• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

Gxgear

Lol... any reason? It's less than a PS4 with tax. I guess 900p versus 1080p.

You're playing with fire when buying used electronics, for one. Titanfall is only $500 + tax, for another. We've also seen very good bundles on Ebay with extra controller, 1-year XBL gold sub, and game for a bit over $500.

Is it really worth it to buy Xbone now? I can't really decide, I'd like to play Titanfall to see what the hype is all about and also wanna play PvZ Garden Warfare, still with my PS4 I don't know if I should get Xbone now or not!

Tagg9

Is it really worth it to buy Xbone now? I can't really decide, I'd like to play Titanfall to see what the hype is all about and also wanna play PvZ Garden Warfare, still with my PS4 I don't know if I should get Xbone now or not!

The way I look at is that I already don't have enough time to play all the games I have for PS3 & PS4. I'll probably wait for an XB1 price cut and then there'll be even more games out for it that I want.

It entirely rests on your financial situation and game preferences. For your specific examples, take into account:

For:

- Titanfall is supposedly a ton of fun
- PvZ Garden Warfare has gotten pretty solid reviews too

Against:

- Titanfall can be played on the 360/PC, potentially nullifying a new console purchase
- Though nothing is set in stone, Titanfall will most likely not be exclusive to the XB1 (in terms of future sequels)
- PvZ Garden Warfare is apparently also coming out for the PS4 in the next 6-12 months (and PC?)

I'd look a little more to the future when it comes to a new console purchase, but that's just me personally. Do you really want to play the next Halo/Gears/Forza really badly? That would justify a purchase in my books.

The way I look at is that I already don't have enough time to play all the games I have for PS3 & PS4. I'll probably wait for an XB1 price cut and then there'll be even more games out for it that I want.

Well my PS3 and PS4 back log is just huge already!
Price cuts though are not really something we should count on with all the price hikes, retailers are looking the other way!

It entirely rests on your financial situation and game preferences. For your specific examples, take into account:

I'd look a little more to the future when it comes to a new console purchase, but that's just me personally. Do you really want to play the next Halo/Gears/Forza really badly? That would justify a purchase in my books.

Financially yes I can buy it, but when it comes to Forza/Halo I'm ok without playing them, I wouldn't mind the option but they are not a console seller for me :)

don't. ever.

unless they actually show some commitment to having exclusives. look at their track record. compare 360 exclusive games to ps3 exclusives the past 4 years or so.

don't buy a device for only one or two games. if there are enough games you are interested in, then go buy it. wait 1 more year. you don't want to be buying something just to play some game right now but you have no idea about future games. remember, a system is an investment. you'd have to think of their future offerings, and if you are really interested in them.

Canon

Banned
I actually like the Kinect which must be superior to Sony's throwaway camera. But I don't see any games that actually use it coming out.

Also I want Banjo Kazooie but that's probably never coming. I could wait but prices are going up in Canada.

Jesb

Can't believe they expect people to pay $70 for a ****** videogame. $60 was already pushing it for me. Already at that price I Only bought less than a handful of games last year on day one. Not sure I would buy any game at that price.

Gxgear

I actually like the Kinect which must be superior to Sony's throwaway camera. But I don't see any games that actually use it coming out.

Also I want Banjo Kazooie but that's probably never coming. I could wait but prices are going up in Canada.

That's adorable. Ironically, they're busying making Kinect Sports Rival which is a game that addresses your first issue...somewhat.

MesH

Well it looks like even with the price increase, trades aren't being increased. Brought in South Park SOT and EB Games said 31 bucks I laughed, he had the nerve to say what is that good, I laughed again and said are u kidding me, that is less than half for a game that came out a little over a week ago.......guess it is going up on kijiji.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Is there one last hope to get a PS4 for $400 this week, or am I too late...?

You guys have been charged by FS for Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster Limited Edition PS3? Nothing here yet, I know that I will stress until the shipping notice with that no shipping to Quebec thing...

Past

You guys have been charged by FS for Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster Limited Edition PS3? Nothing here yet, I know that I will stress until the shipping notice with that no shipping to Quebec thing...

