• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
So, I want to pick up the Ghost Edition of Destiny, but I have the Standard edition pre-ordered from the 2013 E3 Deal on the Future Shop site. If I understand correctly, I have to cancel that pre-order, lose my discount and preorder the Ghost Edition at full price? Is that correct?

If anyone ordered the Far Cry 4: Kryatt Edition during the E3 price error, they are being cancelled. I received some sort of coupon towards the standard edition.

Edit: still listed on my order sheet. I guess they are getting around to cancelling them all.

I had a dream that Target put the wrong price tag for the 3DS XL (the tag for milk), and after discussing with her manager, they decided to honour their error and I bought a red 3DS XL for $5. Then I woke up. :(

One day... one day I will find a killer deal before RFD hoarders ruin it.

Gamejunky

Not a bad haul. I may go back tomorrow for some more movies.

Thanks again for the tip, here's my haul:

RDiU43X.jpg

Jinto

Yeah, just got the email from BB regarding my pre-order for the Kyrat Edition of Far Cry 4 being cancelled. Got a code for 30% off the regular edition or $20 off the Kyrat one. I already have the regular one pre-ordered, so if anyone missed out on the E3 deals and wants the code, they can have it.

Any chance of someone able to buy games from that store in Windsor willing to sell me a game or two in Toronto?

Don't think Toronto has that store.

Umm so this is apparently what I got as per my Far Cry 4 cancellation:

With the following code you will receive Far Cry 4 Kyrat Edition of your original order at the advertised price of $49.99.

Is this saying what I think it's saying?

terrible

Banned

With the following code you will receive Far Cry 4 Kyrat Edition of your original order at the advertised price of $49.99.

Interesting. Mine says:

With the following code you will receive 30% off Far Cry 4 or $20 off the Kyrat Edition of Far Cry 4 for Xbox One, Xbox 360, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3 or PC.

Hyunkel6

I got the same email. Do you live in Quebec? I think retailers have to honor pricing errors for QC customers.

Yasumi

Banned
Haul Day 2, just movies this time.
Pacific Rim
Now You See Me
Hot Fuzz
Casshern
Goemon
Ju-On White Ghost/Black Ghost

My dad got:
Penn and Teller Bullshit Season 4
2 George Carlin DVDs
And a couple more comedy DVDs that were way before my time.

Almost got the Attack on Titan Blu-ray/DVD combo, but since they packaged them separately, I'd need to buy both for all of the discs. Also eyed Mario & Luigi Dream Team, but ugh those tutorials.

Thanks again for the tip, here's my haul:

RDiU43X.jpg
Nice!

I got the same email. Do you live in Quebec? I think retailers have to honor pricing errors for QC customers.

Ahh so then that explains it. I guess there's a bit of a silver lining to living in this province, despite all the problems. Don't see the point of them even bothering to cancel it in that case but hey, a deal's a deal.

Jinto

Isn't it gonna be an open Beta? I registered last year at Bungie.net with a code I got back then but I'm not sure it's still needed!

The beta is supposed to be only available to anyone who pre-ordered. Once you register your code on the Bungie site, they're supposed to email you your beta code on the 17th, assuming it's for PS4. Not sure about your code from last year though.

beta_fuse

I got the same email and I live in Quebec as well. Don't understand why they would cancel it from the original order if they are actually going to honor the price.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Got the email, trying to figure out if 129.99 for Far Cry 4 PS4 Collectors is worth it.

Its a Ubisoft CE so no. They'll be on clearance for $50 in a few months and no one will still want them.

flkraven

Its a Ubisoft CE so no. They'll be on clearance for $50 in a few months and no one will still want them.

Exactly. Just got my cancellation email, so I guess I won't preorder it and will instead wait for the CEs to go on clearance sub $70. Over or under on 9 months?

Just a heads up to the other Quebecers regarding the Far Cry 4 code: I entered the code and it only gave me the $20 off. Guess it's time to make a phone call...

Maximus.

Genuinely can't believe the FS site is still so crappy for changing payment details/addresses

surely they've known about this problem forever

Yea I hate this. Changed my CC since last E3 and have to change my card info for the remaining orders.

suikodan

Just a heads up to the other Quebecers regarding the Far Cry 4 code: I entered the code and it only gave me the $20 off. Guess it's time to make a phone call...

Got the email as well. It clearly says that the code will "enable" me to buy the Kyrat Edition for 49,99 but when I try it, I get 20$ off the price.

Wow...

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Hrm, just got that coupon as well. It works out to be a bit more expensive than it would have been to order during E3 I suppose?

God dammit... Looks like Green Man Gaming finally switched to Canadian prices. The games are labeled "CAN" and FarCry 4 is 70$....

Jesus. Between this and Playfire Rewards going to shit, my reasons for continuing to buy games from there are rapidly disintegrating. Though that said, it seems like so far it's just Ubisoft games? I haven't seen anything else on the store marked as Canadian.

Returners

Hrm, just got that coupon as well. It works out to be a bit more expensive than it would have been to order during E3 I suppose?

Nope, Bestbuy doesn't have any of the collectors editions qualify for the promo.

Amazon didn't put that edition as part of their promo.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Nope, Bestbuy doesn't have any of the collectors editions qualify for the promo.

Amazon didn't put that edition as part of their promo.

I mean, it would have been 50 bucks if you bought the normal edition during E3?
(Since only Quebec gets the collectors for 50 bucks...)

Beck

God dammit... Looks like Green Man Gaming finally switched to Canadian prices. The games are labeled "CAN" and FarCry 4 is 70$....

They did this a couple of weeks ago. Same with Assassin's Creed Unity. According to GMG, Ubisoft singled these two games out (with The Crew still being NA). Oddly enough, they told me it's actually $70 USD, too. I was going to do a piece on it, but the response I got from Ubisoft was them just pointing the finger back at GMG.

Maximus.

If we preordered Destiny from Futureshop, were we supposed to get a beta invite as well? I don't see an email from Best Buy or Futureshop for an invite :(

The beta is supposed to be only available to anyone who pre-ordered. Once you register your code on the Bungie site, they're supposed to email you your beta code on the 17th, assuming it's for PS4. Not sure about your code from last year though.

So I went to Bungie.net and signed in with my PSN account and it didn't show any redeemed beta codes so I entered the new code I got recently from BB, July 10th we get to choose our preferred platform then it'll start on the 17th! Apparently I redeemed the code I got from E3 2013 to my old PSN account!

I have an extra Beta code, first PM gets it!

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
How low have you guys seen ACIV at retail? Considering picking it up during the current XBL sale but I'd rather the disc.

Hello Friends,

I preordered Destiny during last year's E3 in 2013 from Futureshop. When will they send me the Beta key?
Search your e-mail. FS sent mine months upon months ago.

Jesus christ. The copy of Atelier Rorona Plus I pre-ordered from Amazon.ca has gone MISSING. It says it was delivered on Friday, and there's still nothing today. What the fuck. It's almost two weeks late as it is, and now it's fucking missing and who the hell knows when I'll get a copy (or even IF I'll get one, should Amazon decide to fuck me over).

This has to be the worst E3 pre-order experience.

Top Bottom