• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

wmlk

FFX/X2 HD Limited Edition for $26.66. Feels crazy man.

thank_you_based_god_o.gif

Wait, WHERE!?

Vinc

Pre-ordered FFX PS3 months ago... best buy still didn't ship my copy because it's out of stock. It's the second time this happens with Best Buy, last time I ended up cancelling my order after they took over a week after release to restock. Damn.

wmlk

E3 deal. After finding out the art book was the case for the game like the KH LE I switched to Vita version.

I dun goofd...

I really don't want FFX without the Limited Edition cover. I'm usually not like this but the standard edition cover just sucks.

I guess I'll have to check in store if I can get the LE at standard price.

TimeKillr

So I got a quick Q..

I'm ordered FFX/X2 Remastered last year during FS' E3 deal shit, but there was a problem (surprise surprise) with their shitty website and the credit card I had on file couldn't be changed unless I called *today* when it should've shipped yesterday.

It's a gift for my gf on wednesday, so I need to have it by then, which is gonna be impossible for now - so I'm wondering if I could just waltz into a FS store (there's one right next to my job), pick it up today, then return the one I get in the mail later this week? Has anybody done that?

Magnus

So I got a quick Q..

I'm ordered FFX/X2 Remastered last year during FS' E3 deal shit, but there was a problem (surprise surprise) with their shitty website and the credit card I had on file couldn't be changed unless I called *today* when it should've shipped yesterday.

It's a gift for my gf on wednesday, so I need to have it by then, which is gonna be impossible for now - so I'm wondering if I could just waltz into a FS store (there's one right next to my job), pick it up today, then return the one I get in the mail later this week? Has anybody done that?

100% fine. Works. Just needs to be the same SKU (limited edition vs normal)

Jayhawk

After the Lightning Returns CE took so long from Digital River in addition to getting hit with CoD charges, I decided to get the fastest shipping option for the Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster CE. It was Fedex this time and I still had to pay CoD. :( At least I got it on day one!

Same here, mine says preparing for shipment. I hope I get it early.

I'm sad that I'm running out of E3 pre-order deal games. I doubt they'll do it this year with the price hike, if they do the deals won't be nearly as good I'd imagine :(

No way, never was I ever shipped something early :( I've got games or consoles charged quite early but they wait till the last minute to ship them out unfortunately.

As for the deals this year, they will probably bump up the price by $10 for each game or give a flat discount rate. As for Best Buy, I still expect them to do the rewards. Hopefully the E3 deals continue.

farisr

No way, never was I ever shipped something early :( I've got games or consoles charged quite early but they wait till the last minute to ship them out unfortunately.

As for the deals this year, they will probably bump up the price by $10 for each game or give a flat discount rate. As for Best Buy, I still expect them to do the rewards.

Yup.

I think we're going to be getting 33% off of the raised prices This time around. So basically 46.66+tax, instead of 39.99+ tax that we got when games were selling at 59.99.

Well, I hope so anyways.

zroid

Banned
Yup.

I think we're going to be getting 33% off of the raised prices This time around. So basically 46.66+tax, instead of 39.99+ tax.

Well, I hope so anyways.

The sad thing is due to the way FS handles pre-orders, even for games without retail prices yet, they will set them at $65-70 (or $45 for handhelds), and if these titles happen to have lower retail prices when they come out, perhaps due to CAD recovery or any other reason, we'll still be stuck paying more.

Quick question guys, I spent the required $60 on PSN last night to get $10 back - I got the purchase conformation email this morning but no mention of a code or any rebate. Anyone have an idea if or when I’ll be seeing a code in the future? Thanks in advance!

[edit - just contacted support - apparently the email with the voucher code will go out between today and the 24th]

It'll be sent to you on or before March 24th. The code'll expire 11:59 PM PST March 31st.

Thanks for the super quick response! :D

ohlawd

Quick question guys, I spent the required $60 on PSN last night to get $10 back - I got the purchase conformation email this morning but no mention of a code or any rebate. Anyone have an idea if or when I’ll be seeing a code in the future? Thanks in advance!

It'll be sent to you on or before March 24th. The code'll expire 11:59 PM PST March 31st.

The sad thing is due to the way FS handles pre-orders, even for games without retail prices yet, they will set them at $65-70 (or $45 for handhelds), and if these titles happen to have lower retail prices when they come out, perhaps due to CAD recovery or any other reason, we'll still be stuck paying more.

The thing about these E3 pre-orders on either FS or BB is that any single game can be cancelled anytime. Some reps are quite particular that the order must have a minimum of three games when you are trying to cancel but usually they don't care.

I had 4 games pre-ordered on X1 and when I called in to cancel Forza, the rep mentioned that I keep the other three or the discount would be void. So it is pretty much like RFD, buy first and think/decide later if you want it.

suikodan

I know I shouldn't be this angry because it's only games and that I have lots of stuff to play but:

- FS STILL didn't ship my PS3 FFX even though I placed my order in June of LAST YEAR!
- I went and paid in full FFX Vita at my local Microplay last Sunday only for them to tell my wife that it's gonna be available Friday. Couldn't they tell me at the moment I PAID for it????

