• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

Megasoum

Banned
I wonder if Sony will charge 35$ for the PS4 version of GRound Zeroes on PSN tomorrow... I imagine they will. If they charge the same price as retail I'll go get a copy at FS and resell it before the end of the week lol.

I hope, if they ship it today I'll be lucky to have it friday haha.

I live in downtown Toronto and I don't expect to pick mine up until Saturday at the earliest (because lately Canada Post hasn't been dropping off failed deliveries at my post office until late) or Monday (if Future Shop turn out to be dicks, which they often are but could especially be this time around just because).

In summary: PLEASE STOP RELEASING GAMES ON FRIDAY. JESUS GODDAMNED CHRIST.

Jagxyz

Hope shop.ca can get infamous to me by release. Waiting till Monday would suck.

I am in the GTA, so fingers crossed.

Isn't it too early for panic attacks over Infamous? :D
I mean I was planning on having mine Wednesday night after work but you guys can't wait, I mean having my panic attack not the game :p

farisr

Anybody who preordered Second Son from FS got their card charged?

Yep. I wonder if they'll ship it soon?

Yeah, mine got charged as well. But I'm part of the E3 preorder guys. FS have been shafting many of us E3 preorderers over the next-gen releases, always shipping out late regardless of how early they charged the credit card.

If there is no shipping notification by thursday evening (not late night), I'm going to go and buy a retail copy at a FS near me on friday (if it is the limited edition) and just return the shipped copy when it arrives.

(With the PS4 console preorder, my card got charged on monday, and due to living at just the edge of their day 1 zone, they kept on delaying shipping it out, got a shipment notification friday morning 2am, receive the console on monday, whereas others received their ps4's as early as wednesday because they lived in 3-day shipment zones).

farisr

Just an FYI, It'll be $20 for the digital version

Where did you hear this? As far as I know, the only price drop that happened for the next-gen version was on the physical release (which was $40/$45 before). Digital release is still going to be $30 for the ps4 digital version.

Edit: beaten.

Dazzler

I don't want to turn this thread into a shipping thread or anything, but I was wondering if anyone ordered FFXHD PS3 from Best Buy? My CC still hasn't been charged, despite the fact that FS charged it for Infamous already. Hopefully it doesn't ship late!

I ordered from FS and they haven't charged my card yet for FFX

Tola

Neo Member
Got charged for inFamous 2nd Son from FS as well. Hoping the E3 preorders would be delayed this time...

I actually like it when this becomes a thread on shipping - this way we can get a gauge on when the orders are getting shipped in different parts of the country.

Where did you hear this? As far as I know, the only price drop that happened for the next-gen version was on the physical release (which was $40/$45 before). Digital release is still going to be $30 for the ps4 digital version.

Edit: beaten.

Sorry guys, I got mixed up here. The digital version for PS3 and the 360 is $20 while the PS4 digital version is $30. My bad

They will probably charge Wednesday and ship Thursday.

Curious to know the same thing for shop.ca. It's my first experience with them. Do they usually use Canada Post to ship?

In my experience our video games supplier uses UPS.

Also, PSA but for anyone looking to get an Xbox One but isn't necessarily interested in buying Titanfall we have Plants vs. Zombies bundle which comes with an extra controller, a year of live, and PvZ, but is $20 off the MSRP for those items combined. And we also have a Play & Charge kit bundle now too which is similar.

Images are missing the extra controller for some reason, but you can confirm what's included in the product description:

http://www.shop.ca/c/microsoft-shop...-w-play-chrg-controller-876264008898-24210994
http://www.shop.ca/c/microsoft-shop...dle-w-plants-vs-zombies-876264008904-24210995

jet1911

I know it's not gaming related but I was Target to buy toilet paper and they have a pack of Royale 12 double rolls for 1.46$. It's not in the flyer. Don't know if it's just a glitch in this Target though.

Got charged for inFamous 2nd Son from FS as well. Hoping the E3 preorders would be delayed this time...

I actually like it when this becomes a thread on shipping - this way we can get a gauge on when the orders are getting shipped in different parts of the country.

On my E3 Pre-order FS moved Infamous: SS from my big order to a 'Shipment' order but it still doesn't list as shipped yet.

Returners

It's going to be a hard choice now. If Ground Zeroes comes out on PSN tonight... and it's still part of the buy 60 get 10 back promo...

Jinto

I got a call from EB a few days letting me know my FFX for ps3 can be picked up tomorrow. I caved in bought the vita copy from Amazon as well.

MercuryLS

Banned
I did get charged for Infamous SS from Futureshop.

Same here, mine says preparing for shipment. I hope I get it early.

I'm sad that I'm running out of E3 pre-order deal games. I doubt they'll do it this year with the price hike, if they do the deals won't be nearly as good I'd imagine :(

Quadratic

I got my FFX shipped. But with another copy of Battlefield 4 since they were on the same invoice. But I got my BF4 disc in Nov. They charged me for the 2nd copy too! Has this happened to anyone else with their E3 orders?

Gxgear

I got my FFX shipped. But with another copy of Battlefield 4 since they were on the same invoice. But I got my BF4 disc in Nov. They charged me for the 2nd copy too! Has this happened to anyone else with their E3 orders?

Yeah, it's just an error in their email system. My Thief PS4 shipping noticed had Knack on it, but I called my credit card company and confirmed the correct total was charged.

Infamous Second Son has shipped according to futureshop email 20 minutes ago. I'm not optimistic about getting it before Friday or even on Friday being in the boonies but hopefully.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
FFX/X2 HD Limited Edition for $26.66. Feels crazy man.

thank_you_based_god_o.gif

kennah

Read there's only an
hour's
worth of gameplay, such a value......

Probably going to go physical used or redbox it for a night.

Your Redboxes still have games? All the ones I go to in Winnipeg regularly have stopped stocking them entirely.

Past

My tracking finally updated and says: Electronic information submitted by shipper.

Looks like I won't get FF today. :(

Top Bottom