• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

For those looking for Wii U Pro Controllers, just saw this in another thread

http://www.play-asia.com/nintendo-wii-u-pro-controller-black-paOS-13-49-en-70-5eol.html

They come out to 29$CAD and if you get two, it comes out to 80$ shipping included. I don't know about the tax situation but it seems to be taxes included too. Which would mean 80$ instead of 115$ in Québec for example.

Yeah, I saw that today. Unfortunately I only need one, and while $30 is a pretty good price, if you add shipping it comes up to about the same as what it's sold for on Amazon. :\ Anyone know of a better deal anywhere?

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Yeah, I saw that today. Unfortunately I only need one, and while $30 is a pretty good price, if you add shipping it comes up to about the same as what it's sold for on Amazon. :\ Anyone know of a better deal anywhere?

I got one for pretty cheap from the Best Buy auction site if you have access to that. Around $30 shipped I believe and the controller was in mint condition.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Anyone know anything about passport renewal?

I'm not sure why I heard that there's a form that doesn't require references if I'm just renewing.

http://www.ppt.gc.ca/form/pdfs/pptc054.pdf

I only found that form.

Your local Canada Post should have something called Simplified Renewal forms

Edit: you have the exact same form there. I should have checked.

Sora_N

Yeah, I googled and it says I can just use my dentist and doctor or something lol. They don't need to sign or anything.

Someone posted this:

"If you apply under simplified procedures you do not need to have guarantors but only name two references who have known you for at least two years. Your dentist does not have to countersign your passport application but you may still add him/her as reference, since he/her knows you for longer than two years, and can certify this if being called by a Passport Canada Officer. The same applies to your doctor or eye doctor; they do not have to countersign your application but may only serve as references if being called and asked whether they know you. "

zroid

Banned
Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright is being listed for $34.99 now. Pretty sure it was $44.99 during E3. Wish I'd ordered that at Amazon instead of Best Buy...

Yeah, I googled and it says I can just use my dentist and doctor or something lol. They don't need to sign or anything.

Someone posted this:

"If you apply under simplified procedures you do not need to have guarantors but only name two references who have known you for at least two years. Your dentist does not have to countersign your passport application but you may still add him/her as reference, since he/her knows you for longer than two years, and can certify this if being called by a Passport Canada Officer. The same applies to your doctor or eye doctor; they do not have to countersign your application but may only serve as references if being called and asked whether they know you. "

Note that the requirements for references have been relaxed in the last decade; you don't have to use a doctor/dentist/other professional now, it just has to be someone who's known you for at least two years and is not family. This applies to both application and renewals, as far as I know (I've served as a renewal reference before).

Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright is being listed for $34.99 now. Pretty sure it was $44.99 during E3. Wish I'd ordered that at Amazon instead of Best Buy...

Got dang. Amazon is the gift that keeps on giving.

And taking away. Both their site and Canada Post say they delivered my copy of Atelier Rorona Plus but I have nothing still. Gonna wait until Monday to see if it magically shows up and then I'm going to have to complain, because it's almost TWO WEEKS since the game was released and this is fucking ridiculous.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Note that the requirements for references have been relaxed in the last decade; you don't have to use a doctor/dentist/other professional now, it just has to be someone who's known you for at least two years and is not family. This applies to both application and renewals, as far as I know (I've served as a renewal reference before).
They can be family, my dad did it for my uncle.

Eligible guarantors

Your guarantor must:

Hold a 5-year or 10-year Canadian passport that is valid or has been expired for no more than one year, on the day you submit your application;
Have known you (the applicant) personally for at least two (2) years.
In the case of a child, the guarantor must have known you (the parent or legal guardian who is applying on behalf of the child) personally for at least two (2) years and must have knowledge of the child;
Be a Canadian citizen 18 years of age or older;
Have been 16 years of age or older when he or she applied for his or her own passport;
Provide the requested information contained in his or her passport;
Be accessible to Passport Canada for verification;

In cases where provincial family services have placed a child for adoption with a family, the Provincial Director of Family Services, the Director of the Family Services Agency or the Director of the Incorporated Institution (in Quebec) may also sign as guarantor until the adoption is final (probationary adoption).

Family members

A family member or any individual residing at your address may be your guarantor provided he or she meets the specified requirements. If you are the parent or legal guardian applying for a passport for your child, you cannot act as guarantor; however, the other parent can.
http://passport.gc.ca/info/section2.aspx?lang=eng

Sealtest

For anyone in Windsor, Family video on tecumseh road w is merging with the other store in windsor and everything in on sale in the store. New blurays,dvds games everything,
3DS Games are $24.99, wii u games $24.99 ps3/xbox 360 $5.99 and ps4 and xbox one are i think also $24.99. I just came back and the game selection was still pretty good but if your looking for movies get there fast.