Nope, nothing yet. I am from Quebec also, I have a feeling the order will get cancel. I tried emailing them about it and they had no idea what I was talking about.

MercuryLS

Banned
Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition for PS4/XB1 $45 on FS, BB, Amazon.ca.

Still too much for me, waiting for $30. Thought I'd give you guys a heads up.

Anth0ny

You're not alone. I never bought an original xbox because they never ended up releasing a Banjo game. I bought 360 as soon as they showed that first AMAZING Banjo Kazooie trailer.

Still waiting for the next Banjo on Xbone. Won't be buying one until that game is confirmed.

Amazon.ca has some PS4 games for preorder for $59.99 which became all of a sudden a good price -_- Watch Dogs and Destiny for $59

They also have this :

2ClmBl7.jpg

It already goes for $131.27 so it'll end up being $81.27 before taxes, not so bad really!

Palehorse

I preordered Destiny with Amazon and from the small print it looks like they will only charge at ship, like FS/BB, but can anyone confirm that for me?

Quick

Banned
Tempted to buy a used PS4 on Kijiji.

I've never bought anything from there, is there anything I should be aware of? Probably. A dumb question on top of that: what's the best way to test it without a TV available? I'd assume this person would want to meet in public, and I'd be uneasy about stepping inside a stranger's home.

evanmisha

I've never bought anything from there, is there anything I should be aware of? Probably. A dumb question on top of that: what's the best way to test it without a TV available? I'd assume this person would want to meet in public, and I'd be uneasy about stepping inside a stranger's home.

There's really no way to test a home console if you meet in public unless someone hauls out a TV or you meet somewhere on a college campus with a student access TV. I had a roommate that sold a few consoles on Kijiji and they were all let inside to try it out. That's pretty standard. Just bring a friend, tell someone you trust where you'll be, and if you feel sketchy just leave.

Quick

Banned
There's really no way to test a home console if you meet in public unless someone hauls out a TV or you meet somewhere on a college campus with a student access TV. I had a roommate that sold a few consoles on Kijiji and they were all let inside to try it out. That's pretty standard. Just bring a friend, tell someone you trust where you'll be, and if you feel sketchy just leave.

I'm more concerned about my safety than the details on a potential deal. Paranoiac kicking in.

Saw another ad for a sealed one for a cheap price. A bit more than the used, but just as tempting. I'll sit on it for now. I can wait, but at the same time, I wouldn't want to pass up on a good deal.

Get him to take a video of it working and make sure he shows the date and serial number in the video then when you meet him in public just check the serial number.

How much is he selling for? I have mine listed at 430 and nobody is biting...

-Deimos

Get him to take a video of it working and make sure he shows the date and serial number in the video then when you meet him in public just check the serial number.

Is it used? Seems pretty high for a used console.

Quick

Banned

$400 with COD.

On a related note: which retailer would be most likely to have it in stock on a more consistent basis?

Is it used? Seems pretty high for a used console.

I used it for about an hour but since the source doesn't return open box items I put it up on Kijiji.

As far as price goes I was willing to go lower but I keep getting people offering me 250 and that's just nuts. I'm actually one of tthe cheapest listing on Kijiji that I've seen.

Edit: maybe mine is a little high. I'd grab that 400 dollar one.

I used it for about an hour but since the source doesn't return open box items I put it up on Kijiji.

As far as price goes I was willing to go lower but I keep getting people offering me 250 and that's just nuts. I'm actually one of tthe cheapest listing on Kijiji that I've seen.

which city do you live in?

Quick

Banned

I'll buy it for $100! :lol

Story of my life when I try to sell things on Kijiji lol. People love to low ball. I get offers at like 25% of my list prices all the time.

The worst is when people come to your door after already agreeing to come buy the thing and try to haggle. I don't get why people try that, I guess it must work but man, I'd feel like a dick if I tried to pull that on someone. I've had people get mad and leave when I wouldn't play their little haggle game.

Tagg9

Haha, I know that feeling. I pre-ordered two PS4s in case one of them fell through and ended up with an extra console. I tried selling it for retail value ($450 after tax), and I still got idiots offering me $300.

