• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

Oneself

Guys where is the best place in downtown Montreal to repair my PS3 ?

I bought this new super slim PS3 last year and I think it needs a new power supply(maybe among other things)

Know a place that can take care of it ? I really need experienced advice.

Cdsolution.ca, great and fast service. You can drop your console somewhere near you or they send you a box etc.
Professional work & 3 months guarantee.

Lexxism

You pay tax when you order. This is how my order looked like:

SUBTOTAL: $68.30
SHIPPING COST: $18.00
SALES TAX: $11.22
STORE CREDIT USED:($0.00)
TOTAL BEFORE COUPON:$97.52

There shouldn't be any more charges on top of that as I understand it.

Ah, so it's like buying from a local store since you won't pay any customs fees. I wonder if toys are duty free and I just need to pay GST/PST when importing one outside of Canada.

Zing

Banned
Positive: all three target stores near me have plenty of 2DS systems in stock.

Negative: the reason they are in stock is due to them scanning at full price.

Seik

Banned
*Check mails*

''AMAZON.CA - Kirby Triple Deluxe - Nintendo 3DS''

Alright! I was waiting for a deal, finally!

*Open mail*

epxPvD9.png

WOAH, I NEED TO BUY THIS NOW, $0,04 OFF, HOLY SHIT. ¬_¬

*Check mails*

''AMAZON.CA - Kirby Triple Deluxe - Nintendo 3DS''

Alright! I was waiting for a deal, finally!

*Open mail*

epxPvD9.png

WOAH, I NEED TO BUY THIS NOW, $0,04 OFF, HOLY SHIT. ¬_¬

Yeah, it's the problem with Amazon's obnoxious "super-personalized" nature to everyhting. I actually hate how the front page of their site works, how it's tailored to each person's browsing habits (or so they say). I accidentally stumble upon a blender JUST ONCE, and suddenly my front page is full of kitchen/bedroom accessories. It's sooooo annoying. I'd rather just a generic front page that shows me the very best deals at the moment.

Sora_N

Anyone know where I can find spare ps3 and ps4 power cables? I take my systems up and downstairs now so would be more convenient lol

Yeah, it's the problem with Amazon's obnoxious "super-personalized" nature to everyhting. I actually hate how the front page of their site works, how it's tailored to each person's browsing habits (or so they say). I accidentally stumble upon a blender JUST ONCE, and suddenly my front page is full of kitchen/bedroom accessories. It's sooooo annoying. I'd rather just a generic front page that shows me the very best deals at the moment.

It's weirdly comforting to me because it implies that Amazon's recommendation algorithms are still so basic as to be fooled by dumb things like "I looked at a blender once." Of course, I haven't ruled out that Amazon does this on purpose to make their algorithms look dumber than they actually are.

Positive: all three target stores near me have plenty of 2DS systems in stock.

Negative: the reason they are in stock is due to them scanning at full price.

Try staples? I don't know about the rest of the country but the couple I've been to in Halifax have had 2DS systems for $69.99.

krae_man

Anyone know where I can find spare ps3 and ps4 power cables? I take my systems up and downstairs now so would be more convenient lol

They both use standard power cords. Old PS3's use C13/C14, new PS3's and the PS4 use C7/C8. Any electronics supply store will have them.

Housh

FYI Futureshop emailed out Destiny Beta codes for the people who preordered during the E3 promo. Check your emails. I can't wait!

Madness

Dollar is back around 94 cents to the USD. Sucks how quickly Sony jumped up the price because it fell to 89 cents for a month or two. I bet they'll drag their feet bringing price back if it keeps getting closer to parity.

Lexxism

Dollar is back around 94 cents to the USD. Sucks how quickly Sony jumped up the price because it fell to 89 cents for a month or two. I bet they'll drag their feet bringing price back if it keeps getting closer to parity.

Well, the stores should at least dropped the $70 games to $60. Hopefully dollar will keep on getting stronger.

Yup, guess I'll be waiting for a PS4 for a while longer.

Joeku

FYI Futureshop emailed out Destiny Beta codes for the people who preordered during the E3 promo. Check your emails. I can't wait!

I have no beta code. Preordered it a year ago :(

And here I was getting ready to tie off my arm with my belt, just waiting for the sweet pierce of the needle.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.