It's so frustrating.

jet1911

Still no shipping notice for Infamous from FS. This trend of taking money and not sending the item right away is pretty annoying. They did the same thing with my PS4 order last year...

Still no shipping notice for Infamous from FS. This trend of taking money and not sending the item right away is pretty annoying. They did the same thing with my PS4 order last year...

I don't remember if it was the PS4/X1 that happened to me last year but it did. There is no such law that they have to ship the item when charged, right? I do know that some of the sites do like to charge for pre-orders right away.

Gritesh

The ultra annoying thing is that this game will come late..yet guaranteed it's been in stock at their warehouse for two weeks now.

I'm going to have to walk in and buy a non pre order from the store on Friday and then when it comes in the mail next week take it back and return it using the in store receipt. It's annoying but I'm not giving up my e3 pricing.

I'm working from home today and somehow Best Buy and Canada Post have conspired to fuck me AGAIN. [snip two paragraphs of all-caps expletives because I actually like being a member here and don't want to be banned] So despite BEING AT HOME I can't pick up Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD until TOMORROW EVENING.

Jesus. I don't even want to play the game today, but I'm so past tired of dealing with this shit. I almost want to just cancel all my E3 pre-orders just to tell FS/BB to fuck off with their asinine mail delivery policies that NO OTHER COMPANY does, not Amazon, not EBGames.

Zeeman

Man, this thread is depressing recently. No actual deals, just talking about preorders and how shitty companies are at delivering them. Damn our terrible dollar.

Gritesh

Man, this thread is depressing recently. No actual deals, just talking about preorders and how shitty companies are at delivering them. Damn our terrible dollar.
Lack of new games being released and the start of a new gen pretty much makes for no deals...

Pretty much agree we have absolute carp shipping in Canada though I was just talking this over with my wife yesterday, in the states you can get next day delivery in Canada its like a week at the minimum...

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.

If Harper gets his way, our dollar will drop below $0.80 this year

farisr

I don't remember if it was the PS4/X1 that happened to me last year but it did. There is no such law that they have to ship the item when charged, right? I do know that some of the sites do like to charge for pre-orders right away.

It's their company policy, the terms of the preorders. They are regularly breaking their company policy when they charge you without shipping out the order for days. It is legitimate/valid enough that a BBB complaint regarding this is taken seriously (if you want to take the time doing it that is).

jet1911

The ultra annoying thing is that this game will come late..yet guaranteed it's been in stock at their warehouse for two weeks now.

I'm going to have to walk in and buy a non pre order from the store on Friday and then when it comes in the mail next week take it back and return it using the in store receipt. It's annoying but I'm not giving up my e3 pricing.

I just called their customer service and the lady told me that it will shipped today. I don't believe her though haha.

suikodan

FFX/X2 vita bundle is on the store. $39.99 and no tax charged!. Woohoo! Now what do I spend $20 on for the $60/$10 promo...

With a physical Vita copy on hold until Friday and a balance of 10$ on my PSN Wallet, I went and bought it there as well. If both games were on a cart, that would have been different but it isn't the case here.

I'll wait for the PS3 LE to arrive (IF FS ships the LE to Quebec) to marvel on physical stuff.

Vibranium

Banned
If Harper gets his way, our dollar will drop below $0.80 this year

Man I hope we vote him out, or at that very least into a minority

I double dare EB/other retailers to raise game prices to $80 if the loonie drops again. Just try to make that work, haha.

online or in store?

Ground Zeroes?

It's there AFAIK. Didn't buy it tbh.

With a physical Vita copy on hold until Friday and a balance of 10$ on my PSN Wallet, I went and bought it there as well. If both games were on a cart, that would have been different but it isn't the case here.

I'll wait for the PS3 LE to arrive (IF FS ships the LE to Quebec) to marvel on physical stuff.

The download was fast...3.3gb in 15mins with robbers express.

Gamejunky

Just went to check on the status of the Ground zeroes preorder I did on Amazon a month ago and it says it won't be shipped until april 2nd? Contacted customer service and they said it was because it was out of stock. First shitty experience i've had with amazon, i'll just go to EB or somewhere and buy it off the shelf for the same price. Not gonna wait two damn weeks.

Just went to check on the status of the Ground zeroes preorder I did on Amazon a month ago and it says it won't be shipped until april 2nd? Contacted customer service and they said it was because it was out of stock. First shitty experience i've had with amazon, i'll just go to EB or somewhere and buy it off the shelf for the same price. Not gonna wait two damn weeks.

My experience is that amazon.ca is absolute garbage when it comes to shipping preorders on time. I never order from them unless the game i want is instock at that very moment.

Daigr

My experience is that amazon.ca is absolute garbage when it comes to shipping preorders on time. I never order from them unless the game i want is instock at that very moment.

This is why I stopped pre ordering from amazon.ca, they started holding games until the friday after release then shipping.

But I didn't learn my lesson this time. Preordered FFX/X-2 for vita from them because it was 39.99. Checked my order says not in stock until mar. 25. At least I saved 5 bucks.

Cynar

Man I hope we vote him out, or at that very least into a minority

I double dare EB/other retailers to raise game prices to $80 if the loonie drops again. Just try to make that work, haha.
Government works best when it's a minority. Then they actually have to debate shit and do their jobs.

Top Bottom