Haha, I know that feeling. I pre-ordered two PS4s in case one of them fell through and ended up with an extra console. I tried selling it for retail value ($450 after tax), and I still got idiots offering me $300.

It's just the same as some RFDers who strive on taking advantage of anything or anyone, they offer you that price hoping you're in some situation where you need cash asap then you might just bite! It's stupid and everyone trying to sell on Kijiji will always meet some of those, I had someone agree to buy my headset for $60 and just handed me $50 and left without me noticing cause he seemed like a nice guy with a good car and stuff lol

At the same time some people are stupid, like I had someone selling a sound bar at almost the same retail price and I wanted to buy it at any discount but he just refused saying his price is FIRM, I'm sure it was firm enough to shove it somewhere after a while lol

Dazzler

My local London Drugs had MGS Ground Zeroes on the shelf for Xbox One, so I brought it to the checkout and they sold it to me.

Finished it in 48 minutes, what a waste of money

zroid

Banned
My friend texted me today about how excited he was for Ground Zeroes. I don't know if he knows or not.

Either way, I didn't have the heart to tell him...

big_z

Story of my life when I try to sell things on Kijiji lol. People love to low ball. I get offers at like 25% of my list prices all the time.

The worst is when people come to your door after already agreeing to come buy the thing and try to haggle. I don't get why people try that, I guess it must work but man, I'd feel like a dick if I tried to pull that on someone. I've had people get mad and leave when I wouldn't play their little haggle game.

I always meet at their bank for high value purchases or at a tim hortans. I make sure theyre good on the price before I leave to meet them. if they try to fuck around I don't say anything and walk away. people usually cough up the rest pretty fast at that point.

the thing I hate the most are those that reply to my ads to give me moral advise.

I sold mine for $650 with two games(e3 preorders) but it took 27 days to move. Almost every offer was below retail and I was afraid I was going to end up returning it. The xbox one I sold the same day it launched for $850 which was the third lowest offer I got. you would think it would be the other way around because the sony hype train was full speed at the time... weird.

I always price things above what I want because everyone wants to low ball and feel like they got a deal. What ends up happening is I meet them half way which is usually around or slightly higher than what I was originally hoping for.

My local London Drugs had MGS Ground Zeroes on the shelf for Xbox One, so I brought it to the checkout and they sold it to me.

Finished it in 48 minutes, what a waste of money

I have a feeling ground zeroes will show up as the free game with gold shortly before MGSV launches. that's when ill play it.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I was lucky in that I was able to sell mine for 550. Xbone I got 600. Not too bad with the lowballs, although I had people flake out a few times.

Canon

Banned
I got $550 for mine, but now with the price increase I doubt that's going to be much profit. But I sold it because there was no games I wanted so I don't expect that to change until Holiday 2014 and maybe there will be a bundle by then.

Better off to wait for Futureshop E3 sale (which they usually have). I still have 7 PS4 games reserved on last year's sale for $39.99 each.

Yes there might be better offers around E3 but for people with no preorders now it's better to secure that price then they can always cancel up until release week if they got a better offer!

Vinc

I don't want to turn this thread into a shipping thread or anything, but I was wondering if anyone ordered FFXHD PS3 from Best Buy? My CC still hasn't been charged, despite the fact that FS charged it for Infamous already. Hopefully it doesn't ship late!

a916

Can't believe they expect people to pay $70 for a ****** videogame. $60 was already pushing it for me. Already at that price I Only bought less than a handful of games last year on day one. Not sure I would buy any game at that price.

You do understand how the exchange rate works right? ....

Sweet Ivy

If you've got a decent PC you can play TitanFall with the DS4 and it's a blast.
PlantsVSZombies looks pretty nice (I tried it last year and enjoyed it), seems to be a 6-months exclusive, just FYI.

Anybody who preordered Second Son from FS got their card charged?

They will probably charge Wednesday and ship Thursday.

Curious to know the same thing for shop.ca. It's my first experience with them. Do they usually use Canada Post to ship?

Top Bottom