What about BestBuy? I still don't have a code.

btw people, last week I got Ryse for 20$ from Target. Thanks to this thread. Please let me know if there is any other deal at Target. Don't know why but they don't have shit on their website.

xCobalt

What about BestBuy? I still don't have a code.

btw people, last week I got Ryse for 20$ from Target. Thanks to this thread. Please let me know if there is any other deal at Target. Don't know why but they don't have shit on their website.

I got it from best buy today. Appeared in my Promotions tab in gmail.

Haines

Banned
Its for 35$ at Amazon.ca I don't think it will go cheaper than that for some time

Oh shit. I don't use amazon. Is that a sale price? Do I have to pay for shipping?

I've been watching sale threads and RFD for weeks and nobody mentioned that, thx!

BeforeU

Oh shit. I don't use amazon. Is that a sale price? Do I have to pay for shipping?

I've been watching sale threads and RFD for weeks and nobody mentioned that, thx!

Yeah its a sale price, don't know for how long and shipping is free.

BeforeU

Haines, Tomb Raider is $35 at Best Buy too starting tomorrow.

oh that sucks, so you can't do price match and get extra 10% off. Check Futureshop, if they have it for 60$ they will do price match.

dream

Sorry, I actually meant it's $35 at Future Shop. I didn't get a Best Buy flyer this week, but I'd imagine it's the same price.

BeforeU

Destiny PS4 bundle for 470$ at BestBuy

Link

I swear this thing was 500$ when it was announced. Right?

Vibranium

Banned

It depends on how much the hikes cut into Sony Canada's game sales. Personally I feel that they should see a bump if they revert it ASAP once we get closer to parity, I hope they do this. I'm pretty sure that they've taken a hit, $70 for TLOU Remastered was an utter joke (55$ is somewhat better), and if you bought it on retail there's also high sales taxes in certain provinces.

Cynar

And here I was getting ready to tie off my arm with my belt, just waiting for the sweet pierce of the needle.
You would've got your code a long time ago if you preordered last year. I remember getting mine last year.

Haines

Banned
Sorry, I actually meant it's $35 at Future Shop. I didn't get a Best Buy flyer this week, but I'd imagine it's the same price.

Do you have a link of some kind? I'm scouring anything futureshop online and I can't find tomb raider on sale in any of the flyers

Edit: nam found some info on cag.

Thx again

I preordered from FS during E3 2013 and got my beta code on 9 Oct 2013. That's odd that yours hasn't arrived. The subject was something like "Regarding your recent order".

BeforeU

Do you have a link of some kind? I'm scouring anything futureshop online and I can't find tomb raider on sale in any of the flyers

Dude just head over to Amazon and get it. There is no shipping fee. Or Swing by BestBuy tomorrow and if they don't have it for 35. Do the price match. Here is Amazon link.

Amazon

Haines

Banned
Dude just head over to Amazon and get it. There is no shipping fee. Or Swing by BestBuy tomorrow and if they don't have it for 35. Do the price match. Here is Amazon link.

Amazon

Amazon wanted to charge me 2.00 for shipping. That's a good price but you are saying I can get it free?

BeforeU

Amazon wanted to charge me 2.00 for shipping. That's a good price but you are saying I can get it free?

Yeah its free shipping, where do you live? on my page it shows free shipping. You must have selected different shipping option. Stick with standard

You don't see the option (Free Super saver shipping)?

Oneself

Thanks.

So I assume I have to call them first or do I go straight to the drop off place ?

To make sure your infos (and serial numbers) are correctly written, you can fill up a paper on their website, print it and bring it to the drop off place with your console. Keep the wires and controllers etc.

Haines

Banned
Yeah its free shipping, where do you live? on my page it shows free shipping. You must have selected different shipping option. Stick with standard

You don't see the option (Free Super saver shipping)?

Thank you. You are right. Using the amazon app for the first time and missed a slide down window.

DVCY201

Since when did EB start automatically adding their "Preplayed Guarantee" to purchases? I just got home, and there's an extra $2 on the receipt. This really pisses me off actually. And no, they did not ask if I wanted the guarantee.

BeforeU

Since when did EB start automatically adding their "Preplayed Guarantee" to purchases? I just got home, and there's an extra $2 on the receipt. This really pisses me off actually. And no, they did not ask if I wanted the guarantee.

lol that's just bullshit. I guess the employee was a dick.

I'd return the game and get it elsewhere. Fuck that noise.

zroid

Banned

:lol

Top Bottom