• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

DJ_Lae

I want to pick up Donkey Kong Country: Tropical freeze this week.

Is there any deals online or in store toronto?

Barring any Target deals (I don't know if they still have 50% off random games or if Tropical Freeze would even be one of those) your best bet may be to wait for a $20 off coupon from Shoppers.

Ugh. Lol I just signed up for their reward zone and couldn't find it... figures.

You should sign up for gamers club within Rewards Zone to get double points on all gaming purchases!
That way for every $400 you spend on gaming or $800 on other stuff you get a huge reward certificate of $10 value lol

Not my first choice after how they handled their hack but I can say all my orders with them were problem free.

Also they charge $3 S&H whereas other bigger sites have some free option.

To elaborate on the hack thing: VGP got hacked a while back, and they were pretty slow in informing everyone about what had happened and what the hackers managed to get their hands on. Still not sure if we know if credit card numbers or passwords or what other things were stolen. That wasn't particularly great.

That said, they haven't raised their prices after the blip in the exchange rate, and we're at a point where I'd almost pay the $3 after being dicked around on shipping by everyone besides EB Games (who were the first to raise their prices). I've ordered a few things from them and have never had any problems. Even got Drakengard 3 physical, which I didn't really expect would happen at all, and definitely not at US MSRP. I would definitely consider them for niche games despite the hack situation, though you may also want to try your local mom'n'pop as well if you're going down the indie store route.

Achtius

If anyone is interested in pre-ordering The Sims 4 but missed out on the E3 deal, Amazon.ca have the sims 4 premium edition for 59.99.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
What is the general consensus on Videogamesplus.ca?
I got that DJ Max game from them and my experience with them was fine. I kind of wish that they had tracking on the "cheap" shipping option, but I guess that's not really an option for a smaller company.

Just got the email from best buy today saying that they won't honor the Far Cry 4 Kyryat Edition price error from the E3 promo. Oh well, they are offering 30% off the regular edition to folks who placed their orders before the error was corrected. I decided to order both versions in case something like this came up.

[edit - oops - just spotted the earlier posts]

Amazon.com is sold out of the Ghost Edition of Destiny -_-
I wanted to put an order in case Canadian retailers don't carry it but now I'll have to wait for those idiots to start taking preorders for it, apparently like Bungie said it's gonna be really limited!

Do you know if there was a preorder DLC at all retailers or just Amazon? Cause BB game me nothing!

I know people in America have gotten the preorder DLC from Best Buy and Amazon, but haven't seen any evidence of anyone here getting the preorder DLC from either one. EB games exclusive in Canada maybe?

zroid

Banned
Did anyone get a coupon from SCENE which gives you $5 off any ticket this week (Jul 7-13)?

My mom received one, but I didn't... she doesn't see movies often though so she let me have it. Bought a Tuesday ticket today for $0.85! :lol

frequency

Jesus christ. The copy of Atelier Rorona Plus I pre-ordered from Amazon.ca has gone MISSING. It says it was delivered on Friday, and there's still nothing today. What the fuck. It's almost two weeks late as it is, and now it's fucking missing and who the hell knows when I'll get a copy (or even IF I'll get one, should Amazon decide to fuck me over).

This has to be the worst E3 pre-order experience.

Mine is lost too.

It came into my city and then later in the day had another "Departure Scan"

Then
"We've missed the scheduled transfer time. This may cause a delay. / Delivery will be rescheduled. "

And it's been sitting on "Exception" tracking status since with no sign of progress.

ohlawd

Mine is lost too.

It came into my city and then later in the day had another "Departure Scan"

Then
"We've missed the scheduled transfer time. This may cause a delay. / Delivery will be rescheduled. "

And it's been sitting on "Exception" tracking status since with no sign of progress.
damn, sucks for both of you. Hope eveything ends well.

not impressed that the limited is 109.99

Yeah, Amazon Canada has yet to post them, I am waiting on them to hopefully have it at the USD price. For now I ave a Ghost Edition pre-ordered on Amazon USA (I ship to a local border store that is 45 min away) and a Ghost Edition pre-ordered in store at my EB in town.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
I think Amazon.ca will carry similar pricing. 110$ for limited and 165$ for ghost.

Ventara

I got my cancellations for Far Cry Kyrat editions, too. Was actually thinking of cancelling them, so it worked out for me, at least.

Fixed1979

Did anyone who managed to order the Destiny Ghost edition at EB today get a beta code on their receipt? Mine doesn't say anything and I think I'm stuck doing the order/cancel thing at Amazon if I want in...

Riptwo

The last four orders that I've had through Amazon have all been damaged or otherwise screwed up by UPS (not counting the many times that they've decided not to deliver packages because they claim that my house doesn't exist), and I'm scared that Amazon CS is going to start getting upset by the number of replacements that I've requested.

Has anyone had any trouble from having to constantly replace items at Amazon, and has anyone been able to convince them to use Canada Post for all of their orders?

Got Destiny Ghost Edition preordered in store at EB!
First store I called were jerks, they told me they wouldn't take preorders until they have called all the people with a standard edition preorder and check if they wanted to upgrade, WTF is that? Never heard of such a thing before!
Called another store which is the closest to my place and even a busier one and against my expectations they said yeah sure! Traded in PvZ: GW for Xbone (since I'm getting it for PS4) and TLoU PS3 and got $46.66 which is great in my opinion :)

Fixed1979

Got Destiny Ghost Edition preordered in store at EB!
First store I called were jerks, they told me they wouldn't take preorders until they have called all the people with a standard edition preorder and check if they wanted to upgrade, WTF is that? Never heard of such a thing before!
Called another store which is the closest to my place and even a busier one and against my expectations they said yeah sure! Traded in PvZ: GW for Xbone (since I'm getting it for PS4) and TLoU PS3 and got $46.66 which is great in my opinion :)

Did you get a beta code?

djblue89

Just got a quick question if I buy a year of ps plus now do I need to wait for my current sub to be done or will the next year only start when my current one ends?

Just got a quick question if I buy a year of ps plus now do I need to wait for my current sub to be done or will the next year only start when my current one ends?

It just extends your subscription, for example mine now says it'll expire somewhere in 2016 or 2017 I can't remember!

Top Bottom