• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

jholmes

So apparently EB sells used PS3 component cables for $3. Sweet deal and I'd love to grab them, but their website is totally useless. I went to the one place near me that supposedly had them in stock, and they had nada. The EB guy was all "Yeah the website sucks. Always call ahead." So now I should call 10 other locations to figure out one that has the cord? Please no.

Lexxism

When will this happen ;-;

Oh, I made a mistake on that. That should be $65 on XB1/PS4 games since 60 USD = 63 CAD right now. Well, of course if the dollar will stabilize on that or keep on getting stronger. Though I doubt the retailers will decrease the price that easily :p

DrEvil

not a medical professional
Since when did EB start automatically adding their "Preplayed Guarantee" to purchases? I just got home, and there's an extra $2 on the receipt. This really pisses me off actually. And no, they did not ask if I wanted the guarantee.

Sounds like an employee who got bitched at for not meeting numbers on
gpgs... probably did it to a bunch of people because most won't look at their receipts.

Sounds like an employee who got bitched at for not meeting numbers on
gpgs... probably did it to a bunch of people because most won't look at their receipts.

Yeah, that's some pretty ugly shit. I normally don't mind Gamestop but I might have to say something about that if it happened to me.

MarkusRJR

So Telus isn't getting the LG G3.

Just two more phones to go off the list before I move carriers. :(

-Moto X+1
-Nokia Lumia 930 (or whichever high end Lumia comes here)

On the off change they get none of these phones (or no other interesting phones), which carrier's do you guys suggest?

-Moto X+1

On the off change they get none of these phones (or no other interesting phones), which carrier's do you guys suggest?
they all suck carrier wise, but yeah get the moto X+1 when that comes out. Windows phone shmindows phone bro.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.

-Moto X+1

man I hope Lumia 930 comes soon. That phone is a beast. and gorgeous.

DVCY201

lol that's just bullshit. I guess the employee was a dick.

I'd return the game and get it elsewhere. Fuck that noise.

Yea, it is bullshit. I've never needed their "guarantee" and I doubt I ever will.

Sounds like an employee who got bitched at for not meeting numbers on gpgs... probably did it to a bunch of people because most won't look at their receipts.

Probably. I'm just so used to saying "no" to everything they say that I didn't even think of checking my receipt. Jeez, I can't believe it, but I guess I'll make it into a habit to check the receipt everytime before I leave the store.

I've got 2 extra Destiny Beta codes for PS4 if anyone is interested, I'll try to respond when I see this. I have accidentally pre-ordered it 3 times, so while I've cancelled those, I still got The codes.

Zing

Banned
The search for the cheap 2DS comes to an end. After many phone calls to targets and staples, I finally found a staples with not only a 2DS in stock ($69), but an OG Cosmo Black 3DS for only $79, so I bought that also. It's the one with the charging dock included. The other newer 3DS without it were $99.

Thanks for the advice here. I thought I had a good deal price matching at Best Buy for a $96 2DS. I'll be returning those next week (after the Nintendo mandated 7 day transfer limit, so I can transfer data back). I'm going to use the black 3DS, gift my current red one, and keep the 2DS as a future gift for someone.

i-Jest

The search for the cheap 2DS comes to an end. After many phone calls to targets and staples, I finally found a staples with not only a 2DS in stock ($69), but an OG Cosmo Black 3DS for only $79, so I bought that also. It's the one with the charging dock included. The other newer 3DS without it were $99.

Thanks for the advice here. I thought I had a good deal price matching at Best Buy for a $96 2DS. I'll be returning those next week (after the Nintendo mandated 7 day transfer limit, so I can transfer data back). I'm going to use the black 3DS, gift my current red one, and keep the 2DS as a future gift for someone.

OG 3DS user GAF welcomes you.

Lexxism

I remember someone talking about amiami here. What's the best shipping to choose from? Air Small Packet? SAL Registered? SAL Unregistered? I'm leaning towards SAL registered.

Luigi87

I remember someone talking about amiami here. What's the best shipping to choose from? Air Small Packet? SAL Registered? SAL Unregistered? I'm leaning towards SAL registered.

Definitely SAL Unregistered or EMS (if you want fast delivery + tracking)
I hear SAL Registered tends to get hit with customs, but I've never been hit with either of the above.

Lexxism

Definitely SAL Unregistered or EMS (if you want fast delivery + tracking)
I hear SAL Registered tends to get hit with customs, but I've never been hit with either of the above.

How much in Yen do you usually order? Do you ship your order as a one order or separately?

Dazzler

Any Vancouver Gaffers interested in buying Code of Princess for 3DS?

It's pretty rare in physical form so I thought I'd ask here before putting up on CL

If this is against the rules I'll delete

It's the edition with the CD/Artbook

Housh

Has anyone seen Mario Kart 8 Wii U consoles out in the wild recently? I want one bad but I think I might be way too late to find one.

Luigi87

How much in Yen do you usually order? Do you ship your order as a one order or separately?

If I'm able to ship as one order I'll do so, definitely save on shipping that way.

As for how much yen... Unregistered is slightly cheaper than Registered, and again benefit that I've never had to pay customs.

Example of ordering a Vita game: EMS was 1200 yen (probably would have been around 480 for SAL (Unregistered). EMS also gets it to me in roughly 2-4 days).

Largest I've spent via EMS was 6,520 yen. That was an order with three figures in it though, two of which had sizable boxes (and the order was almost $300 prior to shipping anyhow).

Lexxism

Largest I've spent via EMS was 6,520 yen. That was an order with three figures in it though, two of which had sizable boxes (and the order was almost $300 prior to shipping anyhow).

So you ordered almost $300 via EMS and you didn't pay any customs? Wow. I'm thinking of buying a gunpla worth 4100 and was wondering what's the best option to somehow avoid the customs. I guess it's a matter of hit or miss.

Luigi87

So you ordered almost $300 via EMS and you didn't pay any customs? Wow. I'm thinking of buying a gunpla worth 4100 and was wondering what's the best option to somehow avoid the customs. I guess it's a matter of hit or miss.

I bought the MG Hi-Nu Gundam (5,130) and Hi-Nu wet decals (292)
EMS shipping cost me 4280

So yeah, EMS was almost the price of the order alone. In this case dimension size of the box (as MG kits are huge) caused the shipping to go way up.

SAL was probably around 2000 yen.
Paid no customs though.

i-Jest

Has anyone seen Mario Kart 8 Wii U consoles out in the wild recently? I want one bad but I think I might be way too late to find one.

In an actual retail store? Nah, however, I've seen them online a week ago when some dude on the forum was asking where to find them.

Yeah I posted this few pages back. It been 469 for a while now I think. Cool deal if you ask me.

Ah. I pre-ordered one just in case my friends wife decides he is worth getting one for christmas. Poor bastard has 2 kids and finances are tight so he hasn't got one yet.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
Ah. I pre-ordered one just in case my friends wife decides he is worth getting one for christmas. Poor bastard has 2 kids and finances are tight so he hasn't got one yet.

That's very nice of you lol

Better than the $449 price error on Amazon.ca during E3?

lol, but if you missed that deal, paying 20$ more is not that bad. And plus BestBuy > Amazon when it comes to shipping.

Ondore

There haven't been any Canadian-accessible PS+ deals in the last month or so, have there? Any expected soon? I'm going to be on the clock for renewal soon.

Top Bottom