Yasumi

Banned
For anyone in Windsor, Family video on tecumseh road w is merging with the other store in windsor and everything in on sale in the store. New blurays,dvds games everything,
3DS Games are $24.99, wii u games $24.99 ps3/xbox 360 $5.99 and ps4 and xbox one are i think also $24.99. I just came back and the game selection was still pretty good but if your looking for movies get there fast.
Oh shit, I know where I'm going right now.

Yasumi

Banned
Not a bad haul. I may go back tomorrow for some more movies.
lATJPav.jpg

Xenoflare

Anyone tried using pre-paid visa to buy stuff on Amazon?

I never shopped online and I want to use that to get a few games that my local retailers are not stocking.

I heard that there will be a fee posed on pre-paid/gift visas, if the purchase I'm looking for is about $34 after tax, how much would I have to pay in the end including all shipping and fees?

Sorry about this because I realize that this is an incredibly retarded question.

Yasumi

Banned
You got Nier+Drakengard 3 for $26?

J-E-L-L-Y
I'm actually a horrible person. I now have 2 copies of Drakengard 3, Limited and regular editions, and 3 copies of Nier because Yoko Taro owns my soul.

For any other Windsor people that are interested, there's still quite a lot left. I saw Dark Souls 2, Ni no Kuni, FFX-X2 HD, MGS Ground Zeroes, a bunch of stuff. Still a fair number of movies left too.

Sealtest

I'm actually a horrible person. I now have 2 copies of Drakengard 3, Limited and regular editions, and 3 copies of Nier because Yoko Taro owns my soul.

For any other Windsor people that are interested, there's still quite a lot left. I saw Dark Souls 2, Ni no Kuni, FFX-X2 HD, MGS Ground Zeroes, a bunch of stuff. Still a fair number of movies left too.

I was in a rush when i grabbed my games, Did you happen 2 see anymore vita games?

Bronetta

Hmm, is that only for Best Buy (and related) employees or something?

Nope. Not sure if its open to the public but I received an email invitation a couple of years back.

Sort of off-topic, but tonight's episode of CBC News: The National has a quick story about videogames and history, using Assassin's Creed III as an example.

Let's hope they don't take 5 hours to get to the main segment.

Damn, I was just in town! Bah, no sale for me.

I just get to pick through Guelph Staples for a game or two. None of the Windsor Staples have any PS4 games.

Oh man, just when I was starting to think $45 was a good price for Dark Souls 2 on consoles =[

Layth

I'm moving next month and have E3 Best Buy and Future Shop preorders. I can't find a way to change the address and re-enter my credit card with my new address.

Please don't tell me I have to cancel my orders.

ohlawd

I'm moving next month and have E3 Best Buy and Future Shop preorders. I can't find a way to change the address and re-enter my credit card with my new address.

gotta contact them. less headaches if done by phone.

Gamejunky

Thanks for this

Returners

You have to call and change them all. Have a list of order numbers ready.

Dazzler

Genuinely can't believe the FS site is still so crappy for changing payment details/addresses

surely they've known about this problem forever

On the note of changing shipping addresses:

I have all my e3 preorders on Amazon, and am moving to Toronto in a month and a half. Will I be safe just changing the address online with Amazon?

Returners

Really? Since when do they not let you change shipping address online?

Well, for orders that have no items are shipped at all MAYBE you can do it online.

But for items with partial shipped items (as with E3 preorders usually) you have to call, they won't let you change it online.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
I still haven't received Destiny Beta Code from BB. I pre-ordered it during E3 deal. What should I do?

Megasoum

Banned
God dammit... Looks like Green Man Gaming finally switched to Canadian prices. The games are labeled "CAN" and FarCry 4 is 70$....

God dammit... Looks like Green Man Gaming finally switched to Canadian prices. The games are labeled "CAN" and FarCry 4 is 70$....

Well, as long as they have good deals it won't be terrible. Those prices are adjusted too high though. $64 is more appropriate.

Mupod

Genuinely can't believe the FS site is still so crappy for changing payment details/addresses

surely they've known about this problem forever

Yeah I had to call in to get some of my old E3 preorders sorted out. And the first time I got a clueless dude who screwed everything up so badly I had to call in again, get everything cancelled and reordered.

I did get my discount, although it wasn't reflected on the site and I had to wait a few days for it to get refunded.

Top Bottom