like to invite you into the PlayStation®4 Private Beta! You will have the opportunity to be among the first in the world to experience select PlayStation®3 games on your PS4™!
I tried giving this away in the Toronto thread but apparently nobody wanted it. First PM gets the code.

EDIT: Gone to kurahadol. Enjoy.

HeelPower

Guys where is the best place in downtown Montreal to repair my PS3 ?

I bought this new super slim PS3 last year and I think it needs a new power supply(maybe among other things)

Know a place that can take care of it ? I really need experienced advice.

Sora_N

Does anyone have the link for the website that gives trade in values?

I have a bunch of stuff I'm looking to unload

Bought MLB 14 for full price and decided it's not for me :facepalm:

Craigslist but people are cheap as hell here in Vancouver.

I was just checking Superufo and saw WiiU pro controller for $22 and I started making an order to find the shipping is $23 :(
If you buy two of them the shipping will be $28 and it adds $5 for each additional one but I need only one, oh well!

XBP

I bought this new super slim PS3 last year and I think it needs a new power supply(maybe among other things)

Maybe ask sony? That would be my first choice for getting it repaired.

Lexxism

OT: Did anyone bought at Hobbywave? Will I get hit by import taxes if I buy from them?

edit: OR are all toys duty free? And I just need to pay for GST/HST?

I have no idea about the "best" place but I'm pretty sure there is a little repair shop on maisonneuve just east of Concordia that advertises console repair along with the usual PC / iPad stuff. No idea if they actually know what they are doing though. (There's a shop I see every morning with a picture of a passport with a baby on it, but they don't actually have the equipment to take baby photos. The basic lesson is, you have to go in and ask.)

Zing

Banned
I just recently started playing Pokemon and my girlfriend is interested. Any deals on a Nintendo 2DS anywhere? It's $130 everywhere I look. There are a few ads for $100-110 on kijiji, but then I have to drive all over the damn place. I'd rather just walk in or order online.

Also, did everyone decide to buy Pokemon Y instead of X? I see literally dozens of copies of Y for sale, but only a single X. Trying to get X, although I don't even know the difference. X just sounds cool.

Edit: Amazon has them on sale for $99. But lists 2-4 week shipping time. Why even bother listing it on the site.

I just recently started playing Pokemon and my girlfriend is interested. Any deals on a Nintendo 2DS anywhere? It's $130 everywhere I look. There are a few ads for $100-110 on kijiji, but then I have to drive all over the damn place. I'd rather just walk in or order online.

Also, did everyone decide to buy Pokemon Y instead of X? I see literally dozens of copies of Y for sale, but only a single X. Trying to get X, although I don't even know the difference. X just sounds cool.

Edit: Amazon has them on sale for $99. But lists 2-4 week shipping time. Why even bother listing it on the site.

If there's a Target or a Staples nearby and you don't live in, say, Toronto or surrounding suburbs, try those stores. Both have been clearing out video game stuff lately, including 2DS/3DS consoles.

ohlawd

Amazon having it in stock doesn't mean shit

they can decide to ship it weeks later even with 262264184 units available.

Jinto

Not a 2DS, but I have a brand new red 3DS XL I can sell you for cheap, if you're interested. Otherwise, yeah, check your local Target and Staples. They were going for $69 at Target the last time I was there.

Zing

Banned
I just discovered that Walmart has them on sale for $99. $69 sounds better, but chances of my Target having it in stock are slim. And of course Target's website is useless to check stock.

OT: Did anyone bought at Hobbywave? Will I get hit by import taxes if I buy from them?

edit: OR are all toys duty free? And I just need to pay for GST/HST?

You pay tax when you order. This is how my order looked like:

SUBTOTAL: $68.30
SHIPPING COST: $18.00
SALES TAX: $11.22
STORE CREDIT USED:($0.00)
TOTAL BEFORE COUPON:$97.52

There shouldn't be any more charges on top of that as I understand it.

Top Bottom